Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Jordan Farmar
Shannon Brown
Luke Walton
Dj Mbenga
Josh Powell
Lamar Odom

The only positive players right there are Jordan Farmar, who is btw very inconsistent, Shannon Brown (who does'nt have a jumper) and Lamar Odom who is playing like he's not happy with his current marriage with a Kardashian. They absolutely dont have any firepowere there. No player in that bench is capable of giving them points when Kobe is shooting 30% and when Pau Gasol is back to his soft shell.

2. Bynum and Gasol are underused because of Kobe

This kid Bynum is a straight up gangsta. He has shown he can give the Lakers a legitimate 20 and 10 post presence, of course when Gasol came back his numbers dipped, and while Gasol improved his defensive ratings, he's still neglected plenty of times offensively, thanks to the all mighty i shoot 30 shots a game Kobe Bean Bryant. In what universe do you let a shooting guard who shoots a career 45% FG take most of the shots when you have TWO not ONE but TWO efficient big man who has ranked in the TOP 5 in FG% and POINTS in the PAINT???!!! Again, because of Kobe, Bynum's progression is impeeded and Gasol's efficiency is overlooked,

3. Face it Kobe is much more concerned of winning a scoring title than helping his teammates prepare and condition themselves in the regular season

Kobe is behind Melo in the scoring race and he seems to be very serious about capturing another scoring title to emulate MJ, WHY WOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO AVERAGE 30 PPG WHEN YOU HAVE 3-4 Other PLAYERS WHO CAN HELP LIGHTEN THE LOAD?, Well, its because Kobe does not want Lebron outstaging him. Its funny because Lebron shows how a REAL LEADER should act/play. Bron despite having all the abilities to lead the league in scoring allows his teammates to get their confidence up this year and willingly makes sure they get an adequate amount of shots to . Kkeep their rhythm. Kobe is the exact opposite. He tries to show the world that he can lead a team to an NBA title while averaging 30 Points per game, something only Jordan has done for the past 20 years. Sorry Kobe, its not going to happen because whil you may get your scoring title, the Lakers in general are out of sync because you're such a glory hound,

I think come June, if the Lakers gets past the Suns or denver, Lebron will be hoisting an NBA Finals MVP trophy and it would officially put an end to any debate on whose better between Kobe or Lebron.

Muser
12-29-2009, 04:14 PM
k

TheMACHINE
12-29-2009, 04:16 PM
k

j.dizzle
12-29-2009, 04:17 PM
coo

lefty
12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
l story bro

ChrisRichards
12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Thats why I thought. Kobe fans are mum because they can't handle the truth:lol

Tacker
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
cool story bro

KSeal
Number 1 is legit. The other two are so stupid.

23LeBronJames23
Thats why I thought. Kobe fans are mum because they can't handle the truth:lol

Truth hurts. Dont you know?

lefty
12-29-2009, 04:20 PM
So, their team is deeper than last year and they won't repeat ???

If they don't repeat, it won't have anything to do with their roster

Culburn369
Best record in the NBA.

hater
#1 reason:

their championship hopes rest on Ron Artest keeping his head for the whole season :lol

23LeBronJames23
12-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Best record in the NBA.

and only 9-6 vs .500 teams

Culburn369
12-29-2009, 04:21 PM
You ain't even repeated, Hater. You got no room, daddy-O.

Culburn369
12-29-2009, 04:22 PM

Still the best record.

Kori Ellis
12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
#3 is laughable. You actually believe Kobe cares about a scoring title more than another Championship?

Delusional

j.dizzle
12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
http://samanthakelly.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/toyota-cruisecontrol-50011.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Their weak bench is a legit reason, there is some truth to #2 but they are not underused because of Kobe. Kobe is shooting 48.6% this year, there is a lot more blame on the following:

Artest taking 10.4 shots a game (averaging 42.5% shooting)
Odom taking 8.2 shots a game (normally that's not bad but he's shooting 41.7%)
Fisher shooting 6.8 shots a game (averaging 38.5% shooting)
Farmar taking 6.0 shots a game (averaging 40.2% shooting)

Those 4 guys are to blame for Gasol and Bynum not getting more touches, not Kobe.

KSeal
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Their weak bench is a legit reason, there is some truth to #2 but they are not underused because of Kobe. Kobe is shooting 48.6% this year, but there is a lot more blame on the following:

Artest taking 10.4 shots a game (averaging 42.5% shooting)
Odom taking 8.2 shots a game (normally that's not bad but he's shooting 41.7%)
Fisher shooting 6.8 shots a game (averaging 38.5% shooting)
Farmar taking 6.0 shots a game (averaging 40.2% shooting)

Those 4 guys are to blame for Gasol and Bynum not getting more touches, not Kobe.

And the fact Pau gets a ton of touches and either jab steps for 20 seconds and then passes or tries to back down his man, goes nowhere and then turns the ball over or settles for a jumper which he never hits. Bynum is just straight shit, he deserves no touches, he has no game.

Muser
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
#1 - Weak Bench
#2 - Injuries

ChrisRichards
12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Number 1 is legit. The other two are so stupid.
Tell me why?

Bynum and Gasol needs more touches to be effective. You cant expect them to have 5-10 shots and be on fire when they get the ball.

Kobe needs 23-30 shots a game to get his 30-40 points, so why cant you people use the same logic to another NBA Player?

So, their team is deeper than last year and they won't repeat ???

If they don't repeat, it won't have anything to do with their roster

Lakers are not deeper this year, and they are not better too. Fisher really looks like he's a dead man walking out there with those legs and Odom is playing aweful.

also, IMO Ariza was a better fit for the Lakers than Artest.

Best record in the NBA.
Which does'nt mean anything come playoff time.

#1 reason:

their championship hopes rest on Ron Artest keeping his head for the whole season :lol
I forgot to add that too...

BINGO!!!

These Lakers team are ONLY #`1 in standings because of their FAVORABLE Schedule. If you play as much Home games like the Lakers, you are destined to win a very good amount of your games.

Lakers are struggling against Playoff teams!

They lost badly against:

Utah
Cleveland
Dallas
Phoenix

they lost to Houston too with Ariza as the best player LOL.

They escaped with 2 wins against SUB 500 teams (Milwaukee and Miami) LOL

Culburn369
12-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Ain't as sharp as Daddy rang/sans Kobe, eh?

But, keep a pushin'.

tee, hee.

KSeal
12-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Tell me why?

Bynum and Gasol needs more touches to be effective. You cant expect them to have 5-10 shots and be on fire when they get the ball.

Kobe needs 23-30 shots a game to get his 30-40 points, so why cant you people use the same logic to another NBA Player?

Just because Pau only takes 10 shots does not mean he only gets 10 touches. Pau gets plenty of touches but doesn't do anything with them a lot of the time.

:lmao Bynum, just stop with Bynum. He is an awful basketball player, deserves nothing.

TheMACHINE
12-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Tell me why?

Lakers are not deeper this year, and they are not better too. Fisher really looks like he's a dead man walking out there with those legs and Odom is playing aweful.

also, IMO Ariza was a better fit for the Lakers than Artest.

Which does'nt mean anything come playoff time.

I forgot to add that too...

BINGO!!!

These Lakers team are ONLY #`1 in standings because of their FAVORABLE Schedule. If you play as much Home games like the Lakers, you are destined to win a very good amount of your games.

Lakers are struggling against Playoff teams!

They lost badly against:

Utah
Cleveland
Dallas
Phoenix

they lost to Houston too with Ariza as the best player LOL.

They escaped with 2 wins against SUB 500 teams (Milwaukee and Miami) LOL

Does all this make you feel better about your team's chances to win?

ChrisRichards
12-29-2009, 04:39 PM
#3 is laughable. You actually believe Kobe cares about a scoring title more than another Championship?

Delusional
I never said Kobe cared more than the scoring title. Kobe however is subconsciously leading his team into a death trao because he seems very intent in winning a scoring title.

Why would Kobe shoot 120 times in the last 4 games when he can dish it to Gasol, Bynum and Artest? (who again are shooting 50+% in the post). Artest cant even find his rhythm because Kobe is taking so much shot from the perimeter players.

Kobe has no business shooting 7/24 times in that LOSS against UTAH with a dislocated finger when Gasol himself (who shot 60% in that game btw) can help him for one game. Kobe wants that scoring title.

Face it Kobe can average 25 ppg, dish out 8 assists a game and the Lakers would be a much much better team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 04:39 PM
And the fact Pau gets a ton of touches and either jab steps for 20 seconds and then passes or tries to back down his man, goes nowhere and then turns the ball over or settles for a jumper which he never hits. Bynum is just straight shit, he deserves no touches, he has no game.

A big problem with Bynum is that once he gets the ball in the post his teammates know the chances are slim to none it's getting passed back out. IMO that's got a lot to do with Bynum worrying that he'll have to sit there and watch Fisher jack up threes if he passes out. There needs to be a collective effort from that entire team to make the extra pass. Either way I'm by no means a Kobe fan but blaming him is retarded.

Culburn369
12-29-2009, 04:40 PM
:lmao Bynum, just stop with Bynum. He is an awful basketball player, deserves nothing.

Total nonsense.

ChrisRichards
12-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Just because Pau only takes 10 shots does not mean he only gets 10 touches. Pau gets plenty of touches but doesn't do anything with them a lot of the time.

Yeah, of course Bynum is trash. He was ONLY helping the Lakers to a #1 Western Conference record averaging 20 and 10 BEFORE Gasol was traded to the Lakers and WHEN Gasol was injured early this season.

:rolleyes

A big problem with Bynum is that once he gets the ball in the post his teammates know the chances are slim to none it's getting passed back out. IMO that's got a lot to do with Bynum worrying that he'll have to sit there and watch Fisher jack up threes if he passes out. There needs to be a collective effort from that entire team to make the extra pass. Either way I'm by no means a Kobe fan but blaming him is retarded.
And I could understand why Bynum is doing that. He's much more effecive on both ends when he scores. A player's confidence level raises when they score. Simple as that. Why use Bynum exclusively on defense (As some Kobe fans attests) when he can also give you points down low at a 55% shooting rate?

DAF86
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Delusional

That's not what he said.

Obviously Kobe would rather win the championship than the scoring title, but I think he really wants to win both.

This is Kobe we're talking about, he's ultra competitive, he's not conformed with winning, he has to dominate and show he's the best. I don't think is so delusional to think that Kobe wants to win the championship and the scoring title to show that he is the best right now and maybe even start a serious MJ/Kobe debate (even though this has already been started by dumb Lakers fans)

ChrisRichards
12-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Total nonsense.
In LA, no one's shit smells good or edible unless its coming from Kobe.

tee,hee...

ChrisRichards
12-29-2009, 04:49 PM
that's not what he said.

Obviously kobe would rather win the championship than the scoring title, but i think he really wants to win both.

This is kobe we're talking about, he's ultra competitive, he's not conformed with winning, he has to dominate and show he's the best. I don't think is so delusional to think that kobe wants to win the championship and the scoring title to show that he is the best right now and maybe even start a serious mj/kobe debate (even though this has already been started by dumb lakers fans)

someone fucking gets it!!!

nkdlunch
12-29-2009, 05:29 PM
many reasons, to name a few:
- Andrew "glass" Bydumb
- Lamar "never know what you gonna get" Odom
- Ron "el loco" Artest
- Derek "the corpse" Fisher
- LMAO @ their bench
-

TheMACHINE
12-29-2009, 05:34 PM
many reasons, to name a few:
- Andrew "glass" Bydumb
- Lamar "never know what you gonna get" Odom
- Ron "el loco" Artest
- Derek "the corpse" Fisher
- LMAO @ their bench
-

wow..other than ron..same reasons the won the championship last year. :toast

DAF86
12-29-2009, 05:37 PM
wow..other than ron..same reasons the won the championship last year. :toast

How about the Celtics beign healthy?

BadOdor
12-29-2009, 05:38 PM
How about the Celtics beign healthy?

Chances of them staying healthy looking more and more slim.....Not our fault they are too old:toast

milkshakeballa
12-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Per 36 minute...this year, Kobe has shot 21.7 per game. Last year, per 36 minutes, Kobe has shot 20.8. Thats just about .9 shots per game more than last year. Lets not forget he's also shot only .3 more fts. That I'd say, give or take...is just about one more possession for the "ball hog".

MiamiHeat
12-29-2009, 06:03 PM

Delusional

hey Kori

I know this might be annoying to you, but if you could be kind enough to comply anyway :P

Is ChrisRichards my account, or used by me at all?

thanks. I ask only because I am being blamed for owning that account 'ChrisRichards' as a troll account.

So, thanks for reading, if you comply or not, thanks anyway.

TheMACHINE
12-29-2009, 06:13 PM
hey Kori

I know this might be annoying to you, but if you could be kind enough to comply anyway :P

thanks.

:lmao Nice try ChrisRichards

RsxPiimp
12-29-2009, 07:46 PM
:lmao Nice try ChrisRichards

:lol thats pretty sad

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2009, 07:55 PM
the amount of shots Kobe takes is completely irrelevant IMO..Kobe's "ball-hogging" has always been really overplayed and I hate when my fellow haters use it as an argument..the only instance where Kobe's ball-hogging did major damage was the 2004 Finals, but I hate when people bring up his "ball-hogging" any time post-Shaq..

the Lakers have some obvious flaws that will have to be corrected..

-spacing issues..they have 2 guys that clog the paint..they have no 3-point shooting this year..Kobe's 3-point shot has been completely off, which has led to more Kobe in the post..this has hurt the Lakers spacing in a huge way, and it's been part of the reason for their struggles..

-lack of depth..obvious problem..their bench is average at best..they never know what they're going to get from their bench, even Odom..if it was me, I'd move Bynum to the bench and have Odom play with the starters..it would help their spacing and their bench play since Bynum can be a #1 option there IMO..

they have some other minor flaws, but those are the 2 main flaws that can hurt them..

every other "elite" team has had some noticeable flaws as well though, so I'd say the Lakers are still the favorites to win it all, maybe 2nd to Boston..

DrHouse
12-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Kori if you're going to ban Culburn the least you can do is ban the ChrisRichards and MiamiHeat trolls.

They provide NOTHING of value to this forum. Constant Kobe and Laker bashing. It's rather annoying. If we are doing some house cleaning before the New Year then these two clowns should be at the top of the list.

MiamiHeat
12-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Garbage. This isn't LakersGround, if you don't like what I have to say about your fake ass superstar, then learn to deal with opposing opinions.

As for ChrisRichards, he's a laker fan just like you, who trolls and spams the board trying to imitate people who bash kobe bryant.

You lakerfans are a disease. Control yourself instead of trying to spread your garbage to everyone else.

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2009, 09:05 PM
some rude comments from House..what a hater..

namlook
12-29-2009, 09:12 PM
No player in that bench is capable of giving them points....

Kobe is much more concerned of winning a scoring title...

You lost all credibility with these two statements.

MiamiHeat
12-29-2009, 09:13 PM
He's not concerned with credibility. He's faking his kobe hate. he's a troll for a laker fan. Which one? i don't know

Rummpd
12-29-2009, 10:00 PM
1. They are truly not that good /deep as many think, and they had a playoff run that was marginal helped by injuries to key teams they faced or would have barring injuries (i.e. Celtics, Spurs) and have had a soft schedule so far.
2. Bynum overhyped and a 40 year old or so Fisher won't save their #$% again.
3. Still a soft team except one thug named Artest ready to explode at any time.

MiamiHeat
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm not so sure Artest is a thug

he didn't stand up to ben wallace, but he did go after a small white man

jag
12-29-2009, 10:19 PM
The Lakers are the most talented team in the West (if not the NBA). Only way they don't make it out of the west:

-Denver matures and becomes disciplined. There's no reason to think this will ever happen.

-the Mavs make a blockbuster trade at the deadline involving that worthless thing Drew Gooden calls a body.

-The Spurs magically start playing like it's 2007

mogrovejo
12-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Offensive spacing. Just too many guys playing the post.

Backcourt quickness, especially on the defensive end.

Bench.

Danny.Zhu
12-29-2009, 11:30 PM
I am very positive on Lakers this year. Their system is mature.

I'll just give you one example: Ron Artest, contrary to what people said in the summer, has been integrated to the team way better than RJ&Dyess, Rasheed, Ariza and Shaq, with the exception of Carter.

scanry
12-30-2009, 12:22 AM
hey Kori

thanks. I ask only because I am being blamed for owning that account 'ChrisRichards' as a troll account.

So, thanks for reading, if you comply or not, thanks anyway.

:lol

MiamiHeat
12-30-2009, 12:43 AM
lmao just caught it

then ill say

"Kori, at your own convenience, if you can please post if I am ChrisRichards or not, thanks. "

ulosturedge
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Lakers are still the team to beat. The only thing that has changed is they don't look as invincible as everyone thought they were. They are showing some trends of the pre-gasol days where Kobe tries to do everything and they lose the game. Kobe trying to do too much or his teamates not doing enough. Who knows. Either way the Lakers are much more consistent in playing good basketball (A credit to their coach). So they don't have to overrun teams all they have to do is wait for the other teams to self-destruct. Ala last years playoffs.

all_heart
12-30-2009, 02:33 AM
They got a good starting 5, however their bench is really bad. Add the fact that Kobe plays too many minutes, it could spell disaster if he gets seriously injured. He looked completely exhausted in post game interviews last year in the playoffs. Maybe he's trying to give the Lakers a 5 game cushion come April and take a few games off.. I kinda doubt it.

eisfeld
12-30-2009, 03:18 AM
It's amazing that the Lakers manage to win even with that crappy bench. That deserves a little respect.

Banzai
12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Lakers bench is pure trash.