PDA

View Full Version : sons am I the only jerk around here who hates the holidays?

BRHornet45
12-24-2009, 04:43 PM
- The weather is God awful in Louisiana. has rained all day, nearly every day since late November.

- November and December are the absolute worst time of year for the type of work I do. Next to no money coming in.

- As if the lack of income isn't bad enough during these months, you're expected to buy gifts for people that you only see once a year.

- Family get togethers are always a hassle. You get asked the same 3 or 4 questions every single year.

sons is there anything else I am leaving out? I can't be the only scrooge here

Mavs_man_41
12-24-2009, 04:46 PM
yeah, we already knew you were a major faggot. family is the only important thing in life if you think about it, nothing else really matters in the end. sack up and enjoy the time with your wife and kids. unless you're not married. then kill yourself

BRHornet45
12-24-2009, 04:49 PM
yeah, we already knew you were a major faggot. family is the only important thing in life if you think about it, nothing else really matters in the end. sack up and enjoy the time with your wife and kids. unless you're not married. then kill yourself

ah ok son, so marriage and family is the only thing that matters?

MiamiHeat
12-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Extended family is annoying

Cousins, aunts, uncles, yeah

BRHornet45
12-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Extended family is annoying

Cousins, aunts, uncles, yeah

and that's exactly what I meant, but the homosexual Mav fan can't understand.

IronMexican
12-24-2009, 04:54 PM
- November and December are the absolute worst time of year for the type of work I do. Next to no money coming in.

Are you in construction? If so, there pretty much hasn't been work almost all year.

dirk4mvp
12-24-2009, 05:04 PM
It feels forced. Oh well I go through with it.

Ignignokt
12-24-2009, 05:22 PM
I just hate the winter. but i love barbecues, memorial day and the 4th. Count me in for that!

Mavs_man_41
12-24-2009, 05:40 PM

everyone else can seem to suck it up and do it anyway, but you have to make a thread on spurstalk to :cry

shut your ungrateful ass up and enjoy the holidays

Sigz
12-24-2009, 05:46 PM
shut the FUCK up and enjoy the fact your not in some third world country eating someones dick for food.

EmptyMan
12-24-2009, 05:46 PM
I have figured something amazing out in the past couple of months.

You do not need to buy gifts like you normally would. That's a pain in the ass. All you have to do is find a good desert most people like. Buy some ingredients at the store and mass produce your desert. Give that out as gifts. One of your deserts is good for 4+ people. This is geniusssssssssssss.

It's cheap and easy. Plus, it's better than some lame gift no one will remember in 6 months.

BRHornet45
12-24-2009, 05:52 PM
shut the FUCK up and enjoy the fact your not in some third world country eating someones dick for food.

go to hell you piece of garbage

florige
12-24-2009, 06:01 PM
I never celebrated the holidays so I don't hate them, moreso the idiotic people/shoppers who drive and act like Christmas day is really the Apocolyspe.

I. Hustle
12-24-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm not a holiday person. If I could get away with it I wouldn't celebrate my birthday either. The wife and kids birthdays are cool but I don't care about mine.

Winehole23
12-24-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm not a holiday person. If I could get away with it I wouldn't celebrate my birthday either.The silver lining of childlessness. I've gotten away with it many times.

Strike
12-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Elisabeth Fritzl disagrees.

I'm not a holiday person. If I could get away with it I wouldn't celebrate my birthday either.

The silver lining of childlessness. I've gotten away with it many times.

+1

I wouldn't say I hate the holidays but I could definitely do without them. Most of my family sucks rhino ass so I don't like to spend time with them anyway. My parents and one cousin are the only people in my family with whom I enjoy spending time. And I don't need the holidays as an excuse to do so.

jag
12-24-2009, 09:31 PM

What the hell have you been looking at on the internets?

mookie2001
12-24-2009, 10:13 PM
timvps family aint hurtin

thats whottt i heard i saiddd

Rogue
12-25-2009, 08:08 AM
ah ok son, so marriage and family is the only thing that matters?
What else should you live for if marriage and family don't make some pulses on your nerves? It doesn't matter to have some hobbies as well as some slight concerns on the lives of others like Ghazi's, but none of such things should ever prevail over the basic elements of your own.

Marriage bonds two individuals together and makes it possible for them to create and hold a cozy home for their kids. Of course your love and family aren't always necessarily the only occupant in your life, but your life sucks without them to admit it or not.

Rogue
12-25-2009, 08:14 AM
No one likes extended relatives tbh, especially those in-laws. Why should you accept those in-laws just because you're married to someone blood affiliated to them? But IMHO the trouble isn't located on the in-laws themselves but the way you deal with it. I mean if you indeed hate it, just tell it straightly to your wife and those you dislike, and I'm sure your wife would set seriously considerations on your protests. It's not an issue of wearing a smile tolerating what you dislike IMHO.

xtremesteven33
12-25-2009, 02:41 PM
The Christmas holiday has been and always will be promoted heavily to put Americans in debt...

Sad but true.

Just try and make the best of it by spending time with your family.

DarkReign
12-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I like figgy pudding.

Its fig and putting, you deaf bastard.

Whisky Dog
12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
No wonder so many people are depressed, y'all have fucked up world views. I enjoy the time, I enjoy giving things to people, I don't even think about it negatively at all. Instead of doing things you hate with reluctance make this a time to do something you really like. Don't like your extended family? Don't see them. There's no rule that forces you to. Find something you enjoy doing and make time for it instead.

Whisky Dog
12-26-2009, 01:59 PM
The only thing I don't like is shopping, but thanks to the Internet and every retailer having an online store I just order, ship, and it's brought to me by UPs or fed ex. Why make life harder than it has to be?

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't hate the holidays specifically but they are an intersection of a bunch of shit that I hate all year round, like decorating and shopping although in recent years my family has become much more tolerable even enjoyable.

jacobdrj
12-28-2009, 04:12 AM
My best buddy was in absolute glee when on the eve of the 25th, all the snow melted. He hates Xmas so much.

mystargtr34
12-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I'am sure your family appreciates that.

:lol