PDA

View Full Version : Would the Lakers 3 peat have ever even happened if..

Mavs_man_41
12-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Tmac and Duncan would have both went to Orlando in the summer of 99? I know they were courting both players, and had they been able to convince Duncan to sign, would it have changed NBA history as we know it? Would Laker douche be a castrated version of his current self? Would the 3peat have never happened?

PG- Darrel Armstrong (in his prime and was a 16ppg, 7apg, and 2 steal player)
SG- Tmac
SF- Mike Miller
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Michael Doleac

A young, prime version of Tmac paired with young Duncan could have been the greatest duo of all time :wow

21_Blessings
12-20-2009, 04:13 AM
A young, prime version of Tmac paired with young Duncan could have been the greatest duo of all time :wow

A young, prime Tmac was never better than a young Kobe. The same young Kobe that constantly punked T-Quit head to head when they guarded each other.

Duncan was NEVER better than PRIME Shaq.

So please explain to the class how that would have been the greatest duo of all time.

Disturbed
12-20-2009, 04:14 AM
Who knows but then again whats the team that beat the Lakers in 99 in the WCF I believe? A Tim Duncan led Spurs. Do the Lakers win in 99? Whats the team that beat the Lakers in 03 to end the 3 peat? A Duncan led Spurs.

The Magic and Lakers would probably had many battles in the NBA Finals, but Lakers at the time of that 3 peat had the best player in the NBA in Shaq and Kobe has always been better then Tmac. Also Mike Miller was drafted in 2000 I believe with a lottery pick which the Magic I dont believe would have had since they would have a better record.

Mavs_man_41
12-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Who knows but then again whats the team that beat the Lakers in 99 in the WCF I believe? A Tim Duncan led Spurs. Do the Lakers win in 99? Whats the team that beat the Lakers in 03 to end the 3 peat? A Duncan led Spurs.

The Magic and Lakers would probably had many battles in the NBA Finals, but Lakers at the time of that 3 peat had the best player in the NBA in Shaq and Kobe has always been better then Tmac. Also Mike Miller was drafted in 2000 I believe with a lottery pick which the Magic I dont believe would have had since they would have a better record.

Miller got drafted the same year Tmac and almost Duncan signed in the offseason

Trainwreck2100
12-20-2009, 04:18 AM
A young, prime Tmac was never better than a young Kobe. The same young Kobe that constantly punked T-Quit head to head when they guarded each other.

So please explain to the class how that would have been the greatest duo of all time.

Duncan was never the problem in 01 and 02 it was the fact they had the likes of steve smith and derek anderson starting and missing wide open threes

Thank God Doc Rivers is an idiot or Timmy would have gone

Greg Oden
12-20-2009, 04:19 AM
A young, prime Tmac was never better than a young Kobe.

Your crackhead ass mom should've bought you a helmet when you were a kid. You've got a few screws loose.

sook
12-20-2009, 04:29 AM

i couldn't give a shit about what tmac did as a nonrocket, and i think Kobe was better but not for the dumbass reason you posted. Guarding each other and head 2 head is a lame excuse and Kobe had the better team but I think tmac had the upper hand offensively, and Kobe was WAYY better defensively + had the mental edge to close.

Duncan was better than prime shaq btw.

21_Blessings
12-20-2009, 04:41 AM
i couldn't give a shit about what tmac did as a nonrocket, and i think Kobe was better but not for the dumbass reason you posted. Guarding each other and head 2 head is a lame excuse and Kobe had the better team but I think tmac had the upper hand offensively, and Kobe was WAYY better defensively + had the mental edge to close.

Kobe was a much better defender and had a more complete offensive game than T-Mac. And it showed when they played against each other. Yes head to head matters when Kobe shutdowns T-Mac in the 4th quarter on call while scoring on him at will during crunch time.

Duncan was better than prime shaq btw.

:blah :blah

Culburn369
12-20-2009, 06:52 AM
No amount of idle meanderings by Dallas chums is gonna eradicate the '06 Finals from the ages.

None.

Venti Quattro
12-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Sons the Lakers beat star-studded Portland and Sacramento teams en route to the Finals and 2 chips, what makes you think we can't beat the Magic of TD and T-Mac

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2009, 09:10 AM
given that they didnt sign and trade for ghill,

then you must add ben wallace to that roster,

but we dont know how ben as playing b4 he was on the pistons....

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Duncan was never the problem in 01 and 02 it was the fact they had the likes of steve smith and derek anderson starting and missing wide open threes

you forgot the part where derek anderson was taking out by juwon howard, spurs missing the 2nd offensive player and losing to the lakers...

how about when parker was missing in the playoffs against the lakers when they adjusted to him....

ginoboli and jax had their problems also with the starter/bench bs, but they did contributed when it mattered.....

we would always lead a series only t o lose it in the end cause of players being exposed, and with all those points above mentioned, it was really frustrating as a spurs fan during them lakers 3peat seasons, we had the roster to win it all every year...only variances played against us...

Culburn369
12-20-2009, 10:52 AM
only variances played against us...

& you were little afraid at times.

gaKNOW!blee
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM

watch your mouth.

My Fault
12-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Your crackhead ass mom should've bought you a helmet when you were a kid. You've got a few screws loose.

No he's just a Laker homer......

duhoh
12-20-2009, 12:33 PM
If Bird, Mchale, and Ainge were black, would the Lakers of the 80's had won a title? :lmao Who thinks of this shit.

:tu

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2009, 12:46 PM
What 3-peat? We all know the 2002 championship* doesn't count.

KSeal
12-20-2009, 12:46 PM
If Bird, Mchale, and Ainge were black, would the Lakers of the 80's had won a title? :lmao Who thinks of this shit.

Butthurt haters trying to find any way to diminish anything Lakers.

Culburn369
12-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Somebody shoulda told Horry that when he held still top of that arc till CWEBB got bored and turned his back on him.

Horry left him there,,,dead in the ground.

Allanon
12-20-2009, 01:12 PM

If you believe that, you also have to believe this:

“My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest.

Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there.”

“Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings…

Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.”
:lol

TheManFromAcme
12-20-2009, 01:15 PM
There was no stopping that early 00's Laker teams. Come on guys.
Your idiotic to think T-Mac is anywhere near Kobe's caliber. I mean, really.
Would a Duncan led Magic team have the potential? You bet. In fact, the possibility of them winning at least one title is not far fetched but in the scheme of it all, it would have been the Lakers hand over fist to come out on top. Did everybody forget just how dominant those Laker teams were?

Not trying to take anyting away from perhaps the greatest PF in history (TD) but the fire-power wasn't there ultimately.

Having your Laker hate is all fine and dandy. Just please, once in a while, take a step back and analyze it for what it is.

Winning back to back titles is tough. 3 peats are a rarity only to be accomplished by 3 teams, Celtics, Bulls (Lakers/Minn/L.A.).

Sour grapes for you guys who just hate the mere fact the L.A. just happens to be one of those teams. :toast

dirk4mvp
12-20-2009, 01:37 PM
http://eatthiscity.com/wp-content/upload/1257198919-YallNiggazPostinInATrollThread.jpg

Why are laker fans so easy?

Culburn369
12-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Because we've rung 15 times. You'd know, cept yer innately ignorant. You ain't ever spent a day in yer life.

dirk4mvp
12-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Someone's talking about my team. It makes me sad.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/butthurt2.jpg

Goran Dragic
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM
If you believe that, you also have to believe this:

:lol

Why do you think they're so proud to be fat beaners? The only reason they have a championship is because there weren't enough bean munching NBA fans so Stern saw an opportunity to increase the amount of beaner basketball fans by wrigging it for a team in a city made up entirely of fat beaners.

TheManFromAcme
12-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Why do you think they're so proud to be fat beaners? The only reason they have a championship is because there weren't enough bean munching NBA fans so Stern saw an opportunity to increase the amount of beaner basketball fans by wrigging it for a team in a city made up entirely of fat beaners.

Phoenix isn't exactly "Gringo" capital of the U.S. either. :hat......ese

Goran Dragic
12-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Phoenix isn't exactly "Gringo" capital of the U.S. either. :hat......ese

Our beaners know their place, and they aren't fat beaners either. beaners > fat beaners