PDA

View Full Version : Nazr Haters out There

dbreiden83080
04-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Even though we lose tonight Nazr played one hell of a game out there. We need to stop with all the Nzar hating, especially you Kori i could not believe you actually said on roundtable that Rasho is the best defender on the team Duncan has made the all D team every year ok, when did rasho ever get that honor. Nazr is so much more aggressive on the glass and offensively when he gets the ball in the low block he is thinking drive first jumpshot second all rasho shoots is fadeaway and spot up shots and he is not half the rebounder Nazr is if we are going to win this series Nazr must continue to get the minutes he got tonight. Plus TP must step it up with TD not all the way back he must be a lot better than he was tonight.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Kori i could not believe you actually said on roundtable that Rasho is the best defender on the team

Bowen is actually the best defender on the team.

But of the big men, Pop has always said that Rasho is the best defender inside.

BTW, I love Nazr's rebounding and put backs. I also love his aggressiveness. But his interior D does hurt the team when he doesn't get into position or rotate.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:10 AM
anyone who hates Nazr is a slovenian or blind.

dont mean that racist btw.

The man was a rebounding beast....

vincerodriguez23
04-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Even though we lose tonight Nazr played one hell of a game out there. We need to stop with all the Nzar hating, especially you Kori i could not believe you actually said on roundtable that Rasho is the best defender on the team Duncan has made the all D team every year ok, when did rasho ever get that honor. Nazr is so much more aggressive on the glass and offensively when he gets the ball in the low block he is thinking drive first jumpshot second all rasho shoots is fadeaway and spot up shots and he is not half the rebounder Nazr is if we are going to win this series Nazr must continue to get the minutes he got tonight. Plus TP must step it up with TD not all the way back he must be a lot better than he was tonight.

agree, Nazr played great tonight and hopefully he will again on wed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm probably the biggest Nazr fan on this site, and I have to agree with Kori. Nazr still needs some work on defense, particularly on his rotations.

This time next year, he will be teaming with Tim to anchor one hell of a front line defensively.

dbreiden83080
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Pop would never take Rasho over Timmy inside i don't care what he tells the media, as a matter of fact D was a weakness of Rasho's when he came here so there is no way he went from a so so defender to a great one in 2 years, all i am saying is i like Nazr's agressiveness and in 2 years we have not seen than from Rasho he is always passive.

Slomo
04-25-2005, 01:25 AM
anyone who hates Nazr is a slovenian or blind.

dont mean that racist btw.

The man was a rebounding beast....
Well CBF you obviously don't watch Nazr on Defence since he succesfully screen out TP a couple of times tonight and has a ton o problems defensively. I've said it openly that I'm impressed by his offense and his offensive boards but tonight in the second half we needed better D and Rasho would have provided that if for no other reason than that he knows the system better.

And yes I'm Slovenian but unlike you I'm not blind.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:31 AM
no slovenian, i did see that, and it only happened once, not twice

he was lost on defensive rotations but he got rebounds better than rasho would have and rebounds kept us from getting blown out tonight

Solid D
04-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Well CBF you obviously don't watch Nazr on Defence since he succesfully screen out TP a couple of times tonight and has a ton o problems defensively. I've said it openly that I'm impressed by his offense and his offensive boards but tonight in the second half we needed better D and Rasho would have provided that if for no other reason than that he knows the system better.
And yes I'm Slovenian but unlike you I'm not blind.

^ Someone who sees the game and notices the little things.

Nazr hasn't learned to switch properly on screen/rolls. Slomo is right on. If he switches, he should either stay with his man or force the dribbler out then drop back to his original man. Don't just stop and pick off your own man and break down the team D.

E20
04-25-2005, 01:35 AM
I'm probably the biggest Nazr fan on this site,
No, I am.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 01:37 AM
The Spurs need both Nazr and Rasho playing well to win a Championship. They bring different things to the court. Nazr gets in incredible rebounding position and is much more aggressive than Rasho. Rasho plays better defense and knows the Spurs system much better. The Spurs need them both.

They also need Devin Brown back. They need GRob to get some minutes. And they need Barry not to slip into a slump.

Most of all, they need the Big 3 to all be clicking. Tonight, 2 of the 3 weren't.

timvp
04-25-2005, 01:39 AM
Nazr was pretty good today. Very nice offensive rebounding and he took the ball up strong. He came out of the gate swinging, which was nice to see.

His defense does need work and I think that him not knowing the system could be the downfall of the team.

Oh and that fumble late in fourth quarter really hurt.

Dre_7
04-25-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm probably the biggest Nazr fan on this site

Actually, my cousin is probably the biggest Nazr fan on this site. :lol

Pandaemonaeon
04-25-2005, 01:45 AM
There are Nazr haters?

SLOVENIAN 8
04-25-2005, 03:39 AM
He played good but the fact is that Spurs lost!!!!!! :depressed

toosmallshoes
04-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Nazr is playing hard but he still looks uncomfortable as a teammate. and Where's the Barry hating thread? Two shots in 19 minutes? He defers too much. Where's the Beno hating thread? would Mike Wilks have coughed up that ball on a behind the back dribble into a double team? Honestly, with all of the weapons the spurs have this year, they never seem to have gelled into a cohesive team. There have been spurts, but this team should be better. I'm super duper nervous about wednesday. A loss will cause an unraveling of the spurs that may extend into the postseason. hope they can turn it around quick.