PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy Died of Cardiac Arrest.....

Mr. Peabody
12-20-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest/#comments

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ they received a call to a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest/#comments#ixzz0aFymlhUB

Crazy. At 32, to die of cardiac arrest, I'm sure drugs were involved.

thispego
12-20-2009, 02:06 PM
damn, who's the next two to die? start a pool?

In10se
12-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Had to be lots and lots of cocaine involved

BRHornet45
12-20-2009, 02:20 PM
damn shame.

In10se
12-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Freaky ugly vampire dude from twilight and Oprah.

Venti Quattro
12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Sons that is so sad

thispego
12-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Freaky ugly vampire dude from twilight and Oprah.

good guesses. oprah's too rich to die though

Bukefal
12-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Damn, I always found her a sympathetic kind person seeing her in movies and on tv. That's a shame. What happened?

Fpoonsie
12-20-2009, 02:44 PM
What...tha...FUCK?

BlackSwordsMan
12-20-2009, 02:55 PM
cocaine is a helluva drug

lefty
12-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Still nothing on People's website

Damn they are lame

ashbeeigh
12-20-2009, 02:57 PM
One of the people I'm following in Twitter just said this: "Welp just called my homie who works for NBC as a producer and he says Britney Murphy's death is confirmed, WOW."

Jekka
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
RIP, Luanne.

BlackSwordsMan
12-20-2009, 03:37 PM
she would have been an excellent harly quinn in nolan's batman. oh well

samikeyp
12-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Wow...that's sad...so young.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-20-2009, 03:45 PM
oh man. that's sad. she was a cool chick. i hope it's not drugs.

Kori Ellis
12-20-2009, 04:05 PM
RIP

It's odd because her husband stopped breathing and was rushed to the hospital just last month. - http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/08/brittany-murphy-husband-911-call

In the 911 call they say Monjack "stopped breathing" but they "revived him."

Kori Ellis
12-20-2009, 04:13 PM
oh man. that's sad. she was a cool chick. i hope it's not drugs.

I'm guessing it has to be. Her and her husband have been freaks in recent years.

MiamiHeat
12-20-2009, 04:24 PM
dumb husband

exposing his wife to this drug garbage, instead of leading them to a good and happy future. reminds me of what bobby brown did to whitney houston

now look what happened

Kori Ellis
12-20-2009, 04:33 PM
dumb husband

exposing his wife to this drug garbage, instead of leading them to a good and happy future. reminds me of what bobby brown did to whitney houston

now look what happened

Yeah, it's a sad situation. They've had lots of "incidents" happen... He was being investigated for some crimes, she claimed that he was kidnapped and held for ransom, etc. It was a very bad choice for her, that unfortunately ended in her death. I'm not sure what she saw in him...

http://www.buzzfoto.com/photos/0709-September-2007/071006HF_BrittanyMurphy.jpg

In10se
12-20-2009, 04:36 PM
She never got over being fat as a child.

Soul_Patch
12-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it's a sad situation. They've had lots of "incidents" happen... He was being investigated for some crimes, she claimed that he was kidnapped and held for ransom, etc. It was a very bad choice for her, that unfortunately ended in her death. I'm not sure what she saw in him...

WTf...seriously, that dude looks like a fuckin child molestor or something...she is pretty hot...wtf was she thinking.

PakiDan
12-20-2009, 04:47 PM
How very sad.

760Spursfan
12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Damn that is crazy, I am sure that drugs will have something to do with it. Pretty sad that many of these celebs lose their lives early to dumb shit(if that is that case).

ashbeeigh
12-20-2009, 05:04 PM

I'm sure you saw the TMZ article comparing him to Oliver Platt...I just found that hilarious. http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/04/oliver-platt-is-married-to-brittany-murphy/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/12/1203_oliver_brittany.jpg

lil_penny
12-20-2009, 05:04 PM
My uncle worked at the ivey in l.a. for quite sometime she was a regular in there and they would always talk it up(being he is gay lol) but he always said how she wasn't like most the tools that came in.. very down to eath I'm told.

jack sommerset
12-20-2009, 05:13 PM

Chris Henry died. WR in the NFL. I'm looking for the 3rd. Im going with a country old singer. Willie Nelson.

That girl could look HOT one day and ugly the next. Liked her in Sin City.

SpursFanFirst
12-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I just saw this.
My first thought was drugs, also.
What a shame.

jonnybravo
12-20-2009, 05:55 PM
My uncle worked at the ivey in l.a. for quite sometime she was a regular in there and they would always talk it up(being he is gay lol) but he always said how she wasn't like most the tools that came in.. very down to eath I'm told.

Did you mean Ivar?

Frenzy
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
had to be drugs. she looked like a druggie.

Kori Ellis
12-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Did you mean Ivar?

No, I think he means The Ivy restaurant on Robertson.

Gerryatrics
12-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Chris Henry died. WR in the NFL. I'm looking for the 3rd. Im going with a country old singer. Willie Nelson.

Roy Edward Disney

Dan O'Bannon

Alaina Reed Hall

There's three right there.

ploto
12-20-2009, 06:32 PM
So sad.

I wonder if it could have been anorexia related. I was never quite sure if she was a druggie or had anorexia.

Leetonidas
12-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Roy Edward Disney

Dan O'Bannon

Alaina Reed Hall

There's three right there.

I think he meant three relevant deaths.

lil_penny
12-20-2009, 06:46 PM
No, I think he means The Ivy restaurant on Robertson.

Yea my bad on the spelling.

JMarkJohns
12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
So sad.

I wonder if it could have been anorexia related. I was never quite sure if she was a druggie or had anorexia.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p130/cacophony_lo/alg_murphy_2009.jpg

She was looking pretty skinny. Was also getting some facial surgery to stay "relevant" amidst more "glamorous" or skinny actresses. Had some lip work and some chin work done recently.

Fabbs
12-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Recently was she still skeletor looking?

MiamiHeat
12-20-2009, 07:08 PM
god damn

look how skinny she got, that's cocaine it looks like.

Avitus1
12-20-2009, 07:26 PM
I was shocked to hear this... me and my girlfriend were just talking about her the other day.

jag
12-20-2009, 07:37 PM

What the hell is going on in this world?

David Bowie
12-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow, that is sad . I saw her in a few films. And I love King of the Hill. I'm always shocked when a celeb dies for some reason.

iggypop123
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
she used to be a fat chick. maybe her rapid weight loss didnt do her heart well. i dont think it could be drugs

JMarkJohns
12-20-2009, 11:06 PM
she used to be a fat chick. maybe her rapid weight loss didnt do her heart well. i dont think it could be drugs

She wasn't fat. She had some weight on her (maybe 25 pounds or so from healthy ideal), but from extremes, we talking about 50 pounds, and the time frame from extreme to extreme was several years.

However, there's a line with weight loss that shouldn't be crossed, and she, evidently, crossed it and then some.

She definitely got too skinny at the end. That, with the impact/effects of multiple cosmetic surgeries, and the stress may have been the big factor.

Big P
12-20-2009, 11:15 PM

What the hell is going on in this world?

They look wiffed up right there...note shes skinny as a rail & he's all bloated..classic tell

marini martini
12-20-2009, 11:36 PM
She was Lu Ann's voice in King of the Hill!:(

JamStone
12-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Randomly, I'll guess Barry Manilow next to complete the three.

CubanSucks
12-21-2009, 01:24 AM
We'll miss you Luanne Platter!

EmptyMan
12-21-2009, 01:27 AM
I'll go Lohan.

DMX7
12-21-2009, 01:30 AM
We'll miss you Luanne Platter!

Yep, King of the Hill is one of my favorite shows. It just got cancelled too.

Very sad though. RIP.

thispego
12-21-2009, 01:32 AM
she reminds me of 4ccs wife, real thin sexy little body

mookie2001
12-21-2009, 01:37 AM
for real

like the fitness models who flip around on foxsports southwest

mojorizen7
12-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Damn what a shame. She was a phat hottie not to long ago, she looks like a fucking twig in these recent pics......and that dude looks like a real choice decision.
This is how i want to remember BM. She liked it when i smacked her around a little before we got to grinding on each other......:p:
http://www.bigshotmag.com/images/britm.jpg

CubanSucks
12-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Yep, King of the Hill is one of my favorite shows. It just got cancelled too.

Very sad though. RIP.

It was supposed to get cancelled like 2 seasons ago but from what I remember the numbers kept coming up good so it lasted a lot longer than what was originally thought.

ehz33satx
12-21-2009, 02:00 AM
[QUOTE=jack sommerset;3934255 I'm looking for the 3rd. Im going with a country old singer. Willie Nelson.[/QUOTE]

Don't say that! He would be mourned by millions. I saw him in concert at Flores Country Store in Helotes years ago. He stood for 2 hours and really played that old guitar. Later that night me and my friends had a backyard bbq and tripped all night on shrooms. That was one fun evening!

CubanSucks
12-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Don't say that! He would be mourned by millions. I saw him in concert at Flores Country Store in Helotes years ago. He stood for 2 hours and really played that old guitar. Later that night me and my friends had a backyard bbq and tripped all night on shrooms. That was one fun evening!

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/23060/original/CoolStoryBro.jpg

Bukefal
12-21-2009, 06:23 AM
She had a sweet voice.

lefty
12-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Brittany Murphy was very ill in the hours before she went into cardiac arrest and died, sources tell TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taking prescription meds for flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for several days. We're told Murphy began vomiting early Sunday morning and told family members she was feeling very ill.

Sources say various prescriptions were found in the home -- written for Brittany Murphy, husband Simon Monjack, and Brittany's mom. One source says, "There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house."

Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom and somehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area.

We're also told authorities did not find illegal drugs in the house, but Murphy was definitely taking various prescription meds.

Sources say her condition and the meds could have triggered a heart attack, but it's too early to know. An autopsy will be performed Monday or Tuesday. We reported earlier Monjack did not want an autopsy (http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-simon-monjack-autopsy-death/) but ultimately it's the Coroner's call.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/12/1220_brittany_murphy_launch_200.jpg (http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/remembering_brittany_murphy)As we first reported, Brittany Murphy's mother told paramedics her daughter suffered from diabetes (http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-simon-monjack-autopsy-death/). We're told it was type 2 diabetes and people involved in the case doubt her condition caused her death.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aKroq8Te (http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aKroq8Te)

I. Hustle
12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
I call Dakota Fanning next.

desflood
12-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Diabetes and any sort of drugs and/or eating disorders do not mix well.

PM5K
12-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I liked her in Don't Say A Word. She wasn't supposed to be hot at all but somehow she still kinda was... It's like you'd hit it but then you'd never tell anyone except during confessional and you'd have to say a lot of Hail Marys.

http://www.hkb.org.uk/collages/b/brittanymurphy/BrittanyMurphy_DontSayAWord_hkb1.jpg

BRHornet45
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM

she was born and from Georgia ... probably has a lot to do with her being more "down to earth" than most of the other Hollywood tools.

ashbeeigh
12-21-2009, 12:50 PM
I call Dakota Fanning next.

Doubt it. She's really grounded. She's going to public school, doing the third Twilight movie, the Joan Jett biopic, etc. She's a good kid.

Salad Tosser
12-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Miley will go down before Dakota Fanning....In more ways than one.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 10:55 PM
-a75f9ETtc4

ynh
12-22-2009, 01:52 AM
One of the main give aways of anerexia is bug eyes.. I'm pretty sure she had some eating disorder that led to this. Sucks though.. always had a thing for her.

Pero
12-22-2009, 07:38 AM
One of the main give aways of anerexia is bug eyes.. I'm pretty sure she had some eating disorder that led to this. Sucks though.. always had a thing for her.

What are bug eyes?

whottt
12-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Looking at how thin she was and the bags and dark circles around her eyes, the first thing I would guess would be meth.

However, meth addiction gives you an unmistakable empty hollow, almost demonic look in your eyes, and she doesn't have that. So I will say it's probably not meth or even coke.

Probably anorexia and some kind of combination of presciption stimulants and anti-depressants got her.

I. Hustle
12-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Doubt it. She's really grounded. She's going to public school, doing the third Twilight movie, the Joan Jett biopic, etc. She's a good kid.

You act like you know the kid. She is probably a chain smoking whore in real life with a great PR person.

Besides I never said she would die from an overdose. Things happen.

760Spursfan
12-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Not sure if this was asked here but what was the deal with the hubby not wanting them to do an autopsy?

SpursFanFirst
12-22-2009, 01:29 PM
A "devastated" Simon Monjack tells PEOPLE his wife Brittany Murphy did not overdose on drugs and did not suffer from an eating disorder.

"These rumors that she was anorexic? It's crazy – she was slim, but that was her natural physique," Monjack tells PEOPLE. "This is what's killing all of us? How did it happen? Her mum, myself and her family – we want to know why we lost our baby."

During a sometimes tear-filled interview, an exhausted Monjack, 39, who hasn't slept since his mother-in-law found his wife collapsed in the bathroom early Sunday, said all he knows is what doctors told him at the hospital: She died of cardiac arrest, but they won't know details until after an autopsy. (A coroner's spokesperson says the results could take up to six weeks, for toxicology reports to be final.)

"My initial reaction to the autopsy was – they're going to cut her open – I couldn't bear it," Monjack said, weeping. "That would break her mother, but we realized we needed to know. I look forward to getting the results."

He added that his wife of three years did suffer from a heart murmur (mitral valve prolapse), which can cause fatigue, dizziness and irregular heartbeats – but is generally not life threatening. Murphy didn't require medication to treat it, says Monjack. But on Saturday, he says, his wife was ill, resting in bed all day suffering from laryngitis, which the actress treated with herbal tea, ginger and lemon.

"She was on herbal remedies that wouldn't speed up her heart," Monjack says. "There was nothing here that could endanger her; there was prescription medication in the house for her female time and some cough syrup. That was it."

Asked point-blank if a drug overdose was a possible cause of death, Monjack replied, "I can get rid of that one right now," he says.

Her Last Night
Last Saturday, the couple just relaxed in bed, watching three movies as Murphy prepared to cast her vote as a member of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. They ordered Brittany's favorite takeout – Thai food – and ate soup prepared by Murphy's mother, Sharon, who has lived with them for 3½ years.

"She was tired and a little sad because she was sick," Monjack says about Brittany. "She wore her pink Beverly Hills Hotel robe and monkey pajamas. We saw It's Complicated, Public Enemy and The Princess and the Frog.

The couple were joined by Murphy's companion, a pet Maltese named Clara, a Christmas gift last year from Monjack that Murphy named after her favorite silent screen star, Clara Bow. "One of the saddest things is that Clara has looked everywhere for Brittany and can't find her," says Monjack.

Feeling 'Beyond Devastated'
Monjack, a photographer, first met Murphy on a photo shoot when she was 13 after she moved to Hollywood with her mother, Sharon. They began dating after being reintroduced at Murphy's 28th birthday party and married a year later.

"So many people have their views of us, but they never met us or sat down with us," he says. "I'm not perfect, but I don't think anyone is … I am feeling beyond devastated. I was in love with Brittany and Brittany with me."

The couple had plans for 2010: Brittany would continue to work, but she wanted to get pregnant. "She was an only child," says Monjack. "She wanted a baby. Her big dream next year was to have a child, and we talked about how he or she would look. She'd say, 'They'd better have your eyes and lips and my hair.' "

But Monjack did concede his wife was trying to get heavier. "She tried to gain weight but had one of those metabolisms – a high metabolism – but enjoyed food as much as anyone. I wish I could show all the receipts from the take out restaurants," he says.

RELATED: Brittany Murphy Battled Flu-Like Symptoms Before Death

Upset by Stories
"We are faced with this ridiculous reality that people out there believe she felt, 'Oh, poor me, I'm fat, I'm thin.' Brittany didn't see beauty as a physical thing, which I'm bloody lucky for," he said with a laugh. "I know there was a disparity in how we looked and I'm no movie star, but she always saw the person."

Monjack says he has been upset by some of the published reports. "It's horrible – the death of a beautiful young woman, a Hollywood icon; it has to be explained. It just can't be a tragic accident," he says, trying to explain the headlines. "We don't want to accept that a beautiful young wife and daughter woke up one morning and died a tragic death."

But he's most worried about his mother-in-law. "I don't know if she will ever recover, and I know when she reads all this nonsense about her son-in-law and her deceased daughter, her heart is breaking. She has lived with us and saw the love and support. I hope she stays – I can't imagine my life without Sharon – she's my link to Brittany."

Monjack says Brittany's family arrived in town Monday and that funeral plans are pending.

What a sad story.
It's good to read this from his perspective.
I knew nothing about him except for the comments in this thread.
Perhaps they were odd in some ways, but according to this article, they seemed like a normal couple.
I don't know. It's just an unfortunate situation.

SpursFanFirst
12-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Not sure if this was asked here but what was the deal with the hubby not wanting them to do an autopsy?

He explains it in the article below. He said he couldn't bear the thought of them cutting her open., which is understandable.
But then he went on to say that, now, he looks forward to the results.