PDA

View Full Version : Can Artest slow LeBron?

Smooth Criminal
12-24-2009, 11:54 PM
http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/24/can-artest-slow-lebron/27251/

LeBron James no doubt will score 15, 18, maybe 20 points or more Friday against the Lakers. But it won’t be easy. Not if Ron Artest has anything to say about it. Forget Kobe vs. LeBron, the puppets and that superstar vs. superstar stuff. The over-hyped game has plenty of subplots but perhaps none more intriguing than how Artest plans to slow down James. The Lakers swingman is expected to guard the Cavaliers superstar when the teams meet Friday at Staples Center, and while Artest doesn’t expect a Christmas Day miracle (limiting LeBron to single digits) he is looking to keep James away from the basket. “I have confidence in my defense, you know,” Artest said Thursday. “There’s a lot I can do on defense, you know. I’m one of the best defenders in the game, you know?” Who told you that? “Me,” Artest said. Artest’s defensive skill is the reason the Lakers signed him. They needed a strong, mix-it-up type of player to combat problematic forwards such as Boston’s Paul Pierce, Denver’s Carmelo Anthony and James. So what will he do special against James, who is averaging 28.8 points a game? Artest didn’t reveal much. “I play everybody the same way because I let my defense dictate,” Artest said. The last time these two met last season, James scored 21 points but needed 21 attempts to get there. He missed 14 of those shots, grabbed one rebound and finished with zero assists. Artest, then with Houston, had 15 points and four rebounds that game. Artest said that while guarding James will be exciting, he more is looking forward to Bryant scoring “40, maybe 45 points.” Why? “It’s fun to see him (score a lot),” he said. “It’s a work of art to see him bring his craft to light during a game.”

JoeTait75
12-25-2009, 12:19 AM
No one plays LeBron more physical than Ron-Ron and no one gets away with more physical play on LeBron. He'll be a handful.

mystargtr34
12-25-2009, 12:20 AM
No chance one on one. LeBron might struggle because theres Artest, then two shot blocking 7-1" guys at the rim waiting for him.

mystargtr34
12-25-2009, 12:29 AM
http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/24/can-artest-slow-lebron/27251/

Shane Battier

Def Rowe
12-25-2009, 12:36 AM
He ain't gonna stop him. But yeah, he'll slow him down on some plays.

23LeBronJames23
12-25-2009, 12:46 AM
We'll see who will stop who tommorow

KidCongo
12-25-2009, 01:30 AM
No chance one on one. LeBron might struggle because theres Artest, then two shot blocking 7-1" guys at the rim waiting for him.

This.

Get out in transition LeBron.

JoeTait75
12-25-2009, 01:39 AM
This.

Get out in transition LeBron.

That requires a healthy dose of the small lineup.

KidCongo
12-25-2009, 03:05 AM
That requires a healthy dose of the small lineup.

Or an aggressive defense like the first quarter against the Suns.

BRHornet45
12-25-2009, 03:13 AM
son of course Artest can stop Lebron. there is absolutely no question about that. HOWEVER, this isn't a real, legit basketball game ... this is the NBA, where players like Lebron are protected by the league from players like Artest who can stop him. People pay money to see stars like Lebron score 50 points, not get shut down by a great defensive player like Artest ..... I expect Lebron to get AT LEAST 15 freebie free throws tomorrow and Artest in early foul trouble.

Chieflion
12-25-2009, 03:17 AM
son of course Artest can stop Lebron. there is absolutely no question about that. HOWEVER, this isn't a real, legit basketball game ... this is the NBA, where players like Lebron are protected by the league from players like Artest who can stop him. People pay money to see stars like Lebron score 50 points, not get shut down by a great defensive player like Artest ..... I expect Lebron to get AT LEAST 15 freebie free throws tomorrow and Artest in early foul trouble.
Son, I assure you Ron Artest will stop LeBron James on Christmas. Then, based on the NBA script, in their 2nd meeting this season, LeBron will drop a triple double on the Lakers.

Cry Havoc
12-25-2009, 03:27 AM
There's not a player in this league, maybe in the history of NBA who can really slow LeBron if his shot is on. The best defenders in league history would either be too small (Bowen, who had problem with big guard type players) or too slow to stay with LeBron.

Now, if James can't hit a shot... that's a different story, you back off a bit and give him space... but if that jumper's falling... you're screwed. End of story.

And LOL at Hornets fans talking about refs being biased for anyone who's playing the Lakers. :lol :lol :lol

BRHornet45
12-25-2009, 03:30 AM
There's not a player in this league, maybe in the history of NBA who can really slow LeBron if his shot is on. The best defenders in league history would either be too small (Bowen, who had problem with big guard type players) or too slow to stay with LeBron.

Now, if James can't hit a shot... that's a different story, you back off a bit and give him space... but if that jumper's falling... you're screwed. End of story.

And LOL at Hornets fans talking about refs being biased for anyone who's playing the Lakers. :lol :lol :lol

son they can't stop Lebron because they know that if they breathe on him the refs will put him at the line for freebies.

Allanon
12-25-2009, 11:44 AM
LeBron James no doubt will score 15, 18, maybe 20 points or more Friday against the Lakers.

LeBron averages 29 points; if he's around 20 or less, Laker Ron has more than done his job.

And i read this a month ago, only 2 star players who are above their average stats against Ron Artest; Kobe and Vince Carter. Every other star player is below his averages when facing Ron.

Zero_Twilight
12-25-2009, 11:48 AM
son of course Artest can stop Lebron. there is absolutely no question about that. HOWEVER, this isn't a real, legit basketball game ... this is the NBA, where players like Lebron are protected by the league from players like Artest who can stop him. People pay money to see stars like Lebron score 50 points, not get shut down by a great defensive player like Artest ..... I expect Lebron to get AT LEAST 15 freebie free throws tomorrow and Artest in early foul trouble.\

Dunno bout that Dad. RonRon is on the Lakers now. If he were still in Houston, or Sacramento:lol ... I can see foul number 3 before the 2nd quarter starts.

xtremesteven33
12-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Ron Artest is living off a reputation he made years ago. Artest has been burned by most superstars in the league and he will have no chance against Lebron one on one.

Artest's lateral quickness isnt there like it used to be so Lebron will run right past him most of the time. Kobe has a better shot at Lebron than Artest does...

23LeBronJames23
12-26-2009, 02:58 AM

:lmao

Culburn369
12-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Why, you O & 40 fuck, you. Casting us down!

namlook
12-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Ron Artest is living off a reputation he made years ago.

You are getting caught up in individual matchups and failing to see the big picture. Artest is still a force.

The Lakers are suddenly #1 in the league in FG% defense when the only change they made was to swap Ariza for Artest.

Yeah that's a coincidence. :rolleyes