PDA

View Full Version : Yankees near trade for Vazquez

Mel_13
12-22-2009, 10:34 AM
By Jon Heyman, SI.com

The Yankees have reached an agreement to acquire Javier Vazquez in a five-player deal with the Braves, SI.com has learned. The final details will be worked out.

The deal would send Vazquez and Boone Logan to the Yankees for Melky Cabrera, Mike Dunn and a prospect to Atlanta.

Joe Sherman of the New York Post first reported the Yankees were focused on Vazquez. Sherman reports the prospect involved is Arodys Vizcaino, a highly regarded right-handed pitcher.

The 33-year-old right-hander bolsters the rotation of the Yankees, who won the World Series with only three starters throughout the postseason. Vazquez played one season with the Yankees in 2004, when he made his lone All-Star appearance.

The 11-year veteran went 15-10 with a 2.87 ERA and 238 strikeouts in 2009, finishing fourth in the NL Cy Young voting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/12/22/vazquez/index.html

JamStone
12-22-2009, 10:59 AM
CC Sabathia
AJ Burnett
Andy Pettitte
Javier Vazquez
Joba Chamberlain
Chien-Ming Wang

So Wang's out? Is his career over? Or does Joba go to the pen?

Mel_13
12-22-2009, 11:42 AM
CC Sabathia
AJ Burnett
Andy Pettitte
Javier Vazquez
Joba Chamberlain
Chien-Ming Wang

Wang was arbitration eligible and the Yankees declined to make the necessary to retain his rights. He is a FA that has reportedly drawn interest from at least 10 teams.

dammitmeeks
12-24-2009, 12:17 AM
CC Sabathia
AJ Burnett
Andy Pettitte
Javier Vazquez
Joba Chamberlain
Chien-Ming Wang

CC
AJ
Vazquez
Pettitte
Phil Hughes

w/ Joba going back to set-up work. Wang's out and i'm sure he will catch on with another squad.

atlfan25
01-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Fuck Wang. I was pretty pissed about the Braves trading their best pitcher last year(arguably) for Melky 'suck my cock' Cabrera and decent prospects. Especially since the Braves want Cox to go out with another ring.

If Glaus can play 125+ games including postseason it might be worth it.