PDA

View Full Version : What happens with TD in the post plays??

Josepatches_
12-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Somedays I'm angry with the Spurs playlist.IMO it's fucking stupid.TD is one of the best players of the league (if not the best yet) in the low post and he only has 3 or 4 plays in the post every half,someday even less.
Tonight only 2 in the 1st quarter when ĦJuwan howard! was on him.

No,it's better to put him in the top of the key to make the fucking pick for TP every play or to take JS.

No sese for me.When something works please don't try to be a genious

NostalgicSpursFan
12-23-2009, 09:49 PM
This is because pop and the whole NBA saw last year what happens come playoff time if you put duncan in the post every play on a nightly basis, he gets worn out. By taking more jump shots and limiting contact in the post early in the season he will be much more fresh come playoff time. Duncan is just so good that you don't even notice the limited contact he is producing these all-star numbers with. I'll admit it is somewhat frustrating to watch

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-23-2009, 09:50 PM
You might have noticed that Tim has lost about 25lbs and that's one of the main reasons he isn't posting up as much as he used to - he simply doesn't have the bulk or hops to consistently beat his man in the post like he used to. This year he's operating a lot more from the elbow - bankers, and drives to the middle for running hooks - and he's looking good doing it.

As for criticising using him in top and side pnrs, they are the meat of our offence, so I'd back off that one a bit. :lol

lil_penny
12-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Duncan in the post is still very deadly.. the more I watch spurs games I'm amazed he still isn't getting the touches he should.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 11:04 PM
It was weird that our offense didn't know what to do when Duncan was being double and triple teamed..