PDA

View Full Version : Leach FIRED!!!!

lebomb
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4781981

WOW!!! Personally, I knew it would happen. *shrugs*

samikeyp
12-30-2009, 01:15 PM
The Dread Pirate Leach has walked the plank.

FromWayDowntown
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Pure insanity on Tech's part, I think.

I wonder where Adam James will go to school next year.

Doug Collins
12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
The school that hires Knight post chokegate, fires their greatest asset for his alleged mis-treatment of a primadonna douche. Without the football program, that school is absolutely irrelevant.

I hope Adam James has already prayed about leaving town, cause I'm sure the locals will be coming after him.

I wonder how many schools have already offered Leach a job.

FromWayDowntown
12-30-2009, 01:27 PM
I wonder how many schools have already offered Leach a job.

Someone is going to get themselves a really good, if eccentric, football coach (or offensive coordinator).

Doug Collins
12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Someone is going to get themselves a really good, if eccentric, football coach (or offensive coordinator).

I could see him becoming an OC at some powerhouse just as a fuck you move to tech.

I still can't believe how hypocritical they're being with this, and how they're bending over to please Craig James. Knight choking a bitch = ok; Leach allegedly locking a homo in a closet (which probably helped with that whole light sensitivity thing) = termination.

TheGodfather
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
And Craig James takes down his second program (with a little help from the Extra Sensitive Parents Network).

I got no dog in this fight, but it sure seems like the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Lawyers, start your engines...

IronMexican
12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Mediocrity and Tech are together again.

JoeTait75
12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
What a joke. Who the hell are they going to get that's better than Mike Leach?

lebomb
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
What a joke. Who the hell are they going to get that's better than Mike Leach?

He should have just suspended Adam from practice. Tell him to go home. Simple, clean and effective. The closet was over the top I guess.

FromWayDowntown
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I could see him becoming an OC at some powerhouse just as a fuck you move to tech.

Part of me would laugh if he took an OC position at UT or A&M for a few years.

I'll say this: if Leach is ever in a position that gives him significant recruiting advantages (perennial BCS contention, elite program), I think he's going to put together some scary teams.

Whisky Dog
12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Bad move, he shouldn't have put him in the electrical room but that is hardly worth getting rid of the coach. This is all politics between the AD and Chancellor and Leach - they never wanted to extend him but did because they would be cruicified if they didn't after all the success. They used this as the reason to get him out. This is especially bad given the number of people who have portrayed the kid as lazy and entitled.

lebomb
12-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I really want to hear redraiderinfiji and Blakes response...........just because they are diehards. These guys may hate me, but I do respect them for their passion.

Amarelooms
12-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Texas needs to hire this guy as offensive coordinator ASAP. That way he can get his revenge against em in Lubbock next year. Plus we all now the Horns needs someone who actually knows football calling plays :elephant

stretch
12-30-2009, 02:52 PM
LMAO tech

lol losing the penguin

jb4g
12-30-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Q_5nYwWLU

I hope Leach gets a chance to stick it to Tech for the next 10-20 years, welcome back to obscurity TT

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 03:17 PM
What exactly did he do?

Was the extent of what he did was lock the son of Craig James in a closet while he had a concussion? Granted, it wasn't the best decison Leach could make--it hardly ranks up there with like, say, Woody Hayes punching an opposing players...

DMX7
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I thought there was no way Tech would be stupid enough to do this, I was clearly wrong.

Drachen
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
He should have just suspended Adam from practice. Tell him to go home. Simple, clean and effective. The closet was over the top I guess.

Everyone keeps saying closet when the accounts from almost everyone there say it was about the size of a garage. I can play pool in a garage. it is roomy, etc.

Drachen
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Go get him UTSA football!

lebomb
12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Go get him UTSA football!

FUCK THAT!!!!!

:ihit

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Leach sit this next season out and moving into a SEC team or Big East team...Did Louisville already fill its vacancy?

Ginofan
12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
This is just plain stupid, I can't believe the Texas Tech AD submitted to the whinings and cryings of a player and his father...just because he's on ESPN. Who gives a fuck seriously! They totally ruined the best thing they had going for them...unbelievable!

Adam James should hightail it out of town ASAP, those kids will go nutzo on his ass.

johngateswhiteley
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
I thought there was no way Tech would be stupid enough to do this, I was clearly wrong.

exactly. but thats why its so perfect...don't you see? tekk fan is stupid, their school is stupid...lubbock is stupid. this-is-perfect. the best coach they ever had, gone! by their own doing. its genius.

Drachen
12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Leach sit this next season out and moving into a SEC team or Big East team...Did Louisville already fill its vacancy?

This is what should happen:
Leach should sit out this year, relax and collect his money. While doing this, he may want to tune into a couple of TT games. During the time TT will likely go 1-11, or 2-10 then he can just sit back and wait for next December when TT calls him and begs him to come back. Most profitable decision he could make.

leemajors
12-30-2009, 04:02 PM
This is what should happen:
Leach should sit out this year, relax and collect his money. While doing this, he may want to tune into a couple of TT games. During the time TT will likely go 1-11, or 2-10 then he can just sit back and wait for next December when TT calls him and begs him to come back. Most profitable decision he could make.

From what I read, there is a conduct clause or something of the sort in his contract and they won't have to pay him anything. He was due a bonus tomorrow for around 440k I think.

leemajors
12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
video of sheds:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/49676/video-surfaces-of-alleged-sheds-and-closets-at-texas-tech

Whisky Dog
12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I believe it's 800k bonus they would have paid him, and from I heard they are going to have to pay him 400k for every year left on the contract. Shit, he could make more $$$ as Macks OC than he did as the HC in the dust bowl.

Whisky Dog
12-30-2009, 04:24 PM
video of sheds:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/49676/video-surfaces-of-alleged-sheds-and-closets-at-texas-tech

You gotta be kidding me. Those rooms would have been a vacation stay for most players 15 to 20 yrs and farther ago. Then again, what do you expect from the kid of Craig James, a dishonest crooked guy who broke the rules along with others and brought down a program. Really coincidental that days after the program he shattered finally broke through and won their first bowl game since that his son would single handedly take down another program.

FromWayDowntown
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I believe it's 800k bonus they would have paid him, and from I heard they are going to have to pay him 400k for every year left on the contract. Shit, he could make more $$$ as Macks OC than he did as the HC in the dust bowl.

Not entirely true, unless UT is in the business of paying its coordinators almost $2 million per. Leach's base salary with Tech was something like $400,000, but the University also guaranteed to ensure that he took home a figure that was closer to $2 million per season. The uncertainty comes from the fact that the University, as I understand it, was obligated only to pay the difference if the base salary and some football-related income (sponsor payments, basically) didn't meet the guarantee number.

Leach's contract with Tech called for him to be paid $400,000 per year for each year remaining on his contract if he was fired without cause. That's why the wording the termination letter is important -- by firing Leach "with cause," the University believes it will save itself that payment and the $800,000 bonus that was going to be due to Leach tomorrow.

Leach is obviously going to sue the University for wrongful termination and argue like hell that there was no "cause" for his termination. If he wins, he'll get back a whole lot of money and this will become a really bad situation for Tech, based on some pretty myopic thinking. If he loses, Tech has garnered a reputation as a place that's unfriendly to even successful coaches.

Marcus Bryant
12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
tceh runs out a successful coach who was content to live on the high plains.

Stringer_Bell
12-30-2009, 04:38 PM
If the kid was such a problem, why was he not just cut from the team? They say they questioned his work ethic before he "claimed" to have a concussion...so why didn't they just use this situation as a way to stop him from playing football?

I find it hard to believe someone like Leach, with a JD from Pepperdine Law, would be stupid enough to leave himself open to any accusation of misconduct. Maybe the kid was a piece of shit, but Leach is the adult and it looks like he made a bad decision.

But yea, Tech is in a bad spot with the deficits colleges are running against these days...at least Leach made them some money, eh?

DMX7
12-30-2009, 04:38 PM
The Tech administration seems to have forgotten that Lubbock is an absolute shit hole. They better find some cash to pay a good coach to live in that dump.

Marcus Bryant
12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Was Craig the father a part of why SMU received the death penalty?

Fpoonsie
12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
If the kid was such a problem, why was he not just cut from the team? They say they questioned his work ethic before he "claimed" to have a concussion...so why didn't they just use this situation as a way to stop him from playing football?

I find it hard to believe someone like Leach, with a JD from Pepperdine Law, would be stupid enough to leave himself open to any accusation of misconduct. Maybe the kid was a piece of shit, but Leach is the adult and it looks like he made a bad decision.

But yea, Tech is in a bad spot with the deficits colleges are running against these days...at least Leach made them some money, eh?

I don't believe the kid was the actual problem. Seems to me that the Univ was simply tired of Leach (especially after the contract dispute back in Feb) and found an out when this kid voiced a complaint.

IMO, while James certainly does deserve SOME blame for this situation, he doesn't deserve to be vilified like he is/will be.

leemajors
12-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Was Craig the father a part of why SMU received the death penalty?

from wikipedia:

James was a part of the SMU teams that were found to have committed numerous NCAA violations, including receiving large sums of money from school boosters, which led to the enactment of the "death penalty" upon the school by the NCAA,[3] although James himself was never accused of any wrongdoing.

leemajors
12-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't believe the kid was the actual problem. Seems to me that the Univ was simply tired of Leach (especially after the contract dispute back in Feb) and found an out when this kid voiced a complaint.

IMO, while James certainly does deserve SOME blame for this situation, he doesn't deserve to be vilified like he is/will be.

if all this new info coming out that directly contradicts the James family story is true, his dad certainly needs to be fired.

Fpoonsie
12-30-2009, 04:49 PM
if all this new info coming out that directly contradicts the James family story is true, his dad certainly needs to be fired.

Most definitely.

Out of curiosity, though, to which info are you referring? I need to catch up...

Fpoonsie
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Just to be clear, though, I'm on Leach's side (if I had to choose one, that is). I'm simply suggesting that the University found a scapegoat in this James kid and pounced.

Drachen
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Just to be clear, though, I'm on Leach's side (if I had to choose one, that is). I'm simply suggesting that the University found a scapegoat in this James kid and pounced.

Go look at the leach thread in the club. That is where the new info is.

Fpoonsie
12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Go look at the leach thread in the club. That is where the new info is.

Thanks.

Kermit
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
For everyone wanting Leach to come to Texas, go fuck yourselves you short memory having fucks.

Amarelooms
12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
For everyone wanting Leach to come to Texas, go fuck yourselves you short memory having fucks.

Fuck you dummy...they need to get this crazy penguin looking mofo as the O Coordinator ASAP...I say as soon as Jan 8th give him a call. Fire the dumbfuck who is calling plays now and get this man in Austin.

:elephant

Kermit
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Fuck you dummy...they need to get this crazy penguin looking mofo as the O Coordinator ASAP...I say as soon as Jan 8th give him a call. Fire the dumbfuck who is calling plays now and get this man in Austin.

Why don't you suck Leach's sack you cum gurgling jerkoff. Oh wait, you already are.

Amarelooms
12-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Why don't you suck Leach's sack you cum gurgling jerkoff. Oh wait, you already are.

lol you are an idiot....stfu already. :elephant

Kermit
12-30-2009, 06:01 PM
lol you are an idiot....stfu already. :elephant

I think you missed a spot on Leach's balls.

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Mike Leach you are welcomed at LSU. Adam should have been placed in the dirty laundry basket with everyone's jock straps ... along with his piece of shit father.

Stringer_Bell
12-30-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm still not understanding how the kid just didn't get cut if he's been THAT bad of a problem. The bed was made, someone had to sleep in it.

pjjrfan
12-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I know there are two sides to every story, so I'm not going to so quick to judge the kid for turning in his coach. From a parents perspcetive being a winning coach doesn't give you the right ot be an asshole and especially if he is doing it to amember of my family.

romad_20
12-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I just don't understand the situation. It seems like something else would have had to happened to the James kid, other than being put in a room while practice was going on in order to fire Leach.

I know they didn't want to pay him, but they are basically destroying 10 years of work and pressing reset on their program. Seems like a pretty high price to pay just to get out of paying a very good coach for their program. The guy is TT football, from the offensive scheme to the pirate stuff. That's what people know about the program and its what has made them nationally known.

Now they're going to start over with a new coach, no big names will come there for less, and hope the new coach can recruit and brings a good system?

All I need is for Leach to somehow take over at Florida. :bang:lol His schemes and those players would be murder.

Kermit
12-30-2009, 09:58 PM
STFU u t shirt wearin faggot, u dont have a fuckhin square inch to talk about u biiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch mutha fucka!!!!!!!!!!1

I see that you typed this with a dick in your mouth. Amarelooms' perhaps?

Amarelooms
12-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I see that you typed this with a dick in your mouth. Amarelooms' perhaps?

Son you need to behave yourself and stop being so annoying. We are almost a week away from the big game and I don't need your foolishness to distract me

Kermit
12-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Son, you need to go fuck yourself. Take retarded asshole Lebomb with you.

DMX7
12-30-2009, 10:32 PM
dZqvajnhZDU

This was posted on another forum.

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 10:40 PM
someone really needs to beat the shit out of that spoiled, little daddy's boy

BUMP
12-30-2009, 10:47 PM
I've actually met this kid at a party before, and thought he was a respectable guy :lol

This was nothing but a personal move by the front office. They were rooting for Leach with clenched teeth. He's always wanted total control of the team and the guys upstairs were getting tired of it but there was nothing they could do because he put Tech football on the map.

And anybody who thinks he is gonna become an OC for their team is an idiot. No coach is gonna accept a demotion from head coach to coordinator. Thats like a slap in the face

Amarelooms
12-30-2009, 10:55 PM
I've actually met this kid at a party before, and thought he was a respectable guy :lol

This was nothing but a personal move by the front office. They were rooting for Leach with clenched teeth. He's always wanted total control of the team and the guys upstairs were getting tired of it but there was nothing they could do because he put Tech football on the map.

And anybody who thinks he is gonna become an OC for their team is an idiot. No coach is gonna accept a demotion from head coach to coordinator. Thats like a slap in the face

Granted it's a long shot but he might under these circumstances:

1. He sues Tech and wins a bunch of $$..which I think he will.
2. He gets pissed off and just wants to stick it to Tech...best way would be to stay in the B12....none of the contenders are looking for a coach so he'll have to be happy with O coordinator for 1-2 years.

Come to Austin penguin man :elephant

BUMP
12-30-2009, 10:58 PM

2. He gets pissed off and just wants to stick it to Tech...best way would be to stay in the B12....none of the contenders are looking for a coach so he'll have to be happy with O coordinator for 1-2 years.

No sane guy would do that....yet again leach is not like any other guy and I could actually see that possibly happening.

Word is that Tech is after Art Briles.

So we go from the most creative offensive mastermind to the Big 12's annual whipping boy...great:rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Tech will fade into nothing, and Aggie will fill in the power vaccuum.

I bet A&M fans are partying like it's 1999. Now they get to be the undisputed number 4 in the south.

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 11:21 PM
sons Coach Leach would be a perfect fit for LSU ... the first move I would recommend him making as our new coach would be to lock our players in a dark and lonely barn for 2 days so that they can think about the shitty way they performed this season.

Amarelooms
12-30-2009, 11:24 PM
sons Coach Leach would be a perfect fit for LSU ... the first move I would recommend him making as our new coach would be to lock our players in a dark and lonely barn for 2 days so that they can think about the shitty way they performed this season.

God bless son...that made me laugh

DMX7
12-30-2009, 11:37 PM
lol

pkbpkb81
12-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey mike come on back home to OU

pkbpkb81
12-30-2009, 11:43 PM
He would never go to ut he hate the longhorns you can see it by the way he votes in the polls the last one is public and most years he has them a little lower than they should be

but

him and Stoops are buddys so why not stick it to tt and come back to Norman

Cant_Be_Faded
12-31-2009, 12:08 AM
It's like we live in the future. The Mike Leach TT era is a thing of the past, just a total mind blow.

Kermit
12-31-2009, 12:17 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/12-09/1231newleach.pdf

From DMN via shaggy. This is awesome.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-31-2009, 12:26 AM
On the radio in Dallas they were talking about how the greatest irony would be if Leach went to Baylor and turned Baylor into the new Tech, all while Tech slipped and fell to current Baylor's level. and Leach would get to rub it in their face every year.

ahh so you are the troll of one of the three or four mavfan posters who listen to the ticket
or was it the fan that said this...

Cant_Be_Faded
12-31-2009, 12:27 AM

Are these legit? Just confirms it then. They fired him because of money. How sad. Leach will win the lawsuit and they'll pay more than they ever imagined and never get a good coach for a long time.

DMX7
12-31-2009, 12:42 AM
On the radio in Dallas they were talking about how the greatest irony would be if Leach went to Baylor and turned Baylor into the new Tech, all while Tech slipped and fell to current Baylor's level. and Leach would get to rub it in their face every year.

According to those emails, not many people actually want Leach.

redraiderinfiji
12-31-2009, 01:49 AM
STFU u t shirt wearin faggot, u dont have a fuckhin square inch to talk about u biiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch mutha fucka!!!!!!!!!!1

Lebomb they sell nooses at home depot......go buy one.

leemajors
12-31-2009, 08:29 AM
more hearsay:

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2009/12/30/1227438/a-person-with-direct-knowledge-of

"He called the coaches and implored them to play his son more and insinuated he would say good things about them on the air if they played his son more," said the person, who was granted anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue. "At one point Leach said to James, ‘The next time your father leaves any of us a voice mail to that effect we’re going to play it to the entire team.’ "

O-Factor
12-31-2009, 11:50 AM
If Baylor wanted to, Im sure they could hire Leach.

IronMexican
12-31-2009, 12:49 PM
more hearsay:

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2009/12/30/1227438/a-person-with-direct-knowledge-of

roflmao

Whisky Dog
12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
I heard from one of my current UT connection people last night that Craig James was shopping his kid hard to Mack back in the day trying to get him in burnt orange, even promising some extra good espn pub but Mack brushed him off cause of the kid's nature. You know Mack is thanking himself for making that decision now.

I'm just glad that spoon fed pussy Chris Sims didn't fuck us like this.

Libri
12-31-2009, 01:23 PM
video of sheds:

I guess it wasn't like this.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/sgteli/outhouse.jpg

TheGodfather
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM
Regardless of where you come out on all this, one thing is abundantly clear- Leach is taking an absolute ass-raping by ESPN.

Having the WWL use words like "imprisoned" and "sadistic bender" to describe you is probably not going to help with that next job interview.

leemajors
12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Regardless of where you come out on all this, one thing is abundantly clear- Leach is taking an absolute ass-raping by ESPN.

Having the WWL use words like "imprisoned" and "sadistic bender" to describe you is probably not going to help with that next job interview.

The lawsuit he should slap Craig James and ESPN with will more than make up for it.

Whisky Dog
12-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Leach is an egotistical, all knowing douche. Craig James is an egotistical, all knowing douche. The TxTch administration is filled with good ol' boy egotistical douches. The James kid is an entitled, whiny, bitch ass douche.

This is what happens when a bunch of douches line up and ram head on into each other... You get this pile of shit. Unfortunately the TxTch fans are who suffer.

TheGodfather
12-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Leach is an egotistical, all knowing douche. Craig James is an egotistical, all knowing douche. The TxTch administration is filled with good ol' boy egotistical douches. The James kid is an entitled, whiny, bitch ass douche.

This is what happens when a bunch of douches line up and ram head on into each other... You get this pile of shit. Unfortunately the TxTch fans are who suffer.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

DMX7
12-31-2009, 04:01 PM
more hearsay:

James had zero Division I scholarships until his dad called up Leach and got him on the team. Leach is unorthodox, that's why he took him. But since he is unorthodox, you have to live with his shenanigans and James did not.

benefactor
12-31-2009, 04:07 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/techtombstone.jpg

ClingingMars
12-31-2009, 10:35 PM

POTY in this forum

ClingingMars
12-31-2009, 10:39 PM

You piss off ESPN in the sporting world, you better hide your face and wish you hadn't lived.

btw Craig James' address and phone number have spread throughout the internets...they ain't gonna get off that easy.

DMX7
01-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Craig James is actually in San Antonio right now. I wonder if the Tech fans downtown are giving him shit.

misterx91578
01-01-2010, 01:00 AM
New York Times gets first interview with Mike Leach. The Pirate fights back, big time http://tinyurl.com/ydzj6an

DMX7
01-01-2010, 01:08 AM
New York Times gets first interview with Mike Leach. The Pirate fights back, big time http://tinyurl.com/ydzj6an

I can't believe how ugly this has gotten. There are going to be lawsuits going after everyone.

ClingingMars
01-01-2010, 04:02 AM
The police in the town north of Dallas where the James family lives have beefed up patrols around the home because of threatening statements made online, The Associated Press has reported.

Oh boy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texastech/stories/123109dnspoleachletters.2d4b0ea8.html

this story is getting worse and worse all the time. TT just opened a bag of worms

DMX7
01-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Oh boy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texastech/stories/123109dnspoleachletters.2d4b0ea8.html

this story is getting worse and worse all the time. TT just opened a bag of worms

Kermit already posted the e-mails.

Kermit
01-01-2010, 09:04 AM

This is the double D tits. Holy Shit. Holy fucking shit. Leach is going to bury these assholes. Wow. Fucking wow. I hope it was worth it.

Marcus Bryant
01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Craig James, the ultimate little league dad.

Damn, I never thought Leach would not be HC there, unless some other program threw stupid $ at him.

And :lol at an AD who hired Bobby Knight when nobody would touch him and ostensibly runs off Leach for making a player hang out in the media room and a big shed for a couple hours.

Marcus Bryant
01-01-2010, 10:18 AM
J8OXgAK_rZU

jack sommerset
01-01-2010, 10:59 AM
LOL@ Techs admins

TheGodfather
01-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Craig ("I'm a victim") James set in motion a chain of events that ended up costing someone a $10 million gig. He had to have known (or at least suspected) it was going to end up this way (if he didn't he's a moron). Did he honestly expect Leach to just bend over and take it?

And if there are tapes of him throwing ESPN's weight around, or having business dealings with Hance, then Leach isn't going to be the only one out of a job.

Blake
01-01-2010, 04:24 PM

:lol you're dreaming, idiot.

best way to stick it to Tech is to win a title as a head coach with another program.

Blake
01-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech will fade into nothing, and Aggie will fill in the power vaccuum.

I bet A&M fans are partying like it's 1999. Now they get to be the undisputed number 4 in the south.

doubtful.

If Tech can somehow swing the cash payout and get Art Briles to Lubbock, there will be little to no drop to obscurity.

Hopefully they can pull Dana Holgerson back as offensive coordinator.

Kermit
01-01-2010, 04:42 PM
doubtful.

If Tech can somehow swing the cash payout and get Art Briles to Lubbock, there will be little to no drop to obscurity.

What do you think of the Tommy Tuberville rumors?

DMX7
01-01-2010, 04:49 PM
doubtful.

Tech cannot swing the buyout. They probably couldn't even afford Leach's contract which is why they're now trying to get out of it.

johngateswhiteley
01-01-2010, 05:15 PM
...Cracks me up. A&M controls A&Ms success. The only schools that are on par or above A&M are: t.u., ou and Nebraska.

samikeyp
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
A&M has slipped behind Tech in recent years as far as success......I could see that reversing now since Tech has done this.

leemajors
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
...Cracks me up. A&M controls A&Ms success. The only schools that are on par or above A&M are: t.u., ou and Nebraska.

So they've deliberately been unsuccessful lately?

sammy
01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I found this story on ESPN which confirms what idiots the Texas Tech organization is! What a bunch of morons to fire their coach for a spoiled rich kid who has an interfering father who works for ESPN! What a travesty!

Trainer says James was monitoredComment Email Print Share By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com
Archive
Extended Mike Leach Interview
Mike Leach tells Rece Davis his side of the Adam James controversy
Tags: College Football, Texas Tech Red RaidersExtended Mike Leach InterviewVIDEO PLAYLIST
Tags:
College Football
Texas Tech Red RaidersTexas Tech Fires Mike Leach

Texas Tech Fires Mike Leach
Joe Schad on the firing of Texas Tech coach Mike Leach.
Tags:
NCFMike Leach
Adams James
Joe Schad
SportsCenterReport: Meyer Decides Not To Resign

Report: Meyer Decides Not To Resign
Urban Meyer has decided not to resign as head coach at Florida, will take leave of absence instead
Tags:
NCF
Florida GatorsUrban Meyer
Chris MortensenExtended Mike Leach Interview

Tags:
NCF
Texas Tech Red RaidersMike Leach
Adam James
Craig James
Rece Davis
Texas Tech head football athletic trainer Steve Pincock said Red Raiders receiver Adam James was placed in a "sports medicine garage" and media room as "big as a two-car garage" while recovering from a concussion, and was monitored by two trainers at all times.

Pincock's account of the incident, given in a statement to representatives of former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, contradicts James' version of events that led to Leach being fired Wednesday.

James, who is the son of ESPN college football analyst Craig James, sustained a concussion on Dec. 16. He was examined the following day and told not to practice because of the injury and an elevated heart rate.

Full Leach Interview With ESPN
Watch ESPN's entire 37-minute interview with former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach. Video

Pincock's statement was obtained by ESPN.com on Thursday night from Leach's representatives. Pincock refused further comment when reached on his cell phone in San Antonio, Texas, where the Red Raiders are preparing to play Michigan State in Saturday's Alamo Bowl.

A source told ESPN's Joe Schad that Leach called a trainer and directed him to move James "to the darkest place, to clean out the equipment and to make sure that he could not sit or lean. He was confined for three hours."

According to the source, Leach told the trainer, two days later, to "put [James] in the darkest, tightest spot. It was in an electrical closet, again, with a guard posted outside."

However, Pincock said James was initially placed in a "sports medicine garage, there is no lock on this building." Pincock said injured players are typically asked to perform exercises during practice, but "James could not participate in these drills, and was originally asked to walk around the field."

"Adam showed up to practice in street clothes, no team gear, and dark sunglasses," Pincock said, according to the statement. "Adam walked about 40 to 50 yards, very slowly and with a non-caring attitude."

Pincock said Leach then asked that James be moved to a location "where sunlight could not bother him as he was wearing sunglasses."

"I instructed Adam to stay in the garage and out of the sun, so the light would not worsen his condition," Pincock said in the statement. "While in the garage, Adam was walking around, eating ice, sitting on the ground, and, at one point, sleeping; at no point was there any enforcement to make Adam stand up."

Leach, during an on-air interview Thursday night with ESPN, said he had not suggested any place specific for James. "I said, find some place dark and one place was as good as the next, and that was close to the field, and plus they had the ice machine," Leach said.

Two days later, while the Red Raiders practiced at Jones AT&T Stadium, James was placed in a room that is used for postgame interviews involving opposing coaches and players. James told school officials he was placed in an electrical closet inside the room.

"I walked Adam to the room, which was at least as big as a two-car garage," Pincock wrote. "Inside the room there is an electrical closet. I looked in the closet and stated that there was 'no way that Adam would be placed in there.' I shut the door to the electrical closet, and it was never opened again. At no time during this practice was Adam ever placed in the electrical closet."

During Thursday's ESPN interview, Leach said he believed money was a motivating factor in his dismissal.

"Last year, they didn't want to pay the money [in contract negotiations]. Based on popular opinion and public pressure and things like that, they got in a position where, to save face, they had to give me a competitive contract, which they did," he said. "Then I think, whether it's for financial reasons or what, they decided not to follow through. Now essentially they're trying to steal the money."

In a phone interview with The New York Times, Leach described a divisive and tense relationship with Craig James, whom he said he had to deal with more than every other parent on the team combined. He said James frequently attended practices and called assistant coaches.

"I think he used his position at ESPN to try to coerce me into allowing Adam to play more," Leach told the Times. "But the thing about it is as the coach, I watch every inch of film. I'm deferring to the judgment of 12 people as we look at the film on who should play and who should play when and then we make our decision based on that. I don't feel like it's fair to the other players and I don't think it's the right way to do business to allow influence and position to dictate when you play a young man."

When Craig James was asked about those claims, he called them "absurd," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said.

Leach also told the Times that the release of a series of e-mail messages obtained by The Dallas Morning News proved that the university did not want him around. In one, a booster recommended to Tech administrators, "You should sign a contract that would not cost us too much to fire him."

"It's shocking to me that there's people working together that were trying to get me fired last year after an 11-1 regular season," Leach told the newspaper.

Mark Schlabach is a college football writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

See all 1740 comments | Add a comment

fanman2651 says: January 1, 2010, 0:42 AM ETfunny, i saw the mobile phone video the family posted and didn't see any humans other than the kid taking the video. this whole thing smells rotten, i'll bet Craig James wonders what the heck he was thinking when the entrusted his son's well being to the TT football staff...
chuckbass27 says: January 1, 2010, 0:20 AM ETwho cares - the pirate is gone...ALSO SEETech coach critical of James now offers support Texas Tech fires Leach 'effective immediately' Leach files for restraining order to coach Alamo Texas Tech suspends Leach for Alamo Bowl
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINESPenn State overcomes LSU comeback with FG Florida State rolls past WVU in Bowden's finale Auburn outlasts mistake-prone N'western in OT Bowden tribute at Gator Bowl includes new car Boise State's Petersen gets five-year extension Rumors: Latest on the draft declarations Pick the Bowls: All of 'em simulated Feldman: Prospects in the Under Armour game Millman: Bowl betting bonanza III Draft: Mel's Big Board (12/31) | NFL draft blog MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COMPage 2: Thanks for the memories (NBA edition) Reports: Arenas, teammate pull guns in dispute Texas Tech football trainer contradicts James Stark: All this really happened in '09 Reilly: A poem on the Saints Most Sent »
TOP STORIES FROM ABC NEWSCIA Resolved to Avenge Agents' Deaths No Heart Disease for Rush Limbaugh NBA Locker Room Gun Showdown? 'Too Funny,' Player Says

SPORTSNFL
MLB
NBA
NHL
College Football
College Basketball
Soccer
NASCAR

MORERacing
Golf
Tennis
Boxing
MMA
Recruiting
Olympic Sports
Horse Racing

FANTASYFootball
Baseball
Streak for the Cash
SPORTSNATIONProfiles
Groups
Chats

VIDEOMost Recent
Highlights
THE LIFETravel
Sports Passport
Arcade
Contests

TOOLSContact Us
Member Services
myESPN
ESPN Alerts
News Wire
Corrections
Daily Line
RSS

TV LISTINGSRADIOPODCENTERINSIDERPAGE 2COMMENTARYSHOPESPN360.COMSPORTSCENTERALL SPORTS
NFL
MLB
NBA
NHL
College Football
College Basketball
Women's Basketball
College Sports
Recruiting
Golf
NASCAR
Racing
Soccer
--World Cup
High Schools
Tennis
Boxing
Mixed Martial Arts
Olympic Sports
Horse Racing
Poker
WNBA
Lacrosse
Cricket (Cricinfo)
Rugby (Scrum)
Action Sports
Outdoors
Bassmaster
Rodeo & Bull Riding
UFL
COMMENTARY
Blogs
Ombudsman
PAGE 2
Sports Guy's World
FANTASY
Football
Baseball
Basketball
Hockey
Stock Car
Soccer
Arcade
Video Games
Poker Club
Gridiron Playoff Challenge
College Bowl Mania
Soccernet Bracket Predictor
Streak for the CASH
Gridiron Challenge
Pigskin Pick 'Em
Eliminator Challenge
Uber Challenge
All Fantasy Games
VIDEO
Most Recent
Highlights
30 for 30
Around the Horn
Countdown Daily
E:60
Fresh Take
Inside Deal
Mayne Street
MMA Live
Pardon the Interruption
Outside the Lines
SPORTSNATION
Profiles
Groups
Conversations
Chats
Polls
Message Boards
Widgets
CITIES
ESPNBoston.com
ESPNChicago.com
ESPNDallas.com
ESPNLosAngeles.com
ESPN Local
THE LIFE
Home
Travel
Sports Passport
Arcade
Video Games
Tickets
Contests
Books
Active.com
College Football HomeBowlsScores
ScheduleRankingsStandingsStatsTeamsBlogRecruitingL ocalOddsResources
Awards Tracker
BCS Standings
Bowl Projections
Conferences
Game Projections
Odds
Pick Center
Players
Power Rankings
Rumors
Weekly Leaders2009 TV Schedule
2009 TV Maps
2009-10 Bowl Schedule
2009-10 Coaching Changes
2009 Season Preview
College GameDay
Heisman
Local Coverage
Three-Point StanceTickets ESPN » All Sports » College Football

johngateswhiteley
01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
A&M has slipped behind Tech in recent years as far as success......I could see that reversing now since Tech has done this.

I don't deny that. But it would reverse by A&Ms own doing. There is such thing as trends.

johngateswhiteley
01-01-2010, 06:37 PM
So they've deliberately been unsuccessful lately?

Did t.u. deliberately suck in the 90s? No, shit happens.

Marcus Bryant
01-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Briles? Come on. Briles' rep is about as deserved or real as Sherman's. And Briles isn't going to get kids to drive ten hours from civilization to Lubbock as Leach was able to, or get more out of less as Leach did.

Blake
01-03-2010, 04:44 AM

sums it up pretty well

Blake
01-03-2010, 04:53 AM
What do you think of the Tommy Tuberville rumors?

disturbing.

He would be nice if Tech was at Baylor's level and starting over was an option.

I'd like to see this program continue at this pace and having even Ruffin move into the HC spot would be better to me than Tommy.

Blake
01-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech cannot swing the buyout. They probably couldn't even afford Leach's contract which is why they're now trying to get out of it.

you are most likely correct that the cannot swing the buyout, but they can afford Leach's contract well enough.

Blake
01-03-2010, 04:57 AM

...jgw cracks me up.

Blake
01-03-2010, 05:12 AM
Briles? Come on. Briles' rep is about as deserved or real as Sherman's. And Briles isn't going to get kids to drive ten hours from civilization to Lubbock as Leach was able to, or get more out of less as Leach did.

Briles has a CUSA title under his belt while being the HC at Houston. He won 4 state high school titles in the 90s before spending 3 years as asst coach under Leach and then on to UH.

I think I can safely say if the Raiders were to get Briles, they would still be closer to a Big XII title than the Ags with Sherman who has nothing much better than Brett Favre on his resume.

....all that said, I doubt Briles comes to Lubbock any time soon and I'm betting Tech simply moves McNeil into the HC spot.

lebomb
01-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Ruffin would be the smart choice.

j-6
01-03-2010, 12:10 PM
this is why i dislike the new york times

article written by someone named "thayer"

go out of their way to say it was a 38-minute phone interview (wow! 38 minutes!)

then use content ripped off from AP, ESPN and the Dallas Morning News for the majority of the story

pulitzer

Isn't "Thayer" the semen receptacle that said Texas sends prospects to Girls Gone Wild parties and OU's process is upstanding and respectable?