PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hansbrough

VivaPopovich
12-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Terrible FG% but I believe he proved in last night's loss to Atlanta that he can be a factor in the NBA. Look for this kid to be a front runner for most-improved along with guys like Omri Casspi next season.

19 pts 11 rebs baaalin! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AsrcoJGGBIsSOtzdSgYDGwu8vLYF?gid=200 9122611)

jag
12-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Mr. Irrelevant: Hansbrough, I Hate Your Stupid Face (http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2008/03/28/hansbrough-i-hate-your-stupid-face/)
http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/hansbrough1.jpg

I'll give him credit though...he's fighting an uphill battle and so far he's doing pretty well.

VivaPopovich
12-27-2009, 07:27 AM
i'd love to have the kid here in SA coming up together with dejuan blair and george hill

and unlike the fantasies of getting kobe and tmac, tyler hansbrough is actually within our reach

BRHornet45
12-27-2009, 07:44 AM
sons the Utah Jazz desperately want him to replace Boozer next year.

Chieflion
12-27-2009, 08:13 AM
sons the Utah Jazz desperately want him to replace Boozer next year.
No way, Larry Bird is going to keep pursuing the next him and the player has got to be white.

Darthkiller
12-27-2009, 10:25 AM
did you watch the game .

he was +11 on the floor. a lot of those shots were 2nd chance points.

The TroutBum
12-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Him for Boozer? In a heartbeat.

BRHornet45
12-27-2009, 08:30 PM
sons in all seriousness though I really hope Tyler makes a name for himself in the NBA to help motivate white folk to play better ... it really is sad just how pathetic American born white players have become in this league.

BRHornet45
12-27-2009, 08:39 PM
You don't see a lot of whites because they can have success in life without playing a sport, unlike other people where it's bounce/pass/kick a ball for millions or selling crack.

ah ok ... then why is pro baseball, hockey, and golf dominated by white folk? according to you, white people have success elsewhere in life then why are the ones playing baseball, hockey, golf, etc. left out?

son the truth is that blacks are better than whites at basketball and football. there is nothing racist by saying that either. its simply just the facts. (even though the Utah Jazz have tried for decades to have success with white teams)

BadOdor
12-27-2009, 08:40 PM
ah ok ... then why is pro baseball, hockey, and golf dominated by white folk? according to you, white people have success elsewhere in life then why are the ones playing baseball, hockey, golf, etc. left out?

son the truth is that blacks are better than whites at basketball and football. there is nothing racist by saying that either. its simply just the facts. (even though the Utah Jazz have tried for decades to have success with white teams)

those are all high class sports son, wealthy white folk send their kids to play these, unlike the coons who play basketball/football in the ghetto, the o nly other alternative being selling drugs or working in 7/11.

mogrovejo
12-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I was worried about Hansbrough's rebounding coming into the season ... but he's been decent on the glass so far. Even if his numbers are a bit inflated by him rebounding his own misses, they're still encouraging. He isn't a very good rebounder for a big man, but I thought he was going to be a liability in the boards and that clearly isn't the case - boxes out very physically and his fastness running the floor allows him to go after balls in the offensive glass without hurting the transition defence. So yeah, he's better than I expected here - not only sooner, but plainly better.

Other than that:

- He's struggling with finishing plays around the rim but that will come in time. I wouldn't be worried about it. Guys like him (intelligent+physical) normally figure out ways to get their shots inside.

- He was hitting those mid-range jumpshots last season and he seems confident taking them, so it's mostly a matter of legs+experience+shot-selection.

- Another factor that is bringing his efficiency down is that he's trying to create his own shot way too often for a rookie (especially being one coming off injury). His stats would look better if he was mostly playing off of his teammates, being more opportunistic. But if he's playing this way is because the coaches are encouraging him to do so (and why not? he's already made some big shots for them), so more power to him. It'll help him to figure out things quicker.

- He became a half-decent defender sooner than I thought as well. I particularly like him defending down low. Still too clumsy, indisciplined and raw at times, but that is to be expected.

Hansbrough should become a good scoring role player in the league. Maybe a little better than the 3rd big I was predicting him to become post-draft, but around that. He's a valuable player to have, the proverbial pain in the *** for the opponents team.

The TroutBum
12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
He got a double double tonight -- 10 points, 10 boards... Didn't make a field goal.

The TroutBum
12-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh ya, black people suck.

Mormon Jazz Fan
12-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh ya, black people suck.

Amen sons, btw THE GREAT clayton Townsley Jr. is pissed that you're no longer going to the meetings. Whenever you plan on joining the koz again, remember to not use naked men in your avatars, we views gays as enemies as well.

Sigz
12-27-2009, 10:16 PM

Shut the fuck you faggot.

noob cake
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
He got a double double tonight -- 10 points, 10 boards... Didn't make a field goal.

Corey Maggette version of PF. Scrubs like him ruin Basketball for all of us.

BRHornet45
12-27-2009, 10:43 PM
hmmm 10 freebies from the refs tonight. trying to help him out a bit there huh

Mavs_man_41
12-28-2009, 12:45 AM
hmmm 10 freebies from the refs tonight. trying to help him out a bit there huh

or maybe he's a banger and that's why he's getting fouled, he just hasn't adjusted to banging with the bigger more physical guys in the nba so his shots aren't falling yet. i thought you at least pretended to know basketball? a guy that does dirty work around the rim is going to get to the line