PDA

View Full Version : KBVO for Spurs games in Austin (including tonight vs Portland)

robino2001
12-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Tonight's game will be shown on KBVO - Austin 7.

Just a heads up for the Austin folks... KBVO (channel 7) has popped up for Uverse the past few days. I'm assuming it hasn't been on Time Warner, at least carrying Spurs games, because people would have talked about it on here before. When I looked over a week ago to set the DVR to record the games, tonights vs Portland wasn't scheduled in Austin (I guess it's My35 or KENS in SA tonight)... as far as I know, tonights is the first game to be shown in the Austin area on KBVO. Apparently KBVO is one of those MyNetworkTV stations and is affiliated with KXAN (nbc) and KNVA (cw) - the channels which carry the Spurs in Austin.

Maybe I've just never noticed but this all seems to be new to me.

***Edit - I said WB - I meant CW

ChumpDumper
12-23-2009, 07:06 PM
KBVO is on Time Warner on the digital tier of local channels and on QAM as well.

The only way you can't get it is if you have analog cable going into an analog tuner.

robino2001
12-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Have they been carrying the games before or is this new? I've never seen it mentioned before... just people bitching when KXAN or KNVA didn't have it.

Spurs 21+20+9=50
12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I've watched a couple of games this season on it here in Austin on TWC, but the quality of the picture is absolutely horrible for me. Very blurry, sometimes poor sound quality also. Anyone else in Austin have this problem?

ChumpDumper
12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
They started earlier this season. Their feed kind of sucks half the time and it's only in 480i, but it's better than nothing.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2009, 07:11 PM
I've watched a couple of games this season on it here in Austin on TWC, but the quality of the picture is absolutely horrible for me. Very blurry, sometimes poor sound quality also. Anyone else in Austin have this problem?Yes. The last game most of quarters 1 and 3 were bad.

robino2001
12-23-2009, 07:15 PM
The quality of the Indiana game was worse than normal... if it's not on FSSW, the games outside of SA typically are not HD. I hoped these KBVO games might be HD but assumed they wouldn't.

Well, if this is old news then - go ahead and close the thread - I hadn't seen it mentioned before, or else I would have had my over the air tuner out to get the channel

YoMamaIsCallin
12-23-2009, 07:17 PM
No, this is not new, KBVO has carried most of the Spurs games so far that have not been on national or regional TV. The exception seems to be Friday night games for some reason.

I posted about it at the beginning of the season and others did also, it's not a new topic. I did not purchase NBA League Pass this year because of this fact.

KBVO is not "channel 7", that's KTBC. I believe it shows up as digital 14.1. They broadcast on 27 and have a repeater on 51.

robino2001
12-23-2009, 07:20 PM
KBVO is not "channel 7", that's KTBC. I believe it shows up as digital 14.1. They broadcast on 27 and have a repeater on 51.

And on uverse, it's 7 (or 1007)... it's been so long since I've had anything else that I don't remember what real channels the locals are and forgot they were different.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2009, 07:22 PM
KBVO is channel 1525 on Time Warner digital and 1007 on U-verse.

I forget what the QAM channel is -- if you have cable going directly into a digital TV or tuner (not a cable set top box), you might want to try rescanning to see if it shows up.

tp2021
12-23-2009, 09:59 PM
KBVO is on Time Warner on the digital tier of local channels and on QAM as well.

The only way you can't get it is if you have analog cable going into an analog tuner.

Thank you so much, Chump. :tu