PDA

View Full Version : Suns trade Tucker to Wolves for Hart

Pistons < Spurs
12-29-2009, 06:18 PM
The Phoenix Suns today traded swingman Alando Tucker, a future conditional second-round pick and cash considerations to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for guard Jason Hart, the team announced. The Suns have waived Hart.

“We want to thank Alando for his service to our organization,” said Suns President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Steve Kerr. “He is a high-character person who has been a good teammate and a hard worker since arriving in Phoenix and we appreciate all of his efforts. We wish him well in Minnesota.”

The 6-6, 205-pound Tucker was originally selected by the Suns with the 29th overall pick (first round) in the 2007 NBA Draft. In two-plus seasons in Phoenix, the Wisconsin product has appeared in 47 games with the Suns, including 11 appearances in 2009-10 in which he averaged 3.9 points in 6.5 minutes. The Lockport, Ill.-native owns career NBA averages of 4.3 points and 1.0 rebounds in 8.5 minutes.

Coming off a 15-point win over the NBA-leading LA Lakers, the Suns (20-12) return to action Wednesday night, hosting the Eastern Conference-best Boston Celtics (23-7) at US Airways Center at 7 p.m. Phoenix time. The game can be seen locally on FOX Sports Arizona and heard on Sports 620 KTAR.http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5204

Pero
12-29-2009, 06:22 PM
What's the purpose of this trade? Cash?

iggypop123
12-29-2009, 06:23 PM
they traded cash to save cash? thats the suns for you

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Just another trade made so Sarver can save some money. Pick someone in the first round, never give the guy minutes to prove himself, then trade him. Recipe for success!

BRHornet45
12-29-2009, 06:26 PM
sons that right ... like I said earlier the yahoo.com article was false about my Hornets. they ain't dumb enough to give up DOWNTOWN Devin Brown for a scrub like that.

MiamiHeat
12-29-2009, 06:38 PM
How poor is Sarver? Did he barely buy the Suns? Is he trying to stay afloat and save himself from bankruptcy?

Why does he run this basketball team like that?????

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 06:41 PM
How poor is Sarver? Did he barely buy the Suns? Is he trying to stay afloat and save himself from bankruptcy?

Why does he run this basketball team like that?????

He took a huge hit in real estate, but before that he was still cheap. To him, the Suns are an asset he plans on flipping for a profit.

Venti Quattro
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Sons how can be NBA owners overthrown? Sarver would be #1 on my list. He's a cheapmunk who makes his team as a cash cow first rather than a long-term investment.

JMarkJohns
12-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Earlier I read that Hart was traded to the Hornets for Devin Brown. Did that not happen? Obviously the wolves can't trade the same player to two different teams, so I'm guessing that other rumored deal fell through and the wolves did this in its place. This one is the better deal anyways. Tucker is an expiring contract, but also a player with some potential and they get a future 2nd-rounder out of the deal.

Pistons < Spurs
12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Earlier I read that Hart was traded to the Hornets for Devin Brown. Did that not happen?

correct.

Stump
12-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Sons how can be NBA owners overthrown? Sarver would be #1 on my list. He's a cheapmunk who makes his team as a cash cow first rather than a long-term investment.
Nah, Donald Sterling is worse. The man is a racist prick and a parasite to the league.

pauls931
12-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Too bad he didn't take a harder hit to where he was forced to sell the suns. I'm just waiting for the lakers to trade Walton and an expiring contract to the suns for Amare.

Venti Quattro
12-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Nah, Donald Sterling is worse. The man is a racist prick and a parasite to the league.
The Clippers are bad altogether and need to blow up, although you have to give it to them that they are competing this season.

Sarver has screwed and is still screwing the Suns' chances at any long playoff run.

noob cake
12-29-2009, 07:07 PM
So I just looked at the 07 draft; Suns got Rudy also?

Tucker could have been Carl Landry or Marc Gasol, sigh

sribb43
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Finally the suns make a move that counters gasol to LA

Thunder Dan
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
that's a solid day for Hart..... "sorry you have been traded to the Suns.....oh and they just cut you so start looking for a job instead of apartments"

balli
12-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Hart was a worthless little bitch the whole time he was in Utah. I hope that fucker never plays an NBA game again.

loveforthegame
12-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Tucker should get his chance to play now that he's in Minnesota. Good for him. Suns did him a favor.

Goran Dragic
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Tucker should get his chance to play now that he's in Minnesota. Good for him. Suns did him a favor.

Tucker doesn't deserve shit. Maybe the Suns should have played him more he gave them little to no reason to with that disgusting looking jumper of his.

Xylus
12-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Tucker doesn't deserve shit. Maybe the Suns should have played him more he gave them little to no reason to with that disgusting looking jumper of his.

Tucker's a great teammate and great locker room presence by all accounts. He deserves to get playing time.