PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu

vincerodriguez23
04-25-2005, 01:06 AM
Guys, in 03 the Spurs lost a close game to Stephon Marburys Suns in Game 1 of the first round, and would then win the title. This series is still anyones series and it is NOT safe to say it is over yet.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 01:16 AM
Guys, in 03 the Spurs lost a close game to Stephon Marburys Suns in Game 1 of the first round, and would then win the title.

Tim Duncan brought that up tonight after the game.

Good point.

polandprzem
04-25-2005, 01:18 AM
I was talkig about that game before it started.

Damn me.
I shouldn't

mookie2001
04-25-2005, 01:20 AM
notwithstanding
it wouldve been to our advantage to win game 1

boutons
04-25-2005, 01:26 AM
The 05 Spurs are not the 03 Spurs. The 03 Spurs were NBA-best on the road, esp against playoff teams. The 05 Spurs have sucked on the road against playoff teams.

The 05 Nuggets are not the 03 Suns. The 03 Suns were were not 19-1 @PHX for the last 20 homes games like these Nuggets are @DEN.

The 03 Suns were 8th seed, the 05 Nuggets are 7th seed only because they fucked up the season before Karl. The Karl Nuggets are more like 4th or 5th seed.

There is simply no parallel between 03 and 05. But I appreciate Tim's effort to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.

The Spurs are now in very desperate straights, even if they win Wed.

MI21
04-25-2005, 01:36 AM
That team was completely different and we knew they had the characters on the team to fight it out.

whottt
04-25-2005, 06:20 AM
God help me...I agree with boutons...

We also lost the first game of 2000, 2001, and 2002...

This team reminds me of those teams more than the champion.

I know well the look of a Spurs team that is about to fail...and this team has that look...

And I've never seen Pop be able to get them to believe in themselves when they have that look...It gets worse.

Prove me wrong Pop!

slayermin
04-25-2005, 06:23 AM
Damn whottt, are we turning into the Sacramento Kings?

God, I hope not.

Nikos
04-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Sacto had key players injured in deciding (and non-deciding) playoff series and still always went down in Game 7 fighting.

I really do not understand why they get so much flac? Sure they choked a bit against Minnesotta last season, but even Webb wasn't 100% and no Bobby Jackson.

Can you imagine last season if the Spurs did not have Ginobili and Duncan was at 50% like he is now, and the Spurs ended up losing in 7? Would you call them chokers then?

GrandeDavid
04-25-2005, 06:26 AM
That's true, BUT, that game was literally stolen by the Suns. Stoudemire banking in a lucky ass three at the regulation buzzer to send it into overtime. Duncan missing two late key free throws and Marbury throwing in a banked running three to win it at as OT time expired.

Last night, Denver just flat beat the Spurs. Shut them down in the fourth in San Antonio. There is little comparison except, perhaps, for the play during the first few quarters and the end result.

I appreciate you drawing the comparison, all I'm saying is that the Spurs cannot feel like blind luck smacked them late in the fourth. At this point in time, Denver proved to be the better team. Hopefully that will all change on Wednesday.

Nikos
04-25-2005, 06:27 AM
That's true, BUT, that game was literally stolen by the Suns. Stoudemire banking in a lucky ass three at the regulation buzzer to send it into overtime. Duncan missing two late key free throws and Marbury throwing in a banked running three to win it at as OT time expired.

This is what I am talking about. The Spurs are not only shaky in the clutch, they are consistently unlucky as well (although the two are somewhat related).

whottt
04-25-2005, 06:32 AM
. At this point in time, Denver proved to be the better team. Hopefully that will all change on Wednesday.

If you look at the game on paper the Spurs were the better team in every facet of the game except TO's...

They shot better from the field and the line than the Nuggets, they hit the same number of threes.

They outreounded them.

They had more fast break points.

They had more points in the paint.

They had more assists.

They matched the Nuggets block total.

And even when talking TO's the Spurs had a strong second half in not turning it over...

This team lost this game mentally...they pressed and tried to force things....their offense went into the toilet and you had 5 guys trying to do it all by themselves rather than trying to do it together...

slayermin
04-25-2005, 06:45 AM
This team lost this game mentally...they pressed and tried to force things....their offense went into the toilet and you had 5 guys trying to do it all by themselves rather than trying to do it together...

I have to admit that the ball movement is lacking. Jeez, imagine what the Pistons would do to us.