PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili and Blair

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
I really enjoy the way they play together, I'm sure most of y'all have noticed the connection they've had recently.

Muser
12-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Ginobili is one of the best teammates you could have.

TJastal
12-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Ginobili is one of the best teammates you could have.

This. But it's also because of Blair's physical attributes. His huge girth opens up passing lanes the size of highways and then he has those long arms to corral just about any pass.

Even Mason, Bogans, & Jefferson are starting to zero in on this advantage and looking for him. Hopefully Parker will too eventually.

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2009, 05:58 AM
This. But it's also because of Blair's physical attributes. His huge girth opens up passing lanes the size of highways and then he has those long arms to corral just about any pass.

Even Mason, Bogans, & Jefferson are starting to zero in on this advantage and looking for him. Hopefully Parker will too eventually.

Indeed. Don't forget DB's great hands.

Manu-of-steel
12-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Indeed. Don't forget DB's great hands.

True. Blair's got great hands. Just throw the ball on his direction, he's gonna get it. As of now, being in foul trouble early is a problem for Blair, but he is improving with regards to avoiding unnecessary fouls.

silverblackfan
12-22-2009, 07:56 AM
That wide body and great hands are awesome! He catches the pass as good as Tim, and that is saying something. Its been a while since we had a big who can pull in any pass. The assists are going to continue to go up for those passes. "Feeding the Beast"
Not to get off topic, but Mason has been doing a pretty darn good job of throwing assists to quite a few people, Bogans, Dice and Blair. He really has improved his handles and defense this year.

greyforest
12-22-2009, 08:05 AM
He catches the pass as good as Tim,

im a huge fan of blair, but no. tim is physically capable of catching higher passes and palming the ball better.

Old School 44
12-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I really enjoy the way they play together, I'm sure most of y'all have noticed the connection they've had recently.

Yes...I noticed the same thing. That's why I like it when they are on the floor together. I'd also like to see a majority of RJs time playing with that combo too. I think Manu is the best at finding guys cutting to the basket like RJ and quick entries to the post with Blair. Sure Manu takes some chances, sometimes resulting in turnovers, but it lets teammates know...I'm looking for you, be ready.

DAF86
12-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Ginobili has always had the hability of making the bigmen around him better: Oberto, Mohamed, the little time he played with Gooden now Blair. Sorry to bring this up but it makes me think about the good pairing he could have made with Scola :depressed and :deadhorse

Ryvin1
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Given more time I think the pair can turn in some monster plays!

hater
12-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Blair is Manu's favorite teamate. Isn't it obvious??

quentin_compson
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Their chemistry on the court is obviously great already. :toast

LOL@MavsFan
12-22-2009, 11:18 AM
That wide body and great hands are awesome! He catches the pass as good as Tim, and that is saying something. Its been a while since we had a big who can pull in any pass. The assists are going to continue to go up for those passes. "Feeding the Beast"
Not to get off topic, but Mason has been doing a pretty darn good job of throwing assists to quite a few people, Bogans, Dice and Blair. He really has improved his handles and defense this year.

I've been impressed as well:toast

LOL@MavsFan
12-22-2009, 11:21 AM
im a huge fan of blair, but no. tim is physically capable of catching higher passes and palming the ball better.

Really someone that is 7 ft can catch higher passes than a 6 ft 6 guy with long arms and has bigger hands? I REFUSE to believe that.:downspin:

beachwood
12-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Blair is like Malik Rose without the butter fingers.

LOL@MavsFan
12-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Blair is like Malik Rose without the butter fingers.
And skills

SpurNation
12-22-2009, 01:49 PM
A healthy Ginobili/(insert name) combination is going to be as important as the Parker/Duncan duo.

angelbelow
12-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I love watching them play too. Very exciting basketball when those two are rolling.

wildbill2u
12-22-2009, 04:48 PM

I totally agree having noticed their play together myself. I think it is due to the fact that Ginobilli finally has someone with great hands and reflexes who can catch his difficult and tricky passes.

Baseline
12-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Blair understands angles. His game is built on angles and leverage.

Manu is the original angler. Hence, the match made in heaven. Not quite as romantic as Pop and Finley, but still, it's lukewarm and rising.

senorglory
12-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Hustle is their bond.

Blair is the new Oberto.

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Blair understands angles. His game is built on angles and leverage.

Manu is the original angler. Hence, the match made in heaven. Not quite as romantic as Pop and Finley, but still, it's lukewarm and rising.

:lol

it's me
12-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Manu should be traded ASAP. dude can't play two decent games in a row......people put your sentiments aside.... dude is completely useless lately.

itzsoweezee
12-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes...I noticed the same thing. That's why I like it when they are on the floor together. I'd also like to see a majority of RJs time playing with that combo too. I think Manu is the best at finding guys cutting to the basket like RJ and quick entries to the post with Blair.

this is exactly what i've been saying.

spurs10
12-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Manu should be traded ASAP. dude can't play two decent games in a row......people put your sentiments aside.... dude is completely useless lately.
Manu was +26 in his +/- box scores last night....when he's not scoring he's do everything else to make the team better....assists, steals, blocks, screens, you name it. It's got nothing to do with sentiments, he's one of the best.

OldSilentHill
12-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Manu was +26 in his +/- box scores last night....when he's not scoring he's do everything else to make the team better....assists, steals, blocks, screens, you name it. It's got nothing to do with sentiments, he's one of the best.

Enough said.

"it's me", you should just put your ignorance in basketball aside, dont you think? :wakeup

silverblackfan
12-23-2009, 10:38 AM

Agreed. Manu does not take a night off just because his shots are not falling. I cringe sometimes at his wild passes, but more often, I jump off my chair saying, "Did you see that pass?". Manu = intangibles.

it's me
12-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Enough said.

"it's me", you should just put your ignorance in basketball aside, dont you think? :wakeup

LOL u r simply blind

TIMMYD!
12-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Blair must've learned some Spanish.

Manufan909
12-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Really someone that is 7 ft can catch higher passes than a 6 ft 6 guy with long arms and has bigger hands? I REFUSE to believe that.:downspin:

Not to mention a decade+ veteran who is one of the top 5 bigmen of all time, not to mention he probably has 2 double-double seasons in him after this. Greyforest is letting his homerism show.:lol