PDA

View Full Version : Hornets will be forced to move David West?

Venti Quattro
12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11841/tradenon-trade-were-big-deals-to-hornets

Some NBA executives believe that the Hornets may not be able to avoid dealing away David West before the February 18 trade deadline. Trading West would ensure that the Hornets stay under this season's luxury tax threshold.

The Hornets would likely prefer to move Emeka Okafor, Peja Stojakovic, James Posey, Mo Peterson, Darius Songaila or Julian Wright. But finding a taker for any of these other players will be more difficult than doing so for West.

Damn if he falls into the lap of a contender...

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 07:34 PM
"forced" LMAO ...

It would be a dream come true if this happened. I have been preaching for 2+ years that they have needed to trade West. reasons ...

1. He offers nothing more than nice individual stats on offense and offense only. He plays very below average defense and is extremely selfish on the floor. Very low basketball IQ. West simply just doesn't get "it".

2. There is absolutely noway in hell that the Hornets can unload Peja and his ridiculous contract until the the trade deadline NEXT season. Therefor West should have been the first to go in his place. why? well other than reason #1 above, West has an extremely ownership friendly contract. He is only making an average of about $8M per year this year and next.

West should have been traded at the deadline last season or during the off season whenever his value was still high. I know that he put up 44 points last night, but you would be foolish to think that is the real David West. The Hornets have only kept him for one reason and one reason only, his ownership friendly contract. Now that they realize they will not compete this season they are looking to unload him, but it may be too late to get anything decent in return. His numbers are down this season and at 29 years old he will only decline even more. They should have moved him earlier.

Venti Quattro
12-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Walton and Morrison work.

Fuck that shit.

EDIT: Naw nevermind, it doesn't work for the Hornets. They actually gain money.
Who gains money? LA or NOH? Morrison is an expiring so maybe the Hornets would be enticed to trade

badfish22
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2398

I don't want that trash on the Mavs, but if Donnie can bring in another team for a three way.......

Nvm its Donnie we're talking about here.

Dunc n Dave
12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Finley, Bonner, Hairston and Mahinmi for David West can save the Hornets 3 million dollars.

Throw in the fact that all of those are expiring and Finley/ Bonner could be bought-out and the Hornets have a nice deal there.

:lol And who would the Hornets cut to make room for the extra guys? Hornets will never do it.

Dunc n Dave
12-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Haiston can instantly be cut.

And in the process, the Spurs add another $6 million in salary ($3million x2 because of luxury tax) and they are down to 12 men on the roster, forcing them to sign 1-2 more minimum contracts, adding even MORE money to the luxury tax?

Yeah, something tells me Peter Holt won't buy it...

mogrovejo
BRHornets is more or less right. West was good till 2 seasons ago, but he's been crap since... lazy, tunnel vision, little contribution besides scoring.

But he still has a very decent contract + reputation. So:

1. Trade West getting talent back. MUST DO FOR THE HORNETS.

2. Trade West exclusively in a salary dump. HORRIBLE FOR THE HORNETS.

Ghazi
A lot of teams could trade their trash for David West and actually become worse. This guy is so overrated it isn't even funny. The thing is, people are starting to realize he's overrated, yet he's still overrated.

This guy isn't a difference maker on an elite team. 07-08 was a fluke.

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 07:51 PM
A lot of teams could trade their trash for David West and actually become worse. This guy is so overrated it isn't even funny. The thing is, people are starting to realize he's overrated, yet he's still overrated.

This guy isn't a difference maker on an elite team. 07-08 was a fluke.

LOL moron ...

son then why does West constantly own your boy Dirk head to head? ... son West is no star, but he is not a scrub either.

Ghazi
12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
LOL moron ...

son then why does West constantly own your boy Dirk head to head? ... son West is no star, but he is not a scrub either.

West owns Dirk head to head now? :lol

Ghazi
12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Can someone post the SW Division standings? I've been out of town the last few days and don't know. :lol

badfish22
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
LOL moron ...

http://tapperass.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/tampabaybuccaneers1.jpg

redzero
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Can someone post the SW Division standings? I've been out of town the last few days and don't know. :lol

Were you in Charlotte with your wife?

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 08:03 PM

lol idiot ... please learn how to read and comprehend.

Obviously the Mavericks are having a good year as a team, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about. I clearly said HEAD TO HEAD West owns Dirk and its the truth. West has been in his head ever since the 07-08 playoffs. Dirk is scared shitless of him.

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
were you in charlotte with your wife?

lmao!

son she is up there in Charlotte helping "nurse" Tyson through his injury!

Findog
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Obviously the Mavericks are having a good year as a team, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about. I clearly said HEAD TO HEAD West owns Dirk and its the truth. West has been in his head ever since the 07-08 playoffs. Dirk is scared shitless of him.

Which is why he played so poorly the rest of that series after he tapped him on the cheek.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
pass..

Dunc n Dave
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/bruce_bowen-arton20880-240x240.jpg

You never know.

Anyways the money is handled by the owners and the basketball moves are taken care of by Pop and RC. Not me or you. We'll see what happens.

True, but any move that will cause the owners to have to shell out an additional $8million+ (after luxury taxes are figured in) in THIS Economy, will need the approval of said owners. I don't see Holt and the board shelling out anothr $8million for a one-dimensional player.

David West=Drew Gooden with a better jumper...

Findog
12-30-2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2398

I don't want that trash on the Mavs, but if Donnie can bring in another team for a three way.......

Nvm its Donnie we're talking about here.

It's a pipe dream, but I would love a 3-way that sends West to Sactown and Martin to Dallas, and Gooden I guess to New Orleans where they can waive him immediately.