PDA

View Full Version : Barry brothers comparison in games 1

LakerGod
04-25-2005, 04:29 AM
Ironic isn't it, the more expensive brother was missing in action as usual!

Brent Barry vs Nuggets:

19 minutes, 0-2 FG, 0 points!

Jon Barry vs. Mavericks:

28 minutes, 3-7, 8 points

And Brent Barry is worth how much?

Louae
04-25-2005, 10:30 AM
I would've like the 9 minutes that beno had given to barry.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 11:05 AM
When we were driving home last night, I told LJ that we got the wrong Barry.

Of course, I will change my mind about that when Brent goes off with five 3's in game 2.

:smokin

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Barry doesn't help the Spurs at all. He doesn't give us anything besides resting Manu, and that's all he used for...He hasn't hit a 3 in a while either. The dude is just sort of there. He's just on the court, he's there...but I don't know how being there is helping.

whottt
04-25-2005, 11:25 AM
It'll all be over soon enough and I think we'll be able to point to Barry's 0-17 in the final 5 minutes of the game as the reason for our loss and turning point of our season.

John Barry is more of a spark plug but I don't know what makes anyone think he's going to get minutes down the stretch any more than Brent...he's not a good defender either...

It's better to lose with choking offense and good defense than to win...this is the Spurs credo.

It's always been the Spurs credo in the Pop era and it will continue to be so.

Remember...it not for Duncan being in a contract year Kerr probably doesn't make it off the bench in 03...and it wasn't like he was played in the final minutes of games anyway.

I am not going to defend Barry or point out that the last time he was in the game we had the lead and he made 2 assists to put us up by 5 points, because it's pointless to do so...and I wish he'd just hit his shots too so I don't have to hear this stuff.

Anyway....the season will be over soon enough and we'll hopefully be able to dump Barry to clear room to sign another choker or Javtokas or someone...

MannyIsGod
04-25-2005, 11:38 AM
I like Brent and I believe he'll make his mark. I have faith in him, I really do.

kskonn
04-25-2005, 12:24 PM
the only time our offense looked somewhat coherent last night was when barry was on the floor. But sense he did not score everyone thinks he did not do anything. I could not understand why he was not brought in in the fourth quarter when the spurs offense collapsed.

waly.mg
04-25-2005, 12:30 PM
In Realgm Salary Ratio Barry is 14.3, too less than Brian Grantīs 44.3 or Vlade Divacīs 16.4

Spurminator
04-25-2005, 12:31 PM
the only time our offense looked somewhat coherent last night was when barry was on the floor.

He was on the floor for all of the first three quarters?

Spurminator
04-25-2005, 12:38 PM
When Barry was on the floor, the Spurs shot 10-29. (34%)

Play by Play (http://scores.nba.com/games/20050424/DENSAS/PlayByPlayPrint.html)

So much for that.

exstatic
04-25-2005, 12:41 PM

I would have liked the 19 minutes that Barry was given to go to Big Dog, a scorer who isn't afraid to take a shot.

We did get the wrong Barry. Jon has big stones and a Spur-like attitude.

TwoHandJam
04-25-2005, 12:42 PM
You raise a good point Louae. Pop is finally starting to realize something I think was evident about halfway through the season; Barry plays better as a backup pg than a backup sg. Brent is very careful with the ball and is a good playmaker. This is the role he played in Seattle and we're not using it to our advantage. I'm not saying to cut Beno out completely but in pressure situations, Brent should see more minutes as backup pg.

waly.mg
04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Probably we can run Brent-Manu in the Frontcourt

whottt
04-25-2005, 12:55 PM
We did get the wrong Barry. Jon has big stones and a Spur-like attitude.

Define a Spur-like attitude...

Would that be the same attitude that the 3 best players on our team had as they choked?