PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Clippers Game)

duncan228
12-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Post Game Quotes (Clippers Game) (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/091221.html)

Coach Gregg Popovich

On changing up the starting lineup - “We wanted to change it. With Matty (Bonner) gone we wanted to get a little more shooting and spread the offense off the bench. With him and Manu off the bench, it worked well. It gave DeJuan a chance to play with the starters and be in a good situation.”

On DeJuan Blair’s defense of Chris Kaman - “He’s learning with guys that big, he has to do work to get them off their spot and stay between them and the basket. He has to use his size and body to keep them off the sweet spot so to speak.”

On the play of Tony Parker - “He looked fresher and more aggressive. He was more communicative tonight. He did a good job of running the show. For us, Tony has to be at the top of his game. It’s always been that way and always will be.”

Theo Ratliff

On his low post moves tonight - I had a little bit back in the day. I have just been watching Tim doing his little running hooks and getting his mid range game together. You are never too old to learn.”

On the bench stepping up in absence of Matt Bonner and Michael Finley - “You look at the guys on the bench – I mean, look at me, I haven’t been playing and this is my 15th year. I’ve been a starter; I’ve been an All-Star and all of those things. I’ve learned from the older guys that have been around me like Otis Thorpe – they have always stayed ready no matter. I just try to stay ready and help the young guys like DeJuan and help him continue to grow his game and understand what is going on the floor. And when I get the opportunity, I always keep myself ready. I know when that opportunity comes you have to ready when you get minutes. I’m here and I’m ready.”

On DeJuan Blair - “He is a force. He is short for his position but he is so stout. Those guys like that always gave me problems because they can get in big guys legs, keep you away from the basket and bother you when you jump up to shoot. He is a force down there and has an incredible nose for the ball. He is a consummate rookie.”

DeJuan Blair

On getting the start and foul trouble - “I felt good. I felt real good. And then the three fouls must made me feel dumb. I have learned from it and the coaches said just play your game and to move my feet. I didn’t even look at Pop after my fouls and just ran down the court. I am getting more comfortable, playing hard and doing all of the little stuff. Everything is going to be a lot work.”

On the Spurs team - “We all as a team are getting more comfortable and everyone is just playing. We keep getting more comfortable and used to each other we are going to be a pretty good team. We aren’t there yet but we just have to keep fighting and keep doing what we do. I’m feeling good and getting comfortable.”

Mike Dunleavy

On the second half - “I thought we started the third quarter out okay, but then we had a couple plays that went against us. There was that fast break by Eric Gordon where we thought he got fouled by Duncan. It kinda put him off-kilter there for a couple shots. Their bigs control the paint for them and they make shots from the outside. Between Parker pick-and-rolls and dribble penetration by Ginobili, it puts a lot of pressure on your defense. I don’t think we did as good a job in the second half.”

On the matchup issues in the paint - “From Marcus’s standpoint there was a lot of effort. In the first half there was a small lineup on the floor, so he didn’t play as many minutes as he normally plays. DJ came in but unfortunately he didn’t give us what we needed to get. You just gotta keep working and get better.”

On his postgame speech to the team - “Same thing. These games on the road are tough games and you gotta play for 48 minutes against this team and the team we play tomorrow night. In the first quarter we made some changes going to the bench and then we’re down 14. In some of these games where it’s tighter competition, our starters are going to have to play bigger minutes.”

On turnovers - “They’re a good defensive team…very solid…a lot of veterans…good athletes. They’ll make you pay the price if you turn the ball over.”

Baron Davis

On their performance in the third quarter - “I think they got to the line while we didn‘t and when they were aggressive we settled for jumpers and turned the ball over and on the road you just can‘t do that.”

On how this game compares with their match up against Utah - “Yeah, this is a good team. They‘re an experienced team, a smart basketball team and they schooled us. Utah taught us a lesson on how to play team ball, team defense, and that‘s why they were able to beat us.”

On Ginobili and Mason coming off the bench for the Spurs - “Man that was tough. We were doing a good job by staying close and staying in the game but that bench came in and really made an impact. We have to find ways when we make our runs to sustain it and keep chipping at it until the end. That‘s the most important thing when you‘re on the road and that‘s to just stay close.”

Chris Kaman

On the overall game - “We came out ok, it was a back and forth game, just late in the first we just slipped a little bit while in the second quarter we came back and played a little better. Third quarter we played ok but fourth quarter we couldn‘t finish as that has been the sum of our season so far. We‘ve had some games that we‘ve played well and today wasn‘t one of them. The Spurs are a good team, they have great veterans who know how to play the game and they do a great job. They have great bench players as well and unfortunately we just didn‘t have it in us tonight.”

On their performance in the third quarter - “Yeah I thought we came out and played solid right away as we had some good runs and stops. A part of basketball is about ups and downs, mistakes and who does it more or less, as we just didn’t do enough things right to win the game. When you get close like that it’s very frustrating to let them keep coming back at you. Like I said they’re a great basketball club and Popovich does a great job as his guys know how to play the game. ”

Bukefal
12-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Blair starting and Tony is back!!! Welcome back Tony :)

Manu-of-steel
12-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Hopefully, this good game is a sign of things to come for the spurs. The coming game against the blazers would be a good test for us. Bogans against roy, duncan on aldridge, Mcdyess/Blair against pryzbilla.