PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

Frenzy
12-26-2009, 09:10 PM
so who's gonna spend money on these this year? Anyone posting pics?

To my understanding...Since there are no restrictions on the sale and use of fireworks in the county, there will be no safe zones provided by the vendors this holiday season.However, it is illegal to sell, purchase or possess fireworks within San Antonio city limits.

My question is this...what's considered "inside the city limits"??

To my understanding inside the city limits was/is inside 410. Anyone know for sure or have map? I don't wanna get fined...again :rolleyes

no guessing :nope

facts please.

BlackSwordsMan
12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
don't bring any on a plane whatever you do

marini martini
12-26-2009, 11:46 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Rain_allows_more_fireworks_this_year.html

benefactor
12-26-2009, 11:54 PM
I'll probably go out to my brother's house. They live out in the sticks and he always has a bonfire/fireworks on New Years Eve.

Bukefal
12-27-2009, 06:50 AM
I used to buy fireworks alot. But yeah its crazy expensive. I dont do it anymore. It's giving money for nothing.

greyforest
12-27-2009, 09:33 AM
only fireworks worth buying are artillery shell

marini martini
12-27-2009, 10:57 AM
only fireworks worth buying are artillery shell

He he!:toast

Frenzy
12-27-2009, 11:16 AM
He he!:toast
did i miss something...was there a picture of a map or something on your provided link? Sometimes my pc don't show pics so i was wondering if it did or didn't. Cause I already knew all that :depressed

exstatic
12-27-2009, 05:13 PM
so who's gonna spend money on these this year? Anyone posting pics?

To my understanding...Since there are no restrictions on the sale and use of fireworks in the county, there will be no safe zones provided by the vendors this holiday season.However, it is illegal to sell, purchase or possess fireworks within San Antonio city limits.

My question is this...what's considered "inside the city limits"??

To my understanding inside the city limits was/is inside 410. Anyone know for sure or have map? I don't wanna get fined...again :rolleyes

no guessing :nope

facts please.

San Antonio had expanded SO far outside of 410, it isn't funny. STONE OAK is in the city limits now, and it's outside 1604.

Get a map.

ashbeeigh
12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
San Antonio had expanded SO far outside of 410, it isn't funny. STONE OAK is in the city limits now, and it's outside 1604.

Get a map.

That was my reaction too. When the city did not enforce this ban in the early mid 90s the city limits were even outside 410. Just sayin'.

marini martini
12-27-2009, 11:24 PM
did i miss something...was there a picture of a map or something on your provided link? Sometimes my pc don't show pics so i was wondering if it did or didn't. Cause I already knew all that :depressed

Artillery shells, like for you weapons!:toast

Frenzy
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Artillery shells, like for you weapons!:toast

:grim:

The Gemini Method
12-28-2009, 07:09 PM
No fireworks for LA and LA County, but they have rolled out the anti-firing guns in the air ads since last week.

katyon6th
12-28-2009, 09:07 PM
A couple of years ago my Aunt and Uncle won $1,000 worth of fireworks. My younger brother almost blew up their house. True story.

Frenzy
12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
update:

since I asked around not one person could give me a straight answer on what is "inside the city limits" actually is. Sure you drive down a road and you see a sign that says "now leaving the san antonio city limits" but like 5 seconds later you see another "entering the san antonio city limits" or worse.... you see "now leaving the san antonio city limits" again. Like wtf I just saw that. So any who... I called the SAPD. Was I expecting a straight answer from them?... you know.. for split second I did.

hard to remember what happen but I'll try.()

SAPD: sapd can I help you?
me: yeah I just had a question
SAPD: ok?
me: I learned on the news fireworks are illegal only inside the city limits right?
SAPD: that's correct sir
me:well I'm a little confused what excatly counts as outside the city limits?
SAPD: well it's anything outside of san antonio sir
me: right... but where is that exactly?
SAPD: sir it's outside the city limits..
me: right... but where... like if i wanted pop fireworks with out getting fined... where can i do that?
SAPD: outside of san antonio.
me:...but where is that!?
SAPD:..I cant answer that it's everywhere that is not san antonio.
me:...(silence)
SAPD:just driver down and see a sign that says "leaving the san antonio city limits"
me: (sarcaism) oh so i can pop then near the sign?
SAPD: no it must be 5000 ft away.
me:ok so 5,001 feet from the sign?
SAPD: i'm not sure i cant speak for the next town and their laws
me:(laughing) wow this is kinda confusing how is one person suppose to know?
SAPD: it's cause no one wants you to pop fireworks
me: ok?
SAPD: they start fires
me: no all of them plus so do matches you know.
SAPD well go ahead and pop them where you are it's a 2,500$ fine.
me: that's it? oh ok i feel better now thanks.
SAPD: thank you

:rolleyes

After typing this I found out 410 and roosevelt is good. Guess I'll be crashing a sister's party. :toast