PDA

View Full Version : Will Don Nelson please drink himself to death already

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 01:12 AM
He is fucking up Anthony Randolph so badly with his bullshit mind games. Either you're gonna play him and go through the growing pains or you're not. You can't freakin change philosophies with developing him every time the damn wind blows.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Same applies to Morrow.

JoeTait75
12-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Why does Golden State allow this man to hold their franchise hostage? That's the question.

L.I.T
12-30-2009, 01:16 AM
It's one of the great mysteries of the NBA, why this guy still has a job.

We all know he's going for the all-times win record. What he does have wrapped up is all-time record for teams wrecked and players fucked with.

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Why does Golden State allow this man to hold their franchise hostage? That's the question.

Apparently they think he's still a genius because he knew how to defend an MVP player that he only coached and observed every day for over 7 years.

JoeTait75
12-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Shame of it is that Golden State is an absolute sleeping giant of a franchise. It's got a big market all to itself, decent weather, a great fanbase... put a decent management group in charge and players would fall over themselves to play there.

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 01:20 AM
He was also the genius that taught Baron Davis the lost art of the halfcourt fadeaway.

mogrovejo
12-30-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm with Nellie. Randolph is just too clueless out there. For every play he makes, he blows 3 or 4 possessions. And Nelson has a great record developing talent.

sribb43
12-30-2009, 01:28 AM
More CJ Watson and Vlad, Mr. Nelson.... Those guys should not be getting the clock they are and Nellie should be developing his young promising talent. However, Nellie has never been a guy to
play his young players

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 01:29 AM
However, Nellie has never been a guy to
play his young players

Unless it's Marquis Daniels, and then outta nowhere he decides to make him the team's #1 option in the playoffs.

sribb43
12-30-2009, 01:29 AM
I'm surprised Nellie hasn't been playing Dick Breathe, he is a 3 time NBA champion and would bring a championship pedigree with his leadership on the floor. All Nellie has to do is go ask Nellie Jr Dick Breathes value

sribb43
12-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Unless it's Marquis Daniels, and then outta nowhere he decides to make him the team's #1 option in the playoffs.

True but Nellie also loves those point forward type guys....that Marquis was awsome but had the ball in his hands way to much with Nash fin and Dirk on the floor

monosylab1k
12-30-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm surprised Nellie hasn't been playing Dick Breathe, he is a 3 time NBA champion and would bring a championship pedigree with his leadership on the floor. All Nellie has to do is go ask Nellie Jr Dick Breathes value

Even Nellie is too smart to play Dick Breath. That kind of idiocy is reserved only for Nellie's retarded offspring.

mogrovejo
12-30-2009, 01:33 AM
CJ Watson has been terrific. One of the best backup point-guards in the league.

The Warriors need to find a way of getting rid of Biedrins+Maggette. Trading Biedrins is important even as a way of making it easier to develop Randolph, I don't like the idea of playing him alongside another defensively challenged big like Andris. Then make a decision on Ellis. If Curry is good enough to start, then trade Ellis as well, he's a difficult player to build around. If Curry becomes decent, him+Morrow can form an excellent backcourt.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 01:33 AM
I'm with Nellie. Randolph is just too clueless out there. For every play he makes, he blows 3 or 4 possessions. And Nelson has a great record developing talent.

Right, and the best way to get rid of that problem is fuck with Randolph's mind rather than give him consistent PT so he can get comfortable.

Findog
12-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Shame of it is that Golden State is an absolute sleeping giant of a franchise. It's got a big market all to itself, decent weather, a great fanbase... put a decent management group in charge and players would fall over themselves to play there.

They have playoff level talent on that team and the Bay Area is great. The fans are great too considering what they've put up with. I find it funny that David Stern couldn't bear to have a local ownership group headed by Microsoft bigwig Steve Ballmer keep the Sonics in Seattle, but he's a pig in slop with guys like Michael Heisley, Donald Sterling, Robert Sarver and the Cohen guy in Oakland.

badfish22
12-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Even Nellie is too smart to play Dick Breath. That kind of idiocy is reserved only for Nellie's retarded offspring.
:lmao

I thought GS was gonna pull this one out. Oh well, at least Kobe had to use every ounce of his energy to beat GSW at home.
Kobe might be a little tired come playoff time.

Chieflion
12-30-2009, 04:04 AM
CJ Watson on Don Nelson, it is epic. Just read.

In my first NBA debut against the red hot Portland Trailblazers, I was excited. I finally made it to this big stage, and when the coach called me to go in, I was shocked and overzealous at the same time. I didn't know any plays, but in Coach Nelson's system you don't have to. They don't run any plays. They just get the ball and go. My first shot I missed-- I wasn't used to coming off the bench, so I didn't have my legs under me, but hey, no excuses.

One thing that shocked me was during a timeout Coach Nelson doesn't say nothing. He just sits there and rubs his head and will occasionally draw up a play every now and then. When you have been in the league as long as he has, and accomplished the things he has at a high level, you shouldn't have to. I asked one of the players “why he doesn't talk during timeouts?” They said he just doesn't. They were like “if that shocks you about this team, then you are in for a bunch more surprises and weird things.” And I have come to experience some of those things in the week I have been here.

badfish22
12-30-2009, 04:08 AM
:lmao

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 04:50 AM
I loved how he had Radman guarding Kobe..that pretty much cost them the game..2 wide open 3s in a row, and then he gambles and fouls Kobe for an and-1 LOL..

lefty
12-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Gob Bless Nelson

Thank you for fucking the Mavs in 07

JamStone
12-30-2009, 10:28 AM
That CJ Watson quote is priceless lol.

And I agree that CJ has been awesome this season. Would love him as a backup point guard on my team.

SenorSpur
12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Love the thread title...and I couldn't agree more.

Nellie is a black eye on NBA basketball. He's terrible for the game. The only championship he's even won as a coach was the 2007 first-round upset of the Mavs. Ever since that series, he's virtually packed it in and been coasting off that accomplishment.

He may be one of the best "in-game" tactians but he doesn't give a shit anymore. He's clearly just collecting a check. Him eventually getting the record for all-time wins absolutely stinks. How the ownership could put up with this type of coaching apathy is appalling. It would be a travesty if his dumb-ass was elected to the HOF.

Double-Up
12-30-2009, 11:46 AM
CJ Watson on Don Nelson, it is epic. Just read.

He's a fucking fool, Golden State should have fired him a long time ago.

ElNono
12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
He was also the genius that taught Baron Davis the lost art of the halfcourt fadeaway.

Worked for a series... :lol

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
With one of the more passionate fanbases, it is sad to see both the management and Nelson continuously fu#$ sh#$ up. They have the talent to be something competitive and contending, but the talents of Ellis, Curry, Randolph, and Morrow are being thrown away by a coach who's take on D is putrid. He needs to go and the front office needs to go as well. It sucks that there are two moribound NBA franchises in California...both Donalds need to go.

sribb43
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Worked for a series... :lol

Unbefuckinleivable....that shit worked for 6 games and never again :bang

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
At least Snoop Dogg is still around to root for me! Oh shit, he jumped back onto the Lakers bandwagon.

I saw that on Christmas Day...I grew up running into Snoop, but man he sure gets around when it comes to his fandom...