PDA

View Full Version : What I want for Christmas. NBA Style

LakeShow
12-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Ron Artest, Unleashed. I want the Lakers newest acquisition to guard Lebron for 48 minutes. Whenever he’s in the game I would like to see Artest on him. I want Artest to make him work for every bucket. No more of this Lebron vs. Kobe love fest shit. I noticed that Kobe held back against the Heat vs. Wade. He was not attacking him like he does against other players. The NBA has gotten so soft that it’s hurt the game. Bring back the good old days when teams hated each other like the rivalries back in the day of Boston vs. LA, Chicago vs. Detroit, New York vs. Miami, Philly vs. Boston, etc. Whether it was in November or April, those teams played each other hard and physical.

The Lakers have established themselves as a top defensive team, now is the time to get a little nasty. Make this a statement game and Free Ron Artest. :ihit That's what I want for Christmas. :toast

I. Hustle
12-23-2009, 10:43 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/06/14/spurs-topper.jpg

Allanon
12-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Big Test for Ron Artest.

I'm gonna say Ron puts in an A performance.

JamStone
12-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Chris Bosh for Tayshaun Prince and Jason Maxiell please.

Thanks Santa.

nkdlunch
12-23-2009, 10:51 AM
you got a free HOF bigman for nothing and you have the guts to ask for more????

LakeShow
12-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Big Test for Ron Artest.

I'm gonna say Ron puts in an A performance.

My only concern, if the officials allow Artest to play him tough. They let him play tough with Kobe, I hope they let him with James. If they do, It's on. :toast.

LakeShow
12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
you got a free HOF bigman for nothing and you have the guts to ask for more????

That was a couple of years ago. Christmas comes every year. :toast

Thunder Dan
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
I hope Delonte West takes his meds

Allanon
12-23-2009, 11:04 AM
My only concern, if the officials allow Artest to play him tough. They let him play tough with Kobe, I hope they let him with James. If they do, It's on. :toast.

Agreed bro.

I'd love to see the refs swallow their whistles and just let them play.

No ticky-tack fouls for anybody on either side....let the teams settle the score...much like Celtics/Lakers on Christmas last year.

Venti Quattro
12-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Kirk Hinrich or Chris Duhon

nkdlunch
12-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Chris Duhon

this man's prayers to come true

IronMexican
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
What would the Lakers give up for Kirk? The only expiring is Powell, no?

Venti Quattro
12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
What would the Lakers give up for Kirk? The only expiring is Powell, no?
Farmar and Morrison

IronMexican
12-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Shit, I forgot about Farme. And I thought Morrison was out after next season. I wonder if Chicago would do that. Hinrich on this Lakers team would be great.

LakeShow
12-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Farmar and Morrison

If that's all it takes, hell ya! :toast

Venti Quattro
12-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Shit, I forgot about Farme. And I thought Morrison was out after next season. I wonder if Chicago would do that. Hinrich on this Lakers team would be great.
Duhon would do imo. We just need a young point guard who could stay in front of other teams' guards and can distribute the rock without apprehensions.

Getting Hinrich will be another "ass-pounding" (Culburn369, 2009) courtesy of Mitch Kupchak.

If they want to match salaries in one go, Chi-Town can throw Tyrus Thomas and we will gladly add Luke Walton. Try it on RealGM and ESPN. :lmao

boston.balla
12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
lakerfan, your logic would lead to no calls on shaq fouls. Now imagine that...if your whistle a game you should do it uniformly. Guarantee you if you let shaq do his thing whithout fouls somebody like gasol or bynum might be out after the game. Not to mention guys that attack the rim like shannon brown or even kobe. imagine a flagrant 2 from shaq and he gets away with only a foul call...

.. just sayin

urunobili
12-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Dear Santa;

Can we get Collison and/or Randolph?

Thanks

JamStone
12-23-2009, 12:36 PM
For Laker fan regarding the Hinrich talk, what if the Bulls demanded Shannon Brown instead of Farmar? Make that deal?

Culburn369
12-23-2009, 12:46 PM
L.A. to unleash an ass pounding in my home state.

IronMexican
12-23-2009, 12:55 PM
For Laker fan regarding the Hinrich talk, what if the Bulls demanded Shannon Brown instead of Farmar? Make that deal?

I still do it. It would hurt a lot more for the Lakers to lose Brown, though.

Venti Quattro
12-23-2009, 12:57 PM
If they throw in Tyrus Thomas or Salmons

Culburn369
12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/d-monk/appl.gif

Venti Quattro
12-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Lakerfan needs to wake up on this Kirk clown. His stats are worst than both Farmar and Browns.
Why not? I certainly think that he would fit the triangle. It's not like we need more stat guys.

benefactor
12-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Nellie Claus to hook us up with Randolph.

Culburn369
12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/d-monk/appl.gif

Phillip
12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Ron Artest, Unleashed. I want the Lakers newest acquisition to guard Lebron for 48 minutes. Whenever he’s in the game I would like to see Artest on him. I want Artest to make him work for every bucket. No more of this Lebron vs. Kobe love fest shit. I noticed that Kobe held back against the Heat vs. Wade. He was not attacking him like he does against other players. The NBA has gotten so soft that it’s hurt the game. Bring back the good old days when teams hated each other like the rivalries back in the day of Boston vs. LA, Chicago vs. Detroit, New York vs. Miami, Philly vs. Boston, etc. Whether it was in November or April, those teams played each other hard and physical.

The Lakers have established themselves as a top defensive team, now is the time to get a little nasty. Make this a statement game and Free Ron Artest. :ihit That's what I want for Christmas. :toast

lol, rocket fan

LOL@MavsFan
12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Nellie Claus to hook us up with Randolph.

He has no work ethic and pouts when he doesnt get his way....he is tall though!

DxB
12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
The OP's sig is so gay... like we didnt fuckin know that already.

And also uhh, that whole best 'lakers player: kobe bryant' is fuckin ridiculous.

21_Blessings
12-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Chris Duhon

I really hope you're not serious. Duhon blows worse than Farmar at this point. 36% shooting, 111 defensive rating :lol

Goran Dragic
12-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Some how, for some reason, he got the tab of a good shooter and good defender. He has a career average of 41% FG. He's shooting at 36% this year. Every point PG that we currently struggle to defend will just as much success against him. And worst of all, he will cost more than Fish, Brown, and Farmar.

Lakaluva is right, Hinrich is one of the many players who the Chicago media hyped up beyond belief when he was young. His a rich man's Chris Quinn. I could see him succeed on the Lakers in a lesser role but his contract is too hefty for that.

Culburn369
12-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Goran, gettin' his brown nosin' on.

mystargtr34
12-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I really hope you're not serious. Duhon blows worse than Farmar at this point. 36% shooting, 111 defensive rating :lol

I dont think any perimeter defender will have a good Defensive Rating playing with David Lee at C, and Al Harrington + Danillo Gallinari at the Forward spots. As a perimeter defender, your really only as good as your help side defense... to an extent obviously..

21_Blessings
12-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I dont think any perimeter defender will have a good Defensive Rating playing with David Lee at C, and Al Harrington + Danillo Gallinari at the Forward spots. As a perimeter defender, your really only as good as your help side defense... to an extent obviously..

His career DRtg is 108. And that statistic backs up his horrendous defense on the court - he's been terrible since 07/08. His lateral quickness has jumped off a plane since his first couple seasons in the NBA.

iggypop123
12-23-2009, 03:14 PM

given the lakers talent and the gap between cavs and lakers expect ron only to play 30 min at the most, lebron will just lower his shoulder to 18 ft

LakeShow
12-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Some how, for some reason, he got the tab of a good shooter and good defender. He has a career average of 41% FG. He's shooting at 36% this year. Every point PG that we currently struggle to defend will just as much success against him. And worst of all, he will cost more than Fish, Brown, and Farmar.

I think he got that rep with the playoffs series he had against the Celtics, i believe. He played good defense and hit the 3's effectively in that series.

I agree with GD and mystargtr34 as far as not judging them by their stats on their current teams. I tend to look at their career stats vs. their current stats to judge if I thought he would be a good fit for the lakers. I did however look up his salary and I agree that no way is he worth that salary. I would not make that trade based on that alone.

Anybody know about Ramon Sessions? Would he fit with the Lakers? I see him as being a player that could be accessible for the lakers if they so choose to go that direction. We have sources in the timberwolves front office now. ;)

LakeShow
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
given the lakers talent and the gap between cavs and lakers expect ron only to play 30 min at the most, lebron will just lower his shoulder to 18 ft

That's what I'm really looking for in this game. Lebron has been lowering his shoulder and just running over players. Artest is not going to let him do that to him. I'm curious how the officials will call it.

KSeal
12-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Ron better be good on defense cause he's awful on offense.

milkshakeballa
12-23-2009, 04:33 PM
All I want for Christmas is for a team step up n semi-challenge the Lakers (since no team has a chance at beating them)...maybe take them to 5 or 6 games this year....cuz right now this season is fukin boring....everything has already been decided except who is coming out of the east...boston or orlando...

so thats my wish....

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 04:36 PM
-A legit big man..
-Some hard proof about the Gasol trade..
-Somebody to catch Culbear red-handed and get him arrested..same with Allanon for helping him..

milkshakeballa
12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
-Some hard proof about the Gasol trade..
-Somebody to catch Culbear red-handed and get him arrested..same with Allanon for helping him..

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

lil_penny
12-23-2009, 04:43 PM
not to lose anymore players
not get blown out by the nuggs

ginobili's bald spot
12-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Screw Hinrich and Duhon. If we're going to be dreaming, I like bill Simmons trade idea better.
Jose Calderon to the Lakers for Adam Morrison (EC), Jordan Farmar and $3 million Yes please. :lol

Goran Dragic
12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Calderon would be a horrible fit in the triangle.

ginobili's bald spot
12-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Calderon would be a horrible fit in the triangle.

What? How do you come to that conclusion?

Goran Dragic
12-23-2009, 06:09 PM
What? How do you come to that conclusion?

Undersized and can't really do a whole lot without the ball in his hands. The point guard has never been anything more than a catch and shoot role player in the triangle.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Hinrich>>>>>Calderon..

ginobili's bald spot
12-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Undersized and can't really do a whole lot without the ball in his hands. The point guard has never been anything more than a catch and shoot role player in the triangle.

Calderon is 6'3. That's not undersized. He has more than enough skills to be a triangle pg. All he has to do is space the floor on offense and he can certainly do that because he's an excellent shooter. We would be asking him to do way less than he is capable of when running the triangle. His shortcomings are defensively not offensively. And Fisher is already a horrible defender so it's not like we'd be losing anything there.

iggypop123
12-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Hinrich>>>>>Calderon..

bostonguy
12-23-2009, 06:39 PM
What I want for xmas is a 2010 Finals matchup of the Celtics and Lakers. I really want that more than anything else. I want closure to this storyline once and for all. Even if the Celts lose, I still want it. A chance for Kobe to really establish himself even more as a great player (Well according to culburn). A chance for the last 2 champs to go toe to toe. A chance for revenge from 2008 for the Lakers. All this "Well LA won cuz KG was out" talk to finally come to an end. I want these 2 teams to meet in June and settle it for good.

ginobili's bald spot
12-23-2009, 06:40 PM
What I want for xmas is a 2010 Finals matchup of the Celtics and Lakers. I really want that more than anything else. I want closure to this storyline once and for all. Even if the Celts lose, I still want it. A chance for Kobe to really establish himself even more as a great player (Well according to culburn). A chance for the last 2 champs to go toe to toe. A chance for revenge from 2008 for the Lakers. All this "Well LA won cuz KG was out" talk to finally come to an end. I want these 2 teams to meet in June and settle it for good.

+1 :toast

ginobili's bald spot
12-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Hinrich>>>>>Calderon..

Unfortunately you don't have any facts to support this statement.

Hinrich's PER: 8.1 :lmao WTF?

Calderon's PER: 16.6

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 07:12 PM

I exaggerated the amount of ">>>>" by a good margin, obviously Hinrich isn't THAT much better than Calderon as a role player, but he IS better IMO(usually, this season is an anomaly for Hinrich though)..

Calderon is probably one of the top 5-10 most overrated players in the NBA..even most Raptor fans have grown to dislike having him on their team, which speaks volumes..he actually gets more hype outside of Toronto than he does in TO or in Canada in general..

He was a solid player in his 1st breakout season, but now he's a shell of his former self..his assist/turnover ratio is due to the fact that Calderon is a simple passer..most of his assists come from catch&shoot plays and simple plays..he has very little ability to create for others, despite what the stats say..

He also has very little ability to penetrate..very little..

It's also common knowledge that Calderon is one of the worst defensive players in the NBA, if not THE worst defensive PG..he doesn't even take charges on the regular, so he really provides nothing at all on D..

He's also been very injury prone the past few seasons, including a serious injury right now, and it doesn't look good at all for his future..he has become fragile..

His positives are that he's a great shooter and that he doesn't try to do anything that he can't do..he's a smart player..

Hinrich isn't that good either, but his numbers look a lot worse because he's obviously in a slump..he's one of the best defensive guards in the NBA though AND he's usually a good shooter, so that's why I think he's a much better fit for the Lakers..

This year, his TS% took a HUGE dropoff from his career %, so he's obviously in a slump..I doubt the guy all of a sudden had a massive decline in his shooting ability..

Personally, I don't think the Lakers should make any trades, especially not for Hinrich or Calderon..their team is fine as it is..as bad as Fisher is, I don't think Hinrich or Calderon are huge upgrades..if it's for the bench, then ya, they would be upgrades over Farmar, but why would Buss want to take guys that are on very poor contracts like Hinrich and Calderon when he already has the best team in the NBA?..

ginobili's bald spot
12-23-2009, 07:57 PM
He was a solid player in his 1st breakout season, but now he's a shell of his former self..his assist/turnover ratio is due to the fact that Calderon is a simple passer..most of his assists come from catch&shoot plays and simple plays..he has very little ability to create for others, despite what the stats say..

He also has very little ability to penetrate..very little..

Fair enough. But couldn't the bolded portion be applied to Hinrich as well?
As far as creating for others, that's not really an issue for the Lakers because they wouldn't have him doing much of that anyway. It's not like we are looking for a steve nash or CP3 style assist machine in our offense. Basically his conservative don't turn the ball over mentality is a great fit for us offensively as well as his good shooting. As far as penetration goes, everytime Fisher penetrates it's a turnover or a blocked shot waiting to happen. But again, we wouldn't really be asking him to do things like that either.

It's also common knowledge that Calderon is one of the worst defensive players in the NBA, if not THE worst defensive PG..he doesn't even take charges on the regular, so he really provides nothing at all on D..

No argument from me here.

He's also been very injury prone the past few seasons, including a serious injury right now, and it doesn't look good at all for his future..he has become fragile..

Again, can't the same be said for Hinrich? He only played 50 games last year and has been battling injuries this season as well.

His positives are that he's a great shooter and that he doesn't try to do anything that he can't do..he's a smart player..

Exactly. That's what I like about him. Like all role players he has his weaknesses of course. But he knows his limitations and doesn't play outside of them. And the skills that he does possess are what we need in a triangle PG. Offensively at least.

Hinrich isn't that good either, but his numbers look a lot worse because he's obviously in a slump..he's one of the best defensive guards in the NBA though AND he's usually a good shooter, so that's why I think he's a much better fit for the Lakers..

I'd love the old Hinrich as our PG but lately he just hasn't looked the same even on defense. He's been constantly banged up these last few seasons and I haven't seen anything to indicate that's going to change anytime soon.

Personally, I don't think the Lakers should make any trades, especially not for Hinrich or Calderon..their team is fine as it is..as bad as Fisher is, I don't think Hinrich or Calderon are huge upgrades..if it's for the bench, then ya, they would be upgrades over Farmar, but why would Buss want to take guys that are on very poor contracts like Hinrich and Calderon when he already has the best team in the NBA?

I agree. These points are definitely moot because the Lakers aren't getting either one. I think they are upgrades over Fisher but I agree that making any drastic changes would be risky. Our bench could definitely use some help though. At least one more consistent player would be nice.

iggypop123
12-23-2009, 08:04 PM

part of it has to do with injury but a better fit for this team is hinrich by alot. defender, has size, can run a team if needed but not his strength. decent 3 point shooter but there to play defense. phil loves big guards because if there are cross matchups or switches its not really a big deal

FkLA
12-23-2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2009-w01/img.455191_t.jpg

LakeShow
12-26-2009, 03:50 PM
lakerfan, your logic would lead to no calls on shaq fouls. Now imagine that...if your whistle a game you should do it uniformly. Guarantee you if you let shaq do his thing whithout fouls somebody like gasol or bynum might be out after the game. Not to mention guys that attack the rim like shannon brown or even kobe. imagine a flagrant 2 from shaq and he gets away with only a foul call...

.. just sayin

Damn! :wow Somebody give that man a spur. Good call. :toast