PDA

View Full Version : We need Finley to get healthy really soon..

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 11:10 PM
His injury is clearly messing with Pop's mind and emotions..that was one of the worst coached games I've seen in a long time..

loveforthegame
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
It's gotta be killing the haters not to be able to blame Finley for these losses lately.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
I just blamed him in a way, didn't I?..

birdy219
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Finley usually has a good scoring game against Portland because they do not guard the perimeter.

There is absolutely no excuse for that loss. :nope

Why did Pop take Timmay out when they were only down by one. They instantly went on a run.

Pop has NO killer instinct. :bang

Neither do the Spurs :depressed

Why didn't Tony shoot more? He was like 7 of 8 and he let Bayless off the hook defensively. If you can't guard him, then you make him guard you. :(

ducks
12-23-2009, 11:18 PM
mason >finley

Ice009
12-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Yep I agree with the no Killer instinct thing from Pop.

He always does that when we are about to stomp a team.

Pretty weak stuff from Pop.

MaNu4Tres
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM

It's Pop's fault Manu has become a role player oppose to a star.

Spurs won't win a damn thing if this is the case for the rest of the season.

Manu and Parker need to pick up their play immensely if they are going to have a shot at the second round of the playoffs.

They both have been a dissapointment. Manu being the biggest.

ElNono
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
No. If we're going to flame out, we need to flame out with these guys, so there's no excuses.

ducks
12-23-2009, 11:27 PM
finley for gay

J_Paco
12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
^^

Manu is now shooting 38% from the floor for the season, and had a piss poor game tonight. He let the rebound from Bayless' miss come right through his hands.

Back on-topic, Pop really used a stupid line-up towards the end of the game. Why go small-ball with Jefferson guarding Aldridge, when that is a complete mis-match with Aldridge easily shooting over the top. Play Duncan with Antonio or DeJuan and make LaMarcus earn his fucking points the hard way. What pathetic effort tonight.

loveforthegame
12-24-2009, 12:29 AM

It was a pretty weak attempt so it was hard to tell.

Instead of addressing the real issues I knew somebody would come along and blame Finley when he hasn't even played in the last 8 games. Or if not blame Finley directly use the Pop's man crush as an excuse.

Who are we going to blame when Finley is retired?

HarlemHeat37
12-24-2009, 12:32 AM
LOL obviously it was a joke..

This thread is about Pop's poor coaching..

murpjf88
12-24-2009, 12:39 AM
I don't normally blame the coach, but I will admit it was a poor decision at the end of the game, to let Portland run the shot clock down with just a 3 second differential on the game clock. They should of fouled immediately to save time.
In years past, you could rely on the defense to get the stop. Not this year. That gamble cost the spurs a chance to win.

alchemist
12-24-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't normally blame the coach, but I will admit it was a poor decision at the end of the game, to let Portland run the shot clock down with just a 3 second differential on the game clock. They should of fouled immediately to save time.
In years past, you could rely on the defense to get the stop. Not this year. That gamble cost the spurs a chance to win.
they got the stop, they did not get the rebound.

Spursfan 87
12-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Actually we need Finley and Bonner. Porland was just clogging the middle and doubling TD, they show no respect for our "shooters", and we were not able to exaecute our offense.

We were lucky that RMJ went crazy for a moment because this loss could have benn worse than it was.

Spursox
12-24-2009, 12:48 AM
And how does adding Finley make us an elite team?

Quiet Strength
12-24-2009, 01:08 AM

Foul and send the blazers to the line to put them up by 4? I'm not happy with pop's coaching but in my opinion it was smart to go for the stop and be down by only 2 if they missed.. which they did. The spurs just couldn't get the rebound.

SenorSpur
12-24-2009, 02:28 AM
His injury is clearly messing with Pop's mind and emotions..that was one of the worst coached games I've seen in a long time..

Uh, no we don't.

draft87
12-24-2009, 02:32 AM

It's gotta be killing the haters not to be able to blame Finley for these losses lately.

LOL thought the start of the thread was funny even though it was uncalled for/true(respectively)

and the subsequent exchange was funny too cause I KNEW it was just a matter of seconds before someone wrote something stupid about Finley/Bonner...... and then:

mason >finley

YES! It's like watching Team America...... You know that Matt Damon is gonna say, "MATT DAMON!" but it's still totally funny when he says it!

and then:

Finley usually has a good scoring game against Portland because they do not guard the perimeter.

There is absolutely no excuse for that loss. :nope

Why did Pop take Timmay out when they were only down by one. They instantly went on a run.

Pop has NO killer instinct. :bang

Neither do the Spurs :depressed

Why didn't Tony shoot more? He was like 7 of 8 and he let Bayless off the hook defensively. If you can't guard him, then you make him guard you. :(

Post-game comments that are about the game instead of about some curmudgeon's problems with emotion management. Right on!

I think it's actually pretty spot-on.

mexicanjunior
12-24-2009, 02:33 AM

I thought that was a horrible decision. They would have had to hope for a miss and immediately grab the rebound to call the timeout to even have a chance at 1-2 seconds of time left. They would have given themselves so much more of an opportunity by fouling with 10-15 seconds left after not being able to grab a steal by trapping the ball.

Quiet Strength
12-24-2009, 03:09 AM
I thought that was a horrible decision. They would have had to hope for a miss and immediately grab the rebound to call the timeout to even have a chance at 1-2 seconds of time left. They would have given themselves so much more of an opportunity by fouling with 10-15 seconds left after not being able to grab a steal by trapping the ball.

Obviously the spurs couldn't get the rebound but portland shot early and if the spurs would have gotten the rebound they would have had like 4 seconds left to tie or win the game.

mexicanjunior
12-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Obviously the spurs couldn't get the rebound but portland shot early and if the spurs would have gotten the rebound they would have had like 4 seconds left to tie or win the game.

With the way the Spurs were getting outrebounded all night, I don't see why Pop would think securing that possession was worth the risk of only having 1-3 seconds to put up a quality shot. Just a baffling decision...

Quiet Strength
12-24-2009, 03:23 AM
With the way the Spurs were getting outrebounded all night, I don't see why Pop would think securing that possession was worth the risk of only having 1-3 seconds to put up a quality shot. Just a baffling decision...

I'm not happy with pop's coaching so I'm not going to defend him. His decisions all night.. more like these past couple of seasons have been horrible. I think he should have played ratliff and maybe hairston. Ratliff for defense and rebounding and hairston just to have a younger player on the floor. Everybody else sucked ass out there so I dont understand why he wouldn't even try them.