PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Quotes

namlook
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
"I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

MiamiHeat
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
lmao

damn, Jordan was the man. now THAT's a leader. those quotes are from when he was real young.

He will take no shit from anybody, and you better believe he will have your ass if you don't give your all.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
lmao

damn, Jordan was the man. now THAT's a leader.

He will take no shit from anybody, and you better believe he will have your ass if you don't give your all.

:tu these threads aren't so much damning as they are a display of how badass Jordan was. You don't see any "oh god my hands are shaking" and "here let me rat out my teammate to the cops" type of bitchass quotes here.

lefty
12-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Some of those quotes are cruel, but funny :lmao

lefty
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

Yeah right

MiamiHeat
12-21-2009, 10:31 PM
"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

LMAO!!!!!

MiamiHeat
12-21-2009, 10:33 PM
"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

-------------------------------
mskfnskfjnskfk

lmfao, i had never read that one

damn i miss MJ. he'd tear all these punks a new one.

make kobe his bitch

Medvedenko
12-21-2009, 10:44 PM
lmao

damn, Jordan was the man. now THAT's a leader. those quotes are from when he was real young.

You're a fucking retard. Just quit posting. You're an embarrassment to keyboards.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 10:52 PM
You're a fucking retard. Just quit posting. You're an embarrassment to keyboards.

Was that supposed to be a private note to yourself?

Medvedenko
12-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Was that supposed to be a private note to yourself?

Good one Mono, afte 15k posts still the same douche...not much has changed has it. Lakers still on top, Kobe being the man and you still posting as you always did. Too bad you don't make a difference and never will.
Enjoy your life.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Good one Mono, afte 15k posts still the same douche...not much has changed has it. Lakers still on top, Kobe being the man and you still posting as you always did. Too bad you don't make a difference and never will.
Enjoy your life.

:lmao

Greg Oden
12-21-2009, 11:09 PM
:rollin

BadOdor
12-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Jordan was a mean son of a bitch.

Thats what it takes to be the bitch.

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2009, 11:14 PM
They aren't really comparable..

One guy is yelling and embarrassing his teammates(which is obviously bad and annoying, MJ was obviously an asshole), while the other guy is doing the same + explaining his fetishes + trying to defend his rape + snitching on Shaq to the feds + crying in fear about how he can't let this go public..

Medvedenko
12-21-2009, 11:33 PM
They aren't really comparable..

One guy is yelling and embarrassing his teammates(which is obviously bad and annoying, MJ was obviously an asshole), while the other guy is doing the same + explaining his fetishes + trying to defend his rape + snitching on Shaq to the feds + crying in fear about how he can't let this go public..

Exactly, not comparable, one has to do with bball, the other not so much.

MiamiHeat
12-21-2009, 11:47 PM
MJ was awesome.

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

says it like it was. GOAT.

Baseline
12-22-2009, 02:55 AM
Say what you want about Jordan, but he took teams with less talent than the 2005 Lakers to championships. That's rings, people.

Meanwhile, when Shaquille was shipped out of town after leading the Lakers to three titles, the Bryant-led 2005 Lakers did not make the playoffs.

Let me repeat that....the Bryant-led Lakers did not make the playoffs.

Chieflion
12-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Say what you want about Jordan, but he took teams with less talent than the 2005 Lakers to championships. That's rings, people.

Meanwhile, when Shaquille was shipped out of town after leading the Lakers to three titles, the Bryant-led 2005 Lakers did not make the playoffs.

Let me repeat that....the Bryant-led Lakers did not make the playoffs.
LOL 2005 Lakers more talent than 90s Bulls.

namlook
12-22-2009, 03:56 AM

The 2005 Lakers had more talent that the Bulls of the 90s? Bwhahahaha! You are delusional.

Mavs_man_41
12-22-2009, 04:14 AM
why does everyone think those players on the bulls were so good just because the teams won championships? luc longley isn't even an nba player, kerr is just a spot up shooter who could do nothing else, jordan was so good he masked the weak points of his teammates and they could just feed off him and look better than they really were. without jordan, pippen could lead them to the 2nd round in a relatively weak year of basketball. with jordan, they were a team that won 6 straight rings and would have been 8 if he never left. 8 peat > 2nd round exit, and thats the impact jordan had

Mavs_man_41
12-22-2009, 04:17 AM
and let me add that pippen was a damn good player to lead that pile of shit to the 2nd round, he's also very underrated

Chieflion
12-22-2009, 04:20 AM
why does everyone think those players on the bulls were so good just because the teams won championships? luc longley isn't even an nba player, kerr is just a spot up shooter who could do nothing else, jordan was so good he masked the weak points of his teammates and they could just feed off him and look better than they really were. without jordan, pippen could lead them to the 2nd round in a relatively weak year of basketball. with jordan, they were a team that won 6 straight rings and would have been 8 if he never left. 8 peat > 2nd round exit, and thats the impact jordan had
The 2005 Lakers had a weaker supporting cast. That cannot be disputed. Jordan had Pippen, Grant, Armstrong, Paxson, Cartwright from 1991-1993 and Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper in 1996-1998. Definitely better than 2005 Lakers.

namlook
12-22-2009, 04:25 AM
why does everyone think those players on the bulls were so good just because the teams won championships?

The Bulls won 55 games when Jordan retired the first time. They advanced to game 7 of the East semi-finals and a bad call basically cost them that deciding game. They were inches away from from being in the Eastern Conference Finals without Jordan.

Pippen was considered by many to be the best player in basketball that year - 22 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 5.6 APG, 2.9 SPG. LOL at people who say Jordan made Pippen look good. Pippen was a monster without Jordan when he was in his prime and Pippen is also probably the best perimeter defender in NBA history.

Mavs_man_41
12-22-2009, 04:27 AM
The Bulls won 55 games when Jordan retired the first time. They advanced to game 7 of the East semi-finals and a bad call basically cost them that deciding game. They were inches away from from being in the Eastern Conference Finals without Jordan.

Pippen was considered by many to be the best player in basketball that year - 22 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 5.6 APG, 2.9 SPG. LOL at people who say Jordan made Pippen look good. Pippen was a monster without Jordan when he was in his prime and Pippen is also probably the best perimeter defender in NBA history.

pippen was good, but the bulls without jordan went from an 8 PEAT, 8 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW, caliber team to a 2nd round exit team

namlook
12-22-2009, 04:29 AM
pippen was good, but the bulls without jordan went from an 8 PEAT, 8 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW, caliber team to a 2nd round exit team

The point is Jordan had a great supporting cast. Much better than what Kobe had in 2005. This was in response to someone who foolishly said Jordan had less talent on the Bulls than what Kobe had in 2005.

Mavs_man_41
12-22-2009, 04:31 AM
The 2005 Lakers had a weaker supporting cast. That cannot be disputed. Jordan had Pippen, Grant, Armstrong, Paxson, Cartwright from 1991-1993 and Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper in 1996-1998. Definitely better than 2005 Lakers.

like i said, you're simply overrating most of the guys your listing like they're some kind of big name players just because they played with jordan. as far as the only 2 decent players on your list go, rodman and grant, jordan had already 3peated once before rodman's arrival, and would have had 5 straight if he never left for baseball. and grant was only with them for the first 3peat, and was the only other decent player outside of jordan/pippen. jordans cast was weak any way you spin it.

Mavs_man_41
12-22-2009, 04:32 AM
The point is Jordan had a great supporting cast. Much better than what Kobe had in 2005. This was in response to someone who foolishly said Jordan had less talent on the Bulls than what Kobe had in 2005.

it was probably somewhere in the same ballpark

Chieflion
12-22-2009, 04:35 AM
like i said, you're simply overrating most of the guys your listing like they're some kind of big name players just because they played with jordan. as far as the only 2 decent players on your list go, rodman and grant, jordan had already 3peated once before rodman's arrival, and would have had 5 straight if he never left for baseball. and grant was only with them for the first 3peat, and was the only other decent player outside of jordan/pippen. jordans cast was weak any way you spin it.
Not as weak as Lamar Odom who cannot even last a season, Caron Butler who has not become a star. That is all Kobe got. In a weakened era full of shit, Jordan's supporting cast was considered strong. Put them in this era, they would suck donkey shit.

namlook
12-22-2009, 04:37 AM
it was probably somewhere in the same ballpark

Nonsense. You are making no sense now. It's not even close.

Mavs_man_41
12-22-2009, 04:44 AM
Not as weak as Lamar Odom who cannot even last a season, Caron Butler who has not become a star. That is all Kobe got. In a weakened era full of shit, Jordan's supporting cast was considered strong. Put them in this era, they would suck donkey shit.

odom is a talented 15 and 10 guy in this so called stronger era of basketball as you put it. caron butler put up 16 and 5. mihm and parker even put up decent numbers a couple of those years. you can't try to spin it as jordan had this badass supporting cast and kobe had shit. one of jordan's best role players was a guy who could only do one thing, stand and shoot. his skills in every other aspect of basketball were sub nba level.

namlook
12-22-2009, 05:57 AM
Odom and Kobe also had injury issues in 2005 and missed 34 games.

The Bulls supporting cast was vastly superior to what the Lakers had around Kobe in 2005. Pippen was a first team all NBA player and 1st team all defense. Just Pippen alone craps all over what Kobe had. Then add Rodman / Horace Grant who were all-star caliber and were multiple all-defensive team members, Rodman being perhaps the greatest rebounder in NBA history and one of the best defenders in NBA history. That gave Jordan two of the greatest defenders in NBA history on his team, the greatest rebounder, a top 50 player, Kukoc who was basically equivalent to Odom, Ron Harper., Kerr/Paxson - two deadly shooters - great role players - the Lakers had no one that could shoot like them, etc etc..it's not even close. It's not even open for serious discussion or debate. It's simply a no brainer.

Chris Mihm and Smush Parker?!! Are you freaking kidding me? Those guys are out of basketball. WTF?