PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Read Between the Lines

Blackjack
12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Read Between the Lines
by Graydon Gordian

Above is the play-by-play for the final ten seconds of last night’s game against the Indiana Pacers. Hidden inside this very standard and typically unhelpful form of score-keeping is a wealth of information about what has been going right and wrong for the Spurs this season.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/12/20/read-between-the-lines/#more-5549)

raspsa
12-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Its Pop's prerogative as Coach.. why do people who have zero contact with the game situation presume to know more than he?

draft87
12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Its Pop's prerogative as Coach.. why do people who have zero contact with the game situation presume to know more than he?

You know, I too feel that way, but not about this article.

So many 'pedestrian' Spurs fans act like they know what's best for the team and Pop should be fired, TP should be traded for anyone with a pulse and the Buford is an idiot for paying RJ more than minimum wage....and they are truly idiots...

but this article respects Pop's opinions. It says that the frustratingly inconsistent performances of everybody, all the way up to the Big 3, are not just the imagination of disgruntled fans. The coach feels the pain serious enough that he's publicly commented on it and has gone so far as to use lineups that up until now would have been completely insane.

Dex
12-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Hasn't this guy been reading SpursTalk?

Parker will be traded soon. :wakeup

alchemist
12-21-2009, 12:37 AM
If you watch the games you don't have to read between the lines. Tony and Turnobili haven't played great and there is very little confidence in both of them at this moment. Hopefully they rebuild that bridge sooner rather than later.

quentin_compson
12-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Good work by 48MoH as usual. :toast

MB20
12-21-2009, 09:33 AM
There´s no BIG 3 this year (so far).
It´s just TD, and role players. Nobody besides Tim is playing like a star.

Spursmania
12-21-2009, 09:34 AM
If you watch the games you don't have to read between the lines. Tony and Turnobili haven't played great and there is very little confidence in both of them at this moment. Hopefully they rebuild that bridge sooner rather than later.

Perhaps it should be Turny and Turnobili:lol

SpurNation
12-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Parker continues to get beat off the dribble when guarding his man. That's got to change. I can't imagine what the frustration level is like in both Pop and Parker regarding this current trend by one of the team's focal points to success.

Beating a sub-par team on the second night of their B2B in your own gym via a last second(s) shot was a W. But my fear is that something else is going on internally other than X's & O's execution that's creating some of these issues.

I pray I'm wrong. And if I'm not, I pray it gets resolved.

dbestpro
12-21-2009, 09:48 AM
What will fix the Spurs.

1. Tony passing the ball better.
2. Tony limiting his turn overs.
3. Tony playing better defense.
4. Tony shooting better.
5. Dice playing aggressively on the boards. (He should nearly be fouling out every game).
6. Pop stops the small ball.
7. Play Theo against driving teams or give Ian or Haislip some run.

The rest of the players including Manu seem to be settling into their game. Manu has always had turnovers because he has always played a high risk game. Tony on the other hand is the PG of the team and is the catalyst for what is good or bad for the team.
This is not hammer on Tony but more so to show how his play affects the team more than any other player.

spursncowboys
12-21-2009, 10:10 AM
What a great article. 48MOF brought me to ST so I got to respect them.
dbestpro: I agree that parker needs to pass better. It seems he either kicks it out or passes it when he gets stopped in the lane. Either way, nothing is created by it.