PDA

View Full Version : Kobe doesn't want to be like Mike, he wants to be better

Mitch Kupchak
12-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Bryant is on the cusp of yet another chapter, one that could finalize his imprint on the game as 1(b) to Michael Jordan's 1(a)

Jackson said Bryant is "still as driven as he's ever been," but admitted noticing a historic context to that drive with Jordan's six rings now within sight.

As with everything else in Bryant's world these days, the body of work speaks for itself.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/12683250/kobe-doesnt-want-to-be-like-mike-he-wants-to-be-better

lefty
12-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Impossible

Culburn369
12-20-2009, 03:00 PM
It's there for Bryant, within sight now. By default if he rings twice more in succession he'll be entitled to legitimately argue the point, as we all will. We're just suckin' wind right now.

Goran Dragic
12-20-2009, 03:03 PM
It's there for Bryant, within sight now. By default if he rings twice more in succession he'll be entitled to legitimately argue the point, as we all will. We're just suckin' wind right now.

So by this logic Horry is better than Jordan, am I wrong you dumb child molester?

BRHornet45
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
LMAO Kobe isn't even in the same class as Jordan and never will be. Devin Brown could average as many points per game as Kobe if he was allowed to jack up 25 shots a game.

Ghazi
12-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Jordan > Kobe, but not by as much as some make it out to be.

Like the faggot above me

121-63 faggot.

mojorizen7
12-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Cue:

Jordan>>>>>>NOT Jordan Sig.

MiamiHeat
12-20-2009, 04:28 PM
tired out topic

boring, nobody gives a shit and nobody buys your bullshit.

moving on

dirk4mvp
12-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Hasn't Kobe already played more seasons than Jordan?

Allanon
12-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Kobe don't want no six rings, he wants 10.

Venti Quattro
12-20-2009, 04:38 PM
They'd equal seasons played next year

dirk4mvp
12-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Kobe's currently in his 14th, Jordan played 15 (2 with the Wizards). Even if Kobe wins this season and next, he still couldn't touch Jordan :lmao

MiamiHeat
12-20-2009, 04:39 PM

yes

Jordan played 13 seasons as a Chicago Bull, which cemented his GOAT status

Kobe is currently in his 14th season

dirk4mvp
12-20-2009, 04:40 PM
yes

Jordan played 13 seasons as a Chicago Bull, which cemented his GOAT status

Kobe is currently in his 14th season

You know Laker fans are going to hang onto those Wizard years.

lol Kobe having more seasons than Jordan and still not touching him.

anonoftheinternets
12-20-2009, 05:08 PM
ughh kobe is not even player of our generation ... same could not be said of jordan ..

21_Blessings
12-20-2009, 05:45 PM
As of this season:

Kobe's post game > Jordan's post game

Skill-wise? It's closer than most think. Throw out the nostalgia and media accolades for a second.

DJB
12-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Fat chance.

hitmanyr2k
12-20-2009, 06:39 PM
As of this season:

Kobe's post game > Jordan's post game

Skill-wise? It's closer than most think. Throw out the nostalgia and media accolades for a second.

Nonsense. Kobe has a publicized meeting with Olajuwon and now suddenly people are drinking the koolaid. Cmon lol. There's nothing Kobe is doing in the post now that Jordan hadn't done for years man.

And I'm not throwing out the accolades and all that because that's what separates the two players. Accolades show consistency at being the best. You can't throw out 5 MVPs and 6 Finals MVPs as if they mean nothing. That's what makes Jordan the measuring stick for SGs. It's nice to talk about skills and all that but it's how you maximize those skills and the results. Jordan maximized his skills with a great b-ball IQ and the results were 6 championships. Once he learned how to win the man took that knowledge and never stopped winning. Kobe went backwards. The more championships the Lakers won it seemed the dumber he became. Kobe was a gunner, not a leader.

And that's another thing. You have to look at quality WITH quantity. Meaning, yeah there's a possibility Kobe may end up 6 rings but in context to how he won those rings he still won't be able to touch Jordan's legend. Jordan won 6 championships as bonafide numero uno. He never won no damn championship putting up 21 ppg on 44% shooting (mixing good games with horrible ones) like Kobe. Mike never won a ring putting up crap numbers in the Finals. Kobe has though. Jordan's playoff numbers shit all over Kobe's in every single way possible. He has quality and quantity on his side. And also the fact that he never lost one battle on the big stage. Kobe has not only lost in the Finals he's done it in embarrassing fashion stringing together some of the most putrid games you'll ever see from a superstar not named Lebron James.

I know Laker fans don't want to hear that but those are just the facts man.

21_Blessings
12-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Nonsense. Kobe has a publicized meeting with Olajuwon and now suddenly people are drinking the koolaid. Cmon lol. There's nothing Kobe is doing in the post now that Jordan hadn't done for years man.

Proof you haven't really watched Kobe play this season.

MJ never had the left hand jump hook Kobe is abusing people with - Kobe's left in general is crazy good this season and almost as consistent as his right when he's near the hoop.

Jordan's post game was ridiculously good. But Kobe's is a more versatile and punishing version of MJ's with some Dream and Timmy mixed in to put it over the top.

vicphoenix13
12-20-2009, 06:54 PM
The major differences between Jordan and Kobe are that Jordan never lost in the Finals while Kobe has lost twice. Also, Jordan never had a hall of fame center to play with in his career.

hitmanyr2k
12-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Proof you haven't really watched Kobe play this season.

MJ never had the left hand jump hook Kobe is abusing people with - Kobe's left in general is crazy good this season and almost as consistent as his right when he's near the hoop.

Jordan's post game was ridiculously good. But Kobe's is a more versatile and punishing version of MJ's with some Dream and Timmy mixed in to put it over the top.

Bullshit :lol Kobe is just as likely to completely brick a left hand shot as he is to make one. Sometimes he doesn't even catch rim when he tries to go with the left hand. Don't overrate Kobe's post game based on a not-so-sure left hand shot. I'm talking footwork and post moves here. There was nothing Jordan couldn't do in the post.

F_U_Buddy
12-20-2009, 07:04 PM

And I'm not throwing out the accolades and all that because that's what separates the two players. Accolades show consistency at being the best. You can't throw out 5 MVPs and 6 Finals MVPs as if they mean nothing. That's what makes Jordan the measuring stick for SGs. It's nice to talk about skills and all that but it's how you maximize those skills and the results. Jordan maximized his skills with a great b-ball IQ and the results were 6 championships. Once he learned how to win the man took that knowledge and never stopped winning. Kobe went backwards. The more championships the Lakers won it seemed the dumber he became. Kobe was a gunner, not a leader.

And that's another thing. You have to look at quality WITH quantity. Meaning, yeah there's a possibility Kobe may end up 6 rings but in context to how he won those rings he still won't be able to touch Jordan's legend. Jordan won 6 championships as bonafide numero uno. He never won no damn championship putting up 21 ppg on 44% shooting (mixing good games with horrible ones) like Kobe. Mike never won a ring putting up crap numbers in the Finals. Kobe has though. Jordan's playoff numbers shit all over Kobe's in every single way possible. He has quality and quantity on his side. And also the fact that he never lost one battle on the big stage. Kobe has not only lost in the Finals he's done it in embarrassing fashion stringing together some of the most putrid games you'll ever see from a superstar not named Lebron James.

Your logic is emotionally flawed. When has Kobe put up crap numbers in the finals and won? It's never happened. Sure he's lost 2 finals but has more than enough time to make up for it. I know you're shitting bricks because he's about to surpass MJ in titles but records are meant to be broken. MVP's are selected by the media it has nothing to do with actual performance. Sure MJ was great but he was insanely beloved by the media (they accepted him gambling and cheating on his wife and all)..Kobe hated by the media because he's a legit threat to MJ's legacy so go figure...of course MJ would have more MVP's which is a MEDIA'S PICK AWARD SIMPLE AND PLAIN...NEVER did MJ have to play in the Shadow of perhaps the Biggest Name and Biggest FREAK OF NATURE that has ever stepped on an NBA court. Shaq Oneal. Say what you want but if MJ had played with a Shaq in his prime he'd be exactly in Kobe's situation. Those Lakers 3 peat teams were built around Shaq not Kobe but when it was time to actually win them Kobe was on the court leading them to victory with Shaq in foul trouble. Now that the Lakers are "truly building" around Kobe (and not incubating) for the past 2 years they've been to the finals...So judge Kobe if you must just rememeber that he's 31 with 4 rings and MJ won his last when he was 36...So if Kobe wins out to MJ's age that leaves him with 9 rings.

I see you protect "your" facts with blinders on to the real situation because if you'd opened your fucking eyes you would have saw that. Of course MJ will have better numbers than Kobe he never played with a domineering and jealous ball dominant center...MJ would have had the same issues with Shaq that Kobe did. I think Kobe's numbers with Shaq is more impressive than MJ because of the simple fact that he did it with Shaq on the team and he didn't let the NBA's (at the time) most dominant alpha male shape and decide his future. That's more impressive than what MJ did in my opinion.

Allanon
12-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Also, Jordan never had a hall of fame center to play with in his career.

Pippen wasn't a hall of fame Center but he was a Top 50 of All Time player and arguably one of the best defenders ever.

dirk4mvp
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Pippen wasn't a hall of fame Center but he was a Top 50 of All Time player and arguably one of the best defenders ever.

Which would you rather have?

F_U_Buddy
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM

Pippen was a head case (see Pistons title years) and did what he was told by MJ...Shaq and Kobe fought...Pippen isn't on the Level of MJ , Kobe , or Shaq...pretty Big Difference...

greatest 50 off all-time my ass...

Allanon
12-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Which would you rather have?

Pippen...not for skills but because of attitude...Kobe/Pippen never would have broken up the show.

Kobe/Pippen probably never could have 3-peated, but they would have gotten 5-6 championships over 10 years.

Shaq was superior in skills but never could get along with another superstar.

21_Blessings
12-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Shaq was superior in skills but never could get along with another superstar.

And he gained like a 100 pounds of pure donut fat.

hitmanyr2k
12-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Your logic is emotionally flawed. When has Kobe put up crap numbers in the finals and won? It's never happened. Sure he's lost 2 finals but has more than enough time to make up for it. I know you're shitting bricks because he's about to surpass MJ in titles but records are meant to be broken. MVP's are selected by the media it has nothing to do with actual performance. Sure MJ was great but he was insanely beloved by the media (they accepted him gambling and cheating on his wife and all)..Kobe hated by the media because he's a legit threat to MJ's legacy so go figure...of course MJ would have more MVP's which is a MEDIA'S PICK AWARD SIMPLE AND PLAIN...NEVER did MJ have to play in the Shadow of perhaps the Biggest Name and Biggest FREAK OF NATURE that has ever stepped on an NBA court. Shaq Oneal. Say what you want but if MJ had played with a Shaq in his prime he'd be exactly in Kobe's situation. Those Lakers 3 peat teams were built around Shaq not Kobe but when it was time to actually win them Kobe was on the court leading them to victory with Shaq in foul trouble. Now that the Lakers are "truly building" around Kobe (and not incubating) for the past 2 years they've been to the finals...So judge Kobe if you must just rememeber that he's 31 with 4 rings and MJ won his last when he was 36...So if Kobe wins out to MJ's age that leaves him with 9 rings.

I see you protect "your" facts with blinders on to the real situation because if you'd opened your fucking eyes you would have saw that. Of course MJ will have better numbers than Kobe he never played with a domineering and jealous ball dominant center...MJ would have had the same issues with Shaq that Kobe did. I think Kobe's numbers with Shaq is more impressive than MJ because of the simple fact that he did it with Shaq on the team and he didn't let the NBA's (at the time) most dominant alpha male shape and decide his future. That's more impressive than what MJ did in my opinion.

Oh boy, here we go. Blame the media. That's what your whole argument amounts to. Blame the media. Give me a fuckin break with this bullshit :lol

First of all you ask when has Kobe put up shit numbers in the Finals and won? Try the 2000 Finals. Dude had one good game that entire Finals. And even after that good game the next game he puts up 8 points on 4-20 shooting...eight freakin points. That entire playoff run Kobe mixed good games with horrible ones. He was inconsistent but it didn't matter in the end. He had a HOF center putting up 38ppg and 16 rebs and killing Indiana's frontline so it was all good.

Secondly, I don't feel sorry for Kobe because he had to play behind a HOF center and win titles at an early age which resulted in him being put on a pedestal above all the other SGs at the time :lol You act like Kobe is a damn victim or something. His early success is the ONLY reason you're talking about him in the same breathe as Jordan right now. Go ahead and blame Shaq and the "circumstances" :lol

And all I see from you are "what ifs" and conjecture. Jordan would have done this. Jordan would have done that. You don't have a crystal ball kid so give it up. Facts are facts. Mike won more, Mike did it better. End of story. Quantity and QUALITY are on Jordan's side. Choke on it.

KidCongo
12-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Whats up with Bean's 3 ball this year?

F_U_Buddy
12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh boy, here we go. Blame the media. That's what your whole argument amounts to. Blame the media. Give me a fuckin break with this bullshit :lol

First of all you ask when has Kobe put up shit numbers in the Finals and won? Try the 2000 Finals. Dude had one good game that entire Finals. And even after that good game the next game he puts up 8 points on 4-20 shooting...eight freakin points. That entire playoff run Kobe mixed good games with horrible ones. He was inconsistent but it didn't matter in the end. He had a HOF center putting up 38ppg and 16 rebs and killing Indiana's frontline so it was all good.

Secondly, I don't feel sorry for Kobe because he had to play behind a HOF center and win titles at an early age which resulted in him being put on a pedestal above all the other SGs at the time :lol You act like Kobe is a damn victim or something. His early success is the ONLY reason you're talking about him in the same breathe as Jordan right now. Go ahead and blame Shaq and the "circumstances" :lol

And all I see from you are "what ifs" and conjecture. Jordan would have done this. Jordan would have done that. You don't have a crystal ball kid so give it up. Facts are facts. Mike won more, Mike did it better. End of story. Quantity and QUALITY are on Jordan's side. Choke on it.

I'm not choking on shit...my arguments are valid if you want to compare a retired player with one that has another 7-8 years left be my guess...just bring your monkey ass back around here when my boy hangs is hat up...Jordan's legacy is coming down and Kobe will stick it to him...When it's all said and done Kobe will be the new logo of the league...and MJ a thing of the past...So shut the fuck up reminisce if you must and watch this muthafucker named Kobe Bryant.....

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:and counting BITCH

hitmanyr2k
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm not choking on shit...my arguments are valid if you want to compare a retired player with one that has another 7-8 years left be my guess...just bring your monkey ass back around here when my boy hangs is hat up...Jordan's legacy is coming down and Kobe will stick it to him...When it's all said and done Kobe will be the new logo of the league...and MJ a thing of the past...So shut the fuck up reminisce if you must and watch this muthafucker named Kobe Bryant.....

Dry your tears son. Your arguments are beyond lame. Keep looking in your dumbass crystal ball or calling the psychic hotline or whatever it is you do to come up with an argument and keep your fingers crossed :lol

djohn2oo8
12-20-2009, 07:40 PM

Slurp, Slurp, Slurp....U through yet?

F_U_Buddy
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Dry your tears son. Your arguments are beyond lame. Keep looking in your dumbass crystal ball or calling the psychic hotline or whatever it is you do to come up with an argument and keep your fingers crossed :lol

You do realize how fucking pathetic you look right...we're fucking winning titles right this very fucking moment I type :hatand your lame ass is riding a boat that has previously sailed...Memo: Magic was to us as is MJ is to CHI-town...Magic was our MJ memory...but we've made adjustments since then and now refocused on 2009-2010....but hell who am I am to take away your smiles keep those MJ years burning son it must be cold as hell in Chicago right now with that current squad Kobe just shat on...I'd be fucking holding on to that MJ candle my dam self. :toast

hitmanyr2k
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
You do realize how fucking pathetic you look right...[/B]

Sorry son but I'm not the one throwing a tantrum like your last post. You pretty much made yourself look like an emotional 7 year old who didn't get his way. Your "blame the media" arguments are just stupid. No matter how much you cry and try to deflect from it that's just the way it is.

12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
lol at this argument. kobe is not even the best or second best player of his generation. if you must start a team with any prime player of this generation who would it be? honestly, without the media hype, it would be:

1. tim duncan
2. shaq
3. then kobe bryant

if jordan was thrown into the mix, he would, without question, go above duncan and shaq.

i would also like to point out duncan is the only player in the modern era to win a championship as the lone all star. so it goes jordan > duncan > shaq > kobe.

jag
12-20-2009, 08:21 PM
The more times Laker fan says it, the closer it comes to being true.

Just keep saying it to everyone you know Laker fan...

"Kobe is getting closer and closer to being the GOAT!!!"

mojorizen7
12-20-2009, 09:14 PM

Rack 'em :toast

I still like to pull out the defense card when comparing these two great players. The trophies are slightly in MJ's favor but anyone who actually watched the games knows that it wasn't very close when comparing the attention these two players gave to playing defense. When it came to making big plays on "D", MJ was superior.............and then there's the rufusal to lose mentality.
MJ
1 time DPOY
9 time ALL-defensive 1st team
-------------------------------
Kobe
7 time All-defensive 1st team
2 time ALL-defensive 2nd team

MiamiHeat
12-21-2009, 02:47 AM
kobe was not deserving of the all-defense 1st team last year.

Allanon
12-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Kobe couldn't win without Shaq.
Check. 2009.

Kobe is a ballhog
Check. GM's voted Kobe #2 Leader in the NBA

Kobe isn't clutch
Check. Kobe's added 2 more game winners than MJ this year.

Kobe isn't as good defensively
Check. Kobe's got 7 1st Defensive First teams and counting.

MJ made the game popular.
Check. Kobe has made the game Global.

The excuses are running out while the rings & Finals MVPs will keep piling on.

Kobe has a realistic shot at 7-8 rings with a possible 10 rings.

MJ is still the GOAT but Kobe is only a couple more rings and awards from the conversation.

phyzik
12-21-2009, 03:44 AM
Kobe will NEVER reach Jordans level, nevermind surpass it.

this is coming from someone who absolutely HATES MJ.

When it comes to Basketball:

Kobe is a phenom

Jordan is a god

ther is no fucking debate here.

KidCongo
12-21-2009, 03:56 AM
MJ made the game popular.
Check. Kobe has made the game Global.

Kobe hasn't made the game global, just because his jersey is the most sold in China or something doesn't make him the reason it's global. Countries having their best players drafted and becoming stars in the NBA make it global.

Allanon
12-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Kobe hasn't made the game global, just because his jersey is the most sold in China or something doesn't make him the reason it's global. Countries having their best players drafted and becoming stars in the NBA make it global.

It's not just in China.

Asia in general is owned by Kobe.
Europe is owned by Kobe.

You can ask the euro posters who the biggest non-native NBA star is in their country.

All these kids growing up around the world playing basketball want to "Be like Kobe". When a kid in Kazikstan is wearing a Kobe jersey, you know he's had a huge impact. Kobe's the most recognizable sports figure in the entire world.

21_Blessings
12-21-2009, 05:53 AM
The original Dream Team made the game global.

Kobe is just expanding that exponentially, especially in China.

Rogue
12-21-2009, 06:19 AM
The original Dream Team made the game global.

Kobe is just expanding that exponentially, especially in China.
Kobe is only liked by pubertal girls in China and the only reason is he's probably one of the nicest looking players in NBA. Yao is, or sadly, was kind of a flag but there really hadn't be anyone in China who really liked him due to his bad looking and feminine body shape. I mean no one likes him as a person in China and the only reason he once was liked had nothing to do with what he was, but what he did. Too some degree he was beyond the entity of a human being in the viewpoints of most Chinese people, instead he was just like some landmark than represented this country like "great wall" etc...

It's quite common not only to China but any other foreign country that the "best player" always gets considered the whole Sport he plays in, since foreigners generally don't know so much about the American sports as you americans do. To a considerable amount of Chinese people, Jordan was the only NBA player they knew in 90s and the NBA games remained kind of a blank to us since Jordan left this game, until Yao entered NBA to get our interest revived, and gradually many chinese fans fell in love for this game. You americans may pretty well love the team located in your hometown or the closest to it. Chinese fans naturally used to take Houston Rockets as our team for the reason of Yao but we've turned hobos since Yao done. We need to continue our love for this game and Kobe is well regarded as the current best player in NBA, that's why naturally he's become kind of a fan favorite but anyway Kobe has never touched and won't ever get to the bar of love Yao used to live at.

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2009, 06:43 AM
There is literally no possible argument that favors Kobe over Jordan..you would have to reach to extreme depths to pull something out that would even put Kobe in the same sentence..his stats don't match, his individual accolades don't match, his winning doesn't match, and he doesn't pass the eye test..he has nothing going for him in this argument..

Kobe has ONE MVP award and ONE Finals MVP award..ONE..yes, one..he's barely beating me in both categories..

wireonfire
12-21-2009, 06:58 AM
The laker fans are dumbass homers.

Jordan >> Kobe, period.

Culburn369
12-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Ain't a "period" no more. Kobe is loitering the crypt where Jordan was laid to rest.

2 more rings in-a-row...then we're gonna have us a time.

Let us proceed...

ChrisRichards
12-21-2009, 10:07 AM
1. Playoff PPG All Time (http://www.nba.com/statistics/encyc/Player.jsp)

2. PPG All Time (http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_all_time_leaders/AllTimeLeadersPPGQuery.html?topic=4&stat=0)

Kobe will never be as good as MJ was.

Next off is the following:

Also, Kobe in the finals. This is how they performed in the finals.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/zillgitt/2004-06-15-zillgitt_x.htm

In 35 Finals games, Jordan averaged 33.6 points, 6.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists a game on 48% FG
In 30 Finals games, Bryant has averaged 24.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 5.3 assists a game on 41% FG

Also MJ has 5 finals in the top 15 all time with all 6 in the top 26 and Kobe has 0 finals performances in the top 50 and has a all time top 10 worst finals performance.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-2

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-Worst

MVP's - Jordan = 5; Kobe = 1
Titles - Jordan = 6 (as the #1 Option and best player); Kobe = 1 (as the best player on team) 3 (2nd best player on team)
Finals MVP's - Jordan = 6; Kobe = 1
DPOY - Jordan = 1; Kobe = 0
Scoring Titles - Jordan = 10; Kobe = 2
Career PPG - Jordan = 30.1 (Highest Ever); Kobe = 25.0
Playoffs PPG - Jordan = 33.4 (Highest Ever); Kobe = 25.0
Playoff Points - Jordan = 5987 - Most Ever Points (179 games); Kobe = 4381 (175 games)
FG% - Jordan - 50% Career; Kobe = 45% Career Thus Far
Playoff FG% - Jordan = 49% Career; Kobe = 45% Career Thus Far
PER (Offensive and Defensive Rating) - Jordan Career = 27.91 (highest ever); Kobe = 23.64
Playoff PER (Offensive and Defensive Rating) - Jordan Career = 28.59 (highest ever); Kobe = 22.04
Steals - Jordan = 2.4 SPG Career (with 3 Steals Titles); Kobe = 1.5 SPG
Blocks - Jordan = 0.8 BPG Career (most blocks ever for a guard); Kobe = 0.6

Here were the requirements
NBA ALL-TIME LEADERS:
(All statistical records + playoff records + career averages + playoff averages + MVPs + Finals MVPs + Rings + All-1st teams + All-1st Defensive Teams + All-star games + All-star MVPS)
This is how it broke down each category:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2003-02-06-dupree-team_x.htm

This is how it broke down each category:
NBA MVP awards won (five points each)
NBA championships won (five points each)
All-Star Games selected to play in (one point each)
All-NBA first-team selections (two points each)
All-defensive first team (one point each)
NBA Finals MVP awards (two points each)
All-Star MVP awards (one point each)
Individual statistical titles (two points each) — restricted to points, rebounds, assists, field goal percentage and free throw percentage, the stats the league has used the longest
Career averages (six points each) — if a player is the NBA career leader in scoring average, rebounds, assists, field goal percentage or free throw percentage
Career playoff averages (five points each) — for each category the player leads

That was the criteria used
1st Place: MJ, 149 total points
2nd Place: Wilt, 124 total points
3rd Place: Bill, 118 total points
4th Place: Jabbar, 114 total points
5th Place: Magic, 102 total points
Now adding up the current players you get (Active Players):
1st Place: Shaq, 87 total points
2nd Place: Tim, 74 total points
3rd Place: KB, 66 total points

To show the greatness of MJ he never has had a playoff series where he was outscored nor has he ever had a series where he averaged less than 26.6 ppg. Also MJ averaged over 31+ ppg in every playoffs after his rookie year (where he averaged 29.3 ppg in his rookie year)

Jordan's playoffs career average is: 33.4 PPG / 6.4 RPG / 5.7 APG / 2.1 SPG / 0.9 BPG / 49% FG / 28.59 PER

http://www.freewebs.com/bignall/simpsons_apu.jpg