PDA

View Full Version : Just reminding the haters( Jefferson 24 points,6 rebounds,3 assist)

Purch
12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
This is the thread to talk about how much he sucks

Strike
12-30-2009, 12:17 PM
He definitely doesn't suck but one good game isn't indicative of an entire season to date. I really think he'll get better and end up being more productive later in the season and into the playoffs but so far he hasn't been what the team and fans expected from him.

Purch
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
He definitely doesn't suck but one good game isn't indicative of an entire season to date. I really think he'll get better and end up being more productive later in the season and into the playoffs but so far he hasn't been what the team and fans expected from him.

Well you have to consider that alot of fans were just expecting him to come and fit in automatically it dosen't work like that usually it takes time.

Muser
12-30-2009, 12:28 PM
When he does it against a contender..

Purch
12-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Manu hasn't been good agienst contenders either this season from what I've seen

Zero_Twilight
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Manu hasn't been good agienst contenders either this season from what I've seen

Manu doesn't have to prove anything to the team either...

Hey OP, it's true that some people on here seem to have a personal vendetta against RJ(like that Murpqueer) but most people are just growing impatient with RJ because he has potential for alot more than what he was currently showing. Look how much easier it was for team when RJ is scoring 20+.

He's fitting in alot better but it's still the Timberwolves and you gotta calm the f down untill they play a contender. Don't count your chickens...

VBM
12-30-2009, 02:43 PM

Manu has to prove that he's worth a hefty extension...that he can be a consistent difference-maker for this team. Without an effective Manu, this team isn't going anywhere...

ducks
12-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Hey OP, it's true that some people on here seem to have a personal vendetta against RJ(like that Murpqueer) but most people are just growing impatient with RJ because he has potential for alot more than what he was currently showing. Look how much easier it was for team when RJ is scoring 20+.

He's fitting in alot better but it's still the Timberwolves and you gotta calm the f down untill they play a contender. Don't count your chickens...

manu has to prove he can bring it against contenders if he wants to get paid this offseason

Purch
12-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm curious where do you want Rj's point average to range in about the 16-18 range? Cause remember he's the 4th option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388tbWjulvE

Look at that vid and look at

36-40 and 46-50

Rj Does that all game long I've seen him do it in all the spurs game this season but the difference is last night people actually passed it to him when he needed it. RJ is always running down court the difference in 46-50 is someone actually passed to him and you can't even deny it because you know you've seen Rj run down on the fast break but instead Parker settles for a bad layup. I agree that some of is is Rj fault but not all. If you pass it to him when he's doing what he does best he could be that 20+ scorer

pjjrfan
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
When he is doing it in the playoffs I'll be convinced. The same for Bonner, Mason and Blair. And believe me I'm hoping and wishing for the best.

TimDunkem
12-30-2009, 03:38 PM
i'm curious where do you want rj's point average to range in about the 16-18 range? Cause remember he's the 4th option

http://www.nba.com/games/20091229/minsas/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0020900457
look at that vid and look at

36-40 and 46-50

rj does that all game long i've seen him do it in all the spurs game this season but the difference is last night people actually passed it to him when he needed it. Rj is always running down court the difference in 46-50 is someone actually passed to him and you can't even deny it because you know you've seen rj run down on the fast break but instead parker settles for a bad layup. i agree that some of is is rj fault but not all. If you pass it to him when he's doing what he does best he could be that 20+ scorer
+1

UnWantedTheory
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
^ Yup, Yup.

Trainwreck2100
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
he must have been playing a scrub team

Xevious
12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
He hasn't looked comfortable very often so far. Another thing is that the Spurs are trying to play a more up-tempto offense than they have in the past (which suits RJ's style of play), but it's also a contributor to a lot of the turnovers.

Of course everything is going to flow better against the crappy teams. Hopefully they learn to play like this against the better defensive teams out there, so RJ can put up big numbers regularly.

Purch
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
When he is doing it in the playoffs I'll be convinced. The same for Bonner, Mason and Blair. And believe me I'm hoping and wishing for the best.

He' s still gonna be running full speed in the playoffs it's all a matter of if he gets the ball or not.

Purch
12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac190/kennerguy666/RJeffdunk.gif

Rj runs on the fast break like this every time do you know what the difference is here? Someone passed to him

raspsa
12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'd never seen RJ get so many passes in a game. Hope it continues.

vander
12-30-2009, 06:39 PM
yeah, if TP pulls his head out of his ass and starts playing like a top 10 PG again, guys like Jefferson, Dyess, and even Bonner will start to look a lot better.

TP is really hurting this team right now

temujin
12-30-2009, 06:45 PM
He' s still gonna be running full speed in the playoffs it's all a matter of if he gets the ball or not.

Same as Hailip.

Only, more expensive.

The guy is a looser.

Chomag
12-30-2009, 07:10 PM
He allways does this against scrubs it hasnt proven a thing. So why is everyone jumping so happy about?

z0sa
12-30-2009, 07:13 PM
don't forget those 2 badass blocks

Stringer_Bell
12-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I am not an RJ hater, and I still believe he'll contribute effectively to the team's success this season...but it is very true that he doesn't seem to show up against contenders. .500 and below, he shines and amazes us...but he needs to be consistent.

Turnovers are kicking the team's butt tho. must. find. some. way. to fix it.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Ginobili and Parker have actually been worse against .500+ teams than RJ has, even though he's been bad as well..they all need to improve against the good teams..

murpjf88
12-30-2009, 07:23 PM

Hey Zero-halfwit, No personal vendetta here. I'm not going to get excited because RJ had a couple of good games against a bunch of cellar dwellers. Until he proves his self-worth vs. elite teams, he's garbage. This crap was bound to happen. The spurs play a bunch of hapless teams, and everyone starts talking shit how the team is starting to come together. When, in actuality, they've proven nothing. For the price tag RJ carries, he had BETTER produce, because if he doesn't, he is going to drag this franchise to the ground.

Oh, and you stated "look how much easier it was for team when RJ is scoring 20+." Well, couldn't you have said, look how much easier it is when mason's pouring in 18 or Manu has a near triple double. Come to think of it, did any spur struggle in that game? Its also much easier when the spurs go 12 of 24 from behind the arc.

You know, it's funny. I do remember some very similiar comments when the spurs trashed a couple of crap teams for a winning streak of five. Then, they rolled over against Boston(home), Denver (home) and Utah. As far as I'm concerned, the spurs are on a game to game basis. Just because they played well against one team does not mean it will carry over to the next.

Oh, Zero, mark my words, I will personally give you, harlemheat37 and anyone else who feels I've slighted them a public apology if Rj is instrumental in bringing a championship to San Antonio. :toast

As for right now, 1-9 vs. elite (Utah- 0-3, Portland- 0-2, Boston- 0-1, Denver- 0-1, Dallas- 1-1, Phoenix- 0-1) speaks for itself.

spurspokesman
12-30-2009, 07:54 PM
When he does it against a contender..
+1000. Maggette had26 against la. That's good stuff.

NickiRasgo
12-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Against non-playoff team.

Chomag
12-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Zero-halfwit, No personal vendetta here. I just know talent when I see it. I'm not going to get excited because RJ had a couple of good games against a bunch of cellar dwellers. Until he proves his worth vs. elite teams, he's garbage. This crap was bound to happen. The spurs play a bunch of hapless teams, and everyone starts talking shit how the team is starting to come together. When, in actuality, they've proven nothing. For the price tag RJ carries, he had BETTER produce, because if he doesn't, he is going to drag this franchise to the ground.

Oh, and you stated "look how much easier it was for team when RJ is scoring 20+." Well, couldn't you have said, look how much easier it is when mason's pouring in 18 or Manu has a near triple double. Come to think of it, did any spur struggle in that game? Its also much easier when the spurs go 12 of 24 from behind the arc.

You know, it's funny. I do remember some very similiar comments when the spurs trashed a couple of crap teams for a winning streak of five. Then, they rolled over against Boston(home), Denver (home) and Utah. As far as I'm concerned, the spurs are on a game to game basis. Just because they played well against one team does not mean it will carry over to the next.

Oh, Zero, mark my words, I will personally give you, harlemheat37 and anyone else who feels I've slighted them a public apology if Rj is instrumental in bringing a championship to San Antonio. :toast

As for right now, 1-9 vs. elite (Utah- 0-3, Portland- 0-2, Boston- 0-1, Denver- 0-1, Dallas- 1-1, Phoenix- 0-1) speaks for itself.

I agree, pretty good take. Just because we are killing scrub teams dosnt all of a sudden make everything fine and Spurs Elite contenders. It's not very hard to flow when the opponent isn't very good since they don't provide much pressure. Easy to score on crappy defense and it's easy to defend a crappy offense.

Beating these weak teams is nice because it does give wins. However acting like all the Spurs issues have magically diapered because of these weak teams might get another wake up call "ie Portland" These wins mean nothing more then a win and wont help out anyway come playoff time when Spurs are playing Good teams. Now when we finally get a chance to show that we can compete with the big boys we can see how much this team has come together, but until then the jury is still out.

Zero_Twilight
12-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey Zero-halfwit, No personal vendetta here. I'm not going to get excited because RJ had a couple of good games against a bunch of cellar dwellers. Until he proves his self-worth vs. elite teams, he's garbage. This crap was bound to happen. The spurs play a bunch of hapless teams, and everyone starts talking shit how the team is starting to come together. When, in actuality, they've proven nothing. For the price tag RJ carries, he had BETTER produce, because if he doesn't, he is going to drag this franchise to the ground.

Please don't try and turn this around. You have a vendetta against RJ and you know it. If people want to dig deep than they can check your post history to see the truth speak for itself.

For the record, I am one for people not getting excited for RJ showing up against a mediocre team. I was underwhelmed by his performance but if this game is any indication, perhaps he'll start to shine.

RJ's numbers DID make it easier for the team because it was due to those numbers that Tony and Timmy were able to sit down and rest, and it offered more minutes to RMJ, Dice, Blair, Ratliff, and Haislip even.

The fact that you bring the money into your argument speaks for itself. You go girl.

#2!
12-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Well you have to consider that alot of fans were just expecting him to come and fit in automatically it dosen't work like that usually it takes time.

As much as I dislike crediting them (mostly KG), things like this really make you appreciate what the Celtics were able to do a couple of seasons ago after those huge trades.

Definitely not typical to be so cohesive from the very beginning of the season.

summerflower
12-30-2009, 10:14 PM
yeah, if TP pulls his head out of his ass and starts playing like a top 10 PG again, guys like Jefferson, Dyess, and even Bonner will start to look a lot better.

TP is really hurting this team right now

Just when I was wondering how many replies it would take for people to get to TP.
I have to say haters are everywhere. :rollin

murpjf88
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Please don't try and turn this around. You have a vendetta against RJ and you know it. If people want to dig deep than they can check your post history to see the truth speak for itself.

For the record, I am one for people not getting excited for RJ showing up against a mediocre team. I was underwhelmed by his performance but if this game is any indication, perhaps he'll start to shine.

RJ's numbers DID make it easier for the team because it was due to those numbers that Tony and Timmy were able to sit down and rest, and it offered more minutes to RMJ, Dice, Blair, Ratliff, and Haislip even.

The fact that you bring the money into your argument speaks for itself. You go girl.

No, your a bit confused AGAIN. I do not have a vendetta against RJ. Its true, I didn't want him in silver and black. The spurs would of benefited more from a Vince Carter calibre player rather than RJ. I will stand by that.

Yeah RJ''s numbers were great ALONG with Mason and Ginobili. It wasn't RJ alone that spelled rest for Timmy and Tony. RJ was a benefactor, but was not the sole contributor.

I only bring up money because the Spurs should have done their homework before investing in such a "prized" possession. Now their stuck with him and if he doesn't produce, the Spurs can't do anything about it. Like RJ said, "I get paid either way."

vander
12-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Just when I was wondering how many replies it would take for people to get to TP.
I have to say haters are everywhere. :rollin

I think a hater would be someone who doesn't think TP can play any better.

rascal
12-31-2009, 12:16 AM
As much as I dislike crediting them (mostly KG), things like this really make you appreciate what the Celtics were able to do a couple of seasons ago after those huge trades.

Definitely not typical to be so cohesive from the very beginning of the season.

It is nothing more than an excuse for poor play and team deficiencies moreso than not being cohesive because of new player changes.

Purch
12-31-2009, 04:42 AM
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac190/kennerguy666/RJeffdunk.gif

All I'm saying is if people pass it to Rj like this when he runs on the fast break he'll definitely get his points

Jefferson's improved play over the past few weeks has helped key the Spurs' surge. The 6-foot-7 forward is averaging 14.5 points and shooting 52.5 percent shooting in the last 11 games after averaging 8.9 points on 33.3 percent in his previous seven