PDA

View Full Version : From A Blazer Fan, To Spurs Fans

JordanL
12-24-2009, 07:16 AM
This would be the sort of game where I'd be thoroughly upset/depressed if the situation was reversed.

However, coming here to get a different perspective on the game I'm amazed at how negative everyone is being.

If this game really felt THAT bad for you guys, simply remember this: the last time you faced the Blazers in any meaningful way, Sean Elliot beat three Blazers to make an impossible three point shot, and you sent us packing while going on to pick up a ring.

I'm greatfull my team won this time, for a variety of reasons, but you guys have shamed us when it's mattered.

silverblackfan
12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Nice reminder. As fans, we are caught up in this year's blown potential, but I think everyone recognizes that the Blazers are almost overstacked with talent. They are becoming one of the most scary teams in the west.

Chomag
12-24-2009, 10:55 AM
You got a hell of a team there Blazers fan no mater that anyone says. You guys are without Oden, Roy, Przbilla, Outlaw, Fernandez, and Batum. Damn, that like a starting 5 and then some, but yet your team just took out 2 playoff type teams (mavs,Spurs) on a back to back. I'm rooting for you guys to make the playoffs and do well there because your guys are earning it.

Best of luck to the rest of your teams season. :toast

PS:I hope you guys make some noise in the playoffs, just not against us of course. :lol

Bukefal
12-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, we spurs fans are pretty spoiled. We had some amazing success over the last decade. Now Spurs fans are expecting nothing but the same. We raise the bar very high. And when sometimes things do not work out well. Many fans are going crazy like its the end of the world.

Ive said it before, what about other fanbases? What about fanbases of teams for whom playing like shit is normal to them for years and years. They dont have any success, they are the ones for who it really sucks. Not us. We should be really happy actually

So, we shouldnt be going all crazy when sometimes it doesnt work out well. Anyway, Im not saying we are doomed.

I support the team and I know we are great and still are championship contenders. Just keep faith people.

As for the blazers, yeah, they have a really talented team and I really grant future success to you. Of the teams besides the Spurs, who I like watching to and for whom I have respect are the Blazers and the Bobcats.

:toast merry christmas JordanL!

elbamba
12-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Blazers are doing everything right by brining in quality players and dumping the thugs that used to dominate that team. Pritchert knows what he is doing.

bdictjames
12-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I was expecting a LOL Spurs post but this was actually pretty good. Merry Christmas.

I think the Spurs reminded us not to be too serious, and laugh at the situation this Christmas. After it, full-blow out teams, watch out.

Bender
12-24-2009, 11:35 AM
if I wasn't a spurs fan first, I might be a blazers fan
:tu

TIMMYD!
12-24-2009, 12:59 PM
What was our record at this time last year?

crc21209
12-24-2009, 01:46 PM
What was our record at this time last year?

Our record this year so far is 15-11. At this same point last year our record was 18-10....through all the struggles this year we just have 1 more loss than last year..

tomtom
12-24-2009, 01:50 PM
if I wasn't a spurs fan first, I might be a blazers fan
:tu

Thats why I'm both :toast.

AussieFanKurt
12-25-2009, 03:05 AM
What a great bloke Jordan is. Well done !

lennyalderette
12-25-2009, 03:09 AM
dude ive said that on other blogs i really dig the blazers!!! its my second team if we get knocked out of the playoffs. my fav port. player is rudy, i love him.

lennyalderette
12-25-2009, 03:10 AM
yeah this season is starting to look a lil scarey, but i wont believe we suck until we get knocked out of the playoffs

AussieFanKurt
12-25-2009, 03:15 AM
yeah this season is starting to look a lil scarey, but i wont believe we suck until we get knocked out of the playoffs

yeah same here :toast
or maybe if we get beaten by the nets :lol

duhoh
12-25-2009, 03:51 AM
yeah same here :toast
or maybe if we get beaten by the nets :lol

whoa whoa whoa :lol

i might have to root for the dark side then (LAL) :depressed

only cus i like crazy pills though (ron ron!)

spurs10
12-25-2009, 04:30 PM
What a great bloke Jordan is. Well done !
Agreed. It's a nice surprise to hear from an opponents fan with class and good advice. We do indeed need to be more positive and grateful for all the great moments the Spurs have given us. Merry Christmas Jordan and all.

ginobilized
12-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Merry Christmas and I hope the Blazers draw the Lakers in the 1st round. I really think you are the worst matchup for them. Get well soon Blazers.

dav4463
12-25-2009, 10:12 PM
We could be mavs or suns fans and get disappointed every year! We could be Clippers or Wizards fans and never even have a reason to get disappointed. Look on the bright side! We are rarely disappointed.

ThaiFanofSpurs
12-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Same with me... Other than the Spurs, I think the Blazers are another team I want to give love to. Teams that keep their manner well represented and just come to play the game for the wins. No yelling... no chest ponding...

LOL@MavsFan
12-26-2009, 01:43 AM
This would be the sort of game where I'd be thoroughly upset/depressed if the situation was reversed.

However, coming here to get a different perspective on the game I'm amazed at how negative everyone is being.

If this game really felt THAT bad for you guys, simply remember this: the last time you faced the Blazers in any meaningful way, Sean Elliot beat three Blazers to make an impossible three point shot, and you sent us packing while going on to pick up a ring.

I'm greatfull my team won this time, for a variety of reasons, but you guys have shamed us when it's mattered.

The loss sucked, but it's not game 7 in the playoffs. That's when I'd be depressed

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Blazers just beat the Nuggets with their heavily injured team - they are on a roll right now, playing well beyond what you would expect of them.