PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractor---San Antonio

Twisted_Dawg
12-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Any suggestions on a good one that does not try to take me to the cleaners with a bunch of treatments?

Normally I do not believe in it, but I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder blade with some bad ass pain radiating down my arm. Slept wrong and woke up with it a week ago. No recent trauma or past medical injury history. I went to my family doctor who game me Flexirol and naprosyn. Now he wants to refer me for a $1500 MRI.

Udokafan05
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
i know good one in New Braunfels

TDMVPDPOY
12-27-2009, 09:17 PM
1500 for mri?

why not just get a fkn xray....lol

Twisted_Dawg
12-28-2009, 09:54 AM
The MRI cost includes the procedure and a doctor who reads it. X-rays only show bones, not tissue, muscles or organs.

Instead of sending billions of dollars on Iraq, Afghna, Yemen, etc...the government should buy a bunch of MRI machines and give them to non-profits so they could provide MRI's at a reasonable cost. One simple way to drive down health care costs.

mrsmaalox
12-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I'd see a massage therapist before I'd see a chiropractor. And that's because by the time you get all their new client work up, it may not cost much less than $1500. Check this out http://www.academyformassage.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=12, I know several people who swear by this place!

Twisted_Dawg
12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I'd see a massage therapist before I'd see a chiropractor. And that's because by the time you get all their new client work up, it may not cost much less than $1500. Check this out http://www.academyformassage.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=12, I know several people who swear by this place!

Actually, I got a deep tissue massage yesterday which made me feel a lot better. But I still feel that nerve tingling and I woke up in pain several times last night.

mrsmaalox
12-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Actually, I got a deep tissue massage yesterday which made me feel a lot better. But I still feel that nerve tingling and I woke up in pain several times last night.

I think massage and flexiril will get you just as fast results as anything else. Nothing is gonna fix you overnight----unless it's the lack of bulk in your back pocket following the MRI or chiropractor! :lol