PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be Awesome if.....

Zero_Twilight
12-25-2009, 03:30 AM
The Spurs had the Lakers in Round 1 of the playoffs? I would love to see it.

I doubt Timmy and company would be shaking in their sneaks.

HarlemHeat37
12-25-2009, 03:57 AM
no thanks..

if we're going to get eliminated any time before the WCF, I don't want it to be at the hands of the Lakers..for the obvious hatred reasons, but also for the Nazis on the NBA board taking over this side of the forum..

Muser
12-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Gonna have to beat them to get out of the west, first round or WCF.

mystargtr34
12-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Id rather not be eliminated in round 1... the more playoff games the better.. and more money for Holt which aint a bad thing given how much hes invested.

BadOdor
12-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Spurs are a first round knockout just waiting to happen.

urunobili
12-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Denver FTW

Zero_Twilight
12-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Gonna have to beat them to get out of the west, first round or WCF.

My thoughts exactly.

Kobe could use some fishing.

xtremesteven33
12-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Wouldnt it be awesome if the voices in Ron Artest's head turn on Kobe...

honestfool84
12-25-2009, 11:31 AM

haha, yes!

spurspokesman
12-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Merry xmas to all. On another note. Lets make the playoffs first. At the rate were playing it wouldnt be hard for a few teams to sneak up on us lol. But we will most likely make it as usual. Just havent looked like a playoff team lately.

spurspokesman
12-25-2009, 11:33 AM

That would help our cause:lmao

Zero_Twilight
12-25-2009, 11:42 AM

I can picture it now...

-Lakers having practice
-Kobe breaks RonRon's ankles and throws it down
-RonRon throws a metal crowbar at Kobe's ankles when he isn't looking
-Sasha shreiks
-Phil Jackson with an empty expression
-Riverwalk parade

Can't wait to tell my grandkids that story.

pawe
12-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I can picture it now...

-Lakers having practice
-Kobe breaks RonRon's ankles and throws it down
-RonRon throws a metal crowbar at Kobe's ankles when he isn't looking
-Sasha shreiks
-Phil Jackson with an empty expression
-Riverwalk parade

Can't wait to tell my grandkids that story.

Are you telling me you'll be proud to tell your grandkids that the Spurs of your era got the championship because the best team that season imploded?
Or would you rather tell them the story of the eight seeded Spurs beating a healthy roster of top seeded Laker dicks in an epic 7 game series.

dbestpro
12-25-2009, 12:07 PM
If we are going to be the 8th seed it means we are no better than we are now. I'd rather miss the playoffs and take a shot at the lottery.

Allanon
12-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Only a monumental collapse by the Lakers or the Spurs not finding their SPAM would lead to a first round Lakers/Spurs showdown.

Either scenario is kind of disappointing.

Chomag
12-25-2009, 12:33 PM
I would rather wait, and see how we fair aganst the Lakers this year first before even thinking about beating them in the playoffs.

Zero_Twilight
12-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Are you telling me you'll be proud to tell your grandkids that the Spurs of your era got the championship because the best team that season imploded?
Or would you rather tell them the story of the eight seeded Spurs beating a healthy roster of top seeded Laker dicks in an epic 7 game series.

Wow.....

Number 1: Google Nancy Kerrigan.

Number 2: It's Christmas, lighten the fuck up

mexicanjunior
12-25-2009, 01:54 PM
if we are going to be the 8th seed it means we are no better than we are now. I'd rather miss the playoffs and take a shot at the lottery.

+1

SenorSpur
12-25-2009, 02:01 PM
No. It would be awesome if the Spurs could somehow pry Rudy Gay away from the the Grizz.

And for the record, I agree. If the Spurs aren't good enough to secure one of the top four seeds in the West, I'd rather them see them head to the lottery too. There's is no reward or satistifaction for being mediocre or enduring first round playoff exits.

Muser
12-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Damn Rudy Gay would be awesome.

SpursWench21
12-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Allanons sig is hilarious!:lmao

Answering your thread, that would be pretty awesome...BUT assuming we somehow pulled it out, lots and lots of minutes and energy would be spent on that series.. which could then spell disaster from there on.. Nevertheless, that would be very satisfying to watch. :downspin:

Spursfan092120
12-25-2009, 04:03 PM
If they implode, they're not the best team of this season. Staying together is all part of teamwork.