PDA

View Full Version : For those that love fishing.

Ignignokt
12-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm a bit of a rook when it comes to fishing. I love it though because i've fished ever since i was a kid. Though fishing trips were done with 5month -1yr intervals, i think in total i've only racked up 1 month in fishing experience.

I just for the life of me, I don't have any luck when it comes to fishing. I was wondering if there's any experienced fishermen here who can lend a few tips. And i'm not talking about just bait, but location, technique, good fishing times..etc.

Fishing is the best most relaxing sport. I want results though.

NF9DrUXowBo

thispego
12-29-2009, 02:18 PM
fishing is nothing like that video

Ignignokt
12-29-2009, 02:21 PM
fishing is nothing like that video

rofl.. totally. I would never disturb the water while fishing, wouldn't that frighten the fish and make them scamper?

Maybe at a brook it would work.. but trout usually swims with the stream.. it would probably only work with salmon. But I'm a rook, what would i know.

Also, the song is a Schubert Lied composed from a German Romantic Naturalist poem.

thispego
12-29-2009, 02:21 PM
a canoe, a buddy, a cooler of beer, a few spliffs, couple of poles apiece, one with a cork bottom fishing for catfish, the other with a lure for bass, on any river between austin and san antonio. I prefer the blanco during the summer

Sportcamper
12-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I enjoy the pristine icy rivers of Idaho where fly fisherman line the shores casting their fly rods in absolute brilliance…Displaying an artistry from a bygone era…I like to hike up next to them, chum the water with popcorn & yell out….Move aside & let me show you how we do this in Los Angeles…

I then scoop up as many trout as possible with a hand held net as the trout churn to the surface to eat the popcorn mess that I have thrown out…

Ignignokt
12-29-2009, 02:25 PM
a canoe, a buddy, a cooler of beer, a few spliffs, couple of poles apiece, one with a cork bottom fishing for catfish, the other with a lure for bass, on any river between austin and san antonio. I prefer the blanco during the summer

Should i exclude town lake in austin?

thispego
12-29-2009, 02:26 PM
nope, lots of bass in there, you mean lady bird lake?, lol

Ignignokt
12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
I enjoy the pristine icy rivers of Idaho where fly fisherman line the shores casting their fly rods in absolute brilliance…Displaying an artistry from a bygone era…I like to hike up next to them, chum the water with popcorn & yell out….Move aside & let me show you how we do this in Los Angeles…

I then scoop up as many trout as possible with a hand held net as the trout churn to the surface to eat the popcorn mess that I have thrown out…

I'll remember to do that if i'm hungry in the wilderness. But i plan on fishing for 4-6 hrs. I kind of want to rod fish.

Ignignokt
12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
nope, lots of bass in there, you mean lady bird lake?, lol

I think so.. the one that is close to riverside and is close to the airport on the eastside.

thispego
12-29-2009, 02:29 PM
yeah they changed the name to lady bird lake. I live like 5 minute walk from the river off congress, but i never fish there for some reason, but lots of people do

Ignignokt
12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
yeah they changed the name to lady bird lake. I live like 5 minute walk from the river off congress, but i never fish there for some reason, but lots of people do

that's because too many mexicans with Romo jerseys barbecue in that area with their family while all the boys are bathing with white tees. Not a pleasant site. LOL

For some other reason your mind tells you no.

thispego
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
you wanna see beautiful river setting turned disgusting shit spic watering hole trash dump go check out under the bridge at 183/montopolis. i swear people go there to commit murders, dump bodies, and fuck prostitutes, and dump their trash because they forgot to set it out on the curb on tuesdays.

sabar
12-29-2009, 02:59 PM
What are you trying to catch and what depth waters are you looking at?

Boat or bank fishing?

Stream or lake?

I. Hustle
12-29-2009, 03:07 PM
you wanna see beautiful river setting turned disgusting shit spic watering hole trash dump go check out under the bridge at 183/montopolis. i swear people go there to commit murders, dump bodies, and fuck prostitutes, and dump their trash because they forgot to set it out on the curb on tuesdays.

I was going to get upset about the spic comment but I have to agree that montopolis is a crappy area.

thispego
12-29-2009, 03:13 PM
I was going to get upset about the spic comment but I have to agree that montopolis is a crappy area.

what the fuck pussy! I have several MEXICAN friends but i don't associate with SPICS

I. Hustle
12-29-2009, 03:20 PM
what the fuck pussy! I have several MEXICAN friends but i don't associate with SPICS

lol

Hey! My best friend is white!

thispego
12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
why you such a sensitive poon?

Augie
12-29-2009, 03:46 PM
If I had a dad I would want him to take me fishing.

I. Hustle
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
why you such a sensitive poon?

I was kidding nutlicker. I don't have any white friends.

I used to live on Riverside and Faro. Not too far from montopolis.

thispego
12-29-2009, 03:55 PM
you a spic?

tlongII
12-29-2009, 03:57 PM
If I'm spin-fishing I like to use marshmallows and earthworms with some of that fish bait scent sprayed on. You can nail some lunkers in the high Cascades lakes with that.

I. Hustle
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I am more of a span.

CosmicCowboy
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
I've won a few fishing tournaments at the coast but there no way I can tell you in a message board post where to fish and how to do it. That changes on a day to day basis.

CosmicCowboy
12-29-2009, 04:21 PM
For those pussy West Coast fish I just use my dog.

Yg5capd2fmQ

Sancha
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't know about fishing but if any of you plan on clam diving I can help.

tlongII
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
For those pussy West Coast fish I just use my dog.

Yg5capd2fmQ

That's a bigger fish than anything you've ever caught!

CosmicCowboy
12-29-2009, 04:29 PM
That's a bigger fish than anything you've ever caught!

Negative TLong. Caught several Marlin that would eat that fish for breakfast.

tlongII
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Negative TLong. Caught several Marlin that would eat that fish for breakfast.

West coast Marlin?

tlongII
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I've been marlin fishing out of Cabo.

CosmicCowboy
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I've been marlin fishing out of Cabo.

That's where I caught mine... Done several trips there. Caught several stripes but still haven't hit a blue. Caught a swordfish there too, some big ass dorado, and the usual jacks.

Mavs_man_41
12-29-2009, 04:48 PM
too much goes into fishing to just tell you how it's done over the internet. my best advice is to make friends with guys who have been fishing their entire lives and learn from them firsthand

Ginobilly
12-29-2009, 05:51 PM

That's the way to fish!

Ginobilly
12-29-2009, 05:52 PM
What would you'll recommend for bait?? I always had great success with shrimp and crayfish(The bass love these guys).

Mavs_man_41
12-29-2009, 05:53 PM
What would you'll recommend for bait?? I always had great success with shrimp and crayfish(The bass love these guys).

anything in the water will eat crawfish, they're my favorite bait in the spring