Ditty
12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
lol red rocket

Chomag
12-23-2009, 11:23 PM
LOl Only December.

loveforthegame
12-23-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL Let's start a new thread blaming Finley.

blkroadrunners
12-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Lol @ lol.

Marco
12-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Lol Bonner is missing

thekingrobert
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Spurs are playing soft but they will find their mojo

Spurs Brazil
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
lol Hill the defensive stopper :lol :lol :lol

benefactor
12-23-2009, 11:28 PM
http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/spurs-logo-350.jpg
:lmaoLMAO:lmao

benefactor
12-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Lol Bonner is missing
He probably would have helped with the way they were packing the paint, but lol anyway.

angelbelow
12-23-2009, 11:30 PM
This was a pathetic loss though. At home too.

benefactor
12-23-2009, 11:32 PM
I was angry at first, but now I'm just disgusted. This team is a joke until they prove otherwise.

lol Spurs

TD 21
12-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I was angry at first, but now I'm just disgusted. This team is a joke until they prove otherwise.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-23-2009, 11:36 PM
what do the nuggets need to do to get Timmay? :smokin

it's me
12-23-2009, 11:37 PM
LOl Manu the closer

it's me
12-23-2009, 11:37 PM
LOl Tony the Pointguard

benefactor
12-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Maybe this team needs to head up to Austin and get the college team to show them how to play defense.

TD 21
12-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Maybe this team needs to head up to Austin and get the college team to show them how to play defense.

It's part personnel, part coaching. If this retard coach would play McDyess in tandem with Duncan more and use Ratliff (particularly with Bonner out) as a rotation fixture, this team would be significantly better defensively. That's the coaching. Personnel wise, in reality they need what they've needed since Robinson retired - but were somehow able to get away with for roughly another five years mostly due to Duncan's greatness and some timely clutch play by the team - and that's another starting big (not a old 6'9'' backup PF) to pair with Duncan.

Jason R
12-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Dude, seriously people are going to say BONNER would have saved us? WHO CARES? It should have never been that close with a massively depleted team that was on a back to back!!!

ElNono
12-23-2009, 11:49 PM
It's part personnel, part coaching. If this retard coach would play McDyess in tandem with Duncan more and use Ratliff (particularly with Bonner out) as a rotation fixture, this team would be significantly better defensively. That's the coaching. Personnel wise, in reality they need what they've needed since Robinson retired - but were somehow able to get away with for roughly another five years mostly due to Duncan's greatness and some timely clutch play by the team - and that's another starting big (not a old 6'9'' backup PF) to pair with Duncan.

The perimeter D is a problem too. We just can't stop some guys. I mean, in the past, you would move Bowen to whoever was hot at the time, but nowadays, we just can't. We put Bogans on Bayless, and they went with Miller against TP... scored 3 buckets in a row. Pop moves Bogans to Miller, and Bayless goes back to work. Then we just sit down Bogans, give up trying to play defense at all, go for small ball and try to outscore them...

That's why I wanted to see Ratliff out there... at least if you block them in the paint, those guys driving the ball will think twice about going in...

AussieFanKurt
12-23-2009, 11:53 PM
rofllolbbq

it's me
12-23-2009, 11:53 PM
lol small ball

TD 21
12-23-2009, 11:57 PM
The perimeter D is a problem too. We just can't stop some guys. I mean, in the past, you would move Bowen to whoever was hot at the time, but nowadays, we just can't. We put Bogans on Bayless, and they went with Miller against TP... scored 3 buckets in a row. Pop moves Bogans to Miller, and Bayless goes back to work. Then we just sit down Bogans, give up trying to play defense at all, go for small ball and try to outscore them...

That's why I wanted to see Ratliff out there... at least if you block them in the paint, those guys driving the ball will think twice about going in...

More than anything, it's this small ball shit. If you're constantly having to help/rotate/scramble on every possession because one of the two credible scorers a team has has a ridiculously favorable match-up, then you don't give yourself a chance to play solid defense. I don't care what team you name, you put them in that situation and they're not stopping anybody; they're hoping that team stops themselves so that they can get it back on the other end (what are we the fucking Suns now?).

In the end game, Hill should have been on Bayless, but more importantly McDyess should have been on Aldridge, played him straight up and allowed the Spurs to stay home on their own men. If Aldridge beats them by hitting an array of jumpers over a legit PF, then at least you lose knowing you gave yourself the best possible chance to win.

ElNono
12-24-2009, 12:00 AM
More than anything, it's this small ball shit. If you're constantly having to help/rotate/scramble on every possession because one of the two credible scorers a team has has a ridiculously favorable match-up, then you don't give yourself a chance to play solid defense. I don't care what team you name, you put them in that situation and they're not stopping anybody; they're hoping that team stops themselves so that they can get it back on the other end (what are we the fucking Suns now?).

In the end game, Hill should have been on Bayless, but more importantly McDyess should have been on Aldridge, played him straight up and allowed the Spurs to stay home on their own men. If Aldridge beats them by hitting an array of jumpers over a legit PF, then at least you lose knowing you gave yourself the best possible chance to win.

Hey, I've been asking to play big all season long... And I don't know what we're saving Ratliff for... we play him 20 mins against scrub teams, and we keep on piling DNP-CD against good teams? What's the rationale for that?

TD 21
12-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey, I've been asking to play big all season long... And I don't know what we're saving Ratliff for... we play him 20 mins against scrub teams, and we keep on piling DNP-CD against good teams? What's the rationale for that?

It makes too much sense, that's why it's not being done. As for Ratliff, I guess they're saving him for the playoffs; all 1 round that this team is in them for. He isn't that old, has barely played to this point and the team desperately needs him now, yet there he is racking up yet another DNP-CD.

I don't know what's happened to this coach in the past two years, but he's lost his fucking mind. He wants better defense, yet he's playing lineups that give the team absolutely no chance to be successful defensively. It's beyond baffling.

Obilivo
12-24-2009, 01:21 AM
lol everyone

Shank
12-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Tis the season to be jolly

Lol

o-l

o-l-l-l

MavDynasty
12-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Tis the season to be jolly

Lol

o-l

o-l-l-l

:lmao

draft87
12-24-2009, 02:23 AM
lol Spurs

lol no Roy

lol no Pryzbilla

lol Portland back to back

lol owned by Jerryd Bayless

lol Juwan Howard double/double

lol call yourself a Spurs fan

lol isn't lol ___ something lame Mavs fans do when they feel crappy about their team?

sad coping mechanism.

urunobili
12-24-2009, 06:11 AM
lol Popovich HOF coach

benefactor
12-24-2009, 07:24 AM
lol call yourself a Spurs fan

lol isn't lol ___ something lame Mavs fans do when they feel crappy about their team?

sad coping mechanism.
They looked like shit and deserve every single bit of the criticism. Can they pull it together? Sure they can. But until then.....

omgrotflmao Spurs

Whisky Dog
12-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Ahh, you finally came around. Welcome to reality, benefactor.

Muser
12-24-2009, 09:29 AM
lol deepest team in spurs history

jb4g
12-24-2009, 09:43 AM
we suck....until proven otherwise. let the trades begin!!!!

benefactor
12-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Ahh, you finally came around. Welcome to reality, benefactor.
The fact that we can pull it together is just as much of a reality. And unlike you, I will watch my team and won't say stupid shit like, "I've been duped into watching them." This thread is more about letting out frustration...and it's been rather therapeutic. I won't say they are done until the ball touches the hardwood for the last time.

But for now...lol Spurs.

Whisky Dog
12-24-2009, 10:01 AM
The fact that we can pull it together is just as much of a reality. And unlike you, I will watch my team and won't say stupid shit like, "I've been duped into watching them." This thread is more about letting out frustration...and it's been rather therapeutic. I won't say they are done until the ball touches the hardwood for the last time.

But for now...lol Spurs.

You got the wrong idea. I still watch them. I just like to complain about it because I really thought we were back to contender with the moves that were made, and seeing a team that flat out can't defend anyone is frustrating to watch.

myhc
12-24-2009, 11:18 AM
lol season depends on Theo Ratliff

bdictjames
12-24-2009, 11:50 AM
lol Spurs = joke

lol we need a Bayless stopper now

TIMMYD!
12-24-2009, 12:11 PM

That's what I've been thinking, too. Pop needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that the small ball shit he is throwing out on the court isn't working and that Tim needs an enforcer with him. What's the point of saving Ratliff if we lose in the first round or don't make the playoffs? :bang

spurtech09
12-24-2009, 02:26 PM
lmao...people who post these worthless threads lol ha ha