PDA

View Full Version : Enough bitching

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2005, 07:55 AM
I've done some thinking and found my balls the other day, so i stopped my whining and have decided that we're GOING to win this in 6. Andre Miller wont go off like that again for the rest of the series, and even though denver's frontline was subpar, once we get rasho back to put an extra big out there, i think we'll be fine. all we need is to win gm 2, get at least a split in DEN, and we've got the HC back. And on a quick sidenote, nazr needs to start especially with rahso coming off the ankle injury. :fro :fro

Tom_Foolery
04-25-2005, 08:04 AM
I've done some thinking and found my balls the other day, so i stopped my whining and have decided that we're GOING to win this in 6. Andre Miller wont go off like that again for the rest of the series, and even though denver's frontline was subpar, once we get rasho back to put an extra big out there, i think we'll be fine. all we need is to win gm 2, get at least a split in DEN, and we've got the HC back. And on a quick sidenote, nazr needs to start especially with rahso coming off the ankle injury. :fro :fro

Would you lose "the twins" if we lost Game 2?

mouse
04-25-2005, 08:15 AM
This topic is brought to you by the makers of Prozac
when your team is about to get swept, and your able to go to a website still rally the troops ?

you can thank Prozac :lmao

http://www.pills.com.hk/Propecia_proscar.gif

boutons
04-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Good for you and your balls, but your balls aren't the problem.

Andre Miller didn't beat the Spurs last night, so whether the goes off again or not, ain't the problem.

The Spurs flat out choked themselves to death in the 4th quarter. THAT's the problem, the Spurs' balls are the problem.

Fans can have fun BELIEVE-ing, but the fans' belief is not the problem. These Spurs don't believe in themselves. I would love them to have an epiphany and pull their heads of their asses, Pop included, and play with the confidence required to unlock their more-than-sufficient talent.

From here, it's really hard to see the Spurs winning this series, but miracles can happen.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Good for you and your balls, but your balls aren't the problem.

Andre Miller didn't beat the Spurs last night, so whether the goes off again or not, ain't the problem.

The Spurs flat out choked themselves to death in the 4th quarter. THAT's the problem, the Spurs' balls are the problem.

Fans can have fun BELIEVE-ing, but the fans' belief is not the problem. These Spurs don't believe in themselves. I would love them to have an epiphany and pull their heads of their asses, Pop included, and play with the confidence required to unlock their more-than-sufficient talent.

From here, it's really hard to see the Spurs winning this series, but miracles can happen.

you make some good points, and i felt the exact same way yesterday when i was all pissed off, but like I said, if we get a split at home and in denver, we can get the HC back. And game 1 was more "we beat ourselves" than "denver outplayed" us. I think deep down inside denver felt somewhat lucky to get the win. If we get a split in denver and take gm 2, don't you like our chances of taking series once its 2-2 better than denver's?.....and yes if we lose gm 2, the twins are outta here.......and mouse, if your mavs can beat the rockets after losing HC (which i believe they will), then i definitely think our spurs can beat the nuggets after losing HC!

BigVee
04-25-2005, 09:03 AM
If Duncan doesn't make a miracle recovery, he should go back to street clothes. When he is out there, they rely on him, Pop calls plays for him and he just isn't up to it. Period.

boutons
04-25-2005, 09:13 AM
no, no, no, Duncan can play and make a good contribution in RBs, BSs, interior D.

But Pop just has to stop running 4-down and any offense through Tim with that bad ankle. Tim is a defender, decoy for the opponents' defense, and garbage man until his ankle is close to 100%.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2005, 09:17 AM
do you guys think barry should play more and bowen less? bowen does good stopping melo, and yes i'm aware barry didnt score very much during his playing time BUT he did a great job running the point. Should we run more of our plays through manu?

BigVee
04-25-2005, 09:21 AM
no, no, no, Duncan can play and make a good contribution in RBs, BSs, interior D.

But Pop just has to stop running 4-down and any offense through Tim with that bad ankle. Tim is a defender, decoy for the opponents' defense, and garbage man until his ankle is close to 100%.

I agree, but as long as he is out there, Pop will continue to go to him just as he did last night.

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2005, 09:22 AM
I know this is random, but...

http://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/rd1gm1/rd1gm1_6.jpg

Gee, that ain't a foul...

td4mvp21
04-25-2005, 09:24 AM
what the hek is up with "miracles can happen"? this series is very much anyone's. I really think that we can come back and win Games 2 and 3 at least.

Tom_Foolery
04-25-2005, 09:31 AM
do you guys think barry should play more and bowen less? bowen does good stopping melo, and yes i'm aware barry didnt score very much during his playing time BUT he did a great job running the point. Should we run more of our plays through manu?

Honestly, I'd rather have Big Dog out there guarding Mello and let Mello score 20-23pts and have Big Dog score 10-13pts. That would mean a differential of say 10 or so pts.

Yesterday, Mello scored 14(6 below his average), but Bowen scored 1pt. A 13 pt differential.

I'd take that gamble, especially if we were 0-17 in the 4th.

But I guess you'd have to ask Pop why he didn't. Strange.

Spurminator
04-25-2005, 09:35 AM
If Glenn Robinson got Bowen minutes, the differential between he and Melo would be more than 10. You can put that in the bank.

TNT21
04-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey on the real though, Nazr did a great job rebounding the ball and even stuffing it a couple of times. I believe that he is better than Rasho.

Ishta
04-25-2005, 11:53 AM
:stfu It's done.. This is a 7 game series. We didn't play to our potential, but it's not over yet. Not by a long shot. I am pissed that we lost, but I am not going to moan and groan about it until Wenesday. 1. My family gets pissed when I am in a bad mood due to a Spurs loss. 2. We will win this next game and remove said heads from our asses.
That being said, we need to get ready for the next game instead of bashing our team, or the coaches, or the refs when they had a shitty game. To continue to do so,
A. Makes everybody fucking nuts and unable to look at ANY of the positives that came out of that game. Yes, there were a few..
B. We start sounding like a bunch of fairweathered fans,or worse........... Mouse! :throwupsp

thispego
04-25-2005, 12:11 PM
what the hek is up with "miracles can happen"? this series is very much anyone's. I really think that we can come back and win Games 2 and 3 at least.
THANK YOU! Playoffs are still best of seven format are'nt they??? jesus, reading all these threads you'd think they changed the first round to best of three.
This is a Spurs team that plays well with the fire lit under the asses. a first game loss to the nugs at home was exactly what they needed to stoke those coals

boutons
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
My miracle would be the Spurs climbing out of this very deep hole they stuck themselves into, and doing it, with sucky season road record, on the road @DEN where the Karl Nuggets are 19-1, even better than the Spurs @SBC.

I would love them to do it, to flip on their toughness/intensity switch ON THE ROAD, but it will so difficult, given the Spurs injuries and season record, as to be sports-miraculous. Go Spurs. Don't waste another Duncan season.

exstatic
04-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Um, there's no need to play Barry more if you want scoring. Take Barry's minutes, give them to big dog, and slide Bruce over to the two for stretches. That way you get defense, and someone who can actually find his balls enough to take and make more shots in 6 minutes than Barry did in 19.

Tom_Foolery
04-25-2005, 01:39 PM
If Glenn Robinson got Bowen minutes, the differential between he and Melo would be more than 10. You can put that in the bank.

more than a 13pt differential? How do you figure?

I would say Mello gets 20-23pts, but at that same time, Big Dog probably gets 10-13pts.

Remember: Mello would have to play defense on Big Dog too, which would've tired him more and put him in foul trouble.

With Bowen, Mello didn't have to play defense at all.

Spurminator
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
If Big Dog is guarding Melo, Melo will run all over him. Dog won't be able to catch him... Melo scores 30, at least.

Remember this is a fast break team. As soon as we shoot the ball, they are running. You don't want Glenn Robinson chasing Carmelo Anthony down the floor.

Our offense was just fine for three quarters with Bowen playing it safe. You don't scrap your whole game plan over a fluke 10 minute span that might have turned out 1 or 2 baskets differently with Glenn Robinson shooting.