PDA

View Full Version : Portland broadcasters ...

zocool16
12-23-2009, 09:34 PM
I know that local broadcasters are supposed to have a degree of favoritism to the team they're broadcasting for, but the Portland guys really are the biggest homers of the NBA. Anyone agree?

I get my share of broadcasts since I live in Los Angeles and get NBA League Pass. I remember the Boston guy being kind of annoying, but tonight the Trailblazers guys are just ugh.

Come_On_Now
12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
There were some mavs fans on another forum stating the same thing after the game last night.

slayermin
12-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Tommy Heinsohn

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
12-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Agree

romsho
12-23-2009, 11:08 PM
A unique ability to make me want to reach through the screen and strangle the shit out of both of them. Fucking unlistenable hacks. That was awful.

pauls931
12-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I know that local broadcasters are supposed to have a degree of favoritism to the team they're broadcasting for, but the Portland guys really are the biggest homers of the NBA. Anyone agree?

I get my share of broadcasts since I live in Los Angeles and get NBA League Pass. I remember the Boston guy being kind of annoying, but tonight the Trailblazers guys are just ugh.

I live in Austin and listen to fox sports SW to watch suns games vs the spurs. I just seems bad when you have to listen to announces for the other guys.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 11:21 PM
They're in the top 3 worst in the NBA..maybe #1..

cd98
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ is a Spurs homer too. So bad it cost him a job at ESPN. They're Laker homers.

J_Paco
12-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I was thankfully not stuck listening to their bias drivel tonight, but they are known as the most one-sided broadcast team in the league beside Boston. Can't think of a pair that are worse offenders??

iggypop123
12-24-2009, 12:03 AM
yup boston portland and suprisingly the bucks also have homer announcers.

texbumTHElife
12-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Come on guys, Sean Eliot, as much as I love him, is one of the biggest homers in the world of sports. It's just a matter of home-town flavor.

ElNono
12-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Come on guys, Sean Eliot, as much as I love him, is one of the biggest homers in the world of sports. It's just a matter of home-town flavor.

He is a homer... he just doesn't cry like a little bitch... these guys spent 10 minutes straight describing how Pop works the refs so we can get bullshit calls... I mean... come on...

texbumTHElife
12-24-2009, 12:34 AM
He is a homer... he just doesn't cry like a little bitch... these guys spent 10 minutes straight describing how Pop works the refs so we can get bullshit calls... I mean... come on...

Actually, I have never heard an announcer openly criticize and complain about the refs as much as Eliot. I love the guy, but im a Spurs fan.

DubMcDub
12-24-2009, 01:04 AM

Sean Elliott consistently looks like he's going to kill himself when he and Bill Land talk postgame after a tough Spurs loss.

That being said, the Spurs announcers are not nearly as bad as: the Celtics, the Bucks, the Cavs, and the Blazers.

Darthkiller
12-24-2009, 01:18 AM
knicks and pistons have da best announcers, most neutral.

draft87
12-24-2009, 02:38 AM
I live in Austin and listen to fox sports SW to watch suns games vs the spurs. I just seems bad when you have to listen to announces for the other guys.

say what?

draft87
12-24-2009, 02:43 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11704/merry-christmas-blazer-fans

nice one I wish someone would write for the feeble, shit-talking "Spurs fans" on our board.

here's the highlight of the article that pertains to the thread:

"For whatever reason, Blazer fans are, in my experience, particularly prone to wallowing in a victim complex. The refs, the opponents, the League, the media ... to a lot of Blazer fans, they have all always been out to get this team since its inception. (The current Blazer broadcasters play no small role in this -- the subtext of every broadcast is "that was a horrible call against Portland). Counting your misfortunes is precisely how you don't succeed in tough times. "

FeZZy
12-24-2009, 02:49 AM
Did you guys see in the first quarter when RJ "supposedly" traveled in the first quarter and they bitched about it for 5 minutes and then in the fourth quarter martell webster traveled and then they bitched for about 10 minutes how it was the exact same thing as RJ haha damn those guys :lol

Allanon
12-24-2009, 03:32 AM
1: Tommy Heinshon of the Celtics
2: Blazers whoever they are
3: Cavs but mostly the color guy, the other dude just listens

Sean is an above average homer but not nearly as much as those 3 other teams.

Pistons go out of their way to be fair...I remember the opposing team getting both the player of the game and marines leader or something like that. :lol

Knicks, Nets are pretty even handed.

ps. Hahah wtf? Interesting censorship here. :lmao

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

JordanL
12-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Did you guys see in the first quarter when RJ "supposedly" traveled in the first quarter and they bitched about it for 5 minutes and then in the fourth quarter martell webster traveled and then they bitched for about 10 minutes how it was the exact same thing as RJ haha damn those guys :lol

???

They were right? I mean that was a factual matter... they complained for a long time, but they weren't wrong.

zocool16
12-24-2009, 08:44 PM
???

They were right? I mean that was a factual matter... they complained for a long time, but they weren't wrong.

It's OK to be a little bit of a homer. S.ELiot does it for the Spurs of course, but the Blazers guys just go a little overboard with homerism.

I can't exactly say what it is, but one can tell. Every broadcast has a little homerism to it, which is acceptable since the transmission is to mostly people rooting for the home team (gotta give the public what it wants), but these Blazers guys ... ugh ... they need to give it a little rest.

Strike
12-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Blazers broadcasting became epic fail when Bill Shonely got hosed. He was Portland's Chick Hearn and the Blazers screwed him over, big time.

Pero
12-24-2009, 09:44 PM
"For whatever reason, Blazer fans are, in my experience, particularly prone to wallowing in a victim complex. The refs, the opponents, the League, the media ... to a lot of Blazer fans, they have all always been out to get this team since its inception. (The current Blazer broadcasters play no small role in this -- the subtext of every broadcast is "that was a horrible call against Portland). Counting your misfortunes is precisely how you don't succeed in tough times. "

It's understandable, Rasheed Wallace played there for a long time.

pauls931
12-24-2009, 11:27 PM

He's exactly the one I was thinking of that I have to endure when I watch any spurs game here. He'd be ok if he could turn the homerism down a notch.

Regarding the Blazers. Have any of you been to the northwest? It's cold rainy and crappy all the time. The Blazers is the only thing that keeps them from killing themselves there.

taps
12-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Regarding the Blazers. Have any of you been to the northwest? It's cold rainy and crappy all the time. The Blazers is the only thing that keeps them from killing themselves there.

Yeah, that & all the bud.

also, drexler is garbage.

FkLA
12-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Do you guys actually take Sean's homerism seriously? I always take it as a joke...like when he knows the refs made the correct call against the Spurs and he'll just laugh it off and says that he'll call it an iffy call rather than give the ref credit cause he doesnt want to get criticism from fans. Or when the Spurs benefit from a bad call he'll just laugh it off and call it a great call and that he's not complaining. I dont think he's that bad, alot of it is joking.

Sisk
12-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Do you guys actually take Sean's homerism seriously? I always take it as a joke...like when he knows the refs made the correct call against the Spurs and he'll just laugh it off and says that he'll call it an iffy call rather than give the ref credit cause he doesnt want to get criticism from fans. Or when the Spurs benefit from a bad call he'll just laugh it off and call it a great call and that he's not complaining. I dont think he's that bad, alot of it is joking.

this

Xevious
12-25-2009, 01:31 AM
I must be the only Spurs fan that can't stand Sean's commentating. If there's ever a choice, I'll always go for the national broadcast. Nothing against the guy personally, and there are certainly worse commentators out there, I just don't like the bias. I'd rather listen to somebody with an more objective POV.

tlongII
12-25-2009, 04:40 AM
The Blazers broadcasting team is the best in the league. Hands down.

spursnatic
12-27-2009, 01:31 AM
The Mavs, Thunder, Kings and the Lakers broadcasters are the fucking worst ever when it comes to being homers....Especially the Mavs and Lakers fags!!!..

FkLA
12-27-2009, 02:32 AM
The Mavs, Thunder, Kings and the Lakers broadcasters are the fucking worst ever when it comes to being homers....Especially the Mavs and Lakers fags!!!..

nah we had joel meyers here before he replaced chick hearn for the lakers, he seemed pretty objective.

Sean Cagney
12-27-2009, 03:04 AM
The Blazers broadcasting team is the best in the league. Hands down.

Blazers fan, gee I wonder why you say that there?