PDA

View Full Version : 2009: The Year of Lies

Supergirl
12-23-2009, 08:13 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/dec/22/2009-truth-took-beating/

40% of all claims about health care were LIES.

45% of the things pundits said in 2009 were LIES.

And people wonder why we can't have an intelligent dialogue about health care...

admiralsnackbar
12-23-2009, 08:13 AM
You sound surprised.

George Gervin's Afro
12-23-2009, 10:36 AM
So the staunchest proponents and opponents were the biggest liars. Shocking!

spursncowboys
12-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Politifact is not a unbiased polling. It might as well be done by MSNBC.

The WH has a link to them on the official website.

spursncowboys
12-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Marcus Bryant
12-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Each progressive side sees the hubris and hypocrisy of the other, but not its own.

EmptyMan
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
SG, you talk of intelligence yet you are blind to the true agendas of your beloved politicians.

Progressives are kind good-hearted people, I get it. The problem is, in order to put ideologies into tangible legislation, they must put the power in the hands of those that do not share the same goals.

At least I can make a good living off corps getting wealthy. When government is the only one getting wealthy...err the only one that can sustain deficits, it's kind of hard to slice off some of that cheddar.

George Gervin's Afro
12-23-2009, 12:29 PM
SG, you talk of intelligence yet you are blind to the true agendas of your beloved politicians.

Progressives are kind good-hearted people, I get it. The problem is, in order to put ideologies into tangible legislation, they must put the power in the hands of those that do not share the same goals.

At least I can make a good living off corps getting wealthy. When government is the only one getting wealthy...err the only one that can sustain deficits, it's kind of hard to slice off some of that cheddar.

Please tell us the the true agenda of our politicians. I would assume you could produce something other than your opinion to prove that you are right about the true agendas.

Wild Cobra
12-23-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/dec/22/2009-truth-took-beating/

40% of all claims about health care were LIES.

45% of the things pundits said in 2009 were LIES.

And people wonder why we can't have an intelligent dialogue about health care...
Why didn't you add Global Warming scares?

boutons_deux
12-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Global Warming is only a LIE as seen by oil/gas/coal stink tanks, the VRWC, and their suckered believers like WC.

Wild Cobra
12-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Global Warming is only a LIE as seen by oil/gas/coal stink tanks, the VRWC, and their suckered believers like WC.
I can argue my point of view with science.

How about you?

Supergirl
12-23-2009, 09:46 PM

What evidence do you have it's not unbiased? Just because the WH touts it doesn't mean anything. It hasn't stopped them from being critical of the WH at times.

And btw, it's not polling. It's a news organization. The research claims and provide ample evidence supporting their assessments of whether a claim is true or not.

sabar
12-24-2009, 01:06 AM
This isn't too surprising when 35% of everything said by anyone is a lie.

admiralsnackbar
12-24-2009, 05:32 PM
I can argue my point of view with science.

How about you?

Let's hear it!

Wild Cobra
12-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Let's hear it!
search my postings in past threads, ask a question in one of them. That debate doesn't belong in this thread. Just that the alarmists, and some deniers continue to lie on about the topic.