PDA

View Full Version : Parker Interview - Post Game

stéphane
04-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Despite this loss and poor showing by TP, i still think it's only 1 game and that the Spurs can just get past Denver.
TP will make a post game interview for his official site after every PO Game.
Here's the first one. Had to translate it as always so sorry for the english.

Here's the link (French version not officially translated yet) http://www.tp9.net/fr/itw.php?id=66

It’s going to be WAR

Tony, this serie couldn’t start in a worst way. With this loss at SBC Center, you just put yourself in a dangerous position…

Indeed, we wished we would have started differently, especially if you know how we’re able to play Home since the regular season beginning (38 victories / 3 losses). We messed up, especially in the 4th Q. We have been unable to score for 8minutes. We missed 17 shots in a row! It’s called getting cold. So, it was impossible to win.

How do you explain what happened in the 4th?

Shots weren’t falling. That’s all. At NBA level, it’s incredible to miss 17 shots in a row. Manu (Ginobili) got open shots, Tim (Duncan) as well, me too but it wouldn’t fall. Nobody forced, but nothing worked. Denver did the difference at that point. They made some big shots and left with the win.

Even if you were ahead after the 1st Q and tied at halftime, we feel like the Spurs never really dominated the game. Do you share this feeling?

It’s true, we never dominated. In my opinion, we loose the game at the end of the 1st half. We are ahead by 8 points but Denver finds a way to tie the game in 30 seconds, with a last second half court shot by André Miller. We did not manage correctly this end of the 2nd Q. Emotionally it was a blow before heading back into the locker room. It did hurt us. Unconsciously, I think it had an impact on the following of the game.

What is your opinion on this Denver team?

It’s not a surprise, it’s a hard team to beat. They have a very physical play, they play tough and now, they will believe that they are able to win this serie. We gave them that confidence, it’s our time to get it back by winning the 2nd game on Wednesday.

What is the most disappointing, is, without Miller red hot in the 1st half (24 points), you were able to get a comfortable lead despite not being able to show really good basketball.

At half time, 2nd Denver’s best scorer had 5 points. André Miller was unstoppable. Everything he was trying succeeded. We couldn’t do anything. Miller kept them alive all alone. Without him, that’s true, there was room for a win. But it doesn’t bring anything to think about such things. Miller did his job, he was there for that.

As well as your teammates, you had a difficult showing …

Like everybody else, I went cold in the last Q. I’m at 50% at halftime and then…nothing. Now, the pressure is on us. We just have to go back to work to tie the serie on Wednesday. It’s going to be a big game. One thing is certain, Video work tomorrow will be very very long. I want anyway to give props to Nazr Mohammed that had a really big game. It’s the only positive thing that can be pointed out of this game.

Are you worried now?

What happened tonight reminds me of what happened two years ago against Phoenix, the title’s year. We lost also in the first game. Denver played well but it’s only a single game. The serie will be long. It’s why I do not worry. Now it’s started. It’s going to be WAR.

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Now it’s started. It’s going to be WAR.
Yeah, well he better bring some kind of weapon next game...he needs to step up.

Louae
04-25-2005, 10:23 AM
They should tell him to leave his chick alone and put on his game face on. He played like she had his balls in her purse. The man needs to bring his A game.

Clandestino
04-25-2005, 10:55 AM
uh oh.. we know how frenchmen deal with wars!

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 10:57 AM
She did look cute last night though.

:)

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 11:03 AM
If you want to see videos of all the postgame interviews (Pop, Duncan, Manu, Nazr) go to http://www.woai.com/spurs/ and click on them in the Watch & Listen box in the sidebar.

ducks
04-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Video work tomorrow will be very very long. I want anyway to give props to Nazr Mohammed that had a really big game. It’s the only positive thing that can be pointed out of this game.
that is encouraging

ca®lo
04-25-2005, 11:55 AM
TP better bring his GAME FACE on.

thispego
04-25-2005, 12:05 PM
TP- http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005V9HG.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

check out this movie with eva, it has an interesting theory on sex and winning ball games....
dont fuck.....with a winning season

boutons
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
"It’s going to be WAR"

Playoffs are a war BEFORE they start, not after.

gophergeorge
04-25-2005, 12:27 PM

I don't care what you say.... for this particular matter, he is a Belgium-American!! :)

baseline bum
04-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Are you worried now?

What happened tonight reminds me of what happened two years ago against Phoenix, the title’s year. We lost also in the first game. Denver played well but it’s only a single game. The serie will be long. It’s why I do not worry. Now it’s started. It’s going to be WAR.

So Tony's comparing it to a series they won already? More bulletin board shit. Big fucking difference. Phoenix won game 1 on two of the luckiest shots in Playoff history. Denver went in and took the Spurs manhood in the 4th.

angel_luv
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
How about Tony's Champion/ Spurs shirt he wore for his post game interview last night. (My friend was telling me about it as I drove home from the SBC Center.)
Methinks he needs a new one and a nice shiny bling bling ring to go with it. =)

IceColdBrewski
04-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Are you worried now?

I do not worry.

Great. That's just what I wanted to hear. He just got embarrassed but he still doesn't care.

Tek_XX
04-25-2005, 04:03 PM
tony parker always looks bored like he'd rather be somewhere else

ducks
04-25-2005, 04:05 PM
yeah we need tp to worry and not have any confidence in himself

san antonio spurs
04-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Great. That's just what I wanted to hear. He just got embarrassed but he still doesn't care.
STFU u morron,
he would've say he worries and u would've come with his lack of confidence :rolleyes
________
VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.tv/)

boutons
04-25-2005, 04:11 PM
"tony parker always looks bored like he'd rather be somewhere else"

He certainly does get that bemused, faraway look in his eyes, and it tells me his A game ain't today. And those games where he's tearing up the floor in the first quarter, he has a very different look.

If I ever see him sniffing his fingers, we'll know he should be sitting. :)

johnny00
04-25-2005, 04:29 PM

I just hope they aren't the same weapons Garnett brought to last years playoffs.

Dre_7
04-25-2005, 04:31 PM

:lmao

ZStomp
04-25-2005, 05:08 PM

Maybe he will borrow all those weapons from Garnett since he's not using them. :lol