PDA

View Full Version : How did you do with your FF team?

760Spursfan
12-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I know a lot of people here don't like Fantasy Football but I wanted to see how your team did/is doing this year?

I started off slow with a 2-5 record and went on a 7 game winning streak to end the regular season at 9-5 and second place into the playoffs. Top 4 team are in and I just won the first playoff game and I am SB bound with a prize of 650 to winner and 350 to second place. :ihit

samikeyp
12-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Went out in the first round in all three leagues by a total of 10 points. :(

Worst one was the league where I started 0-3, reeled off 9 in a row, lost the last game and lost the playoff game by 6. :depressed

:lol

760Spursfan
12-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Went out in the first round in all three leagues by a total of 10 points. :(

Worst one was the league where I started 0-3, reeled off 9 in a row, lost the last game and lost the playoff game by 6. :depressed

That sucks especially when you win 9 straight.

I missed the playoffs last year by .1 pts. my stupid kicker who played for Tampa missed an extra pt after I had come back from 45pts down:bang

samikeyp
12-22-2009, 05:25 PM
That sucks especially when you win 9 straight.

I missed the playoffs last year by .1 pts. my stupid kicker who played for Tampa missed an extra pt after I had come back from 45pts down:bang

I've been there. Lost a playoff game by one point one year when Testaverde was still with the Jets, the replay showed he got in, it was overturned and they settled for a FG. This weekend, I didn't pay attention and change Shockey at the last minute against Dallas.

Blake
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm alread out in my 3 minor leagues, but in the Super Bowl in my big money league. (thank you Harrison).

$1000 for 1st place, 500 for second.........was thinking about asking the other dude if he wants to split the pot and call it a day.

Thunder Dan
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I lost in the semi's last night by 3 points.....he had Ahmad Bradshaw

Calvin Johnson killed me this year, Chris Johnson was my whole team

760Spursfan
12-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I lost in the semi's last night by 3 points.....he had Ahmad Bradshaw

Calvin Johnson killed me this year, Chris Johnson was my whole team

It sucks when you lose close games, I would rather get killed by 50pts!

Tell me about it Calvin sucked it for me but I ended up picking up Derrick Mason off the wire on the third week and he did well for me. I also had Chris Johnson(what a beast) who probably won 3 games by himself for me.

Texas Chili Dog
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
I was in 9 leagues. Let's see if I can remember all of them...

in my CBS league I finished 5th out of 12 teams and missed the playoffs because only 4 make it. I had a better record than one of the teams but they won their division so I got screwed.

in my ESPN league, we had 14 teams. The top 8 made the playoffs and I lost in the semis this week.

I have 7 yahoo leagues. I was in two 16 team leagues. I missed the playoffs in one, and lost in the first round in the other. Then there were two more 12 team leagues. In both, only the top 4 make the playoffs. In one, I again finished 5th because of lower points scored and missed out. In the other, I finished 4th and won the first playoff game, so I'm in that championship. Then there is my 10 team league where I lost in the first round. Another 10 team league (my most important one because it is a pay league with friends)...the top 6 make the playoffs, I finished 2nd and had a bye. Then I won this week to advance to the championship. My last one is a small 4 team league with my closest friends. We just wanted to have one league with the minimum amount of teams so we can all duke it out with completely stacked lineups. It's so difficult because you have some terrific players on your bench. We all obviously made the "playoffs" and I won in the first round so I'm in the championship.

So to sum it all up, in my 9 leagues, I missed the playoffs in 3, lost in the first round in 2, lost in the 2nd round (semis) in 1, and made the championship in 3.

katyon6th
12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I only played in one league this year - $100 buy in, 12 teams. I finished 5th with a record of 8-5 and I'm playing for the championship this week.

My starting lineup:
Alex Smith
Brandon Marshall
Anquan Boldin
DeSean Jackson
Matt Forte
Ray Rice
Fred Davis
Sidney Rice
Laurence Maroney
Lawrence Tynes
Baltimore
Jon Beason
Brian Dawkins
Josh Wilson
John Abraham
Jason Taylor

Their starting lineup:
Drew Brees
Randy Moss
James Jones
Deion Branch
Maurice Morris
Chris Jennings
Tony Gonzalez
Joshua Cribbs
Joseph Addai
Rob Bironas
New York Jets
Patrick Willis
Adrian Wilson
Roman Harper
Julius Peppers
Justin Tuck

Spursfan092120
12-22-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm in my league's SB this week. Peyton's my QB...not sure if he's playing though, so I have to keep up with it. Carson Palmer's my backup.

mojorizen7
12-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Drafted 3 teams this year.
I'm at 10-4 with two of 'em,first seeds,both teams won the semis....going for the double championship :toast

:hat
10 teams

Intent to Ground

Aaron Rodgers

Steven Jackson
Lawrence Maroney
Knowshon Moreno

DeSean Jackson
Percy Harvin
Michael Crabtree
Hakeem Nicks

Fred Davis
Greg Olson

Nate Kaeding

Philadelphia

Spanish Castle Magic

Aaron Rodgers

Beanie Wells
Lawrence Maroney
Jonathan Stewart

Larry Fitzgerald
DeSean Jackson
Donald Driver
Michael Crabtree

Vernon Davis
Tony Gonzales

Lawrence Tynes

San Diego

Drachen
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM
went from 0-3 and last place to 10-4, 2nd place. Played the same guy in my last game (blowout of the week) and the first round of the playoffs. I was up by 105 pts at one point, then ben rothlisberger started playing for him. Right before the sunday night game I was up 16 pts with him having Steve Smith and me having DeAngelo Williams. I'm sure yall know I lost. The worst part about all of this, I had harrison on my bench. Also I had hines ward on my bench, and if I had played him instead of welker, I would have won. I mean look at this lineup

Matt Schaub
Andre Johnson
Wes Welker
Thomas Jones
DeAngelo Williams
Dallas Clark
Josh Cribbs
David Akers
Philly Defense

Jerome Harrison
Hines Ward
Jacoby Jones
Josh Freeman
Bo Scaife
Hou Defense

This was a 14 team league. In a 14 team league that is a championship team! WTF.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Last year I played in a 16 team league where we played doubleheaders every week and absolutely dominated during the regular season. Had Brees, Barber, T. Jones, R. White, Housh and Witten and at one point reeled off 20 consecutive wins, finishing the season 24-4.

Led the league in scoring by over 300 points and yet I was drilled in the semis.

Considering the format, it was the best team I had ever drafted.

You have to be lucky.

IronMexican
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
fuck ff

Dr Cox
12-23-2009, 06:12 PM
in championship this weekend...

760Spursfan
12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
I lost the SB. I scored 72pts and my opp. has 91 with Percy Harvin playing tonight. I guess 2nd is not to bad for starting the season as slow as I did. Good luck to everyone who made the SB.

Oneton
12-28-2009, 05:34 PM
I am 8 points away from ending up in 4th place. If the Chicago defense can keep Adrian Peterson under 8 I will end up in 3rd. lol fat chance.

My teams name is Deez What.

I have Brady and Favre as my QB's.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
got to the SB in the ESPN league and lost because Manning was sat early.

not bad for an aussie who used autopick and really doesn't follow any NFL outside of the broncos :lol

The Gemini Method
12-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Couldn't get anything going this year with my FF team...

I had too many weeks wasted with Drew Brees as my QB...I blame this on my receiving corps that was: Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Santana Moss, and Jeremy Shockey. They let me down for the most part this season...

However, I went w-l all 14 games and ended up 7-7 and made the playoffs on a 2-game winning streak. I lead my first round opponent by 40 pts at one point only to see him slowly chip away and beat me by 5 pts. Suffice to say, my streak of 3 years winning the FF challenge came to a screetching halt.

In my other league, Adrian Peterson killed me...I knew I should've went with Brees as my 1st pick...

katyon6th
12-28-2009, 07:17 PM
High scoring PPR league and I'm down 44.753985739587 with Forte and Sidney Rice playing tonight. Fuck me, I'm done. 2nd place...again. I hate FFB.

12-28-2009, 08:30 PM
That's a lot of decimal points.

katyon6th
12-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Two trophies, huh?

katyon6th
12-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Hottt.

Drachen
12-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Retarded the 7th and 8th seed are in the Superbowl. What a crap!

JoeTait75
12-28-2009, 11:03 PM
5-9 after a 1-6 start. I was doomed by an awful RB core and the refusal of Santonio Holmes to get into the end zone until my season was practically over.

12-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Barring a miraculous turn of events, I just won and lost the championship on the same play.

My luck had to run out some time.

Congrats, LJ.

Texas Chili Dog
12-29-2009, 01:32 AM
So to sum it all up, in my 9 leagues, I missed the playoffs in 3, lost in the first round in 2, lost in the 2nd round (semis) in 1, and made the championship in 3.

I won the championship in 2 of the 3. The one I lost was the least important, so I'm ok with that. I won one of them by less than a point, and I won the other by about 30. That one was my pay league, so I won $140! :clap

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Blew it in the main league.... benched Greg Jennings last minute against Pitt for Kenny Britt against Miami last week.... ended up being a $400 dollar mistake :(

mojorizen7
12-29-2009, 04:59 AM
I won the championship with one team(took a gamble by starting Jonathan Stewart over Lawrence Maroney....YEAH BOY!)
.....second place with my other squad and fifth place with my third team.

Kori Ellis
12-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Barring a miraculous turn of events, I just won and lost the championship on the same play.

My luck had to run out some time.

Congrats, LJ.

I can imagine your reaction to that play. I know however you were acting, that was LJ in reverse :)

Sorry that you had to lose, but at least it was to my husband

I think LJ cashed about $1700 total on fantasy football. :greedy

LOL texans
12-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Lost championship round because of Adrian Peterson last night

12-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I can imagine your reaction to that play. I know however you were acting, that was LJ in reverse :)

At least I made him sweat.

There might have been few choice words aimed at AD and the Vikings.

Really, considering the situation, I'm sure it was a mutual, "Are you fucking kidding me?" moment.