Mavericks record against .500 or better teams: 10-5
Mavericks Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +6

Nuggets record against .500 or better teams: 9-4
Nuggets Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +5

Suns record against .500 or better teams: 6-9
Suns Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +6

Findog
12-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Big surprise, but the Suns are not for real. And maybe not the Magic either.

JoeTait75
12-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Big surprise, but the Suns are not for real.

I don't think they are either. I'm not counting out Orlando, although I do think swapping out Turk for The Vince is a net minus for them. They're a more conventional team than they were last year.

Dallas is the real surprise to me. I'll admit, I didn't think they were going to be this good.

Findog
12-29-2009, 03:24 PM
I didn't list the Spurs because frankly the metrics for them are pretty bad.

BadOdor
12-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I didn't list the Spurs because frankly the metrics for them are pretty bad.

it's only december".

Xylus
12-29-2009, 03:34 PM
The Suns are a work in progress, that's for sure. I still think they'll make it to the 2nd round and no farther.

IronMexican
12-29-2009, 03:34 PM
it's only december".

It'sOnlyDecemer troll is awesome. S.P.A.D!

Findog
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't think they are either. I'm not counting out Orlando, although I do think swapping out Turk for The Vince is a net minus for them. They're a more conventional team than they were last year.

Well, they didn't want to give Hedo an extension at his age, and they're in short-term win now mode. I thought Hedo was definitely a better passer and distributor, but Carter in theory is supposed to be able to bail out their offense with his ability to create off the dribble. I think he's a loser and I've never been impressed with him, so I probably would've kept Hedo.

Dallas is the real surprise to me. I'll admit, I didn't think they were going to be this good.

And the Mavs could be better: Damp missed 8 games with AIDS, Josh missed 20 games and is doing his Good Josh, Bad Josh routine, and Terry has been mired in a shooting slump for the past 3 weeks. Marion has overall been a good addition I think. His defense is better than I thought it would be and makes up for his offense not quite being as good as I thought it would. One of our biggest weaknesses over the past several years is perimeter defense (McGrady, Nash, Wade, Davis, Paul, Parker all destroyed us). Marion and Howard together have really shored this area up.

This team has not been firing on all cylinders and starts JJ Barea at shooting guard. We've gotten away with it thanks to Dirk playing out of his fucking mind. Dallas has lots of room for improvement.

23LeBronJames23
12-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I knew it that the lakers are pretty bad against good teams thanks for showing it.

Mavs are actually better wow I cant believe what Im saying.

JoeTait75
12-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I thought Hedo was definitely a better passer and distributor, but Carter in theory is supposed to be able to bail out their offense with his ability to create off the dribble.

Which is not their game. They excelled last year by going inside-out with Dewey, with Turk distributing and running the pick 'n pop and with ball movement on the perimeter with their squadron of tall shooters. When The Vince is going one-on-one their whole machine just grinds to a halt.

If I'm playing Orlando I'm good with The Vince taking 25-30 shots. I like my chances if they're playing that game.

23LeBronJames23
12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
btw can you just show portland, okc, spurs and miami too?

DAF86
12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, they didn't want to give Hedo an extension at his age, and they're in short-term win now mode. I thought Hedo was definitely a better passer and distributor, but Carter in theory is supposed to be able to bail out their offense with his ability to create off the dribble. I think he's a loser and I've never been impressed with him, so I probably would've kept Hedo.

Hedo > Carter for teams with championship aspirations and that IMO makes Hedo > Carter as a basketball player, I don't care about stats, athletic abilities, natural skills, points made for crappy teams or any of that bullshit. The Magic made a mistake when they replace Hedo for Carter IMO.

Lukor
12-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Isnt Carter currently shooting 35% or sth....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Big surprise, but the Suns are not for real.

Way to go out on a limb with that one.

JoeTait75
12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Isnt Carter currently shooting 35% or sth....

40.3 to be exact- 32.8 from downtown. He currently leads the team in three-point attempts- which won't be the case for long now that Rashard is back and hoisting at his usual frenetic rate- but he's still taking too many.

Findog
12-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Spurs record against .500 or better teams: 2-10
Spurs Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: Even

Zombie Sonics record against .500 or better teams: 5-12
Zombie Sonics Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +1

Trail Blazers record against .500 or better teams: 9-8
Trail Blazers Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +4

Heat record against .500 or better teams: 5-9
Heat Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: -2

Rockets record against .500 or better teams: 8-11
Rockets Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +6

Jazz record against .500 or better teams: 6-10
Jazz Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +1

Medvedenko
12-29-2009, 05:02 PM
While the Laker record doesn't show too well, we didn't have Gasol for a bunch of those games.

Findog
12-29-2009, 05:07 PM
While the Laker record doesn't show too well, we didn't have Gasol for a bunch of those games.

Before Gasol (11 games):

Lakers record against .500 or better teams: 4-3
Lakers Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: Even

After Gasol (19 games):

Lakers record against .500 or better teams: 5-3
Lakers Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +5

tlongII
12-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Dallas isn't any good. They will tank eventually.

tlongII
12-29-2009, 05:11 PM
The Cavs are easily the best team in the league at this moment.

Findog
12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Dallas isn't any good. They will tank eventually.

lol Portland trainers

BlackSwordsMan
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
2-10, cia-pop. Just tanking the season in order to play the lakers in the first round.
non-issue

BlackSwordsMan
2-10, cia-pop. Just tanking the season in order to play the lakers in the first round.
non-issue

Findog
I think Boston has the most complete and balanced team so far. They don't drop back to backs to the Clippers and Dubs with Pierce.

Mavs_man_41
12-29-2009, 05:14 PM
I was actually surprised about the stats on the mavs at first glance, but after thinking about it I'm really not. Findog just about covered it all, our defense has really improved and we still have LOT'S of room for improvement. I'd definately say that we're a darkhorse this year behind the big 3. (Cleveland, LA, Boston)

Mavs_man_41
12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
The Cavs are easily the best team in the league at this moment.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just because of the "Christmas Day" championship. I still like LA and Boston over them, although they're pretty much equal to LA imo and slight edge goes to Boston. All 3 are right there

Medvedenko
12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah, the cavs are playing awesome lately and Mo Williams is a big reason why. Also, Pierce hurt, hurts the C's, hence 2 ugly losses.

Findog
12-29-2009, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just because of the "Christmas Day" championship. I still like LA and Boston over them, although they're pretty much equal to LA imo and slight edge goes to Boston. All 3 are right there

It all depends on how they use Shaq in the playoffs. He can be an asset, and he can also be their undoing.

nkdlunch
12-29-2009, 05:31 PM
What does it matter that the Mavs do anything on regular season, when everyone knows they will eventually choke in the playoffs.

BadOdor
12-29-2009, 05:34 PM
What does it matter that the Mavs do anything on regular season, when everyone knows they will eventually choke in the playoffs.

Mavs only care about raping the spurs, and this year it looks like a sweep.

Spurs better pray they don't face the mavs(or lakers/blazers/denver/utah...damn).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 05:37 PM

Do you find regurgitating this post over and over again funny?

Mavs_man_41
12-29-2009, 05:39 PM

it's like kori tries to clean up the forum, and certain spur faggots think that means kori's protecting them and they can just come in here and talk shit now. posters like ndklunch were the problem in the first place

BadOdor
12-29-2009, 05:39 PM

Look at his signature. A clear case of spur fan getting traumatized by the mavs last year's 4-` pwding, thus resorting to 24/7 mav insults.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 05:41 PM
it's like kori tries to clean up the forum, and certain spur faggots think that means kori's protecting them and they can just come in here and talk shit now. posters like ndklunch were the problem in the first place

Posters like nkdlunch are the reason "4 rings, faggot" gets used so often. Every single "discussion" they're involved with turns into "My team has 4 rings yours has none therefore I win".

alchemist
12-29-2009, 06:03 PM
:lol acting like the 4-1 faggots didn't stir the pot intentionally

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 06:06 PM

No one is denying the fact that it did. Spurs fans are the ones acting like they're completely innocent and never contributed to all the pointless threads in the NBA forum.

Mavs_man_41
12-29-2009, 06:13 PM

4-1 faggots was a response to spur fans retarded bullshit

alchemist
12-29-2009, 06:33 PM
4-1 faggots was a response to spur fans retarded bullshit
that's bull, if you criticized anything Mav related you'd get the 4-1 routine.

No one is denying the fact that it did. Spurs fans are the ones acting like they're completely innocent and never contributed to all the pointless threads in the NBA forum.
that's stupid on their part, everyone added to destruction of this section.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 06:35 PM

And if you criticize anything Spurs related you get 4 rings, faggot, so it's no different.

Mavs_man_41
12-29-2009, 06:38 PM

it wasn't about criticizing the mavs, it was more like those posts that go "stupid mavs fan, you're never gonna win shit with a choking vagina as your star player, 4 rings faggot."

alchemist
12-29-2009, 06:38 PM
And if you criticize anything Spurs related you get 4 rings, faggot, so it's no different.
That's the whole fucking point! You can't point a finger and pretend that your side had nothing to do with the problem.

anonoftheinternets
12-29-2009, 07:18 PM
ugh these finger pointing fights are worse than the aforementioned 4 ring/4-1 fights ...

My Fault
12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Lol Spurs fans... Mavs are playing good basketball and Spurs are not. It is what it is....

Findog
12-29-2009, 08:15 PM

ok

Muser
12-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Mavs only care about raping the spurs, and this year it looks like a sweep.

Spurs better pray they don't face the mavs(or lakers/blazers/denver/utah...damn).

It's a sweep when this season Spurs/Mavs are tied 1-1? k

KidCongo
12-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Which is not their game. They excelled last year by going inside-out with Dewey, with Turk distributing and running the pick 'n pop and with ball movement on the perimeter with their squadron of tall shooters. When The Vince is going one-on-one their whole machine just grinds to a halt.

If I'm playing Orlando I'm good with The Vince taking 25-30 shots. I like my chances if they're playing that game.

You would have got flamed for this in the off-season. Anyway maybe the Magic brass thought Dwight would develop as a true #1 option?

It's a much easier match-up for the Cavaliers especially with having Moon coming off the bench to match Shard.

KidCongo
12-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah, the cavs are playing awesome lately and Mo Williams is a big reason why. Also, Pierce hurt, hurts the C's, hence 2 ugly losses.

Mo is playing at a border-line all star level right now but I think it's probs just a hot streak. He can only right his wrongs in the playoffs this year.

Venti Quattro
12-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Hedo was a very good fit for them but he just can't solve their deficiency at the 2/3 so they gambled for VC. Carter was brought in to make opposing elite teams' SGs and SFs work on defense and on offense. They had this in mind after Kobe torched them in the 2009 NBA Finals.

So far, he has made these SG and SF's jobs easier by chucking jumpshot after jumpshot. I know though, it's just December.

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Orlando's struggles have had very little to do with Carter, despite his shooting %s..Vince's shooting is the least of their concerns, he'll get it together..they need to get healthy, gel and get Howard playing at the same level he was playing at last year..

Turkoglu became one of the most overrated players in the NBA last year..

FkLA
12-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Fun Fact

As horrible, washed-up, and patheitc as the Spurs have been theyre 3rd in the loss column in the West only behind the Lakers and Mavs...after the current 6 games in 9 nights that theyre on concludes at the end of this week they will have caught up with the rest of the league in games played. Considering the teams they'll be playing they should be able to comfortably move up to the 3rd or 4th seed. Again while playing absolutely horrible most of this season.

MiamiHeat
12-29-2009, 09:19 PM
I said this at the start of the season and I will repeat it for you

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS

Don't you ever doubt a motivated Shaq playing with LeBron.

mojorizen7
12-29-2009, 09:22 PM
The Suns are a work in progress, that's for sure. I still think they'll make it to the 2nd round and no farther.

Maybe if they go and get a M.Camby from the Clippz.
I would stop bitching about Channing Frye if we could rotate him with a Camby.

mogrovejo
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Orlando's struggles have had very little to do with Carter, despite his shooting %s..Vince's shooting is the least of their concerns, he'll get it together..they need to get healthy, gel and get Howard playing at the same level he was playing at last year..

Turkoglu became one of the most overrated players in the NBA last year..

I disagree. I think they have a lot to do with the fact that they're using him so little as a playmaker and a passer.

--------

This stat is pretty meaningless at this point in time - and even later in the season, as the best predictor of play-off success is point differential league wide and not versus the top teams.

Then matchups matter. For that reason, to me, there are 2 contenders in the West, the Lakers first and the Spurs second. The Mavs and the Nuggets are in the second tier, but they just don't have enough talent to win 4 series in a row. The Suns are 1 million years away of being contenders, IMO. In the East, I don't think the Hawks have enough quality to win, they simply don't play enough defence to win consistently in the playoffs (nor the type of defence, too much switching and happy-go-lucky). I don't like the matchup with the Celtics and Orlando for the Cavs, considering their current role. I have doubts about how the Celtics and the Magic matchup (the Cs can do a better job than anyone on Howard which severely limits Orlando's offence; the Magic generally defend Rondo and Ray Allen very well - especially Rondo whose decision making when playing Orlando is always, with the exception of the last game, subpar).

OFF TOPIC:

A request to Slovenian/French (or whatever nationality) members of this board. Can you find me a picture of the Eurobasket2009 All-Tournament team? The one with Lorbek, Parker, Rudy, Pau and Teodosic side by side? I know such a picture exists, I recall seeing it, but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for your help.

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
I disagree. I think they have a lot to do with the fact that they're using him so little as a playmaker and a passer.

--------

I agree with this..I meant more in regard to his shooting, his %s are partly a product of his usage IMO..

They go to him for scoring way too much IMO..not as much lately, but they were riding him way too much earlier in the season..Vince is a very good scorer, but he's not a guy you should go to EVERY possession..he's obviously known for his poor shot selection, and it's even worse when he's playing that type of role..

He's a very good passer, so it's strange that they haven't used him in that way too much, especially since Turkoglu is an inferior passer and they used him like that a lot..

His usage rate is significantly higher than it was in his last years in Jersey, despite having little help in NJ and a lot more in Orlando..strange that they're using him like this..

His %s will go up though..he's missing A LOT of shots he normally makes..he'll get hot soon IMO..

Venti Quattro
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Dwight hasn't developed a post game and his teammates aren't helping in this regard by not giving him more touches

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
That's part of the problem though, especially against Boston..the Celtics have a couple of guys that will make limit Dwight's game..they also have Rondo to guard Nelson..I don't know how Orlando would beat them..

DAF86
12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I agree with this..I meant more in regard to his shooting, his %s are partly a product of his usage IMO..

They go to him for scoring way too much IMO..not as much lately, but they were riding him way too much earlier in the season..Vince is a very good scorer, but he's not a guy you should go to EVERY possession..he's obviously known for his poor shot selection, and it's even worse when he's playing that type of role..

He's a very good passer, so it's strange that they haven't used him in that way too much, especially since Turkoglu is an inferior passer and they used him like that a lot..

His usage rate is significantly higher than it was in his last years in Jersey, despite having little help in NJ and a lot more in Orlando..strange that they're using him like this..

His %s will go up though..he's missing A LOT of shots he normally makes..he'll get hot soon IMO..

And you base that on what?

hater
12-29-2009, 09:57 PM
LMAO butthurt mavfans

mogrovejo
12-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Yeah, he's been very subpar finishing at the rim, he'll correct it.

And true, they have to use him more as they used Turkoglu, right now Nelson is carrying too much of the playmaking burden instead of setting him up as the scorer so often.

Findog
12-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Then matchups matter. For that reason, to me, there are 2 contenders in the West, the Lakers first and the Spurs second. The Mavs and the Nuggets are in the second tier, but they just don't have enough talent to win 4 series in a row.

Assuming health, the Mavs will be right there at the end as the biggest threat to the Lakers. Ask a Lakers fan which team they would rather deal with. The Nuggets need Billups healthy to have any chance to challenge LA. If you want to give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt and say they'll put it in another gear, I can see that. But I see nothing to suggest that they are in a class above the Mavs and Nuggets.

Findog
12-29-2009, 11:31 PM
LMAO butthurt mavfans

When did that happen? Can you point out a post?

FkLA
12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Oh come on dont pull the innocent card Fin, considering the fact that you included the Suns in that list there is no reason why the Spurs shouldnt have been there...again as horrible and dissapointing as theyve been they are still 3rd in the loss column out West only behind the Mavs and Lakers. After Sunday they will have made up lost ground, and considering the teams theyll be playing should comfortably move up to the 3rd or 4th seed. And again having played absolutely horrible this entire season.

badfish22
12-29-2009, 11:38 PM
When did that happen? Can you point out a post?

Don't feed 'em

djohn2oo8
12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Sons, the standings in December mean everything to manfan, whoops mavfan :rolleyes

ElNono
12-29-2009, 11:45 PM
The Spurs just had a slow start... not unheard of for them... Their main concern is staying healthy.
On the other hand, the Mavs are on pace for a 60 win season and a quick playoff exit as is the custom for that team...
Nuggets need Chauncey back ASAP and Lakers you don't know if they got bored already or what is up...
Rockets play with a lot of hearth and pride, but ultimately, like Dallas, they just don't have enough talent to win it all...

Anyways, just my 2c

Findog
12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Sons, the standings in December mean everything to manfan, whoops mavfan :rolleyes

Be quiet Rocket fan, the grownups are talking.

Findog
12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh come on dont pull the innocent card Fin, considering the fact that you included the Suns in that list there is no reason why the Spurs shouldnt have been there...again as horrible and dissapointing as theyve been they are still 3rd in the loss column out West only behind the Mavs and Lakers. After Sunday they will have made up lost ground, and considering the teams theyll be playing should comfortably move up to the 3rd or 4th seed. And again having played absolutely horrible this entire season.

2-10 vs .500 or better teams, even H/R differential. The Suns are 6-9 against .500 or better teams and have a +6 H/R differential

crc21209
12-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Lakers record against .500 or better teams: 9-6

Celtics record against .500 or better teams: 6-3
Celtics Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +9

Cavaliers record against .500 or better teams: 9-3
Cavaliers Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +10

Magic record against .500 or better teams: 7-7
Magic Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +7

Hawks record against .500 or better teams: 8-3
Hawks Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +7

OK Stat whore...thank you! :rolleyes

ulosturedge
12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
This might all matter if the playoffs started tomorrow, but they don't so... whatever helps you sleep at night.

Findog
12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Point Differential:

Celtics: + 8.6
Hawks: + 8.0
Lakers: + 7.0
Cavs: + 6.6
Magic:+ 5.3
Nuggets: + 5.2
Spurs: + 5.1
Mavericks: + 4.7
Suns: + 3.8
Blazers: + 3.5
Jazz: + 2.4
Zombie Sonics: + 1.8
Heat: + 1.7
Rockets: + 0.7

Findog
12-30-2009, 12:04 AM
This might all matter if the playoffs started tomorrow, but they don't so... whatever helps you sleep at night.

Is there some reason why you're taking this thread personally? I just presented some stats for the contending teams in the league without comment. Why does this bother you? Some NBA fans in the NBA Forum want to discuss league-wide issues. It's not all about Spur fan.

BadOdor
12-30-2009, 12:07 AM
spur fan, calm the fuck down. We get it, "it's only december", "spurs are proven champions", etc etc. Maybe you should go back upstairs where you can stroke each other and pray that the spurs somehow get back in the mix.

But as of now, Dallas/Denver/LA are the only "big boys" that might come out the west. Come back and talk to us when the spurs manage to beat a good team.

DPG21920
12-30-2009, 12:08 AM
They beat Dallas. Just saying.

BadOdor
12-30-2009, 12:09 AM
They beat Dallas. Just saying.

Honestly, sitting out Duncan and Parker against Dallas in the playoffs is something the spurs should seriously look into...

Findog
12-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Honestly, sitting out Duncan and Parker against Dallas in the playoffs is something the spurs should seriously look into...

What's funny is that Richard Jefferson killed us that night. Dallas historically has had lots of trouble defending good wing players.

badfish22
12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Point Differential:

Celtics: + 8.6
Hawks: + 8.0
Lakers: + 7.0
Cavs: + 6.6
Magic:+ 5.3
Nuggets: + 5.2
Spurs: + 5.1
Mavericks: + 4.7
Suns: + 3.8
Blazers: + 3.5
Jazz: + 2.4
Zombie Sonics: + 1.8
Heat: + 1.7
Rockets: + 0.7

PD is something the Mavs need to raise. They don't have the killer instinct sometimes and seem to let opponets back into games. Plus it seems teams shot 100% on desperation comeback threes against us.

spur fan, calm the fuck down. We get it, "it's only december", "spurs are proven champions", etc etc. Maybe you should go back upstairs where you can stroke each other and pray that the spurs somehow get back in the mix.

But as of now, Dallas/Denver/LA are the only "big boys" that might come out the west. Come back and talk to us when the spurs manage to beat a good team.

:lmao

crc21209
12-30-2009, 12:12 AM

Shut up...you're pinked for a reason...:lol

badfish22
12-30-2009, 12:15 AM
What's funny is that Richard Jefferson killed us that night. Dallas historically has had lots of trouble defending good wing players.

Historically is the key word. Mr.Marion wasn't part of our history. Lebron, Kobe, Durant and Melo have all had "off" nights against us.
Fast pg's could still be a problem. Jennings would have beat us single-handedly if it wasn't for Roddy. Anyone see him around lately?

ElNono
12-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Is there some reason why you're taking this thread personally? I just presented some stats for the contending teams in the league without comment. Why does this bother you? Some NBA fans in the NBA Forum want to discuss league-wide issues. It's not all about Spur fan.

Cherry picking stats is a Non-Issue...

ulosturedge
12-30-2009, 01:20 AM

What bothers me is you tried to make this point on the Spurs board and then 5 minutes later made a post in the NBA forum just to try and justify your cause. Why go through all that trouble? And then you went out of your way to point out that the Spurs weren't worth putting up their numbers against .500 teams. When no one even asked or mentioned the Spurs. Keep acting the fool.

And some one tell Bad Odor or w/e his name is that I don't argue with "pink slips".

Findog
12-30-2009, 01:51 AM
And then you went out of your way to point out that the Spurs weren't worth putting up their numbers against .500 teams. When no one even asked or mentioned the Spurs. Keep acting the fool.

That was a pre-emptory strike so Spur fan wouldn't be like "What about us?"

Findog
12-30-2009, 01:56 AM

I agree. I thought their unconventional lineup with Lewis at the 4 spreading the floor with his 3-point shooting, along with Hedo playing Point Forward, was a big reason they got to the Finals. It allowed them to reap the benefits of smallball while still having Howard on the floor to anchor the defense and protect the rim. He's fast enough to run the floor well enough for that to work.

I can understand Orlando's decision to not tweak their roster but make decisive changes after coming up short. It just seems like contradictory. They're in win-now mode, so they go deep into luxury tax territory to keep their backup C and get a backup PF for their bench in Bass that they never play. But on the other hand, they didn't want to give Hedo 4/55 because they didn't think he'd earn that contract, even though in the near-term he's a better fit for them.

ItsOnlyDecember
12-30-2009, 02:00 AM
It'sOnlyDecemer troll is awesome. S.P.A.D!

Hello my friend! Good win for the spurs and your lakers tonight :toast

anonoftheinternets
12-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Hello my friend! Good win for the spurs and your lakers tonight :toast

yer dead in 2 days ... oh and happy new year ...

anonoftheinternets
12-30-2009, 02:26 AM
cant wait for itsonlyjan .. and thersalwaysnextyear ...

FkLA
12-30-2009, 08:10 AM
2-10 vs .500 or better teams, even H/R differential. The Suns are 6-9 against .500 or better teams and have a +6 H/R differential

Yeah because a 6-9 record is so much better than a 2-10 record right? Also I take the 4-5 games early in the season against + .500 with a grain of salt...Tim, Tony, and Manu all missed time sometimes a combination of two of them. That wont be the finished product that youll see from this team come playoffs. Other than that Spurs have recently lost @ Utah, @ Phoenix, vs Thuggets, vs Celtics. They were all pretty close games, Im not into moral victories at all but at the same time lets not get carried away and act like theyre not capable of hanging with these +.500 teams.

Spurs are still Top 5 or near that in numerous team stats like Team Efficiency and Point Differential, again all this shit while playing horrible and with still alot of room to improve. But yeah go ahead and keep counting them out and putting a fork in them just dont be surprised when theyre right in the thick of things come May.

The Franchise
12-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Lakers record against .500 or better teams: 9-6

Celtics record against .500 or better teams: 6-3
Celtics Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +9

Cavaliers record against .500 or better teams: 9-3
Cavaliers Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +10

Magic record against .500 or better teams: 7-7
Magic Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +7

Hawks record against .500 or better teams: 8-3
Hawks Road Win/Home Loss +/- differential: +7

You actually think the Mavs matter?

FkLA
12-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Also does that stat take into consideration the fact that for the Mavs win against the Lakers they were missing Gasol? The win against the Spurs they were missing both Parker and Ginobili? That the Thuggets were missing Chauncey? Point being that alot of shit isnt accounted for so whille that stat can be useful it can also be misleading, especially this early in the season...chances are those teams the Mavs beat isnt the finished product theyll go up against come May. Kind of premature and stupid to determine what teams 'matter' this early based on this little stat.