PDA

View Full Version : The Bench runs deep

Zero_Twilight
12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
The Bench came in and took over tonight with hustle and energy! It was no individual effort.

I love it when RMJ just can't seem to miss. He hit some big shots when nothing else was falling for the starters. I thought I saw gunsmoke out there tonight, Manu, RJ, and Mase were nailing coffins left and right.

This is the hardest I've ever seen the team run tonight. This is the kind of energy the Spurs need to beat a Celtics team. I think they're about to turn the corner, and it's right on schedule.

thOOdee
12-29-2009, 11:43 PM
great game... WOWed with the potential.. props to rj also since it seems like he never gets his dues on the forum. And i know how much all yall bonner lover are gonna hate this, but hopefully his minutes are calmed down when he returns. thats the only way i see this team not slowing down.

LakerHater
12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Wish I was like this night in & night out!
:depressed

crc21209
12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Slowly but surely I see them gelling more and more game by game..:tu

TD 21
12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
As hyped up as the Magic and Trail Blazers benches are, the Spurs bench is the deepest in the league.

With respect to Finley, when he returns he should no longer be in the rotation. Yeah, he offers more size as a backup small forward than do either Ginobili or Bogans, but the reality is the fourth wing spot had come down to Mason and Finley and Mason is just a better, more versatile player at this point in their careers. Finley can only make spot up three's, or come off a pin down for a catch-and-shoot at the pinch post. Mason can shoot better off the dribble, handle/create better and he's quicker as well as slightly better defensively.

DPG21920
12-30-2009, 12:07 AM
While other benches only scratch the surface.

tlongII
12-30-2009, 12:09 AM
As hyped up as the Magic and Trail Blazers benches are, the Spurs bench is the deepest in the league.

With respect to Finley, when he returns he should no longer be in the rotation. Yeah, he offers more size as a backup small forward than do either Ginobili or Bogans, but the reality is the fourth wing spot had come down to Mason and Finley and Mason is just a better, more versatile player at this point in their careers. Finley can only make spot up three's, or come off a pin down for a catch-and-shoot at the pinch post. Mason can shoot better off the dribble, handle/create better and he's quicker as well as slightly better defensively.

I strongly disagree. We're missing 5 players who were in the regular rotation and we're still virtually even in the standings with the Spurs.

TD 21
12-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I strongly disagree. We're missing 5 players who were in the regular rotation and we're still virtually even in the standings with the Spurs.

The Trail Blazers are holding up for now, but get back to me in a month.