PDA

View Full Version : Visiting San Antonio first week of Jan - Need Some Help!

SPURS21
12-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm going to book a last minute 3 day trip to San Antonio the week after next to catch the Spurs/Detroit game at the SBC Centre on January 6th. I haven't been to San Antonio since I went to game 1 of the 99' Finals when I was about 14 so I am not familiar with the area. I'm booking a last minute hotel via hotwire.com and do not plan on renting a car while I am there. My question is - What is a good area to get a hotel in? Just want to be in a loacation that is central todo the usual tourist sight seeing. The options that hotwire lists are as follows:

SA Downtown South
Riverwalk North
Riverwalk South

Thanks in advance for your help.

blkroadrunners
12-27-2009, 02:48 PM
What does your budget look like while u are in SA? Are u looking for a high-cost, high quality hotel, or are u looking for something moderate, or a hotel cheap and inexpensive?

SPURS21
12-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Not sure if you are familiar with hotwire.com but this is how it works:

I give them the details for what I want ie. 3 star rating, required ammenities, check-in, check-out etc. and they will garauntee me a hotel that meets these requirements within the general vicinity of the above mentioned districts. I really just need to know which one is the most central for sight seeing.

Spursmania
12-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Not sure if you are familiar with hotwire.com but this is how it works:

I give them the details for what I want ie. 3 star rating, required ammenities, check-in, check-out etc. and they will garauntee me a hotel that meets these requirements within the general vicinity of the above mentioned districts. I really just need to know which one is the most central for sight seeing.

Riverwalk North. Good Luck:toast

Spursmania
12-27-2009, 03:11 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/travel/thisweek/stories/DN-riverwalk_0729tra.ART.State.Edition1.17df3a6.html

This guide should help and have fun:toast

blkroadrunners
12-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Try Riverwalk North and/or South. Also try finding out where's the Grand Hyatt, Marriott, and La Quinta Hotels (all downtown, but I forgot whether they were in Riverwalk N or S but I know they are right on/by Commerce St.). Pretty sure it's Riverwalk N like Spursmania stated. In that area, you have closer access to the Riverwalk, the mall, clubs/bars, resturants, etc. Hope this helps.

DesignatedT
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
marriott or hyatt if its in your budget

td_tp_manu
12-27-2009, 11:21 PM
near convention center. La Quinta or Hyatt.

Spursmania
12-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Right next to the AT&T center, the closer the better. It's real classy.

:nope lol...

I. Hustle
12-28-2009, 09:50 AM
It won't show up but there is the Rainbow motel on the city's west side. Usually they are very very expensive but I think they are running deals during that time and you can probably get a room for about $24. Be sure to bring cash only and let people know that you are carrying cash on you while you are there. Feel free to take a stroll around this part of town and get to know the locals. I would recommend visiting the Alazan Courts.

SPURS21
12-29-2009, 07:49 PM
It won't show up but there is the Rainbow motel on the city's west side. Usually they are very very expensive but I think they are running deals during that time and you can probably get a room for about $24. Be sure to bring cash only and let people know that you are carrying cash on you while you are there. Feel free to take a stroll around this part of town and get to know the locals. I would recommend visiting the Alazan Courts.

You're hilarious!