PDA

View Full Version : duncan will not let us lose another game

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 12:20 AM
I have never seen Tim Duncan miss two right hooks in a row in my life, and i am a fan. Can you imagine how fucking angry Tim was at himself after doing that? It was he that was out there actually playing the game.

The fact is, everyone tonight but Nazr and Manu blew it. But Tim Duncan realizes this before all of us, and no matter how much Tim Duncan can possibly suck as a basketball player there is no way in the fieriest hell he's going to repeat this performance. I've thought about this.
Tim Duncan's performance and confidence is prone to going down within games but not between games. He's going to come back determined to own denver. And i fucking full well believe that next game is going to be a blowwwww out in our favor.

Spurs power, biatch, believe...[/end rant]

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Dude, Duncan is hurt, and hurt worse than we are are being led to believe. Can't you recognize that? He has no lift on his jumps.

The thing that sucks is Pop is going to take the same mentality as you regarding Tim and we're going to lose the series if he does that.

Tim's giving us all he can, but Pop's got to take the pressure off him at the offensive end.

Unfortunately I don't think he has the balls or the brains to do it.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 12:25 AM
okay, if he is really that hurt, then you are right

but tim duncan has the heart and soul of a champion, and even if he is hurt he still had an impact on tonights game, and still could have WON us tonights game...and next game he's only going to be healthier...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 12:29 AM
if he's really hurt

Dude, watch the game. He can't get off the fucking ground. He was spent the whole fourth quarter, you could tell. that's what pisses me off the most about Pop tonight. Tim was dragging ass, he had the combined vertical of Tpark and LakerGod, and we still forced it to him the whole quarter.

Dumb.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2005, 12:31 AM
He wasn't able to elevate on some good looks. Where's that quote where Tony Parker said he's going to play like he has nothing to prove? He looked like it tonight. Again. Also looks like Barry is suffering from Hedo's case of Pantiestootightus.

The Nuggs played well. I imagine that's about as well as they can play. I'll still shave my head if they win another game. The Spurs have responded to bad losses all year long. We'll see if they have the stones to turn it around.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 12:31 AM
I think it was good for him. Tim is still going to come next game more healthier than this game.

It was just one game. Home court advantage is bull shit if you think about it. If we are the best team we will beat every other team in a series. period.
Tim duncan is hurt, i knew this before posting, but he's going to get healthier, its fact.

He had an impact on tonights game, aggie, even u have to admit that. If he had this kind of impact being a fucking rasho-esque jumper, imagine what he can do if he still keeps improving.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Chuck and Kenny touched on another thing with Parker: he waltzed into SBC with Eva under his arm. WTF was that about?

Get your game face on kid, not your o-face.

1Parker1
04-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Is Tim hurting, or just being extra cautious not to sprain his ankle a 4th time? Also, he hasn't played more than 23+ minutes in over a month, of course he will be rusty/tired in the 4th. I agree with Can't be Faded, Duncan is the captain of the team and knows that he was a big part of the reason we lost tonight. I expect him to explode Wed. Same goes for Tony. Normally, Parker starts off the Playoff's hot and then cools off. I say this year he is going to explode.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 12:34 AM
we're getting away from our roots people

when tim gets healthy, we're going to start rolling teams over.

parker is a pussy in the clutch without timmy, we all know this.

ginobili should have been more selfish, but was out of gas.

barry was a tentative bitch.

beno was a rookie.

glenn robinson was text messaging on his celphone from the bench.

but if number 21 was okay, then all those other things wouldnt have mattered. When tim gets healthy we are going to win this series.........believe bitches....

mouse
04-25-2005, 12:36 AM
I bet most of you still put your tooth under your pillows...:lmao

face it ..........

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Spurs-Suck.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Tim is still going to come next game more healthier than this game.

It was just one game.

Tim has looked like shit the last two weeks. It's not going to get better, he is out there hobbling around worrying about stepping on someone's foot.

Home court advantage is bull shit if you think about it. If we are the best team we will beat every other team in a series. period.

It's not bullshit when you have the league's best home court record this year, and only the seventh best road record.

Nor when you have to go to someplace with altitude problems like Denver.

I never said TD didn't have an impact on the game, why you are even going there is beyond me.

My problem is that Duncan had no lift on his shots (for all you people crying about him missing three footers), and Pop insisted on forcing it into him. That pisses me off. Dude's hurt, winded, hobbling, spent, and you've got four other guys out there with him yet you keep forcing it into him. That's fucking stupid.

firepopovich
04-25-2005, 12:37 AM
duncan will not let us lose another game

but pop will

1Parker1
04-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Also, I think the HCA thing was overated anyways. It's not as if the Spurs would have been able to waltz to a championshop without winning on the road or during close/intense games. A true championship team fights through the adversity it faces in the Playoff's. That's what always makes it a great memory in people's minds when they look back on the team--the miracle shots, the tough road game that was won,...and coming back from being 0-1 to win the series.

boutons
04-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Game faces? pre-game intensity? seriousness and concentration in the warmups? That's the way I and the teams I played took game days and pre-game.

But apparently the Spurs are always lackadaisical and joking around in warm-ups. WTF, they're 59-23. No worries. They can just flip the switch in the playoffs, they can flip the switch at jump ball.

mouse
04-25-2005, 12:39 AM
but pop will

^RACK HIM ^ :lmao

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Dude, Duncan is hurt, and hurt worse than we are are being led to believe. Can't you recognize that? He has no lift on his jumps.

When has Duncan ever had lift??
and how is he hurt worse than we are led to believe? He said he's 75 - 80% and thats what he looked tonight. He had a bad fourth quarter, BUT WHO DIDN'T.

Did you think this series was going to be easy?

calm down... ITS NOT OVER!!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 12:41 AM
aggie, im mentioning tim's impact because you have to keep that in mind at all times.

he's a hobbled, no hops bitch right now, whatever, with him on the floor we still played shitloads better than with him off. Sure he missed alot of point blank shots. But someone with no hops still could have nailed those shots.

The point is, with him being a cripple, we still had a good chance to win this game!!!!

Nazr is proving he can fucking bang, and bang well, with the denver bigs, that takes some slack off of duncan
I truely believe Duncan's play is more due to being mentally tentative than physically incapable.
I know he's still injured, but he played hte game better than, say, kenyon martin, of the nuggets, and that stuttering bitch is 100% healthy. Duncan will get better, his conditioning will be better, but most importantly, his fucking mindset and determination will be focused like a LASER

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 12:44 AM
It's not just about Duncan's three footers. It's about him having the mobility to defend and block shots like we have seen him do in the past.

It's about him not settling for the three footers and fucking stuffing it in someone's face.

It's about him being able to play more than 20 minutes without tugging on his shorts like he was tonight.

We can't even get 25 minutes out of Tim without him calling for oxygen, when we used to count on him for 40 minutes a night.

If he can't run 25 minutes at sea level in SA, what's he going to do a mile high in Denver? Have you ever played sports? You don't wake up with great conditioning in three day's time, it just doesn't happen.

If that's lost on you I have nothing further to say.

Pop needs to recognize that he'll get MORE out of Duncan if he looks for the offense in other places on this team. We've got enough scorers to make it happen. And further, you've got guys who are chomping at the bit to do it but not getting an opportunity because their sole role in the offense is to make the entry pass to Tim.

Duncan's not going to be able to carry this team at both ends in the condition he's in right now (and it's going to be significantly better for any of the possible first round games). You need to recognize that. Pop needs to recognize that. It's gonna be a short series if he doesn't.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 12:44 AM
the people who are jumping off the bandwagon (cough alvarez cough) and the people who are just flat out pissed have to remember that as bad as we still played tonight as a whole, if we just play defense for the last 40 seconds of the 2nd quarter, if nazr hits his free throws, if duncan hits a 2 foot hook shot

we win tonight

freak accidents happen, get over it, wednesday is a new day. I seriously doubt all that shit will happen again

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 12:48 AM
It's not a freak accident when you've been doing the same shit in the playoffs the last 6 years.

This isn't about one year. This is about tendencies on offense that span various players.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 12:49 AM
yeah man, dont worry, all us real fans know of the spurs tendencies....

but most of those tendencies were against laker-esque teams

this team has gone through 4th quarter droughts many times over the years, and many times in this season

but ask yourself

when have you seen it two games in a row

because i've watched almost every watchable game for 3 years and i haven't seen that shit once

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 01:00 AM
when have you seen it two games in a row

I saw it four games in a row last year. And in '02. And in '01.

Look, Pop has a very obvious pucker factor in the playoffs. Like a lot of great defensive coaches (in all sports, not just hoops), he preaches defense and a conservative offense as being the key to a title.

It doesn't matter who we're playing in the playoffs, when it's put up or shut up time, Pop goes ultraconservative on offense.

If you watched every game for 3 years and haven't seen us do that, particularly in the playoffs, maybe you're watching some teams out in the east or something. I don't know what else to say.

Fuck, in '02 you had Horry and Rick Fox both laughing in interviews about us doing the same shit on offense every play of fourth quarters when they were asked why they defensed the Spurs so well.

Did Pop change? Hell no, he ran the same shit. Pop can't adjust in a series. He waits to the off-season and then makes some personnel changes. It's his one fault as a coach.

I don't want the man fired, I just want him to acknowledge his very real and obvous offensive shortcomings and go out and get himself an offensive guru.

I've said for two years now we should grab either the head coach or the top assistant from the Argentinian national team to come in and run it for us.

We've got enough athleticism on the wings to make it happen, we've got good passers in our big men, and with all of our international talent an offense like that utilizing motion and movement is more in line with the style they're comfortable playing anyway.

If you like what Pop runs on offense, then you need to be on him to go out and sign a bunch of three point shooters who can post up around Duncan.

And finally, it's not all Pop's fault. The players made some stupid mistakes tonight too. They just get enough blame on this site from the hatas, and I've seen the same shit out of Pop enough to know that the problem ain't going away anytime soon.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:03 AM
I saw it four games in a row last year. And in '02. And in '01.

Look, Pop has a very obvious pucker factor in the playoffs. Like a lot of great defensive coaches (in all sports, not just hoops), he preaches defense and a conservative offense as being the key to a title.

It doesn't matter who we're playing in the playoffs, when it's put up or shut up time, Pop goes ultraconservative on offense.

If you watched every game for 3 years and haven't seen us do that, particularly in the playoffs, maybe you're watching some teams out in the east or something. I don't know what else to say.

Fuck, in '02 you had Horry and Rick Fox both laughing in interviews about us doing the same shit on offense every play of fourth quarters when they were asked why they defensed the Spurs so well.

Did Pop change? Hell no, he ran the same shit. Pop can't adjust in a series. He waits to the off-season and then makes some personnel changes. It's his one fault as a coach.

I don't want the man fired, I just want him to acknowledge his very real and obvous offensive shortcomings and go out and get himself an offensive guru.

I've said for two years now we should grab either the head coach or the top assistant from the Argentinian national team to come in and run it for us.

We've got enough athleticism on the wings to make it happen, we've got good passers in our big men, and with all of our international talent an offense like that utilizing motion and movement is more in line with the style they're comfortable playing anyway.

If you like what Pop runs on offense, then you need to be on him to go out and sign a bunch of three point shooters who can post up around Duncan.

And finally, it's not all Pop's fault. The players made some stupid mistakes tonight too. They just get enough blame on this site from the hatas, and I've seen the same shit out of Pop enough to know that the problem ain't going away anytime soon.

this is a great point. We did run alot of set plays tonight, one thing i have been wondering (and maybe this deserves another thread)
Where has the motion offense gone?????????

i've kept saying the guys have been playing off page of each other all night, its like they kept fucking up the plays.....has pop not been running motion lately? This was the key to our late season success last year, and when we run it, Pop doesn't have to worry about calling offensive plays

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Dude, Duncan is hurt, and hurt worse than we are are being led to believe.

Duncan said tonight that he was a little fatigued in the 4th but that he doesn't feel hurt at all. He just said that he had a bad night; that he's not hurting.

You can take that for what it's worth. Obviously he doesn't have rhythm and he's still somewhat tenative. But he's not "worse than we are being led to believe". He even played more minutes tonight than Pop had planned to use him -- that wouldn't happen if he were more hurt.

I talked to Rasho after the game. Hopefully he'll be back by Wednesday. The Spurs need him to defend the paint.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Duncan said tonight that he was a little fatigued in the 4th but that he doesn't feel hurt at all. He just said that he had a bad night; that he's not hurting.

You can take that for what it's worth. Obviously he doesn't have rhythm and he's still somewhat tenative. But he's not "worse than we are being led to believe". He even played more minutes tonight than Pop had planned to use him -- that wouldn't happen if he were more hurt.

I talked to Rasho after the game. Hopefully he'll be back by Wednesday. The Spurs need him to defend the paint.

Kori if i could be you for today i woulda regulated on the team then tell them to keep their heads up
did you do that????

polandprzem
04-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Wow kori is so calm.

I'm telling you guys - Listen to Kori

Aggie Hoopsfan
We did the same thing last year man. We ran motion all year, then the moment we lost a game to LA it was "oh shit, gotta go back to *what works*"

Three games of posting up Duncan exclusively later, it was time to go fishing.

thispego
change my thing from "bones owns you" to "blinded by rage from the loss that i've given up on the season"
Oh wait.. it's a seven game series, my bad... :rolleyes
cant be faded is right, Tim was f'm pissed at the end of the game toinight, because neither his shots nor anyone elses' wearing silver and white were falling... this wont happen again... the looks were there, we just couldnt make it work this time.....

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I must strenuously object!!!

Sometimes the obvious answer is the best one, and we lost last year because of the collective incapability of hitting outside jumpers. There was motion throughout that series, you can't say for games 4-6 we ran straight up 2002 style "give duncan the ball and wait" offense

we had guys driving and jumping into the lane with little success, but we had guys taking and clanking jumpers, we just did not hit them
(1345 dollars in vbookie cash, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????)

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
we ran two plays last year:

One, post up Duncan. Two, pick and roll with Parker driving into the whole Lakers defense.

In short, right into the teeth of the Laker D. It was a recipe for disaster, and Pop never adjusted.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:17 AM
aggie, will you at least concede to me the fact that duncan cant be WORSE than tonight on wednesday

if you do

then that indirectly means you too believe we're going to play better....

Dre_7
04-27-2005, 10:03 PM

The thing that sucks is Pop is going to take the same mentality as you regarding Tim and we're going to lose the series if he does that.

Tim's giving us all he can, but Pop's got to take the pressure off him at the offensive end.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 10:10 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

SpursFanDan
04-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Kind of like the mavs season is mouse?.. why dont you just go back to kissing cubans ass.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM

:lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 11:10 PM
It's not just about Duncan's three footers. It's about him having the mobility to defend and block shots like we have seen him do in the past.

It's about him not settling for the three footers and fucking stuffing it in someone's face.

It's about him being able to play more than 20 minutes without tugging on his shorts like he was tonight.

We can't even get 25 minutes out of Tim without him calling for oxygen, when we used to count on him for 40 minutes a night.

If he can't run 25 minutes at sea level in SA, what's he going to do a mile high in Denver? Have you ever played sports? You don't wake up with great conditioning in three day's time, it just doesn't happen.

If that's lost on you I have nothing further to say.

Pop needs to recognize that he'll get MORE out of Duncan if he looks for the offense in other places on this team. We've got enough scorers to make it happen. And further, you've got guys who are chomping at the bit to do it but not getting an opportunity because their sole role in the offense is to make the entry pass to Tim.

Duncan's not going to be able to carry this team at both ends in the condition he's in right now (and it's going to be significantly better for any of the possible first round games). You need to recognize that. Pop needs to recognize that. It's gonna be a short series if he doesn't.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin

T Park
04-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah Duncan looked really hurt out there tonight..

Cant_Be_Faded
04-28-2005, 12:17 AM
dont reply to the nonbelievers with words reply to them with these:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol