PDA

View Full Version : I'll Be There - Spurs/Pacers

bigbendbruisebrother
12-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi All,

I will be at tonights game. It will by my 7 year old's first Spurs game. It'll be my first one since 2007. Before that, it was 2005. Before that was 2003. And yes, before that? 1999 in the dome.

You get the picture.

GO SPURS!

Vaughn

xellos88330
12-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Grats man!!! Have a great time! I love me some spurs games!

bigbendbruisebrother
12-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks xellos. I grew up in SA and got to see the Spurs from the beginning (Kenon and Silas were my favorite players). The company my dad worked for had season tickets in the 80's and during the good years, I cheered for Ice and the Bruise Brothers. During lean years, I cheered on the likes of Alvin Robertson, Willie Anderson and Frank Brickowski. I was lucky enough to get in several games during David Robinson's rookie year and was at one of the Portland playoff games.

Now that I live out in the sticks (ocotillo, rocks and wind actually), I have missed going to games. My boy is finally old enough though, so here goes. I'm stoked.

panic giraffe
12-19-2009, 05:59 PM
have a great time.

spread a lot of that championship year mojo around.........

bigbendbruisebrother
12-19-2009, 06:05 PM
have a great time.

spread a lot of that championship year mojo around.........

Thanks and will do. 2005 and 2007 didn't seem to be our years either. You never can tell with the Spurs.

bigbendbruisebrother
12-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Man, that was fun. My little boy had a fantastic time at his first game and we're both hoarse. What a drag the Matt got hurt. We were on a 22-9 run when he left. That injury changed the game. The spacing was totally whacked offensively. I hope he heals quickly.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-20-2009, 12:25 AM
glad you had fun!!
i am about to go 2 my first ever spurs game on the 27th @ MSG against the knicks :D

bigbendbruisebrother
12-20-2009, 01:18 AM
glad you had fun!!
i am about to go 2 my first ever spurs game on the 27th @ MSG against the knicks :D

Wow! That's cool. There's a lot of history in that patch of ground. Sports-wise and otherwise (they tore down Penn Station--arguably the most beautify train station that ever existed--to build MSG).

Have a great time. I hope they play more consistently than they did tonight.