http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8432/offenseroster.png
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9577/defensiveroster.png

samikeyp
12-29-2009, 07:49 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143068

:D

Dr. Gonzo
12-29-2009, 07:53 PM
haha I saw that. You beat me by a minute. Mine looks better though.

samikeyp
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
true.

vander
12-29-2009, 07:55 PM
:lol @ 3 Houston Defenders

IronMexican
12-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Revis deserves to be #1:tu He definitely had the best season.

samikeyp
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
IMex got 2 Raiders... :tu

Dr. Gonzo
12-29-2009, 07:59 PM

DeMeco and Cushing deserve it, Mario no so much.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Champ Bailey?

vander
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
and :lol @ Deilman too,
we're the worst Rushing team in the league, and it looked to me like we usually got better push and bigger holes running to the right.

Dr. Gonzo
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Who's we? Do you play?

12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Faneca sucked this year, too.

Bengals not playing in one nationally televised game this year looks like it hurt them.

All-Pro > PB

IronMexican
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
IMex got 2 Raiders... :tu

Jano should be in too.

PixelPusher
12-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Pleasantly surprised to see Vernon Davis made it and got the starting slot. I thought he would've been bumped out by Tony Gonzalez.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Seems to me like a lot of offensive linemen made it on name. I've been a Deuce Lutui hater but he deserved it.

12-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Wait, no Lions made the team?

Dr. Gonzo
12-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Wait, no Lions made the team?

I thought at least one player from each team had to make it, or is that the MLB?

12-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Majors

Dr. Gonzo
12-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Fucking baseball...I hate that they treat their league like they are all winners.

mojorizen7
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
As long as my boy SJax made it I'm at peace. :toast

What about our punter though? Donnie Jones was lights out this year.

katyon6th
12-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Well deserved for all Broncos on the roster, even Champ.

12-29-2009, 09:19 PM
It's probably a wash, but Hall played well in Cincy and I probably would have voted for him.

Champ has lost a step but he's still pretty damn good.

katyon6th
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Champ has lost a step but he's still pretty damn good.

31 year old eight time pro bowler in his 10th season in the league running along side dudes in their early 20's. He still fucking impresses me.

JoeTait75
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Cribbs was a no-brainer but it's nice to see Joe Thomas rewarded. Amid all the constant chaos that is the Browns he just goes out and gets it done week in and week out.

BlackSwordsMan
12-29-2009, 10:24 PM
no romo? fucking outrageous!

dirk4mvp
12-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Would've liked to see Gary Brackett make it, but I just don't see a spot for him.

Phillip
12-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Revis deserves to be #1:tu He definitely had the best season.

Aso still better.

It's easy to have a nicer looking season in the secondary when your offense can score points and the front 7 can get some pressure. Aso doesnt have any of that, and still shuts his men down. Stick him on a good team, and the guy will be the best corner of all time.

ducks
12-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Favre among 8 Vikings in Pro Bowl
do they realize the vikings suck

florige
12-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Ed Reed? He has sucked for us all year long. He had an alright game against the Colts but Pro Bowl?

dirk4mvp
12-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Aso still better.

It's easy to have a nicer looking season in the secondary when your offense can score points and the front 7 can get some pressure. Aso doesnt have any of that, and still shuts his men down. Stick him on a good team, and the guy will be the best corner of all time.

Can you really make a case for Asomugha? Look at the guys Revis shut down.

gaKNOW!blee
12-29-2009, 11:24 PM
How did David Harris not make it??

David_Stern
12-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Brian Orakpo made it for the Skins, but not London Fletcher. Lovely.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:21 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao top 5 QB

ATRAIN
12-30-2009, 11:50 AM

they are the best 3 defenders we have, I really dont see why this is funny??

samikeyp
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM

No.

The three QB choices are just fine. I would like to see Romo there and I feel he is a deserving choice but the other three are moreso.

vander
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
they are the best 3 defenders we have, I really dont see why this is funny??

sure, if the rules were that every team sends it's 3 best defenders :lol
last I checked, Houston had an average-at-best defense, yet they get more D pro bowlers than any other team, that's a laugh

ATRAIN
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
sure, if the rules were that every team sends it's 3 best defenders :lol
last I checked, Houston had an average-at-best defense, yet they get more D pro bowlers than any other team, that's a laugh

Its a laugh cause we have prob the DROTY in Cushing? Ryans is one of the best MLB in the NFL and was a previous DROTY. Mario, ok he didnt have that great of a season and prob shouldnt be on there. So who would you put in place of all 3 since you seem to be some kind of football Guru. Houston's D as a whole was average yes I agree but they were also one of the best 3 and out defenses out there. They are missing a DT, extra OLB, and CB's to be one of the best in the league and they are young too. So tell me oh wise one, do you honestly believe that Cushing and Ryans don't belong there?

Whisky Dog
12-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Miles Austin rewarded for big time year, too bad he won't be able to participate in the game.

ATRAIN
12-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Miles Austin rewarded for big time year, too bad he won't be able to participate in the game.

why?

samikeyp
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
why?

He'll be too busy crushing pineapples with that grill of his. :)

Whisky Dog
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
why?

The pro bowl is the week before the super bowl this year so players from both teams won't be there.

vander
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
never watched the texans, but usually a good LB on a bad Defense will look like a great LB, because the other team will be running the ball a lot, and the RB will get beyond the DL a lot.

I'm not sure who should have gone, I didn't watch many non-charger games, but I'd think you'd have to look at guys on the top defenses, especially run defenses. Harrison doesn't deserve to be there either, Woodley had a better year than him, DJ Williams should be there, the Colts and Bengals LB corps played outstanding when I saw them, they should have sent someone, and how does NY have the top D in the league and not send a single player from their front 7?

but whatever, it's just a name-recognition thing

benefactor
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
The pro bowl is the week before the super bowl this year so players from both teams won't be there.
:lmao

ATRAIN
12-30-2009, 01:05 PM

Yeah thats what I thought you meant

LOL Whisky Dog

Goran Dragic
12-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Here's my list of questionable decisions:

Deilman - worst running game in the league
Welker - Moss has 9 TD's and more importantly draws a lot of attention away from the middle of the field which opens things up for Welker
Brandon Marshall - How he makes it over Moss and Vincent Jackson is beyond me
Either Jake Long or Joe Thomas - Michael Roos was the best lineman on a team that allowed the 2nd least amount of sacks and averaged the most yards per carry. He needs recognition.
Vince Wilfork - New England's run D has been below average this year.
Mario Williams - made it only cause of his name
DeMeco Ryans - David Harris put up better numbers on a better defense
Champ Bailey - see Mario Williams
Ed Reed - see Mario Williams
Bryant McKinnie - He was just benched last week cause Julius Peppers was abusing him, additionally the crappy line play has forced Favre to throw the ball too much.
Jared Allen - Will Smith got virtually the same numbers and didn't need two scrimmages against the Packers O-line to do so.
Lance Briggs - Makes no sense. At all.

IronMexican
12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Don't hate on the Cattle Roper. Don't forget he's also one of the bestrun stopping DE's in football.

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Welker - Moss has 9 TD's and more importantly draws a lot of attention away from the middle of the field which opens things up for Welker
Vince Wilfork - New England's run D has been below average this year.

IMO Welker & Marshall both deserved it over Moss & Vincent Jackson. Oh, and Moss has 13 TD's.

And NE's run defense has been very good all year. The games where Vince either played hurt or didn't play at all were the only games where the other team had any chance at all running the ball. Wilfork was his usual great self this season. The Patriots lack of pass rush has been the problem, not their run stuffers.

IronMexican
12-30-2009, 02:27 PM
You gotta give Marshall props for being that great while having a QB who can't throw the deep ball.

mardigan
12-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Witten and Guerode shouldn't have made the Pro-Bowl.
Celek or Gonzalez should have been in Wittens spot.

ATRAIN
12-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Witten and Guerode shouldn't have made the Pro-Bowl.
Celek or Gonzalez should have been in Wittens spot.

Visanthe Shiancoe has 10 td's

mardigan
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Visanthe Shiancoe has 10 td's

Less than 500 yards though. Celek has 8 td's and almost 900 yards.

stretch
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Moss definitely deserved it over Welker.

12-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Can you really make a case for Asomugha? Look at the guys Revis shut down.

This year? Nope.

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Welker's been way more consistent. The dude has 122 catches and he friggin missed 2 games.

If he played a full 16 game season he'd be on pace for 150 catches.

Agreed. Wes Welker was the workhorse of the Patriots passing game this year and definitely deserved it over Moss. The guy just catches passes and doesn't complain like his more heralded receiving corps mate, Moss.

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Aso still better.

Sorry, as good as he's been--he's not going to be regarded as the best corner of all-time. Firstly, being the best all time is objective at the very least. Revis has been the best cornerback this year bar none. It will be his position to be top 5 CB for a long time to come. You can say because Nnamdi Asomugha has played longer he can be considered better, but this year belonged to Darelle Revis.

Whisky Dog
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Aso got burned by Miles Austin, Revis shut down Moss twice. Enough said there.

The only reason Moss has so many TDs is because Welker made all the catches to move the ball down there. Welker without a doubt.

gaKNOW!blee
12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
I know the Bills don't really have much of a say only winning 5 games, but I think both Bills safeties shouldve been in. Byrd got in at FS, but George Wilson had a pretty good year for only starting 12 games.

98 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 4 INT....not too bad for a former WR.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 04:46 PM
IMO Welker & Marshall both deserved it over Moss & Vincent Jackson. Oh, and Moss has 13 TD's.

Yeah I fucked that up. In my head I was thinking he had 9 more TD's than Welker when I wrote that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 04:47 PM
And NE's run defense has been very good all year.

22nd in the NFL.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Revis shut down Moss twice.

And Andre Johnson, probably his most impressive game.

gaKNOW!blee
12-30-2009, 04:59 PM
He did get burned by Ginn tho...giving him his only TD of the season. I still have no idea how that happened.

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 05:06 PM
22nd in the NFL.

11th in the NFL. Given up 4 rushing TD's all season long, tied for best in the NFL with Minnesota.

Goran Dragic
12-30-2009, 05:25 PM
11th in the NFL. Given up 4 rushing TD's all season long, tied for best in the NFL with Minnesota.

They're 22nd in yards per carry (4.4, right next to Oakland). IMO, that's the most important rush defense stat.

dirk4mvp
12-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Vincent Jackson is good, but he doesn't even have 75 catches. And he has a lot better QB throwing to him. But then again 21 of Marshall's catches came against a midget backup.

Jared Allen - Will Smith got virtually the same numbers and didn't need two scrimmages against the Packers O-line to do so.

But he got half of his sacks against the cheesedick Packers line! Goat!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Then again right you're NE's run defense would be better if Wilfork was healthy all year. Now that I think about it, he's better than Casey fatass Hampton.

vander
12-30-2009, 06:56 PM

yeah Welker was obviously much more vital to that offense, Moss disappeared for stretches and just got a lot of touchdown tosses to keep his ego massaged, but Moss was quite the disappointment this year.

and VJ, though he could have gotten better stats in a different system, doesn't deserve to be in over Marshall, Marshall basically carried that Denver offense.

however, Rivers's deep ball is terrible, his average bomb to VJ is about 5 yards off. often times his throws are under or overthrown by 10 yards. If he could hit VJ deep, I'm sure VJ would have been in the Pro Bowl. frankly, I think VJ/Gates/Floyd/the screen pass make Rivers look like a better QB than he is.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 07:03 PM
:lmao calling Welker more vital to the offense. The only reason the middle of the field is always so open for Welker is because of the attention Moss draws from the safeties.

Whisky Dog
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Rivers deep ball is terrible? He throws one of the best deep balls in the league. Everybody misses some but he gets the ball there as well as anyone. Sometimes the receiver doesn't run the route correctly and either hesitates, slows down, or breaks the route too much one way or another.

vander
12-30-2009, 07:53 PM
:lmao calling Welker more vital to the offense. The only reason the middle of the field is always so open for Welker is because of the attention Moss draws from the safeties.

riiiiiiight. why don't you ask Brady who he would rather play without

or wait until they don't resign Moss and watch Welker go for 10/100 no matter who the other WR is

or just watch the games, welker could have 3 defenders keying on him and still get open, welker can't be covered when he's in sync with Brady

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 07:54 PM

Moss is more important than Welker, but you can't deny Welker's production. Dude has brought it big time this year.

And I think we all tried to erase from our memories what happened earlier in the year when Welker was out and Brady was forced to go to Joey Galloway instead.

vander
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Rivers deep ball is terrible? He throws one of the best deep balls in the league. Everybody misses some but he gets the ball there as well as anyone. Sometimes the receiver doesn't run the route correctly and either hesitates, slows down, or breaks the route too much one way or another.

in the league? think about that man, start making a list:

Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Schaub, other Manning, Favre, Warner, even guys like Roeth and Romo throw more accurate deep balls, and I haven't seen much of Flaco or that Atlanta QB, they might be on the list too

pretty much every "franchise QB" throws a better deep ball than Rivers. Rivers is good because he always makes the right throw

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Moss is more important than Welker, but you can't deny Welker's production. Dude has brought it big time this year.

And I think we all tried to erase from our memories what happened earlier in the year when Welker was out and Brady was forced to go to Joey Galloway instead.

I'm not denying Welker has had a great year, my only point there is that Welker's production is largely due to Moss.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
welker could have 3 defenders keying on him and still get open

This is based on what?

vander
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm not denying Welker has had a great year, my only point there is that Welker's production is largely due to Moss.

you're not a pats fan are you? cause you're talking like a person who hasn't seen a single pats game this year :lol

you've got to be like a vikings fan or something, remembering the glory days of Moss, he's not that guy anymore

vander
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM
This is based on what?

evens that have occurred in recent months, and were even filmed for all to see

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM
you're not a pats fan are you? cause you're talking like a person who hasn't seen a single pats game this year :lol

you've got to be like a vikings fan or something, remembering the glory days of Moss, he's not that guy anymore

I'm a Pats fan, and idk why you're acting like someone with 1100+ yards and 13 touchdowns is a scrub.

vander
12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm a Pats fan, and idk why you're acting like someone with 1100+ yards and 13 touchdowns is a scrub.

being lesser than Welker does not equate to being a scrub.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:21 PM
being lesser than Welker does not equate to being a scrub.

Moss has 147 less yards than Welker and 9 more touchdowns, how exactly is he lesser than Welker?

vander
12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Moss has 147 less yards than Welker and 9 more touchdowns, how exactly is he lesser than Welker?

LT has a bunch of TDs this year too, so what? TDs are hardly indicative of production and importance.

Moss gets the occasional big play, lots of WRs can do that, Welker consistently moves the chains, very few players in the NFL can do that.

edit: also, welker got his yards in one or two fewer games than Moss

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
LT has a bunch of TDs this year too, so what? TDs are hardly indicative of production and importance.

So 147 yards > 9 touchdowns?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:33 PM
edit: also, welker got his yards in one or two fewer games than Moss

He also got his yards being guarded by the 2nd best corner on the other team. If you think defenses focus on stopping Welker anywhere near as much as they focus on stopping Moss then you're retarded.

vander
12-30-2009, 08:46 PM
He also got his yards being guarded by the 2nd best corner on the other team. If you think defenses focus on stopping Welker anywhere near as much as they focus on stopping Moss then you're retarded.

like I said earlier, hopefully we'll get a chance to see welker in action without Moss someday, maybe then you will see and understand.

moving the chains >>> getting the TDs
Moss is much much more replaceable than Welker, Brady would tell you that, Belichick would tell you that, it's not hard to see, but you are stuck on the TDs and the former greatness of Moss.

had Welker stayed healthy, he would have broken the receptions in a season record, and if the Pats weren't worried about Moss's ego, more of those TDs would have gone Welkers way too, but you got to keep Moss from becoming a problem, so you toss him the TDs :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:50 PM
more of those TDs would have gone Welkers way too, but you got to keep Moss from becoming a problem, so you toss him the TDs :lol

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Moss is much much more replaceable than Welker, Brady would tell you that, Belichick would tell you that

Have you asked them?

dirk4mvp
12-30-2009, 09:59 PM

That's rich coming from a so called Charger fan who thinks Rivers' deep ball is terrible.

Greg Oden
12-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Moss is much much more replaceable than Welker, Brady would tell you that, Belichick would tell you that, it's not hard to see, but you are stuck on the TDs and the former greatness of Moss.

What am I reading? The most physically gifted WR of all time (even still at the ripe age of 32) is 'much more replaceable' than a guy who catches an ass ton of screens and nobody had a clue who he was until he came to NE?

It's obvious you hang out with ducks when his boss lets him have a break during his 14 hr/day shifts.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 10:09 PM
LMAO Chargerfan

Dr. Gonzo
12-30-2009, 10:12 PM

Scoring TD's is kinda important. That's how they get the number that decides the winner.

gaKNOW!blee
12-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Scoring TD's is kinda important. That's how they get the number that decides the winner.

:lol

+1

dirk4mvp
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Is it just a coincidence that Spurstalk Charger fans are retarded?

vander
12-30-2009, 10:51 PM

see LT, the guy scoring the TD isn't always the reason the team was able to score a TD.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 10:55 PM
see LT, the guy scoring the TD isn't always the reason the team was able to score a TD.

I didn't know rushing touchdowns had anything to do with a Moss-Welker discussion.

vander
12-30-2009, 10:57 PM
What am I reading? The most physically gifted WR of all time (even still at the ripe age of 32) is 'much more replaceable' than a guy who catches an ass ton of screens and nobody had a clue who he was until he came to NE?

It's obvious you hang out with ducks when his boss lets him have a break during his 14 hr/day shifts.

in what way? he won't go over the middle, he isn't quick or shifty, can't create separation in a small amount of space, he's a glorified Malcolm Floyd at this point.

nobody had a clue who who he was is that supposed to be a point of some sort? nobody knew who Kurt Warner was either, so I guess he can't be very good

you people need to go back to Madden where you can bomb it deep to Moss all day, there's a reality you can understand, the real NFL seems to be a little to tough for you to grasp

vander
12-30-2009, 10:58 PM
I didn't know rushing touchdowns had anything to do with a Moss-Welker discussion.

I'm starting to understand how you wouldn't be able to make the connection

gaKNOW!blee

14, 40, 28, 9, 71, 63, 5, 4, 58, 13, 2, 6, 17

Thats the yardage on all of Moss' TD's this year. For an average of 25 yards per touchdown (13 of them)

I didn't look...but something tells me these numbers are not similar for LT.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
in what way? he won't go over the middle, he isn't quick or shifty, can't create separation in a small amount of space, he's a glorified Malcolm Floyd at this point.

Since apparently either one of us can grab 13 receiving touchdowns, how is it a glorified Malcolm Floyd has 1189 receiving yards?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm starting to understand how you wouldn't be able to make the connection

In case you didn't notice everyone in this thread thinks you're retarded.

vander
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
That's rich coming from a so called Charger fan who thinks Rivers' deep ball is terrible.

what makes you think it isn't? do you just assume that a completion indicates an accurate throw? you just going on the stats and box scores?

vander
12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
In case you didn't notice everyone in this thread thinks you're retarded.

that's important, because consensus = fact, and 4 people = consensus :lol

when has a message board mob ever been right about anything :lol

Dr. Gonzo
12-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Especially this message board. Though, if Welker was a Cowboy you would have more people agreeing with you.

vander
12-30-2009, 11:13 PM
14, 40, 28, 9, 71, 63, 5, 4, 58, 13, 2, 6, 17

Thats the yardage on all of Moss' TD's this year. For an average of 25 yards per touchdown (13 of them)

I didn't look...but something tells me these numbers are not similar for LT.

and?

:bang man, you people are just so dense, there's no way I can explain it to you, you wont believe anything your eyes can't see, on a stat sheet, Malcolm Floyd would have gone for 1000 yards and 12 TD in place of Moss, what Moss did this year was not special, Marshall would have scored like 16 TDs and had 1600 yards. but since I can't rewind time and create an alternate reality with these parameters for you to view, you are, unfortunately, stuck with your ignorance. :lol :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:15 PM

It's a lot better than your logic

What I think Brady or Belichick would say (when there's no basis for that claim at all) = fact

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Malcolm Floyd would have gone for 1000 yards and 12 TD in place of Moss

You've managed to out dumb all of the really dumb shit you've said in this thread, great job.

gaKNOW!blee
12-30-2009, 11:21 PM
and?

:bang man, you people are just so dense, there's no way I can explain it to you, you wont believe anything your eyes can't see, on a stat sheet, Malcolm Floyd would have gone for 1000 yards and 12 TD in place of Moss, what Moss did this year was not special, Marshall would have scored like 16 TDs and had 1600 yards. but since I can't rewind time and create an alternate reality with these parameters for you to view, you are, unfortunately, stuck with your ignorance. :lol :toast

I give facts, you give predictions and speculation. Thanks for tryin tho.

vander
12-30-2009, 11:24 PM
It's a lot better than your logic

What I think Brady or Belichick would say (when there's no basis for that claim at all) = fact

the basis for that claim would be the assumed intelligence and understanding of football both Brady and Belichick possess.
I'm 100% confident that they would (if being truly honest) tell you Welker is the more vital player. I would love to hear them answer the question hooked up to a lie detector, while you are just glad that they won't be divulging this information, once again preferring ignorance.

vander
12-30-2009, 11:30 PM
I give facts, you give predictions and speculation. Thanks for tryin tho.

facts, like the yards of each TD? that's nice, so you think that WRs can and should be ranked based on stats? and you think the most important stat is TDs? do you have any facts that support this assumption? historically, how well has the most TD-scoring WR correlated with SB success, versus say... total receptions, or first down receptions on third down, or total yards.

do elaborate on you cold hard irrefutable facts

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss are the only two players in the NFL with 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns, are you saying Malcolm Floyd could be one of two players with 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns if he were on NE instead of Moss?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:35 PM

I think you should elaborate on how Malcolm Floyd could have 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns on New England.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:38 PM
So is it just coincidence 6 of the 8 pro bowl receivers have 9 or more TD's this year?

12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
This thread got stupid real quick.

Welker is a great WR in his own right, but the dude doesn't hold a candle to Mr. Moss.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Chargerfan made this thread stupid real quick.

fify

gaKNOW!blee
12-30-2009, 11:41 PM
facts, like the yards of each TD? that's nice, so you think that WRs can and should be ranked based on stats? and you think the most important stat is TDs? do you have any facts that support this assumption? historically, how well has the most TD-scoring WR correlated with SB success, versus say... total receptions, or first down receptions on third down, or total yards.

lol ok ill do the research and get right back to you...meanwhile, go lay face down in your bath tub. be sure to run the water.

vander
12-30-2009, 11:45 PM
I think you should elaborate on how Malcolm Floyd could have 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns on New England.

well if Ricochet Caldwell can get get 800 yards opposite NOBODY on a Belichick offense then... well here we go again, I can't expect you to grasp hypotheticals or make connections, if it didn't happen, it couldn't have happened.
Macolm Floyd never caught a pass from Brady, so to assume that he could even catch one pass for one yard is quite a stretch of the imagination.

I concede :lol

vander
12-30-2009, 11:50 PM
lol ok ill do the research and get right back to you...meanwhile, go lay face down in your bath tub. be sure to run the water.

can't argue those facts :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:51 PM
well if Ricochet Caldwell can get get 800 yards opposite NOBODY on a Belichick offense then... well here we go again, I can't expect you to grasp hypotheticals or make connections, if it didn't happen, it couldn't have happened.
Macolm Floyd never caught a pass from Brady, so to assume that he could even catch one pass for one yard is quite a stretch of the imagination.

I concede :lol

Thanks for answering my question.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:52 PM

And don't forget to bring a hair dryer in with you.

vander
12-30-2009, 11:55 PM
its always funny when the opposition has to resort name calling and "kill yourself"

even funnier when they think this symbolizes their victory.

you're an idiot! I win! hahahaha

:toast

vander
12-30-2009, 11:56 PM
:lmao at thinking Malcolm Floyd could equal the production of Randy Moss. I've read some stupid shit written by Chargerfans on this board, but that easily takes the cake.

1000 = 1200?
12 = 13?

damn public education system

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:57 PM
its always funny when the opposition has to resort name calling and "kill yourself"

even funnier when they think this symbolizes their victory.

you're an idiot! I win! hahahaha

:toast

Bill Belichick would call you an idiot if you told him Malcolm Floyd could get 1000 yards and 12 TDs on the Patriots.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 11:58 PM
You're really gonna argue one TD difference?

He already said TD's don't matter but now they do, I guess.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:04 AM
If Wes Welker is such a good individual receiver and would be good regardless of what team he's on while Moss is the one who is dependent on New England's system, why is it Welker was a no name prior to being traded to New England while Moss was a multiple time all pro receiver prior to being traded to New England?

12-31-2009, 12:14 AM
Troy Brown was Welker before Welker apparently became this wunderkind one of a kind player.

I guess that means Glenn equals Moss.

vander
12-31-2009, 12:19 AM
Bill Belichick would call you an idiot if you told him Malcolm Floyd could get 1000 yards and 12 TDs on the Patriots.

man you really don't think to highly of Belichick's system, or Brady.

bet you didn't think Welker could do shit either, and then he did, and you still don't quite understand how. :lol

and Floyd is averaging over 50 yards per game since Chambers left, on team that has lots of hands to spread the ball around to, he's a MUCH MUCH better WR than Ricochet, the fact that you think 1000/12 on a Belichick offense is so unattainable is quite ridiculous.

when does Moss become a FA? I hope you get to see my words in action, I hope you get to see a Pats team with Welker tearing it up opposite some average WR.

and when this happens, please, don't kill yourself

12-31-2009, 12:32 AM
the fact that you think 1000/12 on a Belichick offense is so unattainable is quite ridiculous.

Randy Moss is the only player to play for the Pats since BB took over to have 1000/10.

And he's done it all three years in NE.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:32 AM
he's a MUCH MUCH better WR than Ricochet, the fact that you think 1000/12 on a Belichick offense is so unattainable is quite ridiculous.

Name me some receivers who have put up those numbers in Belichick's offense. I'll give you a head start, Randy Moss. Go find someone else since it's apparently so easy to put up those numbers in this offense.

dirk4mvp
12-31-2009, 02:02 AM
what makes you think it isn't? do you just assume that a completion indicates an accurate throw? you just going on the stats and box scores?

What did you and ducks talk about today?

holcs50
12-31-2009, 04:39 AM
yeah Welker was obviously much more vital to that offense, Moss disappeared for stretches and just got a lot of touchdown tosses to keep his ego massaged, but Moss was quite the disappointment this year.

and VJ, though he could have gotten better stats in a different system, doesn't deserve to be in over Marshall, Marshall basically carried that Denver offense.

however, Rivers's deep ball is terrible, his average bomb to VJ is about 5 yards off. often times his throws are under or overthrown by 10 yards. If he could hit VJ deep, I'm sure VJ would have been in the Pro Bowl. frankly, I think VJ/Gates/Floyd/the screen pass make Rivers look like a better QB than he is.

As a long time charger fan I seriously question if you know anything about the team at all. The screen pass/dump off call is what people who don't watch the thing say Rivers always does. Rivers only dumps/screens to sprolesy and LT now and then. Almost all of Gates' completions are up the middle for a minimum of 10 yards, there's hardly any bs 5 yarders to gates-wtf u talkin bout. And VJ for your information has the 2nd highest yards/catch out of the 1000 yard receivers. He has 17.2 y/catch, desean jackson is first with 18.7 y/catch. But I guess that's because they do little drop passes a VJ always runs for like 15 yards after the catch!!! ROFL. VJ gets most of his passes through mid/deep crossing routes and deep outs/slants. I will agree rivers has underthrown him a few times, but damn they have hooked up on a LOT of big time completions. Your analysis of the bolded portion is exactly what a person who doesn't know the chargers would say.

As for VJ over marshall, hell yes. Im sorry you reward the player on the team that is miles better than the other. Marshall has quite a few more catches but look at his avg y/catch....there's the guy who gets quick little dump slants and short yardage catches....11.1 y/catch to 17.2. Quite a big difference. They are about even on TDs and yards, so I give it to the guy who plays for the obviously better team and the guy who makes bigger plays consistently-thats VJ. VJ also opens up a lot of middle plays for gates, and vice-versa. Both are important and both should be pro bowlers for the team with the second best record in the AFL.

HarlemHeat37
12-31-2009, 04:44 AM
The "better team" argument doesn't apply in the NFL for a position like WR IMO..I don't see how it would..

If Marshall was playing for San Diego, it wouldn't even be debatable..

He's the only weapon we've had for our offense..

Jackson has a top 4 QB throwing to him, Tomlinson and Sproles in the backfield and Antonio Gates next to him..compared to Kyle Orton(a top 30 QB?), Moreno and Buckhalter in the backfield, an injury-depleted offensive line with one of the weakest interiors in the NFL, and no other receivers that come anywhere near Gates in impact..

leemajors
12-31-2009, 09:22 AM
[/B]

As a long time charger fan I seriously question if you know anything about the team at all. The screen pass/dump off call is what people who don't watch the thing say Rivers always does. Rivers only dumps/screens to sprolesy and LT now and then. Almost all of Gates' completions are up the middle for a minimum of 10 yards, there's hardly any bs 5 yarders to gates-wtf u talkin bout. And VJ for your information has the 2nd highest yards/catch out of the 1000 yard receivers. He has 17.2 y/catch, desean jackson is first with 18.7 y/catch. But I guess that's because they do little drop passes a VJ always runs for like 15 yards after the catch!!! ROFL. VJ gets most of his passes through mid/deep crossing routes and deep outs/slants. I will agree rivers has underthrown him a few times, but damn they have hooked up on a LOT of big time completions. Your analysis of the bolded portion is exactly what a person who doesn't know the chargers would say.

As for VJ over marshall, hell yes. Im sorry you reward the player on the team that is miles better than the other. Marshall has quite a few more catches but look at his avg y/catch....there's the guy who gets quick little dump slants and short yardage catches....11.1 y/catch to 17.2. Quite a big difference. They are about even on TDs and yards, so I give it to the guy who plays for the obviously better team and the guy who makes bigger plays consistently-thats VJ. VJ also opens up a lot of middle plays for gates, and vice-versa. Both are important and both should be pro bowlers for the team with the second best record in the AFL.

Rivers is pretty good, and pretty accurate, but he doesn't have a very strong arm.

J.T.
12-31-2009, 09:46 AM
The Pro Bowl is not a reward for being on a good team. If your team gets the #1 or #2 seed, half of your team isn't going to Miami. If being on a good team was a criterion for making the Pro Bowl, there would be no Houston, NYJ, or Buffalo players named to the roster, but there are.

Charger fan on this board continues to shoot his own foot off.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Charger fan on this board continues to shoot his own foot off.

It's amazing how one fan base can have so much frontal lobe damage. Other than holc all the Charger fans on here I seriously question whether or not they need help turning their computer on.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Btw Holc, that game was one of the most embarrassing, humiliating things I've ever witnessed.

12-31-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't get why people give a fuck about the PB. Guys get shafted every year.

DeAngelo Williams and Calvin Johnson were two big ones last year.

And Jason Hanson got the snub solely because of the team he played for...

Big fucking deal.

J.T.
12-31-2009, 11:18 AM
It's amazing how one fan base can have so much frontal lobe damage. Other than holc all the Charger fans on here I seriously question whether or not they need help turning their computer on.

Chargers are like the Suns of the NFL right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Chargers are like the Suns of the NFL right now.

If the Chargers are the Suns then the Patriots are the Spurs :lol

J.T.
12-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Spurs never cheated. Try again.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Damn nigga why you so pissed of today?

O-Factor
12-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Son of a bitch, what the fuck is wrong with people.

Malcom Floyd????? Seriously.

holcs50
12-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Btw Holc, that game was one of the most embarrassing, humiliating things I've ever witnessed.

OMG bro. I'm so embarrassed, I really can't defend the pac in any way after that performance. We finally make a good bowl and just shit all over, what was foles like 6-25 for like 50 yards?!?! U kidding ha.

And the chargers fans on spurstalk are a handicapped bunch it seems like. Oh well I weekly go to bars and talk to legitimate fans about them-only team I like that's really a "home" team. JT would be so angry driving around diego right now....chargers flags poppin up and people constantly talking about them...there might be a murder spree. And not all chargers fans are fucking retards-i admit there are a bunch of tattooed faggets who think they're badass and parade around like cocky fans but all fan bases have tards. There's a lot of mellow chargers fans. Obviously this board makes charger fans look bad