PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P 2009- good year or bad?

Suicidal Jack
12-30-2009, 05:26 PM
For me this year has been pretty shitty, how will you remember this past year? Any big events take place?

Venti Quattro
12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Michael Jackson's death
Brittany Murphy's surprise death
The death of many more celebrities

Lakers - 2009 Champs
NY Yanks - 2009 MLB Champs

tlongII
12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Very Bad.

sonic21
12-30-2009, 05:50 PM
bad year.

my girfriend is pregnant. That's the only good news i had this year.

Xylus
12-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Not a great year, but not the worst year of my life.

I'm looking forward to 2010.

760Spursfan
12-30-2009, 06:00 PM
2K9
Grandmother passed away
Business was slow

Pretty shitty year

Looking forward to 2010

Venti Quattro
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Love life wise I'm all good and NBA-wise.

But on other fronts, this has been a bad year especially in the finance department. Hoping for a better 2010.

MiamiHeat
12-30-2009, 06:17 PM
shitty sports year

Yankees champs again... buying a championship works... what a great example to set...punks..

Lakers champs again.... terrible, nuff said.

The Gemini Method
12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Sportswise--How can it get any better? The Lakers won the title! Sad to see so many scandals, but with 24-hour media you can't sneeze on a girl not your wife/gf and not get twitterized, facebook'd, and internet'd to death.

Lovelife--Stable and great...not much turmoil and I couldn't ask for a better gf.

Familylife--The one part that really struggled in '09--My last parent had a series of strokes and major heart surgery. Her current recovery and abilityo survive 3 months in a hospital room gives me the knowledge of what courage really is. I can't tell you what was going on Sept-December, but I can tell you how to get to a gazillion different hosptials/nursing homes/clinics in the Greater So. Cal area...

Financial--Always shrewd and calculating with my money, I didn't really have that many problems this year as I did in '08. However, the looming possibility of more layoffs does put a sense of concern over myself and the other co-workers. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

CuckingFunt
12-30-2009, 07:53 PM
It was a good year for me. No dramatic highs or lows, really, but I've had supportive friends and family the whole way through, my bills paid and needs met, a couple of really positive casual relationships (one ongoing, one that ended amicably) and am still enjoying my day-to-day life.

That being said, there are a lot of HUGE life changes planned for 2010, so I'm pretty eager to get it started.

mrsmaalox
12-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Rolled with the flow as usual, everything was hunky dunky! But really, everyone I care about was safe and happy, so that's all that matters :)

z0sa
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Better enjoy these moments. 2012 will be here soon.

ploto
12-30-2009, 11:07 PM
2009 was better than 2008. It was the year I completed a long-worked for accomplishment, and a number of positive things came my way that I did not expect. It was better than the previous couple of years that had been very draining and emotionally exhausting.

DieMrBond
12-31-2009, 09:43 AM
2009 was a horrible year, with some nice parts scatted around...

1) Wife got very ill, was placed into hospital suffering heart-failure symptoms, stuttering, light-sensitivity, and they discovered a (tiny) tumour behind her eye. 5 months later, still suffering light sensitivity + occasional stuttering. Bright side, tumour isn't going the problem.
2) Wifes depression got much much worse.
3) Grandma died, and two of our friends babies died.
4) Wife and I seperated for 3 months, before finally managing to reconcile.
5) Had to 'keep up appearances' for the sake of our 3 children for all this time.
6) House dropped in value due to recession, so we now cannot afford to sell + upgrade in size as our current house is only a 2x1.
7) Passed over for job opportunites, because a new person who is 'friends' with my boss was considered better (he's not)

On the brightside, i'm still alive, my kids are still awesome, and looking after 3 young kids (<5) is getting easier...

But i CANNOT wait until 2010. Hoping its better than this year was.

ZombieMichaelJackson
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
2009 was both bad and heeehee....good for me.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Fuck 2009. I hope baby 2010 suffocates old man 2009 with a used diaper at the stroke of midnight.

spursfan09
12-31-2009, 11:37 AM
School wise- Yes a good year.

Love life- Yes

Friends- Good year

Family- not a good year at all!

Financially- not so bad, compared to what the rest of the country was going through. In fact It wasn't bad at all. Me saying it was "not so bad" is an insult to people who lost jobs and what not.

My family suffered alot this year. especially at the end, I'm ready for 2010.

angel_luv
12-31-2009, 11:48 AM
This was a difficult year in that very little came easily but a great year in that God helped me accomplish a lot and I am in a good place now.

I am much more aware and much wiser now than I was at the beginning of 2009, which is a great thing.
The people who fooled me in 2009 are not going to get the better of me in 2010. I lived and I learned.

I am married to an amazing man and we have a lovely home and great pets. I am greatly blessed.

I have a great church, where my faith is fueled and I have the constant support of friends who are like family to me.

I have two jobs and the Spurs job consistently increases my salary. Even better, I am getting to a place financially where I am finally able to consider other work options when I should so desire.

Bo has come to love his job and is doing great at it. I am very proud of all his success and look forward to all I am sure Bo will acheive this upcoming year.

God has really blessed Bo and me. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Come on 2010!

JoeChalupa
01-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Same as it ever was.

MannyIsGod
01-01-2010, 01:28 AM
It had been several years since I felt I lived through what would be considered a good year but this one snuck up on me. In retrospect, it was a very hard year on many fronts but it was a good year. I suspect down the line I'll look back on this year extremely well.

For now I'll accept it was a hard year, but a good one.

Dr. Gonzo
01-01-2010, 01:53 AM
I got married, have an amazing wife, stayed sober, everyone I care about is doing well and I'm pulling a 4.0 in grad school. It was one of the better years I've ever had and I actually remember it all.

Jekka
01-01-2010, 02:08 AM
2009 was a mixed bag. Finished up my master's a semester early, but I'm still job hunting for a position that actually requires the degree - interned in Yellowstone and did a ton of domestic travel (all over Montana and Wyoming, Alberta, Glacier National Park, Grand Tetons, Badlands, New Mexico, DC twice, Upper Peninsula and Lake Superior), but I had to spend too much time away from the people I love. Comme ci, comme ça. Here's to hoping that 2010 is at least as productive and a bit more satisfying in the end than 2009.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-01-2010, 02:32 AM
There's not much more I could have asked for in 2009.

iggypop123
01-01-2010, 03:14 AM
09 was ok, 2010 brings me graduation, my sisters from HS hopefully some more financial success.