PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss Stephen Jackson?

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 01:21 AM
Sorry, I just had to say it.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:22 AM
yes

ShoogarBear
04-25-2005, 01:23 AM
We covered this in chat already.

:)

Damn people, always whining about who we don't have every time the Spurs lose.

mookie2001
yes!!
i do
that was a huge mistake letting him walk
although his greedy dumbass was to blame
he was a Texas boy he looked good, he felt good, he stayed right between SBC and Hillwood

Kori Ellis
I miss Stephen Jackson all the time. Even when the Spurs win. But I gave up on him after the brawl, so I shouldn't have started this thread.

Oh well.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 01:25 AM
he's so dark and long and athletic

polandprzem
04-25-2005, 01:25 AM
not at all

Let's concentrate on the next game - what to improve and how to do it.

boutons
04-25-2005, 01:31 AM
STFU.

SJax fucked up plenty, "stunk the place up", his own words when the Spurs lost 85-87 in the second game of the 03 Finals series.

MI21
04-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Yes.

Nikos, we knew there would be one of these threads, I didn't think Kori would start it! :lol

PM5K
04-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah it's too bad he and his agent are bad at math....

firepopovich
04-25-2005, 02:05 AM
hell yes i do hes got more balls than anyone on this team not named manu ginobili

nickbroken
04-25-2005, 02:09 AM
I miss Glenn more at the moment. :|

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 02:10 AM

Yeah, that too.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Stephen Jackson was and still is under-rated, Spurs not only could use his offense, but his size and athletisism on Defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2005, 02:17 AM
I'll say it (you know it's coming): I miss Argentina's flex offense. :depressed

caŽlo
04-25-2005, 02:17 AM
ive been missing him since the day we didnt rehire him.

sjax bailed us out on a couple of games on our 03 championship playoff run.

note: im not posting this coz we lost. win or lose he's always been an asset to the team.

baseline bum
04-25-2005, 04:48 AM
I miss Tony Parker. Remember when he used to actually be good in the postseason?

I miss David Robinson most. The more I watch this team these past 2 years the more I realize how seriously underrated he was.

slayermin
04-25-2005, 04:59 AM
One thing Jackson would do is give a hard foul. None of our starters, with the exception of Nazr, is willing to do that. I wish they would.

I noticed tonight that when the guys were taking charges, the Nuggets players would either land on the guy taking the charge or almost step on them. I don't know if Robert Horry noticed that and did the same to Nene in the 2nd Qtr, but I like to think he pummelled him to send a message. Also, Big Dog may not know the system very well, but at least he's willing to lay people on their azz.

Stephen Jackson brought an edge to the 2003 team like Mario Elie did for the 99 team. I don't know if the Spurs have a guy like that right now.

whottt
04-25-2005, 05:38 AM

Word!

Glenn Robinson has the same attitude Jax had...

MI21
04-25-2005, 05:39 AM
Stephen Jackson brought an edge to the 2003 team like Mario Elie did for the 99 team. I don't know if the Spurs have a guy like that right now.

I'll clear that up for you right now, they dont. They will have to win without an "Anti-Spur".

whottt
04-25-2005, 05:45 AM
I'll clear that up for you right now, they dont. They will have to win without an "Anti-Spur".

If Stephen Jackson got yanked for missing 3 shots he wouldn't have been able to be the anti-spur...

Nikos
04-25-2005, 05:46 AM
I miss Romaine Sato.

whottt
04-25-2005, 05:47 AM
lmao Nikos...I fear Sato's time as my avatar is drawing to a close...I gueess you have something to look forward too.

Nikos
04-25-2005, 05:48 AM
lmao Nikos...I fear Sato's time as my avatar is drawing to a close...I gueess you have something to look forward too.

Or not :depressed

Brodels
04-25-2005, 05:52 AM
Yeah it's too bad he and his agent are bad at math....

I think they ended up being pretty good at math. He held out, signed a one-year deal, and then got a contract for much more than the Spurs were going to pay him.

Fact: Jackson did better financially by leaving the Spurs.

And no, I don't miss him.

Tom_Foolery
04-25-2005, 05:53 AM

YES!!!

I miss his toughness very much.

Can you imagine Jax playing SF instead of Bowen???

OMG!

It could've been like:

PG-Parker
SG-Manu
SF-StephenJax
PF-Duncan
C-Nazr

Are you kidding me???

Popovich has done some great things with the cap, but in my opinion he has also hurt the Spurs too with the Rasho signing and the bloated contract he gave Malik. Either play him or pay him bench salary. Don't pay him as a starter and bench him. That's just not very smart.

We all know the reason why Pop gave him that contract...because the season before, Lakers went hard at Samaki Walker and Pop was not about to lose Malik to the Lakers.

Also, I would've did a "sign & trade" for Brendan Haywood when we had the opportunity to pick up the rights to Speedy a couple seasons ago. And look how Haywood turned out. He's making a name for himself.

Man, if Duncan had Haywood playing Center, boy our interior defense & rebounding as well as Shotblocking would be intimidating!!!

But yeah, I think Pop is going to live & die with Bowen much like (forgive my football analysis) Wannstedt "lived & died" with hanging with Fiedler.

Sooner or later, Pop is going to have to realize that as much as Bowen's a great defender, his defense just isn't good enough to compensate for his 1pt, 3pt, 4pt games.

MI21
04-25-2005, 05:56 AM
If Stephen Jackson got yanked for missing 3 shots he wouldn't have been able to be the anti-spur...

Stephen contributed defensively and emotionally as well. He was still at least a little bit useful when he wasn't dropping bombs.

HB22inSA
04-25-2005, 07:43 AM
I miss David Robinson most. The more I watch this team these past 2 years the more I realize how seriously underrated he was.

Someone else finally gets it.

boutons
04-25-2005, 07:48 AM
"so I shouldn't have started this thread."

then delete it.

The Spurs win and lose as a team. 0 for 17 last night, 12 points, in the 4th was a TEAM effort. Had SJax been here, he would have been part of the TEAM and would have stunk as badly as everybody else.

And btw, Manu was the SG finisher in 03, not SJax.

Delete the thread. You were drunk :lol

SpurYank
04-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Stephen Jackson is a thug who had half as many turnovers and missed assignments as he had points. Let's see, that makes his j's worth 1 point. He's fine where he is, in his element. Like Antonio, every time he made a basket against us he would look over at Pop to see if he was frowning or otherwise "feeling sorry for not having him here."

Stephen Jackson? Please!

Useruser666
04-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Do you miss the SJax that was with the Spurs in 2003 or the SJax that was out because he was suspended? I don't miss him.

waly.mg
04-25-2005, 08:59 AM
I don´t
I miss Speedy Claxton and i miss TD healthy

red kryptonite
04-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Yes.

Stephen Jackson would have never let yesterday's fourth quarter happen. I would have traded all his blunders (similar to tony parker's travel on an open layup, beno's behind the back dribble that was stolen and led to a Camby dunk and 1, or Manu's charge that led to Andre Miller's 3?) for some actual buckets when the Spurs went 0-17 or whatever it was. Free throws will only cover you so far until you actually have to hit a big bucket. The refs aren't going to "foul" you to victory.

I'll take a thug, the turnovers, and whatever else negative was said comes with him for Stephen Jackson on the Spurs. He was a winner, pure and simple.

Mr. Peabody
04-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Heck, while we're doing this....I miss Vinnie Del Negro. Nobody could do the "unshaven" look quite like he could.
________
Wiki Vaporizer (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Louae
04-25-2005, 10:25 AM
STFU.

SJax fucked up plenty, "stunk the place up", his own words when the Spurs lost 85-87 in the second game of the 03 Finals series.

True, but the man wasn't afraid to take a shot.

Mr. Peabody
04-25-2005, 10:29 AM
True, but the man wasn't afraid to take a shot.

The problem isn't that no one took shots. Plenty of shots were taken, they just didn't go in.
________
VAPORIZER REVIEWS (http://vaporizers.tv/)

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Delete the thread. You were drunk

Umm, no I wasn't. I haven't drank alcohol in a long time. And thanks for telling me to "STFU".

The Spurs do miss someone like Stephen Jackson. You can say whatever you want about Jack missing a lot of shots, bonehead mistakes, etc. But he had a hunger and a fire that has been missing from this Spurs team.

The only reason that I said that I should have deleted this thread was that I told myself when the brawl happened that I wouldn't want him back anymore. He had disappointed me so much that day.

vincerodriguez23
04-25-2005, 04:13 PM
yes, very much

maxpower
04-25-2005, 04:17 PM
He's gone. Move on.

johnny00
04-25-2005, 04:22 PM
I miss Tony Parker. Remember when he used to actually be good in the postseason?

Can you remind me which Tony Parker that was???

Or are you talking about fetal position Parker, y'know the one yhat usually shows up during fourth quarter playoff games, sometimes even sooner.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
I miss anyone who has the balls to take a shot in the 4th quarter with confidence.

It's a shame that the only people we can point to who have done that in the playoffs in the last 3 seasons are a brawling 2nd tier small forward and a retired 6'2" Arizona grad with less skillz than I have. WTF, I thought this was the NBA.

Our boys just need to nut up and take it to the Nuggets.

Frenchise player
04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't miss him, but he had 16 points in the first quarter tonight, that's very impressive.

xcoriate
04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
I miss Steve Kerr :(

SpurYank
04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
16 points, uh. I wonder how many points he allowed the celtics to get.