PDA

View Full Version : Tmac done as a Rocket

robbie380
12-28-2009, 09:45 PM
a bit sad to see him go, but he was only looking out for himself and not the team. hopefully we can get something decent for him. this will be morey's first big test to pull off a big move under the gun and with everyone in the league knowing he needs to make a trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao8LxD5ce8IUdgZIH3aLA8O8vLYF?slug=aw-mcgradytrade1228089&prov=yhoo&type

McGrady to leave Rockets, waiting on trade

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 55 minutes ago

Buzz up! 39 PrintTracy McGrady(notes) and the Houston Rockets have reached a mutual decision that allows him to leave the team while the two sides try to facilitate a trade, likely ending the former All-Star guard’s tenure with the franchise, an NBA source said Monday.

More From Adrian WojnarowskiMcGrady finished in Houston Dec 28, 2009 Former Knicks scout helping military families Dec 24, 2009 McGrady’s representatives spoke with team officials earlier in the day after Rockets coach Rick Adelman made it clear last week he had no plans to increase the guard’s minutes. McGrady then returned to Houston with Adelman’s blessing before the Rockets’ games in New Jersey and Cleveland.

McGrady had averaged just under eight minutes in six appearances after missing the first 23 games of the season while recovering from microfracture surgery on his left knee. He is expected to return to Chicago and work out with trainer Tim Grover.

Yahoo! Sports first reported Monday morning that McGrady was expected to leave the team.

A source with knowledge of Monday’s talks said the Rockets would have allowed McGrady to stay, but the guard thought he’d be too much of a distraction to the team.

McGrady is making a league-high $23 million in the final year of his contract, and won’t be easy to trade given his large salary and how little teams have seen him play this season. Rival teams say the Rockets are willing to take back long-term money for the right trade with McGrady, but no deal appears imminent. Talks could pick up closer to the trade deadline in February when cost-cutting franchises may be more attracted to McGrady’s expiring contract.

McGrady told Yahoo! Sports’ Marc Spears last week that he’s confident he won’t disappoint anyone who trades for him.

“I will tell you what … if anything were to happen, whoever [trades for him] is going to get a hell of a player,” McGrady said. “A hungry one, too.”

DaDakota
12-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Yep, he was done already after last January, his delusional fans however failed to recognize it.

DD

Mavs_man_41
12-28-2009, 09:51 PM
whenever you announce that you are trying desperately to trade someone, you lose leverage. they won't be able to get much of shit for him now.

ducks
12-28-2009, 09:52 PM
22 million is alot
that is rj + manu

lil_penny
12-28-2009, 09:54 PM
whenever you announce that you are trying desperately to trade someone, you lose leverage. they won't be able to get much of shit for him now.

In that case steve blake and possibly one of our dead corpses minus rudy

DaDakota
12-28-2009, 09:57 PM

Because of his enormous contract and the fact that it is expiring, no matter WHAT he did on the floor or off of it...his value remains the same, an expiring contract.

Think about it.

No contending team could afford to give up $23 million in assets to take a flyer on him even if he was playing like he did 4 years ago....it would gut their team.

And no other team is going to give up $23 million in talent to take a look at a guy who could walk at the end of the year.

His only value is as a huge expiring contract and teams in financial difficulty or looking to jettison longer term deals to start over are all that would want to trade for him.......

He is a contract...nothing more.

DD

Mavs_man_41
12-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Because of his enormous contract and the fact that it is expiring, no matter WHAT he did on the floor or off of it...his value remains the same, an expiring contract.

Think about it.

No contending team could afford to give up $23 million in assets to take a flyer on him even if he was playing like he did 4 years ago....it would gut their team.

And no other team is going to give up $23 million in talent to take a look at a guy who could walk at the end of the year.

His only value is as a huge expiring contract and teams in financial difficulty or looking to jettison longer term deals to start over are all that would want to trade for him.......

He is a contract...nothing more.

DD

mix up on my part, i didn't know his contract was expiring. i thought he still had another year or two after this one. then yeah, his expiring is a huge asset

djohn2oo8
12-28-2009, 10:05 PM
It should be for Kevin Martin, if not for him, then probably for Monta Ellis, Anthony Randolph package that I could see, but only if they take back Maggette in a deal

DaDakota
12-28-2009, 10:10 PM
It should be for Kevin Martin, if not for him, then probably for Monta Ellis, Anthony Randolph package that I could see, but only if they take back Maggette in a deal

You mean the Maggette that is shooting nearly 53% from the field this year?

That guy?

What a contrast that would be to Battriza...eh?

DD

Rip-Hamilton32
Rip + Max + Wilcox

Venti Quattro
Who paid Tmac the 23M? Houston or Orlando?

DaDakota
12-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Our team gave him a max extension when we brought him over......this is the last year.

At the time, he uh...seemed worth it..

;)

DD

Mavs_man_41
12-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Our team gave him a max extension when we brought him over......this is the last year.

At the time, he uh...seemed worth it..

;)

DD

he probably was worth it at the time, he was the best SG in the league. no one could have predicted he'd fall off so quickly

Culburn369
12-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Good to the see the Rockets deep in the caca.

ha, ha.

ploto
12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Don't be surprised if they follow the new trend and let him sit at home and rot. I bet he does not get traded anytime soon.

Culburn369
12-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Cozy little corporation twixt Media & Houston.

Can barely hear the ruckus of $23 million being pissed away.

iggypop123
12-28-2009, 10:21 PM
i think they will let him rot at home. trades are going to be tough. their only option is a JO swap and morey isnt stupid

DaDakota
12-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I think there are lots of options.

Okur + AK47 for TMac works and both get what they want...Utah cap room, and out of longer term deals they no longer like and Houston gets an expiring next year in AK and a backup center for 2 more years as insurance for Yao

or

Ellis, Randolph, Maggette for Tmac/Lowry

GS gets rid of all their long term guys and the Rockets get Randolph and Ellis.....

There are going to be lots of deals....but whether Morey likes them...that is the key.

DD

Danny.Zhu
12-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Kevin Martin seems good to Rockets.

GuerillaBlack
12-28-2009, 10:37 PM

Okur + AK47 for TMac works and both get what they want...Utah cap room, and out of longer term deals they no longer like and Houston gets an expiring next year in AK and a backup center for 2 more years as insurance for Yao

or

GS gets rid of all their long term guys and the Rockets get Randolph and Ellis.....

There are going to be lots of deals....but whether Morey likes them...that is the key.

DD

Three team deal:

Rockets send: McGrady, Dorsey, Miller, J. Taylor
Rockets receive: Ellis, Randolph, Butler

Wizards send: Butler, Miller
Wizards receive: McGrady, Dorsey, J. Taylor

Warriors send: Ellis, Randolph
Warriors receive: Ariza, Miller

endrity
12-28-2009, 10:39 PM
If no deal is done by the deadline, and it's very much possible given his huge contract, than probably a buyout will be worked out. If that's the case, and he is an FA, than the Mavs should have a look at him even for 15-20 mins a game.

Venti Quattro
12-28-2009, 10:42 PM
The Lakers can use him too, and so can the other teams. I think this will end in a buyout situation.

GuerillaBlack
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I doubt he gets a buyout. He'll rot at home the rest of the season instead.

ducks
12-28-2009, 10:47 PM

someone with more money then you

BlackSwordsMan
12-28-2009, 10:54 PM
manu,jefferson,mason,bonner,mcdyess all worth about 22 mil right? DO IT POP

jag
12-28-2009, 11:12 PM
There goes all those all star votes...

djohn2oo8
12-28-2009, 11:16 PM
My proposed trade:

Rockets recieve: Corey Maggette, Anthony Randolph, Monta Ellis

Golden State recieves: Tracy McGrady, Joey Dorsey, Brian Cook

DaDakota
12-29-2009, 12:41 AM
A buyout would be tough because insurance covers his salary for every game missed....so the Rockets have no incentive to buy him out....

DD

sook
12-29-2009, 01:03 AM

or

DD

You dumbass motherfucker. I ought to piss on your grave for bringing up andre kryalinko. Besides, I wouldn't give up any of our core including lowry to trade tmac. They need to trade Yao before they trade mcgrady anyways.

DaDakota
12-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Hey Sook, still as classy as ever I see.

Anyway, aren't you glad that T-glass is finally gone......oh happy day !

DD

MiamiHeat
12-29-2009, 01:18 AM
he should go to New York. They don't believe in defense anyway.

So T-Mac could go wild and only focus on offense while playing for Antoni

DaDakota
12-29-2009, 01:19 AM

He needs somewhere to go where they don't play D and he can jack up shots to inflate his numbers and get some other sucker...I mean team, to give him a new contract.

DD

redzero
12-29-2009, 01:23 AM
22 million is alot
that is rj + manu

Might as well. Richard Jefferson is a faggot and Manu is old.

robbie380
12-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Cozy little corporation twixt Media & Houston.

Can barely hear the ruckus of $23 million being pissed away.

you do know 80% of his contract is paid for by insurance when he doesn't play, right?

phyzik
12-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Might as well. Richard Jefferson is a faggot and Manu is old.

Not worth it. Im saying that as a non-homer after thinking about it for about an hour or so.

I'd Like TMac on the Spurs but not for that cost. If it was RJ for TMac..... or Manu for TMac..... maybe if the contracts added up.

For both though? no way.

I'd like to see TMac on the Hornets to see what he could do with Chris Paul though.

djohn2oo8
12-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Not worth it. Im saying that as a non-homer after thinking about it for about an hour or so.

I'd Like TMac on the Spurs but not for that cost. If it was RJ for TMac..... or Manu for TMac..... maybe if the contracts added up.

For both though? no way.

I'd like to see TMac on the Hornets to see what he could do with Chris Paul though.

It would take Paul to get McGrady

Culburn369
12-29-2009, 02:20 AM
Where's Double, dj? He's hidin'. Tell him I'm lookin for him. And if I find him, I'm gonna crawl up in his shit and play dead.

nil.ball
12-29-2009, 02:24 AM
It would take Paul to get McGrady

His opinion does not represent an average rockets fan.
I'd trade his washed up ass for a bag of potato chips. or 23 Million of them. woohoo

Indazone
12-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Well crap,

Since the Rockets and Adleman didn't showcase him, we ain't getting squat for him. Nobody is going to risk paying him that much money without knowing how he can play. Too much at risk. If they would have showcased him 20-30 min for 3-4 games then we could have got some leverage. As it is now, the best move for the Rockets is to let T-Mac's contract expire, and take the huge expiring for themselves and use part of it to resign Scola and Landry.

Indazone
12-29-2009, 02:41 AM

I'm with you on this one. T-Mac fits in New York. He also fits on teams like Orlando or Miami that run the high pick and roll.

The Franchise
12-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Yep, he was done already after last January, his delusional fans however failed to recognize it.

DD

Take your ass back to clutchfans! :lol On a serious note, I will hold judgement on this development until I see what we get in return. If we get raped, I will be calling Morey and Adelman dummies until the end of the season.

The Franchise
12-29-2009, 03:14 AM
You dumbass motherfucker. I ought to piss on your grave for bringing up andre kryalinko. Besides, I wouldn't give up any of our core including lowry to trade tmac. They need to trade Yao before they trade mcgrady anyways.

I think trading Yao would have better also. As brittle as McGrady has been, there is no comparing it to Yao's fragility.

redzero
12-29-2009, 04:40 AM

For both though? no way.

If Peja is in the deal, I'd trade West, too. The Rockets wouldn't do that, though.

boutons_deux
12-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Can you play in the All-Star game if you're not in the NBA? :lol

djohn2oo8
12-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Well crap,

Since the Rockets and Adleman didn't showcase him, we ain't getting squat for him. Nobody is going to risk paying him that much money without knowing how he can play. Too much at risk. If they would have showcased him 20-30 min for 3-4 games then we could have got some leverage. As it is now, the best move for the Rockets is to let T-Mac's contract expire, and take the huge expiring for themselves and use part of it to resign Scola and Landry.

You gotta be patient, and that is what the Rockets front office is doing by not rushing to trade him. The Wizards offered Arenas for McGrady straight up, and the Rockets smartly turned that down. At least it was a step up from the shitty offers from the Knicks. Just wait.

Rogue
12-29-2009, 09:45 AM
My proposed trade:

given me a reason why GS should include Ellis in a trade for two trashes and a crisp vase who's already done, until then your proposal doesn't have an ounce of practicality.

Not to mention Antony Randolph.

djohn2oo8
12-29-2009, 10:21 AM
given me a reason why GS should include Ellis in a trade for two trashes and a crisp vase who's already done, until then your proposal doesn't have an ounce of practicality.

Not to mention Antony Randolph.

Just throwin it out there because it's not like GS management has a clue to what they are doing, and they could probably do it just to bring McGrady in just to draw people in. But it was reported last night that the Rockets do not want Maggette's contract

baseline bum
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM

:lol

Holy shit, I'm going to start spamming NBA.com with McGrady votes.

Stump
12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
How many minutes has he played this year? Wouldn't it be great if he ended up playing more minutes during the All-Star game than he did the entire rest of the year?

Ha! Imagine if he worked his butt off that game and somehow ended up as All-Star Game MVP!

robbie380
12-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Well crap,

they would take tmac to get out of other contracts not necessarily because he is healthy or can ball.

Double-Up
12-29-2009, 11:22 AM

That's a good question.

Culburn369
12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Here's another good question: wtf were you the other nite when Cleveland gave you an ass pounding of gargantuan proportions? You was no where to be found and I looked under every rock, Double.

pauls931
12-29-2009, 12:38 PM
My proposed trade:

Might as well make disfranchising the Warriors as part of the trade too. :lol

duncan228
12-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Just Let Tracy McGrady Exit Gracefully (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-justlettracymcgradye&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Did the Tracy McGrady situation escalate rapidly, or has it been headed down the road to darnation all along? Well, that depends on your belief in McGrady’s capacity to adapt and change, perhaps a la Grant Hill. I’ve written myself ragged raising the possibility of an older, wiser T-Mac 2.0. And who knows, that might yet still come to pass on another squad. But it just didn’t seem like that was going to happen in Houston, as McGrady rushed back, demanded more minutes on a team squeaking by on fragile chemistry alone, and then left the team "for personal reasons."

According to Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqY.NBA5dX03B0qTQNjrgjyzvLYF?slug=aw-mcgradytrade1228089&prov=yhoo&type=lgns), the two parties are now most likely past the point of no return:

Tracy McGrady and the Houston Rockets have reached a mutual decision that allows him to leave the team while the two sides try to facilitate a trade, likely ending the former All-Star guard’s tenure with the franchise, an NBA source said Monday.

McGrady’s representatives spoke with team officials earlier in the day after Rockets coach Rick Adelman made it clear last week he had no plans to increase the guard’s minutes. McGrady then returned to Houston with Adelman’s blessing before the Rockets’ games in New Jersey and Cleveland.

The end of an era that never really was, and egg on the face of McGrady if he wants to rehab his career. But thus far, he’s done little to make a team take a look at him for anything more than the cap figure. The Rockets would be foolish to give up that space unless they’ve got a major talent coming in return. I really, really don’t want the Kings to trade Kevin Martin. Which most likely leaves Houston holding the bag, having tons of money this summer, and casting T-Mac out into the wilderness with a cloud over his head and nothing but doubt settling in around his player-dom.

So maybe he goes somewhere on the cheap and discovers a whole new him. I’m sick of saying that. For the sake of history and memory, I want T-Mac to retire. I want his career arc to be recalled as meteoric, then abruptly shot down by injury. Houston was a mirage; he was already falling apart by then. If he fades away, eventually we’ll remember nothing but Orlando, and those will become the stuff of legend. Or who knows, maybe he turns into someone’s older, itchier Shaun Livingston that never was. I just don’t see that happening any time soon.

All I know is this: Until the Sixers swooped in and gave Iverson one more feel-good lap, we were looking at a major figure (however controversial) ending with a thud. With McGrady, we’ve got a similar emergency on our hands (those of us concerned with the arc of history, that is). In this case, though, we have an easy way out: Just admit that McGrady’s been walking with the zombies for a while now, sad as it is.

djohn2oo8
12-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Might as well make disfranchising the Warriors as part of the trade too. :lol

It's more plausible than New Orleans trading Chris Paul

quickerblade
12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
For a guy who has not made it out the first round this cross eyed bozo should not be able to demand anything. damn $23M and still not happy.

GuerillaBlack
12-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I've never once seen an opinionated post from duncan228.

djohn2oo8
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Goddamn they are roasting his ass on the radio

iggypop123
12-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I've never once seen an opinionated post from duncan228.

silence surpasses speech?

Indazone
12-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I think the goal is to bring in Bosh from Toronto and just let T-Mac's contract expire. Resign Scola, Landry, Yao, Battier, Budinger, Ariza, Lowry, Brooks and Hayes. You're gonna have to use part of T-Mac's contract to keep these guys on the Rockets squad because some of them are going to get a big payday.

If the Rockets do that, I like our front line of Yao, Anderson, Bosh, Scola, Landry, Hayes. Our guards are pretty darn good in Lowry and Brooks but if one of them went down, we might be pretty thin at the point guard position. Ariza and Budinger can function as SF/SG's.

lefty
12-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Votes for Tmac for the 2010 ASG: - 35 000 000

gm5k
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM

just had to say wow, amazing sig :wow

anyway, T-mac's career is a sad thing. you know this when your career highlight is dunking on Shawn Bradley.

Roxsfan
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Tmac was brought in to help Yao and the Rox. It did not work out. Mac was a great, dynamic, prolific scorer. He's not that now. I'm hopeful we can get something for him AND that Yao can come back good from his surgery. I think if his minutes are manged properly during the year (hold him out of the 2nd nite of b2bs etc) I think he and the Rox can go deep into the playoffs. Yes Yao is brittle, but I think he has 3 dominating years left and 2 slightly above-average years and perhaps 1 2009-2010 Shaq-like year for a total 6 yrs left. If the Rox can't get it done in that time, Fuck them:toast

Double-Up
12-29-2009, 08:48 PM
I think the goal is to bring in Bosh from Toronto and just let T-Mac's contract expire. Resign Scola, Landry, Yao, Battier, Budinger, Ariza, Lowry, Brooks and Hayes. You're gonna have to use part of T-Mac's contract to keep these guys on the Rockets squad because some of them are going to get a big payday.

If the Rockets do that, I like our front line of Yao, Anderson, Bosh, Scola, Landry, Hayes. Our guards are pretty darn good in Lowry and Brooks but if one of them went down, we might be pretty thin at the point guard position. Ariza and Budinger can function as SF/SG's.

We couldn't do that because we would have to renounce Scola and Lowry's rights to have max cap space in 2010.

sook
12-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey Sook, still as classy as ever I see.

Anyway, aren't you glad that T-glass is finally gone......oh happy day !

DD

Classy while writing T-Glass in the same sentence? Nice. Besides, I was joking but it appears that you are pretty sensitive Mr Civil Internet poster.

And to answer your question, why does it matter? He wasn't playing before and isn't playing now. Same as for Yao, too bad you have your head shoved too far up his ass.

Imo a trade would likely involve scola/carl/lowry which I don't want to part with. I say hold on to the expiring and sign someone next year which is why the organization when about the mcgrady business in an ill mannered way.

sook
12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
I think trading Yao would have better also. As brittle as McGrady has been, there is no comparing it to Yao's fragility.
Thanks, its good to see some rocket fans like yourself and inda maintain objectivity. He deserved a chance. Hopefully the rox can get something, but chances are they won't. More 2-10 ariza to watch i guess.

ulosturedge
12-30-2009, 01:04 AM
I could see a partial buyout of his contract with a team paying the rest of the bill and giving up a solid prospect or role player and maybe a draft pick. But I think he will be sitting at home for quite some time before any trade talks start to stir up.

mogrovejo
12-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Ray Allen + 1st round pick for TMac conditioned to an under the table agreement that Houston buys out Ray Ray immediately after the trade for his full salary minus the vet. minimum allowing him to re-sign with Boston 30 days later.

You get a pick + savings of $5 millions this season (more than what you get if you try to negotiate a buyout with him) + the salary room for the next season.

A Glenn Davis for Dorsey swap instead of the pick is also possible.

Chillen
12-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Tmac on the Bulls, there is talks that the Bulls have shown interest in trading for him, I heard Brad Miller, John Salmons among the names mentioned. I don't know what Houston would want for him but I wonder if a fresh start could revive McGrady's game.

djohn2oo8
12-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Tmac on the Bulls, there is talks that the Bulls have shown interest in trading for him, I heard Brad Miller, John Salmons among the names mentioned. I don't know what Houston would want for him but I wonder if a fresh start could revive McGrady's game.

I think that deal is the most logical, and most likely to happen, but here are the deals that make sense

Rockets acquire: John Salmons, Brad Miller
Bulls Acquire: Tracy McGrady, Joey Dorsey

or

Rockets acquire: Kevin Martin, Nocioni
Kings acquire: Tracy McGrady, future first round pick

Indazone
12-30-2009, 02:00 AM
I would do that Chicago trade in a heartbeat. It's no secret that the Bulls have been coveting T-Mac for a long time. For some strange reason, they think T-Mac is the answer to reviving the floundering Bulls organization and he'll be Michael Jordan II.

Chillen
12-30-2009, 05:45 AM
I would do that Chicago trade in a heartbeat. It's no secret that the Bulls have been coveting T-Mac for a long time. For some strange reason, they think T-Mac is the answer to reviving the floundering Bulls organization and he'll be Michael Jordan II.

I think that deal make the Rockets a slightly better team. It could help the Bulls to if McGrady's game revives, would be an interesting trade.

KidCongo
12-30-2009, 06:30 AM
+ Keeps the Bulls as players in the 2010 FA market.

Indazone
12-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Not only that but Brad Miller to the Rockets gives Adleman the big man he wants to run his offense through. Miller is already familiar with the motion offense and he would be the control tower at the top of the key that Adleman covets. He would be much better than Yao at handling the ball and shooting the three.

The Franchise
12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Are Miller and Salmons contracts also expiring? If not, I would rather just let McGrady's expire than pick them up.

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Miller's is. I think Salmons has an option for next year.

Indazone
12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, if Miller's contract is expiring, I'd just pick him up for cheap.

iggypop123
12-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Miller's is. I think Salmons has an option for next year.

i dont think its guaranteed too

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 07:12 PM
I always like the Half-Man, Half-a-Season and She-Mac remarks by a few players...