View Full Version : Last year's team was better

Amuseddaysleeper
12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow, what a joke of a team out there.

Duncan should ask for a trade.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 11:02 PM
This team is really embarrassing..

We need another interior defender to help on the p&r, Duncan can't do it anymore..it's been killing us all year..our perimeter defenders other than Bogans have been very poor, especially Parker..

This team is soft as fuck, it's really sad..they play with no energy and no toughness..

I don't even know what Pop is doing..subbing out the lineup that got all the momentum to cut it down to 1..playing small ball for pretty much the entire 4th, even though Aldridge just kept dominating RJ and they got crucial rebounds..

fuck this team..

HarlemHeat37

We need another interior defender to help on the p&r, Duncan can't do it anymore..it's been killing us all year..our perimeter defenders other than Bogans have been very poor, especially Parker..

This team is soft as fuck, it's really sad..they play with no energy and no toughness..

I don't even know what Pop is doing..subbing out the lineup that got all the momentum to cut it down to 1..playing small ball for pretty much the entire 4th, even though Aldridge just kept dominating RJ and they got crucial rebounds..

fuck this team..

Mugen
hopefully this loss triggers a trade, because its obvious this team is pure garbage.

nuclearfm
12-23-2009, 11:04 PM
We should have traded for Stephen Jackson....

Amuseddaysleeper
12-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Even HarlemHeat agrees :toast

But this is just really really frustrating to watch. The spacing was atrocious out there tonight.

ItsOnlyDecember
12-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Everyone take a deep breath..

TIMMYD!
12-23-2009, 11:06 PM
We should trade Manu and TP.

SequSpur
12-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Spurs need 2 bigs to play. NBA is for big men....

hommeaetage
12-23-2009, 11:08 PM
I wonder how those guys feels when they look at themselves on the mirror? This is really pathetic, beyond embarrassment.

Marco
12-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Blair is big...

The Truth #6
12-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Pop wanted to lose this game. Horrific clock management. Benching Blair didn't do much for us as we couldn't get any rebounds. Worst loss of the season.

12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
trade duncan to the cavs! can't bear to see him try so hard and lose so much.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-23-2009, 11:17 PM
And WTF at not fouling when the Blazers had the ball?

Forget the messed up rebound, it shouldn't have come to that, the Spurs knew there was only a 2.5 second clock differential, FOUL THE GUY!!!

Spurs Brazil
12-23-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't think heart is a problem. This team keep fighting the whole game.

It's sad to admit but we're losing because some key players, (TP, Manu, RJ) aren't played as we expected and I don't know if they will.

TP is playing his worst season since 2004, the same for Manu. If those guys don't step up we're one and done again.

I think we aren't even worst because we're playing with heart, the players and also coach Pop aren't doing a good job talent-wise

Ditty
12-23-2009, 11:21 PM
how bout yall go play if yall think the spurs played so bad foreal

IronMexican
12-23-2009, 11:22 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Pop needs to start benching people and taking the reigns...

Missed rotation? doghouse...
Not getting a hand up on a shot? doghouse...

There's little sense of urgency until we're on a 12+ point hole we can't get out of...

Ice009
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
We should have traded for Stephen Jackson....

Shut the fuck up.

That trade is over.

I was pushing it harder than anyone a couple of weeks before the trade was made with Charlotte and no one wanted it.

Where were you when he was on the block?

TD 21
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM

fuck this team..

A LOT of this loss falls on the coach. He didn't give his team a chance to win with the ridiculous lineups he was playing. Where the fuck was McDyess? 17+ minutes, that's it. Ratliff? DNP-CD. Jefferson? Only 31+ minutes.

He's so fucking stupid that he doesn't realize that even though Duncan is averaging 32 mpg, look at how arduous those minutes are. A lot of the time he's the sole big on the court, playing rim protector AND help defender for every other Spur. He's also the sole rebounder, low post scorer and combined that with the amount of ground he has to cover on defense and he's almost certainly going to wear down by mid-season again.

Jefferson, who's in his prime and durable, can never play major minutes apparently. Even with the early foul trouble, he should have sat about 2 more minutes the rest of the game. Quick blow in the 2nd half and that's it. When are we going to see him play 40, 42, 44 minutes the odd game? He's supposed to be the guy who can do that so that the Spurs can keep the minutes of the big three down while still having a guy who can be a go-to scorer for stretches on the court.

It's time Duncan take control of this situation, have a sit down with Buford and Pop and tell them to start playing McDyess more minutes and Ratliff every game. It won't solve the problem, but it'll help. Ultimately, this team needs to go out and get another starting big if they want to be taken seriously this year. Camby, Haywood, I don't give a shit who it is, just go out and get one now.

iggypop123
12-24-2009, 12:04 AM
we have expirings available for trade. what do you want since its time to blow the spurs up?

J_Paco
12-24-2009, 12:11 AM
A LOT of this loss falls on the coach. He didn't give his team a chance to win with the ridiculous lineups he was playing. Where the fuck was McDyess? 17+ minutes, that's it. Ratliff? DNP-CD. Jefferson? Only 31+ minutes.

He's so fucking stupid that he doesn't realize that even though Duncan is averaging 32 mpg, look at how arduous those minutes are. A lot of the time he's the sole big on the court, playing rim protector AND help defender for every other Spur. He's also the sole rebounder, low post scorer and combined that with the amount of ground he has to cover on defense and he's almost certainly going to wear down by mid-season again.

Jefferson, who's in his prime and durable, can never play major minutes apparently. Even with the early foul trouble, he should have sat about 2 more minutes the rest of the game. Quick blow in the 2nd half and that's it. When are we going to see him play 40, 42, 44 minutes the odd game? He's supposed to be the guy who can do that so that the Spurs can keep the minutes of the big three down while still having a guy who can be a go-to scorer for stretches on the court.

It's time Duncan take control of this situation, have a sit down with Buford and Pop and tell them to start playing McDyess more minutes and Ratliff every game. It won't solve the problem, but it'll help. Ultimately, this team needs to go out and get another starting big if they want to be taken seriously this year. Camby, Haywood, I don't give a shit who it is, just go out and get one now.

Somehow prying Brendan Haywood away from Washington would help a lot, since it would allow the team to play "twin tower" defense once again. It would also be helpful if they could get either Nick Young or Dominic McGuirre along with him.

Pop really coached a horrendous game tonight, not trapping on the pick-n-roll and playing small-ball throughout the fourth. But, McDyess and Blair didn't help their cases for more minutes when they grabbed a combined 3 rebounds tonight.

ElNono
12-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't think last year's team was better at all... The problem is that now we have MORE talent than last year and we're still playing like last year...

murpjf88
12-24-2009, 12:16 AM

Let me guess, because its only december.

mexicanjunior
12-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Let me guess, because its only december.

I can't wait for the "It's Only January" guy to show up when we finish off another losing month...

FeZZy
12-24-2009, 02:55 AM
No offense guys but you guys bitch way to much about this yes today sucked but if your so mad about the loss and are "like oh lets trade everybody!" then go to the Lakers I'm sure they'll accept you with open arms if your not a die hard spurs fan then don't be a spurs fan is that simple and this isn't espn trade machine you can't just trade everybody away.

Johnny RIngo
12-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Maybe it's the afternoon practices? I don't know what the fuck is wrong with the team but it's pretty obvious that, as constructed, we're not a contender. Seems like the Jefferson trade has damned us for the remainder of the Duncan era.

SCdac
12-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Last season Pop was asking Finley, Udoka to guard big men and Matt Bonner to be a starting center. This season he's asking 6'7 Richard Jefferson our biggest off-season investment to be the one to play out of position at power forward. Doesn't seem very wise, given our lack of success. Would it be so difficult to try out a normal lineup for the entirety of a game? When was the last time that happened? Small ball sends our defense and rebounding into the negative, and it's basically 4 guards and swings camped out on the perimeter. I mean, are we trying to make the game harder for Tim Duncan? McDyess should be averaging closer to 25 minutes per game, especially if he's coming off the bench. What did we get him and Ratliff for if Pop knew the biggest, most frequently ordered, item on our menu was going to be "small ball"?

draft87
12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Wow, what a joke of a team out there.

Duncan should ask for a trade.

Amuseddaydreamer? Realistic Spurs Fan?

Spurs da champs
12-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Blair had 2 rebounds and 6 points, why Pop didn't play Ratliff surprises me.