PDA

View Full Version : This one falls on Popovich(sorry, guys.)

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:01 PM
To be honest, the Nuggets looked like they wanted it more. I was concerned with this. All season long, the Spurs just didn't look like they had alot of fire in themselves.

I do not buy the fact that Duncan was "injured". 18pts/11rbs/2blocks...na. Sorry, but I can't say Duncan's injury was the reason why we lost.

We lost because of 2 really obvious reasons: 2nd chance points and turnovers.

I had not seen Popovich so relaxed...especially during the loss. I don't know if he was intimidated or scared, but he was very quiet during the closing moments of the game.

The Spurs really don't have any excuses not to go all the way. The talent is there, we got Tim, Tony and Manu.

It is up to Popovich to utilize his players and put them in position to succeed. I did not see Popovich do anything all game. I saw no fire in him either.

I don't think it's time to panic. I'm sure we will win the next game, but unless we win by 10+ pts, I think we are in trouble in Denver. Next game is a statement game. If we cannot make a statement big enough to put doubt in the Nuggets minds, the Spurs may possibly go down in history as one of the biggest upsets in history.

Let's see how they come out. I expect Popovich to improve his gameplan and show some fire and not just sit there quiet while Parker turns the ball over time after time.

And I don't care who he's dating either.

GO SPURS!

spursfan05
04-24-2005, 10:03 PM
we need a new coach

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:05 PM
I'll be honest...if we lose in the 1st round, yeah I think it would be time for Pop to stay up in mgt and let PJ coach the team.

Afterall, it was PJ's idea to utilize zone defense in the playoffs the year we won last, even though Pop was completely against it.

T Park
04-24-2005, 10:05 PM
what was Duncan.

8 of 21??

make that 14 of 21 and this is an easy win, is it not?

But, that is pop's fault that Duncan missed easy shots.

It is pop's fault they made stupid passes and turnovers.

unreal.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-24-2005, 10:06 PM
we need a new coach

LOSER :lol :lol :lol and you call yourself spursfan 05 more like BANDWAGON 05 :lol :lol

Mr. Peabody
04-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah, it's Pop's fault that no one can hit a shot in the end. What's you want him to do, lace 'em up and stroke the J? The Spurs couldn't make a shot. They had good shots, they just didn't go in. The defense was good, the offense wasn't.
________
Pamelabigtitsx (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Pamelabigtitsx)

Walton Buys Off Me
04-24-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't blame Pop but I'd sure like to know why Glenn Robinson played only six minutes........

If the Spurs lose this series, we should explore getting a new coach.

exstatic
Pop isn't going anywhere. You hatahs need to get a prescription for the anti-depressant of your choice, cause he's here to stay. Pop also didn't miss 17 shots in a row.

Clandestino
pop didn't miss 400 shots in the 4th..

T Park
04-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Pop also didn't miss 17 shots in a row.

No, but im hearing that some how, it was his offense that missed the shots...

whottt
04-24-2005, 10:09 PM
what was Duncan.

8 of 21??

make that 14 of 21 and this is an easy win, is it not?

But, that is pop's fault that Duncan missed easy shots.

It is pop's fault they made stupid passes and turnovers.

unreal.

IT's Pop's fault for calling 4 down time and time again when it was obvious Duncan couldn't hit a fucking shot..

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it's Pop's fault that no one can hit a shot in the end. What's you want him to do, lace 'em up and stroke the J? The Spurs couldn't make a shot. They had good shots, they just didn't go in. The defense was good, the offense wasn't.

Um...no.

It's Popovich's passive coaching(just sitting there) while Parker turns the ball over and over without saying a word.

Also, I can't remember the last time I seen such poor shot selection.

This is not the Spurs. WHERE ARE THE REAL SPURS? The REAL San Antonio Spurs play efficient and limit turnovers. The REAL Spurs don't make stupid shot selections.

Martin & Anthony both had 5 fouls yet nobody took the ball at them.

Amazing.

More than anything, it was Popovich's reluctancy to do or say anything throughout the game. I wonder if he had personal problems on his mind?

Very uncharacteristic of Pop to let a game like this just play out.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Don't blame Pop...blame the players for not making shots...that's what they should have done, but instead, they were too busy jerking off on the court, watching the ball miss everytime.

T Park
Ah ok.

I guess that Ginobili shot at the top of the key, the Parker 5 foot jumper,
the Ginobili turnover in the lane.

Those were 4 down plays.

Interesting.

whottt
Pop isn't going anywhere. You hatahs need to get a prescription for the anti-depressant of your choice, cause he's here to stay. Pop also didn't miss 17 shots in a row.

The guys he left out there without making a single substitution missed them...not one substitution.

Whose fault is that...

You'd think as we pass from era to era as a team that continually chokes in the 4th quarter, that the real culprit would be obvious.

whottt
04-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Ah ok.

I guess that Ginobili shot at the top of the key, the Parker 5 foot jumper,
the Ginobili turnover in the lane.

Those were 4 down plays.

Interesting.

Who left them out there without a single substitution? When it was obvious they couldn't hit the side of a barn...

Who did that?

T Park
it was Popovich's reluctancy to do or say anything throughout the game

So Pop shouldve screamed hollared and acted like a loon.

How do you know he didnt do this at half time and in the time outs???

Give me a break.

Tom_Foolery
I don't blame Pop but I'd sure like to know why Glenn Robinson played only six minutes........

If the Spurs lose this series, we should explore getting a new coach.

The reason why Glen played only 6 minutes was because Tim Duncan missed 8 straight shots.

LOL!

Um...sure.

You get the point.

Ask Popovich...last I heard he was in charge of rotation and letting guys play.

T Park
04-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Who left them out there without a single substitution

WTF.

So now GInobili Parker and DUncan shouldve ridden the pine in crunch time?!?!?!

Are you kidding me?

Tom_Foolery
So Pop shouldve screamed hollared and acted like a loon.

How do you know he didnt do this at half time and in the time outs???

Give me a break.

I think he should have. 10 times out of 10 times he's done that to Parker after Parker's bad play resulted into Parker playing much better.

Why not? It's worked in the past.

nacho estrada
0-17, none by Pop.

whottt
Don't blame Pop...blame the players for not making shots...that's what they should have done, but instead, they were too busy jerking off on the court, watching the ball miss everytime.

Pop did nothing to change the chemistry of the lineup that was failing...

The players can't change it...was obvious to everyone in the chat room that changes needed to be made...

And there was a collective groan after the time out with a minute left when not a single substituion was made.

It is on Pop.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
0-17, none by Pop.

Who was the coach of that team?

That's what I thought.

Next.

whottt
04-24-2005, 10:15 PM
WTF.

So now GInobili Parker and DUncan shouldve ridden the pine in crunch time?!?!?!

Are you kidding me?

What good to have a bench if you won't use it?

None of those guys could buy a shot...why not make a change and run a play for someone else...

Why not?

How fucking stupid do you have to be to not see that a line up is faltering...

T Park
who should he have put in???

Udrih? Horry?

Barry??

They couldn't hit shit either.

THE WHOLE TEAM COULDNT MAKE ANYTHING.

For christ fuckin sake.

Tom_Foolery
Pop did nothing to change the chemistry of the lineup that was failing...

The players can't change it...was obvious to everyone in the chat room that changes needed to be made...

And there was a collective groan after the time out with a minute left when not a single substituion was made.

It is on Pop.

But didn't you know the reason why the chemistry was so bad was because Tim Duncan missed 8 straight shots?

LOL!

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:16 PM

Udrih? Horry?

Barry??

For christ fuckin sake.

Um...Pop could've told them to drive the hole.

Mark my words: the next game, the Spurs will shoot less and drive the hole more.

T Park
04-24-2005, 10:16 PM
What good to have a bench if you won't use it?

He did use the bench.,

It sucked.

Robinson about 1-3

Barry o fer of course we are use to this.

Udrih about 2 of 5

Horry about what 4 of 10?

Who else??

Massenburg??

THATS IT!!!

Brown and NEsterovic couldn't play.

T Park
04-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Pop could've told them to drive the hole.

uhhh

what was Ginobili's turnover in the lane, Parker's 5 footer

WTF

lol.

Of course once again, you are in the huddles and know what he is saying.

Jimcs50
04-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Guys, chill out....breathe..... and then just check her out for a minute.
You will feel better.

See below

VVVVVVVVV

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Barry played less minutes than his average.

Parker played more minutes than his average.

Yeah, I wonder why Glen didn't play more in the 4th?

Oh yeah, you know why?

Because Tim Duncan missed 8 straight shots.

It makes perfect sense now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it's Pop's fault that no one can hit a shot in the end.

This is the sole defense of Pop's defenders for three of the last five years in the playoffs, and if tonight's any indication it will be four of six.

wake up.

Tpark:

Put in Glenn Robinson. Run the offense through Barry. And use Manu as something other than a fucking weakside spot up shooter.

Hey here's one for you: if it's all on the players not hitting shots all these fourth quarters of all these playoff collapses, doesn't Pop deserve some blame for getting guys in here who can't shoot?

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:20 PM
He did use the bench.,

It sucked.

Robinson about 1-3

Barry o fer of course we are use to this.

Udrih about 2 of 5

Horry about what 4 of 10?

Who else??

Massenburg??

THATS IT!!!

Brown and NEsterovic couldn't play.

Um...we could've used Big Dog more in the 4th quarter, but I guess it was Tim Duncan's 8 missed shots that was the reason why he didn't play more in the 4th.

T Park
Barry played less cause he acted like he didn't want to be out there.

Glen didn't play more cause Bowen was playing great D on Anthony.

Parker played more cause he had to guard Boykins and Miller.

whottt

Udrih? Horry?

Barry??

For christ fuckin sake.

We'll never know...what well know is that Pop stuck with the same lineup that missed 17 shots in a row.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
uhhh

what was Ginobili's turnover in the lane, Parker's 5 footer

WTF

lol.

Of course once again, you are in the huddles and know what he is saying.

Manu wasn't driving the whole on that tie-up with Martin. Pay better attention.

Parker made a bad pass to Nazr in the middle.

Parker made really bad decisions in this game.

T Park
04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Um...we could've used Big Dog more in the 4th quarter, but I guess it was Tim Duncan's 8 missed shots that was the reason why he didn't play more in the 4th.

WTF, that sentance doesn't make sense.

More Big Dog??

maybe, probobly so.

Carmello Anthony was in the game and Bowen was guarding him well, so you take Bowen out put Robinson on him and let Anthony score at will??!?!

Gerryatrics
04-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Silly me. All this time I was under the impression that it was the Head Coach who ran the team, made substitutions, drew up and called plays, and kept the players' heads in the game. But it turns out that when your lineup gets eaten alive and your players are clanging three foot shots off the front of the rim and you do nothing at all, the coach shouldn't take any blame... at all. I guess I still have a lot to learn about basketball. I think I'm going to go hit the court now and practice standing in the corner doing nothing and bouncing finger-rolls off front iron, maybe if I practice that enough I can be on the best coached team in the NBA one day.

dcole50
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM
this loss falls on missed shots.

whottt
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM

Whatever...Barry had 4 assists...he doesn't charge in there and take a shitty shot...it's not fucking hard to do that...I can do it...

On top of that he's hit shots late in games all season long and Big Dogg has hit more of them than anyone on the fucking team...

And perhaps if Big Dogg didn't get a DNPCD in the first half he would have been hotter in the second...

It might have been nice to try somthing else when it was obvious what we were doing wasn't working.

We lost...Pop's lineup choked, it choked for the final 3 minuutes of the game and Pop did not do a fucking single thing to change it.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:24 PM

Um...Boykins is coming off the bench.

Should've used Beno more.

Bowen wasn't playing defense on Carmello very much in the 2nd half, he was guarding Andre Miller. Parker was being matched up against Carmello on mismatches.

Does that help?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Look people, I don't want Pop fired. I just want him to bring in an offensive coach who can find his way out of a paper bag in the fourth quarter.

FUCK.

Go back five years. The personnel change, the results don't.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:25 PM
WTF, that sentance doesn't make sense.

More Big Dog??

maybe, probobly so.

Carmello Anthony was in the game and Bowen was guarding him well, so you take Bowen out put Robinson on him and let Anthony score at will??!?!

Bowen was guarding Andre Miller in the 2nd half, which was why Miller was pretty cold in the 2nd half.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:26 PM
We'll never know...what well know is that Pop stuck with the same lineup that missed 17 shots in a row.

Great statement. I don't think even the Navins defending Pop can say anything about that one.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Silly me. All this time I was under the impression that it was the Head Coach who ran the team, made substitutions, drew up and called plays, and kept the players' heads in the game. But it turns out that when your lineup gets eaten alive and your players are clanging three foot shots off the front of the rim and you do nothing at all, the coach shouldn't take any blame... at all. I guess I still have a lot to learn about basketball. I think I'm going to go hit the court now and practice standing in the corner doing nothing and bouncing finger-rolls off front iron, maybe if I practice that enough I can be on the best coached team in the NBA one day.

Yeah, silly me. This whole time I thought Pop was the guy making the substitutions. I had no idea the reason why Big Dog didn't play more in the 4th was because the Spurs missed 17 straight shots.

Interesting.

Golffgod99
04-24-2005, 10:28 PM
In sports..confidence is everything..the Nuggets have it..the Spurs dont. Brent Barry and Bruce Bowen are worthless on offense right now..if the Spurs dont crush Denver in the next game its over. Dont blame Pop.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Look people, I don't want Pop fired. I just want him to bring in an offensive coach who can find his way out of a paper bag in the fourth quarter.

FUCK.

How would you feel if Denver won the series 4-2?

Would you be open to Popovich going back to Mgt and letting PJ or someone else coach?

spursfan05
04-24-2005, 10:29 PM

FUCK.

thank you!!

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:29 PM
this loss falls on missed shots.

This loss falls on lack of coaching, not making good substitutions, and the fact that the Spurs missed 17 straight shots but did not bother substituting someone else in(like Big Dog) to get pts on the board.

whottt
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
In sports..confidence is everything..the Nuggets have it..the Spurs dont. Brent Barry and Bruce Bowen are worthless on offense right now..if the Spurs dont crush Denver in the next game its over. Dont blame Pop.

Bullshit...the confidence of the team is always the domain of the coach...

Note...Denver got a new coach and their confidence is sky high...

It's a coaches job to ensure his team believes in itself...

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM

Silly me, this whole time I thought it was the coach who was supposed to motivate and keep his team prepared.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Bullshit...the confidence of the team is always the domain of the coach...

Note...Denver got a new coach and their confidence is sky high...

It's a coaches job to ensure his team believes in itself...

Damn great point. I think the Navins are running out of excuses.

leemajors
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
i really hope we get barry running point more the next game, beno was a total liability. i totally believe the game would have had a far different outcome if he had not lost the ball to camby at halfcourt. that took the wind out of the spurs, and every time they had a lead after they gave it right back.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2005, 10:33 PM
How would you feel if Denver won the series 4-2?

Would you be open to Popovich going back to Mgt and letting PJ or someone else coach?

I still wouldn't want him fired. He's great defensively. I just wish he'd go the Phil Jackson route of finding an offensive guru and letting them deal with things at that half of the court.

I have maintained for over two years that we should bring in the head coach of Argentina to run our offense. If not him, one of his assistants.

Sorry, after watching Pop try and come up with an offense for five years that can't do anything other than fire blanks in the playoffs, it's obvious he's just overmatched in that area.

It cracks me up every time I hear someone in the media say how complex our playbook is, when all we do is run the same fucking play over and over again in fourth quarters of playoff games.

You've got a great creator in Manu. Let him play. You've got a guy with the best midrange jumper in the game that you sat on the bench for three quarters tonight in GRob. You've got a guy who produced the only flow of our offense tonight in Barry sitting on the pine, all while you go 0-17 from the field.

Tom_Foolery
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
I still wouldn't want him fired. He's great defensively. I just wish he'd go the Phil Jackson route of finding an offensive guru and letting them deal with things at that half of the court.

I have maintained for over two years that we should bring in the head coach of Argentina to run our offense. If not him, one of his assistants.

Sorry, after watching Pop try and come up with an offense for five years that can't do anything other than fire blanks in the playoffs, it's obvious he's just overmatched in that area.

It cracks me up every time I hear someone in the media say how complex our playbook is, when all we do is run the same fucking play over and over again in fourth quarters of playoff games.

You've got a great creator in Manu. Let him play. You've got a guy with the best midrange jumper in the game that you sat on the bench for three quarters tonight in GRob. You've got a guy who produced the only flow of our offense tonight in Barry sitting on the pine, all while you go 0-17 from the field.

Well PJ isn't so bad either. Remember: he was the one who begged Pop to utilize the zone and that was an important part of our success that last championship run.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2005, 10:46 PM
The problem is PJ has been tainted by being here so long, IMO. We need someone new to come in, someone who can bring something out of the box to the offense.

This team is tailor made for the Argentine flex offense, the only thing it's missing is the playbook.

Das Texan
04-24-2005, 10:49 PM
ginobili needed to be even more assertive in the fourth.

he does that and we win going away.

Das Texan
04-24-2005, 10:49 PM
The problem is PJ has been tainted by being here so long, IMO. We need someone new to come in, someone who can bring something out of the box to the offense.

This team is tailor made for the Argentine flex offense, the only thing it's missing is the playbook.

bring in the argentina coach?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Their national team coach, just to run the offense.

We're perfect for that offense: great passing big man in Duncan (if Horry sticks around he'd be great too), quick and athletic guards to make the cuts, it'd be perfect.

Certainly a lot better than the 4down shit we run and fail with now.

firepopovich
04-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Fire Him

mookie2001
04-24-2005, 11:25 PM
nobody said anything about horry taking dumbass shots
or andre miller making jordan look like monty williams in the 1st half

SequSpur
04-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Popovich doesn't accept blame. He screams and yells and says his team is soft. However, he puts players that have broken dicks on the active roster. Only Pop would do that.

firepopovich
04-24-2005, 11:46 PM
soft team = soft coach