PDA

View Full Version : Where does Fin dog and T-REX fit in..

DaBears
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
I was just wondering SPURS seem to be developing some good chemistry over the past couple of weeks and wondering whats going be the effect when Finley gets back and Bonner..

Who's minutes are you going to cut to get hem minutes.. personally i think they should just be bench players for now find minutes where you can but dont change anything right now.. Bonner we'll not to knock his play, cause he has been pretty good so far but i think the "BEAST" has been filling in well.. And he gets in to foul trouble real quick, so im sure he can go third string behind BEAST\McDyess\BONNER\RATLIFF..... \But i would hate to ruin any team chemistry we are building on.

loveforthegame
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I think Bonner gets back into the rotation pretty quick because he helps stretch the floor.

As for Finley it'll be interesting to see what happens. Jefferson, Ginobli, and Mason are all playing really well. Bogans has even been better on offense. I would think an injury or a major shooting slump would have to happen for Finley to find his minutes again.

cherylsteele
12-30-2009, 01:38 PM
T-Rex?? Kevin Willis??

DaBears
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Bonners arm length are about the same so i call him T-REX as well. Have you watched the man run. His arms are up locked at the 90 degree angles making him look like TREX when he runs... but still the guy can shoot it from deep. despite his short arms... cool as hell, I'll see him at the next sandwich shop...

EricB
12-30-2009, 01:47 PM
He has normal lengthed arms for a guy his size... Kevin willis's hands barely reached his waist. Hence the T Rex nickname.

bless1187
12-30-2009, 01:50 PM
i really like the rotation right now... and i really like the current 3 man rotation front court without M. Bonner. If he does come back he should really be the 4th big behind both D. Blair and A. McDyess.

TDMVPDPOY
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
we are winning atm, dont bring them b ack till we lose one

mazerrackham
12-30-2009, 02:59 PM
I think Bonner will pick up minutes again, but hopefully less than he was pre-injury. As for Finley, I really hope he begins to diminish his role from here on out; especially with his age, coming back from an injury will probably make him even more of a spot up shooter and nothing else, which mason already fulfills better than him anyway, plus bringing a few extras.

thOOdee
12-30-2009, 03:05 PM
lol t-rex...hopefully sharing 10 mins together..but we know that aint gonna happen. probably going to play 25 each.

Chucho
12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
They'd both fit nicely in the trunk of a '79 Lincoln.

dbestpro
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Bonner will cut into the minutes of small ball which will be a welcomed cut. Finley will take Hairston's minutes. All two of them.

ffadicted
12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Honestly.... they just don't fit in. Bonner plays with hustle and is a good 3 point shot, but McDyess and Blair are playing great bball. When I look at finley, I'd rather play Ginobili, Jefferson, Hill and Mason all before him, so I don't want him to come back lol.

TRADE

Sobe_Kucks
12-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Have you watched the man run. His arms are up locked at the 90 degree angles making him look like TREX when he runs...
:lol

I always noticed how he looked like a robot when he ran (zero grace - kinda like he runs as if he's on some old Sega Genisis video game). I never noticed the arms at 90 deg. and hot damn... UR RIGHT! Funny stuff my man... funny stuff.

SCdac
12-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Both of their injuries have exposed them as being somewhat insignificant, and better fits for our team last season. Naturally, I'd rather see Bonner guarding PF's over Richard Jefferson, but other than cutting into the small-ball, his three point shooting is replaceable. Leave three point shooting for players who play in the backcourt. Why? Because we have plenty of players who can knock down a three. I'd rather have Blair and Duncan out there who can corral an offensive rebound from a missed-shot, then have Bonner camping out at the three point line and us relying on his shot for the whole strategy to work... As far as Finley goes, his minutes should be cut to less than 10 mpg.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Bonner is an asset to this team, he should still play..maybe not as much as before, but he should still get some minutes..he's useful when he's used appropriately..it always helps to have a big man that can shoot as well as any other big in the NBA..

Finley shouldn't get any minutes, there's no point..

itzsoweezee
12-30-2009, 09:53 PM
t-rex!!
:rollin

it's funny cuz it's true

Chucho
12-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Bonner will cut into the minutes of small ball which will be a welcomed cut.
A welcome cut for who? Bonner, that's about it. Not welcome for the sake of winning. Dude's best asset is that he can jack up threes and has one decent game for every five awful games he has. And he can't defend quicker forwards, he proves that everytime he guards Dirk. You can't defend people by standing perpendicular to them.

all_heart
12-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Even though Bonner can knock down the 3 and was playing well before he got hurt, I agree he shouldn't get too many minutes, less than 12 maybe. With Bonner out there it changes the dynamics and style of the team, some games for better others not. Having the best of both worlds, Bonner playing outside knocking down 3's and legit big men doing big men work is a tough thing to integrate together. Considering the success of past teams and the fact the Bonner experiment has yet to work in the playoffs, he may best to bench Bonner and just do it old school, we all know it works. Bonner is not Horry.

mountainballer
12-31-2009, 05:56 AM
stretch the floor.......probably the #1 delusion of Spurs fans and commentators in the last years.
born from the 2005 bonanza, when Tim and Rob looked like the perfect frontcourt for winning a championship.
but as good as Tim still is, he isn't the double and triple team magnet any more and people also must not forget that Rob was able to do so much more than just "stretch the floor".
today IMO pack the paint should be the preferred style and therefore Blair and Dice are the much better staff.

btw. if Spurs wanted to get a stretch the floor combo that can really compete with the contenders, they would need to somehow get David West, who reportedly might be on the block at deadline. I know, the chance to make such a deal happen is below 1%. not only will the Hornets not want to trade with the Spurs, other teams will offer much better packages.
(just for the sake of discussion: Mason+Bonner+Blair+1st round pick 2011 for West? this will be necessary to at least make them listen)

Chieflion
12-31-2009, 06:02 AM
stretch the floor.......probably the #1 delusion of Spurs fans and commentators in the last years.
born from the 2005 bonanza, when Tim and Rob looked like the perfect frontcourt for winning a championship.
but as good as Tim still is, he isn't the double and triple team magnet any more and people also must not forget that Rob was able to do so much more than just "stretch the floor".
today IMO pack the paint should be and therefore Blair and Dice are the much better staff.
I don't think so. During the Portland game, Duncan was being doubled off the ball, sometimes even triple teamed. If Bonner was there, the defense would respect that. Instead, without Bonner, everyone struggled.

mountainballer
12-31-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't think so. During the Portland game, Duncan was being doubled off the ball, sometimes even triple teamed. If Bonner was there, the defense would respect that. Instead, without Bonner, everyone struggled.

I don't think the Portland game is a good example for anything, except maybe for the deepest point a TD team should ever fall.
and a Oden and Przybilla less front court might be the weakest FC Spurs will face the whole season. whenever LMA is your best defender, you need a 2nd or 3rd guy to help.

loveforthegame
12-31-2009, 10:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009123124&prov=ap

According to this AP recap of the Miami game, Bonner is expected to miss another 2 weeks while Finley has started shooting and conditioning.