PDA

View Full Version : Rockets and Bulls talking trade

djohn2oo8
12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation in Chicago said the Bulls would likely insist on getting either Luis Scola or Carl Landry in a trade, making it a four-for-two deal. The Rockets would get James in addition to Miller, Salmons, and Thomas, while sending McGrady and a forward to Chicago. The Rockets are very high on both Scola and Landry, and that could make this a deal-breaker. It remains to be seen.

One thing's for sure - the Rockets aren't going to let McGrady sit and stew in Houston. He won't play good soldier, as we've seen in the past. He'll complain and stir up mess until he gets traded. The Chicago Bulls have some pieces that would greatly benefit Houston. It seems a solution to Houston's McGrady problem may be close at hand. The Rockets get the young star-quality player they seek, the Bulls get cap space to chase Stoudemire this summer.- Hoopsworld

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14823&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Goddamn it :bang Hopefully Morey finds a way to rob them blind while letting Scola and Landry stay

Unholy Turkey
12-30-2009, 03:20 PM
:wow

Morey would be GOAT if he could pull that off.

Who'd be SG though? Salmons?

djohn2oo8
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
:wow

Morey would be GOAT if he could pull that off.

Who'd be SG though? Salmons?

Yeah, Salmons would be the SG

dougp
12-30-2009, 03:25 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation in Chicago said the Bulls would likely insist on getting either Luis Scola or Carl Landry in a trade, making it a four-for-two deal. The Rockets would get James in addition to Miller, Salmons, and Thomas, while sending McGrady and a forward to Chicago. The Rockets are very high on both Scola and Landry, and that could make this a deal-breaker. It remains to be seen.

One thing's for sure - the Rockets aren't going to let McGrady sit and stew in Houston. He won't play good soldier, as we've seen in the past. He'll complain and stir up mess until he gets traded. The Chicago Bulls have some pieces that would greatly benefit Houston. It seems a solution to Houston's McGrady problem may be close at hand. The Rockets get the young star-quality player they seek, the Bulls get cap space to chase Stoudemire this summer.- Hoopsworld

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14823&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Goddamn it :bang Hopefully Morey finds a way to rob them blind while letting Scola and Landry stay

You'd rob them blind by giving them TMac + Landry for B. Miller, T. Thomas, Salmons and J. James. Landry is no better than Thomas, and convincing Landry to stay after this year in Houston would probably be hard. You'd keep a great 2 guard for 2 years, and the rest are expiring and you could convince T. Thomas to stay - a front court of Thomas and Scola would be a good core for the Rockets, surrounded by Brooks, Salmons and Ariza.

Brooks
Salmons
Ariza
Scola
Thomas

Surround that team with some savvy vets and roleplayers, and you could lure a big time All-Star next season.

DAF86
12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
You'd rob them blind by giving them TMac + Landry for B. Miller, T. Thomas, Salmons and J. James. Landry is no better than Thomas, and convincing Landry to stay after this year in Houston would probably be hard. You'd keep a great 2 guard for 2 years, and the rest are expiring and you could convince T. Thomas to stay - a front court of Thomas and Scola would be a good core for the Rockets, surrounded by Brooks, Salmons and Ariza.

Brooks
Salmons
Ariza
Scola
Thomas

Surround that team with some savvy vets and roleplayers, and you could lure a big time All-Star next season.

Yes, yes he is and by a big margin.

Unholy Turkey
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Landry has a brain. Thomas doesn't.

What type of game does Salmons have?

Tacker
12-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Landry has a brain. Thomas doesn't.

What type of game does Salmons have?

Salmons is a slasher........If this trade goes down Bulls GM would have to be the most retarded fuckers out there....

Muser
12-30-2009, 03:51 PM
That'd be a nice trade for Houston.

Thunder Dan
12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
this move will really affect the first round of the playoffs nobody watches. 2 teams going nowhere fast

Unholy Turkey
12-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Last year Salmons had a 0.418 3 point field goal percentage... that would work wonders on our offense,

And Miller would essentially be a much better version of Anderson.

Not to mention the two have been coached under Adelman before.

Xylus
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
TMac + Landry

for

Salmons + Miller + Ty Thomas + James' expiring?

Get it done, Houston! You'll be the deepest team in the league.

Tacker
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Just heard on the Radio that the Bulls aren't going to trade their core young players including T.Thomas Rose and Noah but if they were to pull of the deal they said the most likely trade would be Mcgrady for Salmons Miller and Jerome James.

Xylus
12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Just heard on the Radio that the Bulls aren't going to trade their core young players including T.Thomas Rose and Noah but if they were to pull of the deal they said the most likely trade would be Mcgrady for Salmons Miller and Jerome James.

I'd still make that trade.

ginobili's bald spot
12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Landry is MUCH better than Thomas. But the Rockets already have Scola anyways so this is a good trade for them. It gives them depth, a reliable outside shooter in Salmons and they get rid of their headache in McGrady.

mardigan
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I'd still make that trade.

Yup. I'd be even more inclined to make this trade so I wouldn't have to give up one of those talented pf's.

Tacker
12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Alot of people forget that before T Macs injury the guy was averaging 27+ppg.........

Unholy Turkey
No Scola or Landry needed?

Gogogogogogogogogogoo

ginobili's bald spot

That's an even better trade for the Rockets. Damn.

sook
12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Landry is MUCH better than Thomas. But the Rockets already have Scola anyways so this is a good trade for them. It gives them depth, a reliable outside shooter in Salmons and they get rid of their headache in McGrady.

Landry is SO much better than thomas it isn't even funny and only people that watch him regularly know why, on 8FUCKING shots this dude puts u 20+ points he is so aggressive and doesn't play out of the offense. Shooting 60% most of his games and he gets paid 3 mil.

He is 2nd in PER for all PFs and is one of the most valuable assets in terms of his salary and production

Xylus
12-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Alot of people forget that before T Macs injury the guy was averaging 27+ppg.........

Unlike most here, I don't think it's a bad trade for the Bulls. If TMac can come back and stay relatively healthy, he's exactly what that team needs.

DAF86
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
That's an even better trade for the Rockets. Damn.

Almost everything is better for Houston than nothing, which is what they're getting from McGrady, the thing is would you make that trade and sacrifice the cap space at the end of the season which could be needed to sign a guy like Bosh?

Besides making moves could be dangerous for a squad that has "team chemisrty" as one of their biggest strenghts.

DAF86
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Landry is SO much better than thomas it isn't even funny and only people that watch him regularly know why, on 8FUCKING shots this dude puts u 20+ points he is so aggressive and doesn't play out of the offense. Shooting 60% most of his games and he gets paid 3 mil.

He is 2nd in PER for all PFs and is one of the most valuable assets in terms of his salary and production

I noticed that too, he reminds me of Manu on that regard.

sook
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Almost everything is better for Houston than nothing, which is what they're getting from McGrady, the thing is would you make that trade and sacrifice the cap space at the end of the season which could be needed to sign a guy like Bosh?

Besides making moves could be dangerous for squad that has "team chemisrty" as one of their biggest strenghts.

You're not undersanding the point. We ARE getting something if we let his contract expire , thats a crap load of money we can throw at an all star or super star to guarantee them here. We have an AWESOME core, we need an all star big man and we will be the kings of old.

robbie380
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
there is no way in hell morey trades landry away.

i think a tmac/filler for miller/salmons/filler is pretty fair for both sides.

djohn2oo8
12-30-2009, 04:24 PM

Besides making moves could be dangerous for a squad that has "team chemisrty" as one of their biggest strenghts.

Miller is an expiring, and Salmons has an option to opt out..Both should be able to fit in well with Adelman's system , if this trade goes down

sook
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
I noticed that too, he reminds me of Manu on that regard.

exactly, people rag on Manu b.c he plays off the bench like landry is now, but these guys are INCREDIBLY efficient and help their team win.

Whats ironic is both these guys were 2nd round picks and worked really hard, landry increased his vertical by 5 inches his rookie year to earn some playing time, learned a jumpshot properly for the first time, and increased his FT% by alot

DAF86
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
You're not undersanding the point. We ARE getting something if we let his contract expire , thats a crap load of money we can throw at an all star or super star to guarantee them here. We have an AWESOME core, we need an all star big man and we will be the kings of old.

That was exactly my point.

Xylus
12-30-2009, 04:26 PM

But instead you're getting James' and Millers' expiring contracts, plus Salmons. I think the Rockets still benefit.

sook
12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Unlike most here, I don't think it's a bad trade for the Bulls. If TMac can come back and stay relatively healthy, he's exactly what that team needs.

Thats exactly what will happen, tmac looks pretty good i have to say....but regardless adelman's system isn't taylored for him. Thats the reason he isn't playing, sure he will help us now. But adelman's plans are for the long run he is basically reconstructing the kings.

sook
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
That was exactly my point.

good so we agree :toast

sook
12-30-2009, 04:28 PM
But instead you're getting James' and Millers' expiring contracts, plus Salmons. I think the Rockets still benefit.

Yup, i think a deal not including scola/landry/brooks/lowry is good

djohn2oo8
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Even if this trade does not go down, which I hope it does, McGrady will not remain a Rocket all the way up to the deadline

robbie380
12-30-2009, 04:33 PM

those contracts could be much more easily traded too

baseline bum
12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't move Landry nor Scola... not for the crap Chicago is offering.

TDMVPDPOY
12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
if you can get 4 players for 2, pull the trigger

nice backup for yao in miller,
you get thomas who can rebound and blockshots to help out yao down low,

salmons ftw

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2009, 05:33 PM

Brooks
Salmons
Ariza
Scola
Thomas

And Thomas is three years younger than Landry, but I'd miss Landry. I think he's better than Thomas. I'd rather trade Scola honestly, but it would still be a beastly trade.

Indazone
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Landry is a young developing All-Star. You do not trade Landry for second tier players. Scola I could see letting go but even that is painful. If I"m Morey I stand pat on that trade and let T-Mac's contract expire. How much damage can T-Mac do if he's not allowed near any of the team facilities? What's he going to do? Buy a ticket behind Adleman and act like a wuss the way Marbury did?

Kai
12-30-2009, 05:37 PM
From my point of view, the Rockets are completely prepared to go to war with what we have, meaning letting McGrady expire. Of course they don't want to do that, but they have faith in our current roster. This means T-Mac is house money, as in anything we get for him and only him is a plus. I really don't see any reason for us to include anyone like Landry, Scola, Lowry, etc. in a deal, unless it means a significant upgrade.

Know now that Tracy will not be traded any time soon. There is no reason for the Rockets to pull the trigger on any deal right away, even if we're offered LeBron (:lol). The trade deadline is more likely to help us get more, and not the other way around, seeing as we'd be fine letting him expire anyways. I'd expect a deal to be done in February.

Indazone
12-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Miller and Salmons for T-Mac and a draft pick. What more do you need?

The Franchise
12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
And Thomas is three years younger than Landry, but I'd miss Landry. I think he's better than Thomas. I'd rather trade Scola honestly, but it would still be a beastly trade.

Anyone that says they would rather have Thomas than Landry hasn't been paying much attention to Landry. I would much rather trade Scola than Landry, and I would never have said that at the beginning of the season.

Venti Quattro
12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Morey is a Jedi Master lol

The Franchise
12-30-2009, 05:46 PM
From my point of view, the Rockets are completely prepared to go to war with what we have, meaning letting McGrady expire. Of course they don't want to do that, but they have faith in our current roster. This means T-Mac is house money, as in anything we get for him and only him is a plus. I really don't see any reason for us to include anyone like Landry, Scola, Lowry, etc. in a deal, unless it means a significant upgrade.

Know now that Tracy will not be traded any time soon. There is no reason for the Rockets to pull the trigger on any deal right away, even if we're offered LeBron (:lol). The trade deadline is more likely to help us get more, and not the other way around, seeing as we'd be fine letting him expire anyways. I'd expect a deal to be done in February.

Great post. The Rockets really aren't under pressure to get anything done. Either teams give us something we want or we let him expire. We are sitting pretty no matter what happens.

Double-Up
12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Most of these deals aren't that great, I believe we'll just hold onto him for a few weeks until something better comes up if at all.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Trading anybody in addition to McGrady would just be stupid for Houston IMO..why move Landry or Scola just to get back Tyrus Thomas?..they're both significantly better than him, no point in doing this..

Houston is in a tough position here though..why would they want Salmons when they already have wing players that want the ball anyways?..that would interfere with Ariza taking 40 shots a night..they're better off giving Budinger more minutes IMO..

On the other hand, they obviously need to move McGrady, or it will become a problem..

Also, who exactly are they going to go after in FA next year?..if they do go after Bosh, you can't have Scola AND Landry on the team with him, it's redundant..

I don't know, Houston has TOO much depth, especially at some of the same positions..

Indazone
12-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Bosh can play center like Amare Stoudamire

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Bosh gets absolutely abused as a C on the defensive end..he's actually a pretty decent and underrated defender when he plays PF, but his defense is horrible when the Raptors have played him at C..it brings their team down..

also, what happens to Yao?..isn't he opting to stay for the last year?..

Bosh/Yao frontcourt is really scary, but I'd say they'd have to move Scola or Landry in that case IMO..they could get something nice though, they're both good players..

I don't think Bosh will be in Houston though, highly doubt it..

DPG21920
12-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Ummmm...Rockets get 18M in expiring to keep, plus a serviceable player in Salmons that is healthy...You do that trade.

That means they are trading 5M in expiring for Salmons. That is a good deal.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I would do the trade..I just don't know what direction they're going to go in general, they have a lot of bunched up talent..

kingmalaki
12-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Ummmm...Rockets get 18M in expiring to keep, plus a serviceable player in Salmons that is healthy...You do that trade.

That means they are trading 5M in expiring for Salmons. That is a good deal.

It isn't worth giving up Landry to acquire Salmons, from a talent perspective or financially. Salmons can either become a free agent or pick up his $6M option next season, which means the Rockets have used most of their cap space on him. Thomas has to be resigned, so you are basically deciding between him and Scola, not to mention probably paying him more than the $3M that Landry is locked in at.

That trade is a piece of horse spit.

Roxsfan
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
no way we give up Landry or Scola. Just let Mac expire, that alone will be enough "trade" for mac to get his salary off the books.

mogrovejo
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Yes, yes he is [Landry better than Thomas] and by a big margin.

I agree.

The Rockets would be better by just negotiating a buy-out with McGrady. This particular trade is particularly horrific for them. Nonsensical rumour, I don't believe that Morey would even consider doing this trade.

DPG21920
12-30-2009, 07:49 PM
It isn't worth giving up Landry to acquire Salmons, from a talent perspective or financially. Salmons can either become a free agent or pick up his $6M option next season, which means the Rockets have used most of their cap space on him. Thomas has to be resigned, so you are basically deciding between him and Scola, not to mention probably paying him more than the $3M that Landry is locked in at.

That trade is a piece of horse spit.

The proposed trade was James/Salmons/Miller for T-Mac I thought?

Double-Up
12-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Agreed. Especially when you take into account that they do not want T-Mac to play period, having his expiring would not really change their cap situation and they would get 3 quality players out of the deal in exchange for one rotation player.

Jerome James though is one of the worst players in the NBA and is stealing money.

We're better off just letting him expire if all we're getting back is garbage. We will have max cap space if we decide to renounce Lowry and Scola's rights in 2010.

Lars
12-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Landry is a deal breaker. Unless we are getting an all star in return McGrady is the only person leaving Houston.

JMarkJohns
12-30-2009, 08:36 PM
A friend of mine has heard word that the Rockets are mulling over an offer of Jason Richardson and Barbosa for McGrady. My friend says it could be done by this weekend.

DPG21920
12-30-2009, 08:37 PM
A friend of mine has heard word that the Rockets are mulling over an offer of Jason Richardson and Barbosa for McGrady. My friend says it could be done by this weekend.

Just a rumor I think that has no real legs. Discussed by Thorpe.

JMarkJohns
12-30-2009, 08:37 PM
I think I'd rather have the savings of Miller and James' expiring along with Salmons for a few years than a little more talent, but greater cost in Richardson and Barbosa.

However, this move fits with Sarver, which is why I'm buying it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I'd be fine with that. Neither J-Rich or Barbosa are ever going to reliable starting shooting guards. If Phoenix's training staff were able to help T-Mac he could surprise. That's a good trade.

DPG21920
12-30-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't like that at all for the Suns. J-Rich has had a very good year and Barbosa, when healthy is a damn solid option.

If the Suns want to blow it up for the year, good trade, if they want to win, don't do it.

JMarkJohns
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd be fine with that. Neither J-Rich or Barbosa are ever going to reliable starting shooting guards. If Phoenix's training staff were able to help T-Mac he could surprise. That's a good trade.

The trade goes through and all things expected to happen happen, the Suns will have 18+ million committed to Nash, Dragic, Dudley, Lopez and Clark and have roughly 35 million in CAP space. No draft picks, but they suck at those anyways. I'd like to see the Suns offer up Clark/Collins to New York for Hill. New York gets a solid versatile combo prospect and clears several million in CAP space with Collins' coming off the books at year's end.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't like that at all for the Suns. J-Rich has had a very good year and Barbosa, when healthy is a damn solid option.

If the Suns want to blow it up for the year, good trade, if they want to win, don't do it.

Barbosa is a scrub piece of shit. People jizz about his stats because he likes to inflate his numbers during garbage time against bad teams. Any game against good teams, or any close game, he's worthless. As a Spurs fan you should know the kind of sackless pussy Barbosa is during crunch time.

J-Rich has had a great year but he's still not worth his contract.

DPG21920
12-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Barbosa is not a scrub and I watch the Suns quite a bit. You may not like him, but he is certainly not a scurb. He has had an off year and a half, but he can regain his form imo.

If they trade Barbosa/Rich for Mac, they are throwing away all of the good they have accomplished this year. But if you think having that cap space can net you a great player next year, it may be worth it. But don't fool yourself into thinking T-Mac may surprise.

Lars
12-30-2009, 09:12 PM

I love that trade, we are basically stacked at every position but SG. It makes us extremely balanced.

mogrovejo
12-30-2009, 09:14 PM
That would be an excellent trade for the Suns. But, once again, I don't see Morey even thinking about doing such a trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
But don't fool yourself into thinking T-Mac may surprise.

Yeah that'd be dumb of me. This training staff did such a bad job with Grant Hill reviving T-Mac would be out of the question.

JMarkJohns
12-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah that'd be dumb of me. This training staff did such a bad job with Grant Hill reviving T-Mac would be out of the question.

And Shaq, and Amare's micro-fractured knee, and keeping Nash's back from being a much bigger issue...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
And Shaq, and Amare's micro-fractured knee, and keeping Nash's back from being a much bigger issue...

Yeah, they pretty much fucked up all of those players. If I were T-Mac I'd be scared to death the Phoenix training staff would get me a life threatening injury.

angelbelow
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
wow if the rockets trade Tmac and Landry for those 4 then that is an absolute steal for the rockets.

ElNono
12-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Barbosa is not a scrub and I watch the Suns quite a bit. You may not like him, but he is certainly not a scurb. He has had an off year and a half, but he can regain his form imo.

If they trade Barbosa/Rich for Mac, they are throwing away all of the good they have accomplished this year. But if you think having that cap space can net you a great player next year, it may be worth it. But don't fool yourself into thinking T-Mac may surprise.

I watch the Suns quite a bit too and Barbosa is indeed garbage. He pulls a Houdini every time Phoenix plays serious team. Not that TMac has shown he can do shit in the post season, but they wouldn't necessarily be regressing in that department.

ElNono
12-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh, and if the Rockets get Brad Miller, will Adelman push to get Bibby and Peja back too? Are we gonna see the Sacramento Rockets again? :lol

milkshakeballa
12-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Salmons is a slasher........If this trade goes down Bulls GM would have to be the most retarded fuckers out there....

ummm nooo

they want to trade salmons for an expiring because its looknig more and more likely by the day that he will NOT opt out...therefore not allowing CHI to offer a max contract...if they can trade Salmons for an expiring they will be good to get a MAX

Rose
Deng
MAX FA

Not a bad core at all in the East. Deng just needs to find his game again...

Hinrich (who they are also shopping hard for an expiring - he cannot mesh with Rose) is next.

DPG21920
12-31-2009, 12:02 AM
I watch the Suns quite a bit too and Barbosa is indeed garbage. He pulls a Houdini every time Phoenix plays serious team. Not that TMac has shown he can do shit in the post season, but they wouldn't necessarily be regressing in that department.

I guess we differ on the definition of garbage then. In my mind there are garbage players, decent players, good/role players, excellent players and superstars.

He is in the good/role player group. But not the point of the thread.

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Anyone that says they would rather have Thomas than Landry hasn't been paying much attention to Landry. I would much rather trade Scola than Landry, and I would never have said that at the beginning of the season.

this....

crc21209
12-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Salmons + Miller on the Rockets with Battier, Brooks, Scola, and Ariza? Damn....hope this doesnt happen...:lol

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:10 AM

that is an absolute fucking steal for PHOENIX if true...

crc21209
12-31-2009, 12:12 AM

Unless T-BACK is still hurt...:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:14 AM

Yeah, it might hurt them this season cause of T-Mac's health, but it frees up nearly 20mil in cap space next off season and gets rid of two overpaid players, neither one of which being the long term answer at the two.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:15 AM

Given how the Suns' training staff handled Nash's back that shouldn't be a problem.

crc21209
12-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Given how the Suns' training staff handled Nash's back that shouldn't be a problem.

I dunno T-Mac is a whole different person/story though...this guy just can't stay healthy for jack shit...

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:16 AM
I hope that Phoenix proposed deal is b/s

DOK - Are Hill and Frye expected to opt out???

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:17 AM

ummm no...

If Phoenix does that trade and TMac never plays a minute for them...do you realize what that trade would give Phoenix?

As a Laker fan I would be very worried if Phoenix was able to pull that off...I would feel comfort in knowing Sarvar would have to write out that max contract in 2010....but damn they would be in a great position

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM

I have no idea. If I had to guess, I'd say Channing does and Grant doesn't.

DPG21920
12-31-2009, 12:19 AM

Do you think they are Wizards or something? Yes, they have a great track record, but it is not just about T-Mac's "health". There are other factors to consider. Not to mention that T-Mac worked with the "magic man" this summer and still looks shaky.

The same guy Jordan, Wade, Arenas ...all worked with. T-Mac looks much worse than all of them.

They did a great job with Shaq, but a big problem with him was his weight. That is not a medical issue and they did a good job of helping him with that.

Amare is an athletic freak of nature and that surely helped his recovery.

Grant Hill is a nice story and Nash often looks like he is in pain, but he still competes at a high level. Also, the soft, no defense system is easier on the body than other teams systems as well. That is not a shot, but just an observation.

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:21 AM
I have no idea. If I had to guess, I'd say Channing does and Grant doesn't.

if this happens...Phoenix has 21.7 mil on tap going into next summer.

They would have a lot of holes but man...if they have a good off-season they could really pick up some talent to surround nash with...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:23 AM
Do you think they are Wizards or something? Yes, they have a great track record, but it is not just about T-Mac's "health". There are other factors to consider. Not to mention that T-Mac worked with the "magic man" this summer and still looks shaky.

The same guy Jordan, Wade, Arenas ...all worked with. T-Mac looks much worse than all of them.

They did a great job with Shaq, but a big problem with him was his weight. That is not a medical issue and they did a good job of helping him with that.

Amare is an athletic freak of nature and that surely helped his recovery.

Grant Hill is a nice story and Nash often looks like he is in pain, but he still competes at a high level. Given the soft, no defense system is easier on the body than other teams as well. That is not a shot, but just an observation.

All fair points except we really have no idea how Tmac looks given how limited his PT is........with Shaq it was largely about knowing what muscles to strengthen so he wouldn't put unnecessary stress on other body pars. That could very well be the case with T-Mac.

JMarkJohns
12-31-2009, 12:26 AM
I hope that Phoenix proposed deal is b/s

Frye, yes. He's having a career year and is making only 2 million this and next on this contract. However, I'd imagine he'd want to resign with Phoenix (where he's from, anyways).

Hill could opt out, but likely won't. He's happy with the money since he signed the deal knowing his market, and chose Phoenix in the midst of turmoil and turnover so he could play things out.

Either way, if Hill chooses to stay and Frye resigns for the MLE, a trade for McGrady and Amare opting out of his deal still gives the Suns approximately 20-to-25 million CAP.

With Nash, Hill, Frye (at MLE), Dragic, Dudley, Lopez and Clark the Suns CAP would be around 27 million.

That would likely put them around 25 million under the CAP, enough for one MAX contract, a second MLE and some filler or two near max deals, the first likely to keep Amare, the second to add a better SG (if one is available via free agency or trade).

Again, that's IF McGrady is acquired and his 21 million allowed to come off the CAP.

Should both Frye and Hill opt out and not return, with McGrady and Amare off the books, Phoenix is looking at roughly 35 million or so in CAP space with Nash, Dragic, Dudley, Lopez and Clark under contract.

Should both Frye and Hill pick up their options (unlikely), with McGrady and Amare off the books, Phoenix is looking at roughly 30 million or so in CAP space with Nash, Hill, Frye, Dragic, Dudley, Lopez and Clark under contract.

Lots of options, all of which are contingent upon McGrady coming, then going...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:26 AM
if this happens...Phoenix has 21.7 mil on tap going into next summer.

They would have a lot of holes but man...if they have a good off-season they could really pick up some talent to surround nash with...

I'm not sure how attractive they'd be for free agents, but damn, if they somehow got D-Wade.

DPG21920
12-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Possibly, but I remember seeing a blown dunk on a fast break by T-Mac thinking: "wow, that is not a good sign". He can still be effective I guess, but my whole point was don't fool yourself into thinking it would be a good basketball move for this year.

It would be a white flag for this year and move for the next year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Possibly, but I remember seeing a blown dunk on a fast break by T-Mac thinking: "wow, that is not a good sign". He can still be effective I guess, but my whole point was don't fool yourself into thinking it would be a good basketball move for this year.

It would be a white flag for this year and move for the next year.

Well the blown dunk could be just shaking off rust, but either way, it's a white flag in a year they had little to no shot at making any noise, and a move that gives them tons of routes to chose from. IMO, the future pros outweigh the immediate cons.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:30 AM
And idk why but a part of me has always craved T-Mac in a Suns jersey ever since he was almost traded here in 2004.

DPG21920
12-31-2009, 12:31 AM
I agree with that, but they are trying to build a positive culture and winning is surely more fun than losing. Fans don't really buy into that kind of thinking either. Especially with the Suns competing with the top teams early on.

JMarkJohns
12-31-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure how attractive they'd be for free agents, but damn, if they somehow got D-Wade.

I think my ideal is this...

Hill stays under current deal, Frye resigns at the MLE level, Wade is signed at a MAX contract, David Lee signed for a 10/12 per year range contract, Amundson resigned for whatever is left.

PG: Nash, Dragic
SG: Wade
SF: Hill, Dudley, Clark
PF: Frye, Amundson
C: Lee, Lopez

Ideally, this season the Suns figure out a way to swipe Jordan Hill from the Knicks. Construct a package around Clark (more the ideal combo for a D'Antoni system, anyways). Collins' expiring deal/Clark/Future 1st for Hill might work.

Hill brings the athleticism they lose by letting Amare walk and has more rebounding and defensive skills.

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:33 AM

woldn't count on Dwade...but I think bosh would be interested in playing with nash.

he seems like a perfect fit...

dont expect joe j to call ya this summer though! :lol

Xylus
12-31-2009, 12:34 AM

Hill stays under current deal, Frye resigns at the MLE level, Wade is signed at a MAX contract, David Lee signed for a 10/12 per year range contract, Amundson resigned for whatever is left.

Ideally, this season the Suns figure out a way to swipe Jordan Hill from the Knicks. Construct a package around Clark (more the ideal combo for a D'Antoni system, anyways). Collins' expiring deal/Clark/Future 1st for Hill might work.

Hill brings the athleticism they lose by letting Amare walk and has more rebounding and defensive skills.
Dear Fucking God, I've been dreaming of that lineup for years.

Jizzzzzzzzzz

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:34 AM
dont expect joe j to call ya this summer though! :lol

HIGHLY unlikely, but Bryan Colangelo is gone, so JJ might not be extremely hostile.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Idk how good than lineup would be. The big men are so awful.

Xylus
12-31-2009, 12:36 AM

David Lee is averaging 19 and 11 this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:37 AM
David Lee is averaging 19 and 11 this year.

Yeah, in the Antoni cuckold offense.

Xylus
12-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah, in the Antoni cuckold offense.

With the Magnificent Duhon dishing him the ball.

JMarkJohns

David Lee is a much better rebounder and is just as active as Amare is now. Can't shoot as well, but Frye can still stretch the floor. Lee has enough size, strength and athleticism to win enough in a one-on-one situation with the floor spread. Especially with Nash feeding him the ball.

If the trade for Hill can be done, there's potential.

Suns aren't getting two MAX contracts. I mean, they aren't getting that lineup, either, so, none of this really matters. But in order for the Suns to have the money to land Wade/Bosh or even Wade and keep Amare, Frye is gone - maybe even Hill.

I don't think the Suns will have that kind of money. I think Sarver sees that Frye might be willing to resign for the MLE, and for the production level he's at currently, that's a smart signing.

spursfan1000
Even if the Rockets are high on Scola and Landry I don't think that would be a big factor on whether they like or dislike it. Scola nor Landry are part of their future plans and they are really bought on trading Mcgrady, it's not even like they are just getting expiring contracts, they would be getting Salmons and Miller who can help any team out, and Thomas has alot of potential.

milkshakeballa

ZERO interior D

I am scared of Bosh next to Nash...

Xylus
12-31-2009, 12:41 AM
ZERO interior D

Since when does Bosh provide interior D? :lol

JMarkJohns
12-31-2009, 12:41 AM
ZERO interior D

Bosh and depth is my second ideal...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:43 AM
What's interesting about this whole thing is we have absolutely 0 clue of what Kerr's plan is beyond this year. The bad part is there's a good chance Kerr has 0 clue.

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Nash
Raja Bell back (any hard feelings) for 3 ish
Hill
Bosh
Frye

Dragic/Dudley/Amundson

Even sign another MLE type player though if Sarver signed Bosh i doubt he would do much more...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2009, 12:44 AM
IMO, Amare > Bosh, I've never been a big fan of his (I'm no fan of Amare either). Amare has absolutely nutted on Bosh in H2H.

JMarkJohns
12-31-2009, 12:45 AM
IMO, Amare > Bosh, I've never been a big fan of his (I'm no fan of Amare either). Amare has absolutely nutted on Bosh in H2H.

For the money, Amare will likely be cheaper due to health concerns, decline in production.

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Say Frye resigns for 5 ish Hill stays locked in and Amare starting at 18 mil...

If im correct Suns are only at 44 mil which will still give them another 11 ish mil?? Is this correct

Nash
Amare
11 mil player
Hill
Frye

JMarkJohns
12-31-2009, 12:52 AM
There's a decent selection of second-tier/third tier bigs. Lee is a good option as a big man and should arguable be in the first tier with Bosh, Amare and Boozer. Camby and J. O'Neal headline the third tier, and there's a chance each can be had for a 3/4 year, MLE-level amount. Frye is also likely to be available. Maybe resign Frye to MLE, go after Camby for MLE and look to keep Amare, then go after a 3/4 million per option for SG? Maybe look to trade Clark to New Jersey for Courtney Lee? With Douglas-Roberts emergence, Lee isn't as needed.

JMarkJohns
12-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Say Frye resigns for 5 ish Hill stays locked in and Amare starting at 18 mil...

If im correct Suns are only at 44 mil which will still give them another 11 ish mil?? Is this correct

Nash
Amare
11 mil player
Hill
Frye

It's not out of the question that this could be the Suns lineup next year...

SG: MLE-level player
SF: Hill, Dudley
PF: Amare (resign at near MAX), Amundson (resign for cheap)
C: Frye (resign at MLE level), Camby (sign at MLE level)

If the MLE level is roughly 5.5 million, then times three is 16ish or so. Say Amare is resigned at a deal worth 18 per season (not quite max, but more than his last deal with Phoenix which averaged 16 per season), but starts at 15 million, then Phoenix has spent roughly 32 million in CAP space. Add this to the roughly 21 million on the books for Nash, Hill, Dragic, Dudley, Lopez and Clark and Phoenix is at roughly 53 million, or right around where most think the low-end projections for the CAP is. There's a chance the CAP is at 55, which would give them a bit more space.

I still say trade Clark for Lee, sign a backup SG for 2/3 million and have roughly three MLE's and a MAX for your frontcourt.

EDIT: ^ or, have enough to resign Amare at 15 million starting (18 on average), Frye at 4 million starting (5.5 on average) and sign David Lee for 10 million starting (12 on average).

That's got some potential, there...

Kai
12-31-2009, 03:56 AM
lol @ this turning into Suns fan wet dream thread :lol

Lars
12-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Even if the Rockets are high on Scola and Landry I don't think that would be a big factor on whether they like or dislike it. Scola nor Landry are part of their future plans and they are really bought on trading Mcgrady, it's not even like they are just getting expiring contracts, they would be getting Salmons and Miller who can help any team out, and Thomas has alot of potential.

wtf are you serious