PDA

View Full Version : can signing bosh happen?

spectator
12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
hey guys,
i was wondering given that we are committed to spend money in the next 3 years, can we sign bosh next year?

my reasoning is that if we subject ourselves to this much money into the roster, we choose not to sign ginobili next year (i am assuming he does not improve) and try to get bosh for 5-6 years starting at 10 mil in the first year, then 15 in the second year (when we get rid of RJ's salary), 16-17 in the third year and 20+ afterward (since we get rid of TD's salary).

i'm thinking bosh would like to play on this team, would make great money, and would play in tx. this sounds like a better option to playing with d-wade or staying in toronto. again, i am not sure we can be so selective in determining money levels per year, but it would surely be nice to have 2 strong players in the front-court.

thoughts?

Muser
12-26-2009, 08:13 PM
If he wants to take a massive pay cut then sure.

murpjf88
12-26-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm not convinced manu is done. I'm also not convinced the spurs will let him walk unless their is injury concerns. Bosh is going to want money. The spurs will not be able to offer him a max contract. Other teams will be able to pay the big bucks to bring him in. (ie. NY, Miami) Spurs chances are slim to none.

Chieflion
12-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Did the threadstarter forget about the salary cap? This ain't the MLB.

Sigz
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
What a mouth breather thread.

wijayas
12-26-2009, 08:44 PM
my reasoning is that if we subject ourselves to this much money into the roster, we choose not to sign ginobili next year (i am assuming he does not improve) and try to get bosh for 5-6 years starting at 10 mil in the first year, then 15 in the second year (when we get rid of RJ's salary), 16-17 in the third year and 20+ afterward (since we get rid of TD's salary).

Pop will not let this to happen. As much as Pop has the "love" for Finley", his "thing" for Manu is even greater!

Remember how Pop defended Manu after he stupidly fouled Dirk leading to three-point play, overtime and finally lost it despite Duncan 41 points? Yes, Pop has that much love for Manu. Don't even think of trading Pop's jewel!

spectator
12-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Did the threadstarter forget about the salary cap? This ain't the MLB.

i did not; i make the assumption that we spend this much money for the next 3 years (TD's window); that is the reason for which i wrote the salary ladder, so we keep ourselves within the same limits as before

Chieflion
12-26-2009, 08:52 PM
i did not; i make the assumption that we spend this much money for the next 3 years (TD's window); that is the reason for which i wrote the salary ladder, so we keep ourselves within the same limits as before
No. You can't do that. You don't know how the salary cap works at all.

Spursfan 87
12-26-2009, 08:59 PM
sign and trade

Zero_Twilight
12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
If the Spurs can somehow bring Bosh over, the Spurs will be contenders even after Timmy retires. Can you imagine him beside Blair? We'll be offensive rebounding leaders.

Bosh often complains about the lack of respect he gets. I agree with him and playing in SA will help him gain the respect he deserves. Not to mention improving his overall game including defense.

It's a pipe dream.

dbestpro
12-26-2009, 10:22 PM
sign and trade

This is the one trade that could move Parker.

pawe
12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
If the Spurs can somehow bring Bosh over, the Spurs will be contenders even after Timmy retires. Can you imagine him beside Blair? We'll be offensive rebounding leaders.

Bosh often complains about the lack of respect he gets. I agree with him and playing in SA will help him gain the respect he deserves. Not to mention improving his overall game including defense.

It's a pipe dream.

He will not get the the proper respect he expects when he plays for SA. I even think he will have a hard time focusing on his game because he will be replacing TD and that will bring pressure. - IF a miracle happens and he ends up in SA

Ditty
12-26-2009, 11:18 PM
I hope he can stay one more year after this season so when we will have alot of money in 2011 we can sign him

lefty
12-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Get rid of Parker and Bonner, sign Bosh and start Hill

murpjf88
12-26-2009, 11:43 PM
I heard he wants to play next to Duncan even if it means taking the MLE.

:p

where did you hear that?

murpjf88
12-26-2009, 11:44 PM

Hill is not a true point guard. That would leave us with no point guard.

murpjf88
12-26-2009, 11:49 PM
I was totally kidding man.

:toast

lefty
12-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Hill is not a true point guard. That would leave us with no point guard.

Parker is not a true PG either

Chieflion
12-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Naw, I know that Bosh was the main player the Spurs wanted to get out of the 2010 plan, but RJ ended up being the result. Still I guess there might be some kind of trade possibility. The Raptors will likely figure out that Bosh will walk to get out of Toronto and in turn the Raptors will be open to trade ideas. If the Spurs offer Parker I can't see anyone offering a better player without an expiring contract. Maybe a swap of first round picks could happen too! I am loving the way this draft class is shaping up.
Funny thing you are saying. If we take Bosh, that means we have to take Calderon too.

Indazone
12-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Not if we get him first :)

Zero_Twilight
12-27-2009, 06:19 AM
He will not get the the proper respect he expects when he plays for SA. I even think he will have a hard time focusing on his game because he will be replacing TD and that will bring pressure. - IF a miracle happens and he ends up in SA

Cmon man, think before you speak.:nope

TD is not going to retire for a few more years. He will ride till the wheels fall off.

In the back of his mind somewhere, I'm sure he wants to play a role similar to David Robinson; being an anchor for another aspiring Big. Bosh could be that guy.

He's already taking Blair under his wing but "oh my Bosh" if it were to happen.

kace
12-27-2009, 06:39 AM

that's just hilarious how guys like you just find a way to bash Parker in every fucking thread opened in this forum.

lame and pathetic. In every damn thread that i read, you have dbestpro, lefty, TDMVPDPOY and assholes like this bitching about Parker, even if it's not a thread Parker's related.

Muser
12-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Damn, if there was a way to move parker and other fillers to get Bosh and Calderon, damn this team would be scary. I know it's a pipe dream but wow..

exstatic
12-27-2009, 09:34 AM
SA won't trade for Bosh, let alone Bosh AND Calderon.

I also read somewhere that Bosh doesn't want to play in TX. Don't ask for a link, because I don't have one.

Mark in Austin
12-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Bosh wants Max money/years but isn't a Max player.

Pass.

Josepatches_
12-27-2009, 02:09 PM

trade tp for Bosh would be great

Ryvin1
12-27-2009, 02:44 PM
SA won't trade for Bosh, let alone Bosh AND Calderon.

I also read somewhere that Bosh doesn't want to play in TX. Don't ask for a link, because I don't have one.

strange I remember the opposite that he want to play in Texas... hmm I think he'll just go to who will pay him the most, no matter the location.

Big P
12-27-2009, 03:50 PM
The 2010 plan went out the door when we traded for RJ. We will not be able to sign Bosh. IMO The FO felt they had a better chance at being competitive during TD's twilight years if they did a slight overhaul(see the RJ trade) as opposed to a complete overhaul(this was the only way we were going to be players in the 2010 FA bonanza.

Things could change a bit if the FO decides to jettison RJ's contract next year, but I think that even if that did happen, we would still not be in contention for a FA like Bosh. IMO our best bet would be to look for a young team like Memphis or Atlanta & trade RJ & his ending contract for picks & young players, unless Atlanta wants to s&t Joe Johnson for RJ, I would be happy with that also....so many possibilities.

Zero_Twilight
12-27-2009, 04:40 PM
strange I remember the opposite that he want to play in Texas... hmm I think he'll just go to who will pay him the most, no matter the location.

It wasn't an article but I did see him on TV saying that he wasn't home sick for Texas and playing in Texas isn't one of his main priorities. He ended it off with a "but you never know."

In my opinion, he's the kind of guy who will follow where the money is. He'll probably go to Golden State or something.

Zero_Twilight
12-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Let me tell you people something who insist on moving Parker.

If you get rid of Parker, you will destroy this team's chances of winning anything....period.

If you can't recognize this fact, then you need to follow another team.

Chieflion
12-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Let me tell you people something who insist on moving Parker.

If you get rid of Parker, you will destroy this team's chances of winning anything....period.

If you can't recognize this fact, then you need to follow another team.
Even for a big star like Bosh who can carry a team offensively for an entire season? LOL you mad?

Zero_Twilight
12-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Even for a big star like Bosh who can carry a team offensively for an entire season? LOL you mad?

I would love to have Bosh, but giving up Parker is asking too much. This isn't even up for debate.

Chieflion
12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
I would love to have Bosh, but giving up Parker is asking too much. This isn't even up for debate.
This is getting too homer. Bosh >>> Parker easily.

Zero_Twilight
12-27-2009, 06:06 PM
This is getting too homer. Bosh >>> Parker easily.

Hey, nobody is stopping you from rooting for the Raptors to win the LOB...:lobt2:

I love it when Bosh brings the ball up court, breaks a defenders ankles, passes it to himself and penetrates for the bucket.

Chieflion
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey, nobody is stopping you from rooting for the Raptors to win the LOB...:lobt2:

I love it when Bosh brings the ball up court, breaks a defenders ankles, passes it to himself and penetrates for the bucket.
Is it a crime to believe that Bosh is an excellent player stuck on a weak defensive team? Take the homer glasses off.

BackHome
12-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Dude if you could move Parker for Bosh you do it "IN A NEW YORK MINUTE" I love Parker but our need for a big has been much more then a need for a PG. So if we could move Paker and Bonner and say a future first rounder for Bosh then do it and do it with a smile. Is this going to happen NO...but it is Christmas time............

clubalien
12-27-2009, 07:14 PM
lebron>bosh

Zero_Twilight
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Is it a crime to believe that Bosh is an excellent player stuck on a weak defensive team? Take the homer glasses off.

You're the basketball expert....

Chieflion
12-27-2009, 08:27 PM
You're the basketball expert....
It doesn't take a genius to figure out Bosh is a better player than Parker.