Matt Harpring(expirer)
Nick Colllison
Byron Mullens
2 first rounder picks

NO trade

Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor
James Posey

NO is going nowhere this year, deep into tax . If Paul wants out , they can save 20 m + for the next couple years with this trade.
westbrook is not much a downgrade from Paul, they can rebuild around him.

OKC contends.

23LeBronJames23
12-25-2009, 12:10 PM
That would be a good trade for OKC. But it probably will never happen

redzero
12-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Retarded trade.

Venti Quattro
12-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Some trades are better off staying in the ESPN Trade Machine

Smooth Criminal
12-25-2009, 04:05 PM
OKC trade:

Russell Westbrook
Etan THomas(expirer)
Matt Harpring(expirer)
Nick Colllison
Byron Mullens
2 first rounder picks

NO trade

Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor
James Posey

NO is going nowhere this year, deep into tax . If Paul wants out , they can save 20 m + for the next couple years with this trade.
westbrook is not much a downgrade from Paul, they can rebuild around him.

OKC contends.
http://socialmedialawstudent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vader-fail1.jpg

BRHornet45
12-25-2009, 06:23 PM
wonderful idea! come on Shinn, Bower, water boy, or whoever the hell is our new GM ... pull the trigger!

Findog
12-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Retarded trade.

That would be a great trade for New Orleans. They'll have to trade him before 2012 anyways.

Hornets1
12-25-2009, 07:32 PM
That would be a great trade for New Orleans. They'll have to trade him before 2012 anyways.

If we are trading Paul and Okafor, I'm pretty sure we could get more talent than just westbrook. A Great Trade? Far from it...........:bang

Rogue
12-25-2009, 07:32 PM
This proposal stinks exactly as bad as the OP does. even if NO wants to sell CP before 2012, naturally their expectations should be far bigger talents than Westerbrook who in my humble opinion is the only asset valuable in the pack from OKC. Not to mention Okafor also values way bigger than those trashes+picks

Peroration: The OP is an idiot.

Hornets1
12-25-2009, 07:34 PM
This proposal stinks exactly as bad as the OP does. even if NO wants to sell CP before 2012, naturally their expectations should be far bigger talents than Westerbrook who in my humble opinion is the only asset valuable in the pack from OKC. Not to mention Okafor also values way bigger than those trashes+picks

Peroration: The OP is an idiot.

+10000:toast

Rogue
12-25-2009, 07:35 PM
If we are trading Paul and Okafor, I'm pretty sure we could get more talent than just westbrook. A Great Trade? Far from it...........:bang
Although his irony fails to make any fun, still it's shallowly apparent that Findog was joking about it, the same way some Hornets fan deride us Mavs fans including Ghazi and his wife.

Findog
12-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Okafor's not that great and has an insane Dampier-like contract. Posey has a bad contract too. Westbrook is a talented young PG, you're getting rid of two bad contracts in Posey and Okafor, you're getting two instant expirers in Etan Thomas and Harpring, and 2 first-rounders. That's a terrific trade under the circumstances. The Hornets are in a vice-grip: Paul is the franchise and more than anybody else established New Orleans as a viable basketball town. Trading him probably murders professional basketball there in the near future. But given their cap situation and their current roster construction, they're a fringe playoff team in the West. I just don't see how they can get better. That trade would allow them to do what the Zombie Sonics did and rebuild for the future.

Hornets1
12-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Although his irony fails to make any fun, still it's shallowly apparent that Findog was joking about it, the same way some Hornets fan deride us Mavs fans including Ghazi and his wife.

The difference is that I don't go to a thread that concerns the Mavs just to talk shit like Ghazi and some other mavs fans

BTW, how offended can Ghazi be about ppl making fun of his wife when, in reality, he doesn't even have one?

Hornets1
12-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Okafor's not that great and has an insane Dampier-like contract. Posey has a bad contract too. Westbrook is a talented young PG, you're getting rid of two bad contracts in Posey and Okafor, you're getting two instant expirers in Etan Thomas and Harpring, and 2 first-rounders. That's a terrific trade under the circumstances. The Hornets are in a vice-grip: Paul is the franchise and more than anybody else established New Orleans as a viable basketball town. Trading him probably murders professional basketball there in the near future. But given their cap situation and their current roster construction, they're a fringe playoff team in the West. I just don't see how they can get better. That trade would allow them to do what the Zombie Sonics did and rebuild for the future.

I see what you're saying; I think we could get a B-Roy type player if we were going to do that type of trade; Westbrook is a very solid player, but if we are trading the best PG on the planet, we would have to get a great player in return. Like when the sonics traded ray allen and got jeff green.

Rogue
12-25-2009, 07:45 PM
is trimming a couple bad contracts worth losing your best two players? As you mentioned, Hornets are still more or less a playoff team and CP's contract exceeds to 2012 summer, why shouldn't they remain what they are until one or two years later?

If the Hornets have solidified their mind to sell CP right now, I'm sure there're definitely many better offers out there from teams who're desperately lacking in a good PG, like Lakers. even if OKC is to get Okafor and CP, reasonably they need to lose more fortune than Westbrook only. Attaching Jeff Green would make this deal more practical IMHO.